PDA

View Full Version : What Associations,sites,would you suggest to join in this industry and why ?

NYCEnergy
11-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Associations,Web Sites,Magazines - Which ones would you suggest to join and why? What would the benefits be ?

Fry
11-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Why do you keep adding polls to every post on this board?

A poll is meant for one purpose, you ask a question like "what is your favorite color". This question has a couple of options "Red, Yellow, Blue, etc...".

Asking a question with more questions in the poll doesn't make any sense!

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-10-2005, 10:54 PM
did anyone else besides me find that poll pointless? yeah i said it, a pointless pole....

Mr Zabe
11-11-2005, 02:42 AM
Let's take a pol to deceide on the first pol. LOL

Yes...I agree P.P. :rolleyes:

NYCEnergy
11-11-2005, 05:25 AM
ok everyone have a little patience enough said if you don't want to respond understandable ! leave it alone !!! BEVBOARD RULES !!! Here we go again with the countless comments ! answer the question ! Surprising of the response by Jp after the info i e-mailed anyway good luck to everybody in the near future ! Prove to me your intelligence enlighten me i am looking forward to it !

Fry
11-11-2005, 06:35 AM
Have you ever heard of a thing called "Netiquette": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

I really don't mind answering questions and I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. All I ask of you is to use this board the way it is supposed to be used... Adding pointless polls to every post will definately not make people answer your questions any faster...

the saint
11-11-2005, 07:15 AM
Couldn't really tell you of any associations in NY being I am not from NY. Websites, well to be honest this one is as good or better than many. Magazines, I have always been partial to Beverage World.
There is my intelligence. I (note capital) answered your question and did not bother with your poll. If you have a question, ASK. Your polls are unneccesary as most, if not all, will not bother with them.

NYCEnergy
11-11-2005, 02:01 PM
To all responders i am not here to pick a fight with each and everyone of you.I am here to learn and get educated in this industry. Responders and i do stress RESPONDERS if you would like to help i would appreciate the info. If you do not have anything to say to oblige on the subject than like your Mama said don't say anything at all.

Give this industry the respect it deserves-NYCENERGY

NYCEnergy
11-11-2005, 02:47 PM
an added response : I like to thank BEVNET.com for all the support through there cooperative members thus far. It has been a wonderful education and am looking forward to responding and doing business with your members in the near future. It is entrepeneurs like myself that search for a resourceful publication to help them with there start up businesses and are happy to have found it in BEVNET.com and no other. Why look otherwise when the foundation is right here !

NYCENERGY - CLIMAX ENERGY DRINK coming to a bar and club near you ! Look for the website soon !!!!! New York - NJ - CT

Mr Zabe
11-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Just my two cents.

NYCEnergy,
I would like to welcome you to this fine board of beverage experts. The are all kinds of personalities who participate here. Some of us are very blunt but once you get to know us we are absolutely wonderful caring individuals.

When I first joined this board, I was advised by a fellow board mate to try and get a "thicker skin". That advise was right on target, at least for me. Respect cuts both ways.

IMO this is coolest bunch of beverage addicts you will ever meet. I wish you the best of luck and the loudest of gastric burps. :D

Zabe

[ 11-11-2005, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Fry
11-12-2005, 02:05 PM
NYCEnergy: I appreciate your enthausiasm, as someone who is in the beverage business I can understand you have a lot of questions.

I have been in the business for about 3 years in the Netherlands and I am learning every day. Especially about the way things are done in the USA which is very different from Europe.

Let me make this clear, I just gave you a tip about your posts. I don't know how much experience you have with the internet and please don't see this as an attack on you personally. I just wanted to let you know how to use this board as intended smile.gif

Now lets get back to the interesting discussions about beverages!

[ 11-12-2005, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Fry ]

JP QuikServ Drinks
01-24-2006, 12:36 AM
please don't sell climax. save some dude thousands of dollars for a 4 month (if that) 2006 summer fad and don't waste your time.

but if u should choose to sell it....

please see energy 69.

you can't combine sex with energy drinks. its like combining.... hmm... lemme think.

a lawn chair with my uncle ned's hairy, mole infested backhair.

see how awkward that looks?

greg
01-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by NYCEnergy:
Associations,Web Sites,Magazines - Which ones would you suggest to join and why? What would the benefits be ? NYCENERGY, Some guys are a little hard on here but I think it is because they have seen this same thing over and over again on this board.
What you have above is a question that requires several and multiple answers. It can not be limited to a poll. Perhaps if you worded it like:

What publications do find most helpful in the Bev Industry?

a.Beverage Spectrum
b. Beverage Industry
c. Beverage World
d. Convenient Store Decisions.

That is what a poll looks like.

If you want information just ask everyone what they think is the best way to get more information on the beverage industry is. I bet you will get more than enough answers that will help you.
Greg

DudeMan
01-26-2006, 05:46 AM
Can't combine sex with energy drinks? Sum Poosie seems to be doing pretty well.

