PDA

View Full Version : XS: Pyramid Scheme?

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-13-2005, 10:52 PM
i recently recieved this email from somebody...

I saw your post on the bevnet site about wanting to sell energy drinks in your vending machines. Have you tried the XS energy drinks available exclusively from Quixtar.com? I've tried them all and they are very good. Currently, XS is 2nd behind Red Bull in sales and is only available from independent business owners. Check out the website below for more information. If you want some samples, I'll send you some. Also, Quixtar paid out 60 million dollars in the past 2 years with just this drink product. You might want to try it.

Sincerely,
Marsha & James Bujnoch

is this website a crock or is this legitimate?

Ron Swedelson
11-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Tell me how they could even be #2? Please, if they were #2 behind Red Bull, without even being in stores, why would they not go retail and become #1 and make billion per year???
I have not heard anything good about their pyramid scheme, but I am also not apart of it.

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-15-2005, 02:04 PM
i think those folks are liars, personally. i dont mean to bash any drinks but i dont go claiming my drinks are #2 in sales. it's absurd, and unprofessional, kinda like saying Energy 69 tastes like gasoline!

Kyle
11-15-2005, 03:13 PM
he's new to the site and probably new to learning about his beverage line. cut the poster some slack

sethdedun
11-15-2005, 08:23 PM
XS Powerdrinks are definately off the wall with sales, I agree that I dunno if I would just toss up the claim that they are #2 in sales, but I mean you can definately go check that out in any consumers report instead if crying about stats on here. I am a registered Quixtar IBO and I have had the opportunity to try many of the XS flavours, and agree that the taste is far better than the other brands that are currently pulling retail space.

XS Has an exclusive contract with Quixtar for sales, which is why they do not appear on store shelves. If you desire any more factual information regarding XS feel free to buzz me at clarkintl@rogers.com

Thanks

Brian

turtleboy
11-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by sethdedun:
XS Powerdrinks are definately off the wall with sales, I agree that I dunno if I would just toss up the claim that they are #2 in sales, but I mean you can definately go check that out in any consumers report instead if crying about stats on here. I am a registered Quixtar IBO and I have had the opportunity to try many of the XS flavours, and agree that the taste is far better than the other brands that are currently pulling retail space.

XS Has an exclusive contract with Quixtar for sales, which is why they do not appear on store shelves. If you desire any more factual information regarding XS feel free to buzz me at clarkintl@rogers.com

Thanks

Brian XS does appear on store shelves. I've seen it on shelves in Michigan and Indiana.

Kyle
11-17-2005, 12:56 PM
I think he ment to say that it's not supposed to be on shelves.

machaira
02-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:
Tell me how they could even be #2? Please, if they were #2 behind Red Bull, without even being in stores, why would they not go retail and become #1 and make billion per year???
I have not heard anything good about their pyramid scheme, but I am also not apart of it.

RunWithDaLilGuy
02-02-2006, 12:53 AM
totally a pyramid scheme. unless it's the team concept. believe baby. energy drink of destiny!

JP QuikServ Drinks
02-02-2006, 07:47 PM
if the bottom line is taste and drink effectiveness (which in consumer's eyes, it should be), this drink is subpar at best. pyramid scheme or not. i certainly will not mess around with a nitcheless product such as XS.

Freedom
02-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion...
I personally love XS Energy Drink because of the taste and even energy it gives!

IxHavenxI
02-14-2006, 01:04 AM
I agree with Freedom... XS does taste great (depending which flavor you like, there are 8-9 of them) and I can personally tell you that it is not even close to a pyramid scheme. I know this because I am one of those Independant Business Owners signed up with Quixtar, and one of the things you learn is the definition of a pyramid and the diferences between them. That and I honestly can't believe that a company developed by Microsoft and IBM and has partner stores such as Barns and Noble and Office Max and the Disney Store could be a pyramid.

It's kind of sad when people run around assuming things which they know nothing about.

