PDA

View Full Version : Pink Energy Drink, Energy for women!

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-12-2005, 05:56 PM
guys, next week i am expecting a sample of 2 new drinks designed specifically for women, Pink Energy Drink, and Pink20, nutritionally flavored water. you can check out their website at www.pink20.com. (http://www.pink20.com.) what do you think about this? i personally think the market is saturated with male like symbols, like ur bulls, bears, testosterone enhanced items and such. why not cater to the other half of the population, women?

Fry
11-13-2005, 05:18 AM
Nice design, it could definately have a chance!

Where do you plan to sell this product? Or where do you plan to start? I guess it's a lot of work to promote a new brand.

[ 11-13-2005, 05:19 AM: Message edited by: Fry ]

Boozebaron
11-13-2005, 11:06 AM
One of my favorite bars here in New Hampshire stocks the Pink Energy Drink. I guess it is marketed to women but I like it as well. This category is way saturated but I think pink has a real shot. The name is great, the flavor is good and I dig the packaging.

Mr Zabe
11-13-2005, 12:01 PM
<Warning joke to follow>

Why not put boobs and panties on Red Bull and rename it M.R.L. (Miss Red Looker). LOL

(Ok..You can now pelt me with your out of date pop cans.)

[ 11-13-2005, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-13-2005, 12:57 PM
i plan on marketing it in the Nassau County, Long Island area. i am a new distributor, and i want something that will make me stand out from other vendors. i already have a drink called "Pure Gutz" (take a look at the bottle, www.PureGutz.com (http://www.PureGutz.com) ), and yes, it will be a ton of work.

booze, how does it do? i expect the sample in my office this week.

as for you zabe, between you and i, i actually have a very very large breasted wife to market this! (one inappropriate comment deserves another).

Ron Swedelson
11-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Ive tried pink, taste really good. My wife loves it and was upset when we ran though our samples. For her it worked great, I think if this company gets a good line of distributors, they can find a nitch in the market for them.

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-13-2005, 09:48 PM
excellent, ron. thanks for the imput.

Boozebaron
11-13-2005, 11:27 PM
JP, it does well in the places that I have seen it. I think they are on to something although I think the appeal goes beyond women. It tastes really good too with raspberry vodka.

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Booze, can you elaborate on the "goes beyond women" comment? you have piqued my curiousity.

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-15-2005, 01:07 PM
all you industry professionals, i got news for you. this drink is coming in at an EXPENSIVE price, nearly $24/case + FOB east coast. i too am on the east coast. i believe a 1 pallet minimum is needed. what do you guys think of the price?

in order for it to be financailly feasible, i would have to retail this bad boy to stores at around $30 or so a case.

Fry
11-15-2005, 01:10 PM
In that case I would never buy it, the cost to produce 1 tray of 24 cans is around $5 (give or take)

Don't waste your time, price is a very important factor!

Mr Zabe
11-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Not to be argumentative.

Does not the market meet the demand especially in the girly girl energy drinks? Lets for get that
for the majority of energy drink drinks, the price is not the first or second factor is selecting and energy drink. If they were very concerned or "drink frugal" they would most likely not even purchase an energy drink in the first place.

IMO energy drinks are an odd category for the drink industry. Energy drinkers drink them for a perceived energy boost, when they find "their" drink some not all would pay a premium for their fix with out flexing a brain cell. LOL

I'm a soda pop switch hitter. I buy my "table pops" cheap. I view myself as mainstream. IMO energy drinkers are not so mainstream. They buy based on how much of a real or perceived energy boost they will get from it. It's like taking a brand medication, once you find the perfect medication taking another cost effective similar one may not work as well as the original med.

Human nature is often irrational and so are the energy and soda pop consumers.

Ramblings over.

Zabe

[ 11-15-2005, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Fry
11-15-2005, 04:05 PM
True, but you still need to convince the shops/bars to carry your product... at such a high price that could be a real problem!

Mr Zabe
11-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Well said. That's were common meets sence. smile.gif

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-15-2005, 05:13 PM
see, my warehouse and i agree with fry's point. girly girl nitche drink or not, the price just seems outrageous. how do they have a right to charge this? pisses me off...

Fry
11-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by JP QuikServ Drinks:
How do they have a right to charge this? pisses me off... They have a right to do what they want allthough it isn't that smart to charge that much money for such a product.

If I were you I'd simply tell them "Sorry, not interested... call back once you drop $10 of the price of a tray". After all you are the one promoting their product, they should support you!

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-16-2005, 08:51 PM
that's funny, thats almost VERBATUM what i told them! it's just unfortunate is all im sayin', we have a market for that, but for the right price, not that crap.

Dasani
11-18-2005, 07:56 PM
you should try Tab Energy, its pink and has a great taste.

Ron Swedelson
11-20-2005, 01:06 AM
I kind of skimmed the posts here...but did someone say they would need to sell this energy drink for $30 a case? Was that a complaint or what am I missing...most drinks here are going for around $30-$34 a case.

Energy G
11-29-2005, 02:35 AM
What most smaller distributors run into, and the reason they often are floored by the relatively standard distributor pricing of $20-$24 per case, is that they don't have enough accounts to encourage manufacturers to offer things like POS, salesperson incentives, introductory pricing for the wholesaler (ie, manufacturer absorbs some or all of the cost of dropping the per case price for the first month or so), etc. When distributors talk about starting with a single pallet or even splitting a pallet, they have to keep in mind that major distributors typically won't even consider anything less than 10+ pallets. Nothing against the "Little Guys", but that's generally why the quoted $24 landed price actually ends up being $24 with little support, versus $24 per case on paper with $8 in incentives and support staff and branded vehicles in the field paid for by the manufacturer that larger distributors end up with.

I wish I could put out the same kind of support for smaller distritors, but its generally not feasible if they're only willing to pay $16 per case for one or two pallets at a time.

JP QuikServ Drinks
01-24-2006, 12:37 AM
i still think it's a bit too high.

JP QuikServ Drinks
02-16-2006, 01:31 PM
has anyone taken this drink on? has anyone had sales experience with it? im curious...

Lepke
02-16-2006, 06:25 PM
I’ve seen so many new energy drinks hit the market at crazy prices. They all think they can get $24.00 or even more a case. Give em 6 months or a year and if they are still operating they will most likely beg you to take it at $12.00 a case. And give it to you on a net 30 to boot.

JP QuikServ Drinks
03-22-2006, 07:35 PM
still waitin on someone who has tryed pink.... anyone? i want sales data.

ehinkes
03-23-2006, 03:25 PM
The womens segment is starting to get some momentum. Go Girl is all over San Francisco... It sounds and looks a lot like Pink... my review here( http://taurinerules.blogspot.com/2006/03/things-i-do-for-my-readers.html )

I was not impressed with the flavor at all and don't think women will be either. I had some girls I know try it and they didn't like it either.

JP QuikServ Drinks
03-23-2006, 04:59 PM
ehin, well written.

how would i go about contacting/sampling go girl?

ehinkes
03-23-2006, 05:41 PM
If you're interested in contacting them here is their website: http://www.gogirlenergy.com/

The product is literally everywhere in SF, if you know anybody out there they could send you some. I know they have it at the market at the top of Nob Hill.

JP QuikServ Drinks
03-26-2006, 12:57 AM
good lookin' out my friend. thanks. i should of figured that, and just typed it in myself.