Also how is energy 69 doing? Do people like it ebcause it's non carbonated?

Alligator
01-26-2006, 10:37 AM
I think 69 is getting beat up pretty hard. I've been noticing 69 fading a little. Not discreditig 69, I think they did a marvelous job, but I think the majority of the Edrinks are stumbling at this point.

JABevan
01-27-2006, 02:21 PM
I know of a distributor in a nearby region who dropped 69. I test marketed the product and decided not to proceed myself. Tastes great, descent packaging, but the name is too limiting.

I'm having the same troubles with pimpjuice. It's wildly popular because of the name, and unpopular because of the name.

Because of my previous experience, I wouldn't sell a drink named Climax.

greg
01-27-2006, 04:25 PM
The name is what gets people interested. However, like some of you said, the name will keep people away.
Would I walk into the office with a can of
Pimp Juice
Crunk
Sum Poosie
Kronik
NO!

JP QuikServ Drinks
02-02-2006, 06:50 PM
greg all i can tell you is that the drinks that you mentioned made a little noise last summer, but that's it. in terms of staying power, i don't think they will.

but respect the direct advertising these drinks have. they have obviously built a network due to at least mediocre nationwide sales. simple name recognition means that they are definately selling somewhere.

SumPoosieCat
02-02-2006, 11:41 PM
A few years ago when I first came out with SumPoosie I have to admit I was surprised how the reaction to the product varied so widely.
The product has always sold very well and most seem to enjoy it or at least smile when the see it. The problem has NEVER been the lack of people wanting to buy SumPoosie the problem has been my lack of experience and expertice that many on this board have. I have learned a few things along the way. For the longest time I thought having the product in a glass bottle would make a difference to many. In fact, few cared and for some it was a negative. It was hard but I finally made the decision to put SumPoosie in a 16 ounce can and Lil Poosie in a 8 ounce can. Now that I no longer have the expense of a bottle and a wrap I think I can focus on helping distriutors sell the product with more focus on point of sale and cash for top performers. I think SumPoosie is more than just a name I think when you see him...Poosie the cat and the whole logo you just have to try it or at least smile.

greg
02-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by JP QuikServ Drinks:
greg all i can tell you is that the drinks that you mentioned made a little noise last summer, but that's it. in terms of staying power, i don't think they will.

but respect the direct advertising these drinks have. they have obviously built a network due to at least mediocre nationwide sales. simple name recognition means that they are definately selling somewhere. I agree, the drinks made a little noise. However, the name gets people to try it at first which creates a small spike in sale. The taste is what keeps them coming back. Moreover, the Mass Market that most of these companies are trying to reach will not, like me, walk into the office or the classroom, go to the kids ball game etc, with a can of Crunk Juice in thier hand.
After all, isn't the goal of any business to reach the most possible customers? These drinks limit their demographics by giving them such outrageous names.

greg
02-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by TallThinBlonde:
A few years ago when I first came out with SumPoosie I have to admit I was surprised how the reaction to the product varied so widely.
The product has always sold very well and most seem to enjoy it or at least smile when the see it. The problem has NEVER been the lack of people wanting to buy SumPoosie the problem has been my lack of experience and expertice that many on this board have. I have learned a few things along the way. For the longest time I thought having the product in a glass bottle would make a difference to many. In fact, few cared and for some it was a negative. It was hard but I finally made the decision to put SumPoosie in a 16 ounce can and Lil Poosie in a 8 ounce can. Now that I no longer have the expense of a bottle and a wrap I think I can focus on helping distriutors sell the product with more focus on point of sale and cash for top performers. I think SumPoosie is more than just a name I think when you see him...Poosie the cat and the whole logo you just have to try it or at least smile. How are you going to market SumPoosie and Lil Poosie to middle America? That is where the money is for the energy drink category. Many people find the name offensive or degrading.
I just don't see RedBull being concerned about their market share being atrophied by a drink named SumPoosie.
my .02

climaxenergydrink
02-09-2006, 06:45 PM
I do appreciate all your comments(Jason-Jp Quik Serv,JABevan) but as you all well know that there is tremendous consideration when you come up with a name and bring it to the for front. First you truly have to think of your target market i mean our product CLIMAX energy drink is not going to be sold at toys r us, or anywhere a young adult can get there hands on our product even though we all know if a young adult wanted to get the product they truly could. But more importantly our market is for the 21 to 35 year old in the bar scene, club scene and wants to experience a new innovative energy drink. Ofcourse we can't forget about the strip joints its simple and easy we are in bag in the box and tank systems we are approaching the can and bottling arena also soon so Ask Yourself Are You Prepared To Bring Out the Freak In you !! www.climaxenergydrink.com (http://www.climaxenergydrink.com) We hope to change your mind ladies and gentleman if so call us on the freak line !! We will see you all on the dance floor just remember there are people SOBER in Japan SO DO NOT SPILL !!! JUST CLIMAX !!!