Mr. Elekt
02-14-2006, 02:30 AM
I have not heard anything good about their pyramid scheme, but I am also not apart of it. We are ONLY #2 because we do not advertise, we don't want to advertise because we we want to stay exclusive, we stay exclusive because we want to give you first hand testimonials on its performance and taste, and not have a hyped up rockstar tell you that you need to buy it. Besides who do you trust, your friend or someone being paid $$$ to get you to buy "thier" product that they never even drink!

As far as a pyramid scheme; #1 "Pyramid Scheme" is a leagal term to descibe an illegal operation, and #2 are you saying that there are 100+ million people (the number of IBOs in USA & Canada) involved in a pyramid scheme and are so good at what they do the government hasn't seemed to shut them down yet?! Just ponder that for a moment!!!

Ron Swedelson
02-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Wow....someone belives all this crap they are being fed. "I am the #2 brand because I dont want to advertise" Bull $h!t... First off...Red Bull and Rockstar and Monster did not come off the factory advertising. Secondly, over 100 million people here are part of this XS thing...yet I have seen 1 person EVER in public drinking an XS. I have seen distributors pick it up and drop it because they can not get any reorders. I have seen it sit on shelves in Wal-Mart. But your #2. How is it, that you could be #2, yet no store wants this drink? How can you be #2, and only a handfull of distributors have carried the drink, and failed miserably with it. How is it that the #10 drink can probably float a distributors profits and keep them going, yet no one can sell your brand. Maybe, in a couple homes you are #2. Maybe your brand is #2, to represent the bowel movement it can be best described as. Maybe its #2 because the print add cut off the 10 before it (#102)...either way...I dont buy it.

cwillix
02-15-2006, 11:46 AM
LET ME CLEAR UP SOME CONFUSION ON THIS THREAD, EH?
I found these postings to be particularly amusing b/c of the irony in the solution. After 20 seconds of research, I was able to confirm that XS is indeed the 2nd Largest-Selling Energy Drink in the United States....as quoted by the very website you are posting within: BEVNET!!
Feel free to see the link below from Bevnet that produced the article, stating: "“It’s through this unique arrangement [Quixtar] that XS was able to become the second largest selling energy drink brand in the United States in such a short period of time.” Bevnet is basing that quote upon research from IRI [Information Resources Incorporated, an unrelated third party corporation that maintains consumer purchase databases and is revered as experts in the packaged goods industry].

Here's the article for your review: (http://www.bevnet.com/news/spotlight/xs/default.asp). Happy to clear up any ignorance that may have existed around this fact. Make it a great day!!

JP QuikServ Drinks
02-16-2006, 02:22 PM
listen, i sell drinks for a living, and i must of seen nearly 400 delis, supermarkets, convenience stores, etc in the new york area in the past maybe 4 months or so, and i have seen XS maybe once.

you cant get that popular if your face isnt seen in stores, i simply dont believe those stats.

Ron Swedelson
02-17-2006, 12:51 PM
When I worked for BAWLS Guarana, and was a Regional Manager working in Alaska, California, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Texas, Kentucky and a few others...I have only seen XS in a handfull of stoes. Mainly in San Francisco, were I still see sucktion racks in coolers, but filled with other items. I even ran into a rep. one time in San Francisco who was giving out samples of XS, with the cans marked "for sample only, not for sale" but the product just doesnt really sell, so stores who brought it in, never re-ordered. I have only seen 1 person in my whole life, drinking a can of XS.

CStoreCatMan
02-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Cwillix - the link you provided led to a "page cannot be found." Second, there's no possible way that drink is #2 behind Red Bull. I see sales data every day...from IRI/AC Nielsen, some directly from account scan data, etc. XS is non-existent in the SoCal energy market (which is probably one of the most developed markets in the country). It doesn't even hit the radar...not sure what that article said (as the link wouldn't work) but there's no possible way that XS ranks that high. I, like JP do not believe those stats at all.

CStoreCatMan
02-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Here's a quote from an article about XS...

***"Since launching the very first XS Energy Drink products two years ago, IBOs powered by Quixtar have sold more than 6.7 million cases of XS Energy Drinks. Quixtar launched the XS Energy Drink line in September 2002 with two flavors: Cranberry-Grape and Citrus Blast.

"We sold 55,000 cases within the first three weeks," says Claire Zevalkink, Quixtar Vice President of Marketing. "We could barely keep up with the demand."

Two years later, XS Energy Drinks have become one of Quixtar's best selling brands. "We sold more than 2.5 million cases of XS Energy Drinks in that first year," says Zevalkink."***

Now, do you really think Monster has sold less than 6.7 million cases in the last two years? LOL..I think not. Rockstar even? These guys are not selling the #2 energy drink in the U.S. no matter how you dice it...

Lepke
02-17-2006, 02:27 PM
I think most of us have known people who have gotten involved with multilevel marketing or network marketing. They are all going to get rich and you can too. How many of you have had friends or acquaintances weasel their way over to your home for some reason that they can only explain to you after they get there? Even then it’s an hour or more till they get to the point?
None of these folks make any real money and thus far all the people I have known who got involved with these schemes are no longer in them.
The so-called “IBO’s” that troll this forum are a frustrating lot… it’s like talking to a rock. If it were up to me (and it’s NOT) I would ban all IBO’s from this forum on sight.

Mr Zabe
02-17-2006, 03:42 PM
My friends older brother who had a masters in chemistry got caught up in a pyramid scheme. They tried to get me to join the "company LOL" and then recruit 15 more people then I would get $10,000. This was about 20 years ago.

I told them that his "company" was nothing more than a big rip off. I was told to creatively stick something in a part of my body. LOL

A year and half later the dummy declared bankruptcy and ended up is some sort of legal problems. LOL I guess I got the last laugh.

[ 02-23-2006, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

IxHavenxI
02-19-2006, 01:19 AM
You don't just get paid quick by getting a few people, you have to actually WORK for what you earn in this business. (Funny concept, isn't it?) They never attempt to sell it as a "get rich quick!" scheme with easy work (though if you've heard that, you've talked to a pretty mislead IBO).

And I think that they've sold so many because people who buy them, mostly IBOs and some clients, buy A LOT. As in multiple cases at a time. It's not just a ton of people buying one can, it's less people buying many many cases.

And I've only ever seen one person in my life drink a Rockstar, and only two people ever drinking a Monster, and I've NEVER seen anybody actually drink a Red Bull. Does that mean that they never sell anything?? I'm sorry, but that's a terribly ignorant assumption to make, that a product only does as well based on how many people -you- see using it.

[ 02-19-2006, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: IxHavenxI ]

Mr. Elekt
02-19-2006, 05:22 AM
Wow....someone belives all this crap they are being fed. "I am the #2 brand because I dont want to advertise" Bull $h!t... First off...Red Bull and Rockstar and Monster did not come off the factory advertising. Secondly, over 100 million people here are part of this XS thing...yet I have seen 1 person EVER in public drinking an XS. I have seen distributors pick it up and drop it because they can not get any reorders. I have seen it sit on shelves in Wal-Mart. But your #2. How is it, that you could be #2, yet no store wants this drink? How can you be #2, and only a handfull of distributors have carried the drink, and failed miserably with it. How is it that the #10 drink can probably float a distributors profits and keep them going, yet no one can sell your brand. Maybe, in a couple homes you are #2. Maybe your brand is #2, to represent the bowel movement it can be best described as. Maybe its #2 because the print add cut off the 10 before it (#102)...either way...I dont buy it. How ignorant do you have to be to say things like that?! "Maybe your brand is #2, to represent the bowel movement it can be best described as. Maybe its #2 because the print add cut off the 10 before it (#102)" - How stupid is that? Speaking of your #2, do you ever "see" anyone do that in public? Then how do you know they do?! I guess we have a bunch of constipated people roaming around out there. Maybe that explains why they are all so cranky all the time! Pretty dumb thought huh! XS is not on shelves because is is sold exclusivly through Independent IBO distributors. Just because you don't see people buying them by the case, or juzzling them down in front of you doesn't mean they aren't doing well and people don't drink them.

BevNET
02-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Putting the obnoxious #2 comments aside, there is a valid point here.

If you consider non-Coke/Pepsi beverage companies that are doing over $300 million in sales (which is where XS would supposedly be if it were truly #2), you basically have Red Bull and Vitaminwater.

These are products that you see being consumed everywhere. It takes a lot of people to consume the volume that these products move. Ignoring the distribution differences between traditional beverages and XS, you should still see people out and about that are consuming XS energy drinks.

However, that's not the case. I would suggest that very few people on this board have ever seen an XS energy drink being consumed. Even if you have seen someone consuming XS, it's not going to be at the same volume as Glaceau / Red Bull. Hardly scientific, but given that there is no VERIFIABLE information for this brand, that's all that most people have to go on.

just thinkin
02-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Can somebody please tell me what is so wrong with a network marketing program to get a product out on the market? I know and have heard of bad companies that are "pyramid schemes" but that can not mean that every program is a scam. I myself have met people in these so called pyramid schemes that are doing very well and some are even becoming very very wealthy to the point where they no longer have to go to their JOB any more. Plus, not only that but is it not true that pretty much every buisness including our own government is structured like a pyramid? It is even on the back side of our own dollar bill. I do know that there is illegal pyramids out there but what about the companies that have been around and thriving for a number of years?

Mr Zabe
02-20-2006, 07:44 PM
FYI This is a good over view of pyramid schemes.

Pyramid Schemes (http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Crimes/Delivered/pyramids.htm)

Ron Swedelson
02-21-2006, 04:55 PM
I actually have seen 3 people going #2 in public. They have all been homeless people, but I have unfortunatly seen it. That is unfortunatly 2 more people than I have ever seen drink XS.
I love how they always say "You dont see it in stores because that is not how it is marketed" Yet, they keep ignoring the fact that I have seen it in stores, I have seen distributors carry it. It point blank does not sell. Whats worse is that we are all arguing about it. Most of us here are in the beverage indusrty, or closely related to it. There is not one person here, who is not attatched to XS, that can say XS sells, or is popular. I GUARANTEE, if there is any beverage out there that is second behind Red Bull, someone would find a way to bring that to market and make millions and millions of dollars. Someone would find a way...but since that drink simply does not hold true to the #2 drink...it will just sit in someone fridge, and maybe every few days the company will send out a few more cases via Fed Ex.

JP QuikServ Drinks
02-21-2006, 10:04 PM
guys, what have we learned from all this?

tell all your friends NOT to buy XS!

conversely, negative publicity is still publicity, and even though the vast, vast majority of people in the US does not read this, word still spreads. people talk.

Lepke
02-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by JP QuikServ Drinks:

tell all your friends NOT to buy XS!

That’s a no brainer. I don’t know a sole that would drink XS.
I would however tell my friends to stay away from Quixtar or Amway or any other MLM rip off.

just thinkin
02-23-2006, 11:31 PM
A lot of people became millionares through amway and other network marketing programs why do you think its a rip off did you have a bad experience?

Lepke
02-24-2006, 01:03 PM
I have no statistics but I believe the vast majority of fools who get involved with these scams get ripped off.
Where are your statistics that people who are not on the inside of these MLM’s get rich?
I have never heard of anyone becoming a millionaire from Amway, other then the crooks at the top.
While I have never been suckered into shelling out my hard earned cash for the right of annoying every one I know, (I can annoy my friends and family on my own) I do know people who have been. Not a single one has ever made any real cash and almost all have lost money before wising up and getting out.
And by the way IBO’s are not real businesses.
And this is the beverage industry… I don’t see where these companies fit into it…

[ 02-24-2006, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

Mr Zabe
02-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Ditto!!!
If someone says that I can make big time money by doing little time work...I say show me the money or take your promises some where else.

Why would someone or a company be so eager to make me rich? Common sense makes the best sense. Only a desperate fool parts with his money so easily.

[ 02-24-2006, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Sadiestarz
04-10-2006, 11:22 PM
No one who is making money through Quixtar will EVER tell you that it was "big time money by doing little time work" It takes work but a different kind of work than getting up to an annoying alarm clock, trotting off to work because I owe, I owe so off to work I go. Doing the same thing day after day after day to earn a pay check that you have no time to spend it because you are exhausted from working to get that money, or too far in debt to actually have some play money. This Independant Business Ownership through Quixtar has many different branches going through it, Amway being one of them. Amway did make a lot of people pretty wealthy but what they failed to teach was money management. If you make $100,000 a year and you spend $100,000 a year you are still broke. The organization I am affiliated with teaches you delayed gratification, do the work first then invest, then spend, but never more than you make. I am earning a passive residual income. My money makes money from a system that was put in place by me investing time and building the system first. I am certainly not "at the top" as the top is unknown. And anyone who wants to put the effort into building a passive residule income will benefit from it. Not everyone is receptive to this idea, but the way the times have shifted, the internet is the way things are going whether we agree with it or not. Why wouldn't you want to take advantage of the internet and make some money that will change your life, it doesn't matter where you buy your stuff, a lot of people value their time more than going to a store to buy their things and would rather have someone else deliver it to their doorstep and make money in the process. Meeting new people and making new friends, what's wrong with that? If you see a good movie you tell your friends and family about it, why not tell them about a wonderful business you have just heard about? Take them on the journey with you. There is so much negativity in this world, a little positive comes along and people are so quick to judge it with out the facts. Good people do good things with money. So just a note to anyone who is ever told to join because you can get rich quick...run...and run away fast because that is a scam. But someone who says, I will help you succeed and I will not succeed until I help you succeed. Then do yourself a favor, and check it out. But believe me, it's not for everyone, not everyone can do it. It takes someone with driven determination and someone who truly wants to win and help other win in the process. It takes courage that most people have lost along the way because they are living a lifestyle defined by their jobs. Now I sit and wait to see all the negative replies posted about what I have just said. And congratulations to you who read this and realize this is just one persons opinion and don't say anything negative.

fusion
04-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Paragraphs are your friends.

Lepke
04-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Bottom line … go away….. we don’t care….

ATTAINintl
04-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Hey, Sadiestarz, you can't teach people who want to remain in the dark about something so awesome (that's right I said it) as Quixtar! Build your business my friend.

I mean really, these naysayers must own the companies that produce the beverages that they are so protective of.... Oh, wait a minute, my business partner just told me that they are just salespeople for those beverage companies, and are also part of a pyramid scheme because they work for a boss who is collecting the big profits off of the hard work that they do by going out to the local establishments in order to make a sale.

It's a good thing that IBO's can actually say that we own the right to distribute this product and the thousnads of other non-beverage products and services offered through Quixtar and the thousands of partner relationships we have with Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies.

Oh, and the 3% to 25% profit that we earn from VOLUME business that we do supporting our own business and offering others the opportunity to become IBO's, members or clients, with a one stop 'you're going to buy it anyway, anything you need' shopping experience. Did they know that we not only offer exclusive products such as XS, but thousands of other brand name products - WOW... I guess soemone could really get rich quick in this 'thing' if they really wanted to. But, it's a good thing that this 'pyramid', is a legal pyramid - just like all the other beverage companies out there.

Workaholics everywhere!!! Do yourselves a favor and stop hating on XS Energy (cause it's good, and you know it) Stop hating on IBO's because we OWN our lives and not a space in a cubicle, filling quotas everyday.

XS Energy is the best!

EntreEnergy
04-14-2006, 07:59 PM
I was approached while at a pizza parlor yesterday by an overly outgoing fellow. After the routine questions 'where do you go to school (im in a college part of town)' 'whats your major' bla bla bla, I mentioned RB vending, and he asked about XS energy. I just had read the XS threads the day before...all i could do was laugh. I've been involved in network marketing, and he had the red flag from the beginning. network marketers say the same thing no matter what your condition is...good luck making it come true.

Super Jay
04-14-2006, 11:46 PM
I love the one posters who come on here and talk up XS and Quixtar. It's funny how they seem post once and then go away and then come back again as another screen name and post again.

Lepke
04-14-2006, 11:51 PM
The XS people are not the only ones.
How many times have we seen someone start a thread about some new energy drink no one ever heard of then are never seen again?
But over the years the XS people have been some of the most annoying.

freek4JC
04-15-2006, 03:43 AM
I'm just a lowly consumer and college student who has often used energy drinks to make it through finals and exams. I've tried a lot, including XS, and i do think they aren't bad. That is a personal opinion, just like those who love Pepsi more than Coke. As for the business, IBO's are definitely interesting, and i think it's quite humorous to see everyone arguing about it, but the fact of the matter is, if you don't like dealing with a salesperson, then just buy the drinks from the net, and make sure you keep your regular job instead of signing up to sell the drinks. As for advertising, they may not be as big as they advertise, but they definitely aren't the first company to stretch the truth. How about we discuss the effects of the drink and the usefulness of it to athletes and poor college students compared to other energy drinks instead of how we purchase it, because i can tell you right now, as a college student I'm interested in results and cost, not really what company the product comes from.

Lepke
04-15-2006, 10:18 AM
As a poor collage student don’t you find XS to be over priced? It passes through so many hands before it gets to the consumer that the price can often be almost $3.00 a can.
As a poor college student you should check out dollar stores and close out stores you are sure to find better deals there. As a poor collage student maybe one of the many 16oz energy drinks would be a better value.

ATTAINintl
04-15-2006, 04:59 PM
These people on bevnet are paranoid. My first visit to this site was 4/14/06. I actually came across the site after reading an excerpt from the co-founder of XS. When I registered and saw all the great features and resources, I thought it was a great site.

Unfortunately, bevnet has disappointed me greatly. Not only is free speech and creative support lacking here, there seems to be a terribly insulting anti everything about XS, IBO's and Quixtar. Could it be that the fact that those who can not corner the market of this beverage because of its exclusivity, have become immensely negative, jealous, and hateful human beings. All because people are proud of owning a piece of the corporate pie and loving what they do.

Spam? Hmmm...this site is called bevnet... for a reason. It's very interesting how the haters use signatures and icons that feature their fav bev to make their nasty remarks against anything it doesn't support - I thought this was a democracy!

So, whose going to tell the 1 million IBO's around the WORLD, building their businesses with XS as an optional selling item, that this 'thing' is really an insane MLM that never works?
Make sure you have a substitute as to how they can achieve financial FREEDOM, that doesn't involve a cubicle.

We can break it down this way... let's just say the million of us only have 5 members and 10 clients each, who purchase only... let's say 2 cases of XS a week (and that's not including any of the other thousands of products that are offered) ...X that by the wholesale price (not the retail cost)...X that by 52 weeks and tell me what you get? Oh, and feel free to Use YOUR bev numbers.

Wow...I guess XS COULD actually be #2 even without all the advertising PROPAGANDA.

Now, please people...play fair!

Oh, and there was one good suggestion demanded by one of these hateful bevnet beings (and I'm so surprised at the bevnet administrators - what a nice welcome for a newbie such as myself) - IBO's get your own message board - hmmm... we're so innovative in all that we do, that may actually be in the works.

Lepke
04-15-2006, 05:10 PM
One would think someone from Brooklyn would be savvy enough not to get suckered into a scam like this.
This is not a democracy it’s a Private company named bevnet. And the guy who owns it can censor what he wants.
And no one wants you.
For years now XS people have been coming here to tout there junk and multi level marketing rip off.

Many of the old members / posters are sick of you.

Please sell your crap elsewhere.

You must have looked through all the XS related posts on bevnet.
Can you not see that you are not wanted?

[ 04-15-2006, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

Mr Zabe
04-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Lepke is correct.
Free speech is not protected on message boards.
Owners of these boards can moderate based on any reason or grounds.

Lepke
04-15-2006, 05:45 PM
These XS people are so persistent and annoying that you would think that they would be successful at it. But as far as I know not a single one who I have met in person or seen on this board are making any thing. I bet if they put that drive and energy into a real business they might get somewhere.

Sadiestarz
04-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Just how many bank accounts of IBO's have you actually "seen on this board" My guess would be NONE. You have no clue on how much we make. But we do it individually, not everyone is at the same level. If you haven't met an IBO that is sucessful, then I would think your association of people is different. Just out of curiousity...what do you consider a "real business"? 60 hour work week stuck in a factory/foundry...with some other people who you can't stand to be around? That might be for you, but it is not for the hundreds of thousands of IBO who just have gotten some different information on how to generate income. XS isn't our complete business. It just happens to be one of the products offered out of over a million. We buy it ... you don't...end of story.

Lepke
04-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Lepke:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BevNET:
OK, ok, enough of this. For the record, you are at least the 30th IBO who has come on here trying to make this argument.

First of all, I would like to point out that your signature is a violation of Quixtar's rules. Expect an email from rules_administrator@quixtar.com in the near future.

So, to answer your questions:
1. Yes, we (those who run this site) have tried every XS product
2. Yes, we have dealt with IBOs (countless), Quixtar Corporate, the folks who run XS Gear, as well as the company that actually makes XS for Quixtar

Are those qualifications OK?

Anyway, here's why IBOs and XS take such a beating on this site:

1. There is no verifiable data to prove XS's success or lack thereof. You and every other IBO say that XS is #2...Prove it. Every other brand has IRI and AC Nielsen, but Quixtar does not.

2. Pyramid scheme? Fine, fine...The FTC investigated Amway in the late 70's and they figured out a way to appease the government. However, it is widely known that IBOs use "retail" rather than "personal consumption" when purchasing for themselves. This, in turn, means that many people are going to view Quixtar as a pyramid scheme as this is, well, the very definition of a pyramid scheme.

3. IBOs like to contradict themselves. In your case, you've pointed out that Quixtar would never hire a celebrity but then pointed out that Bill Gates etc endorse the product. So which is it?

4. Every IBO -- yourself included -- says the same thing. It's obvious that free thinking isn't part of the program. Many reference psycho babble about being "prosumers" or something else that was obviously fed to them.
Originally posted by BevNET:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mr. Elekt:
First of all as a member of the BevNet staff shouldn't you be impartial? Isn't that like the boss saying "I like coke, so that's all anyone can drink at work"? And, I did not say Bill Gates endorses the product, I said he endorses our organization, which many on this site seem to put down so readily.That's a really strange response to what I wrote. You asked "why all the hostility?" and I believe that I directly adressed your points.

What's the difference between Bill Gates endorsing the product or the organization? You used it to bolster the case for the product -- which is the same thing that you attempted to poke fun at.

Honestly, your reply is yet another example of why people are hostile to IBOs. </font>[/QUOTE]
No one in the beverage industry cares about it as it doesn't compete for the same shelf space or in the same distribution channels.

People on this board care because IBOs constantly come on here and annoy the hell out of everyone. Who can blame them.
Putting the obnoxious #2 comments aside, there is a valid point here.

If you consider non-Coke/Pepsi beverage companies that are doing over $300 million in sales (which is where XS would supposedly be if it were truly #2), you basically have Red Bull and Vitaminwater.

These are products that you see being consumed everywhere. It takes a lot of people to consume the volume that these products move. Ignoring the distribution differences between traditional beverages and XS, you should still see people out and about that are consuming XS energy drinks.

However, that's not the case. I would suggest that very few people on this board have ever seen an XS energy drink being consumed. Even if you have seen someone consuming XS, it's not going to be at the same volume as Glaceau / Red Bull. Hardly scientific, but given that there is no VERIFIABLE information for this brand, that's all that most people have to go on. </font>[/QUOTE]

buddha
05-25-2006, 04:09 PM
I've tried it and the fact that it provides the energy through vitamins and not sugar while having a great taste is nice

Lepke
05-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by buddha:
I've tried it and the fact that it provides the energy through vitamins and not sugar while having a great taste is nice Yet another so-called IBO

kaibast
06-07-2006, 03:19 PM
I am new here, and that doesn't imply any affiliations with anything, but I just had to say that after I tried XS, it is the only energy drink I've ever had that didn't taste like cough syrup, refined pixie sticks, concentrated Mountain Dew, or butt. I guess I don't know what some of these very excitable people are talking about. It cost the same amount as any other energy drink. In fact, I paid $2.00 for it which is on par with many of the most recognized drinks in stores. And quite honestly, the people who are so passionate about this topic have got to be affiliated with some company because good lord, the stuff tastes good, doesn't give you a stomach ache, and doesn't provide the usual 10-minute rush and hard crash that the 30-90 grams of sugar in most of these other energy drinks do. I felt better for having had it. I don't care what company makes or distributes it. It works.

It is probably my fault for reading through this entire topic, but it strikes me as incredibly sad the amount of time some individuals spend ranting about other people and hating on XS on this forum.

I guess the most important thing anyone reading this could do is this- before you take advice from anyone, ****make sure they are in life where you want to be****, because the only thing a poor person can teach you is how to be poor. The only thing an angry person can teach you is how to be angry. And in the long run you might as well just be yourself, because everyone else is already taken.

[ 06-07-2006, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: kaibast ]

Ron Swedelson
06-08-2006, 12:11 PM
I'd like to respond to the post above me...this proves XS is in some stores because she said she bought it for $2. That proves my point, and others points that you can find it in a store. It does not sell well, but you can find it in a store.
Secondly, that poor person might have just gotten hit with a massive divorce and after child support and spousal support, is, well, poor. He might have an MBA from Harvard, so he might be able to teach you more than just how to be poor. And that angry person is angry for a reason. Maybe someone did something really stupid around him, and now he is angry. This just happens some times, take it for what it is. Don't try to judge everyone if you can't see the world through their eyes.
That is my zen moment.

NRgizR
06-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Well said Ron.
Here is my zen for the day:
Arguing on this message board is like running in the special olympics...win or loose, at the end of the day your still retarded.. ;)

Ron Swedelson
06-09-2006, 01:43 PM
haha...another great zen like point

kaibast
06-10-2006, 02:37 AM
Actually, I did not get it in a store. I got it from one of those really awful terrible people that Lepke hates so much, but who I couldn't find much wrong with.

From what I am to understand, if you've seen XS in stores, at least lately, it was short lived for a good reason. The company is happily bound by contract to sell only through IBO's and not in a retail environment or off a store shelf. Though they are now shortly becoming available in some health related arenas like health clubs, chiropractic offices, etc. Some overly ambitious IBO's may have gotten someone to stock it, but once discovered and reported, that was put to rest. Something about perserving equal ground for all distributors.

And Ron, you may have taken my point to be a blanket statement, but the message behind it is that you attract to you what you are, not what you want. So if you hang around angry people, you will tend to become angry. For anyone, it's observable if you look at your own life. If you're honest, your close group of friends are probably at about the same place in life as you are. That's fine, just don't expect to learn how to be anything different from one of them.

And let's not pretend that a degree from an ivy league school means someone can teach you anything useful. I've met countless highly educated stupid people. I try not to learn anything from them.

Very good point about the special olympics too NRgizR. I think I just drooled all over.

[ 06-10-2006, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: kaibast ]

Ron Swedelson
06-12-2006, 01:06 PM
I see your points Kaibast, and while I somewhat agree, I still fully do not. My friends know me as being the most honest, law abiding person they know. Yet, I have friends from all different aspects of life...some have felony records, some are great family people, some are drug users, some are heavy drinkers, some have jobs, some don't. I think I am relativly the same.
I have seen distributors pick up the brand. I would think that this IBO thing would check into their sales before they send truck loads off to one person. I have seen it in Walmart, seen it with sales people giving out cans as samples, that actually say "not for resale, inteded for sample only", which means they were specially produced for that reason. I have only seen 1 person in my life ever have a can of XS in his hands. That doesnt mean that the brand should not be made. It doesn't mean you are any more of a person, good or bad, for likeing XS. It just means that I hate seeing the false numbers that XS is the #2 brand being sold when no one ever sees it, no main stream can sell it. And it is only offered through this IBO, were if I asked 10,000 people randomly on a survey, I am preety sure that no one would know what the heck XS IBO is. Thats my main point here...

greg
06-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by ATTAINintl:

I thought this was a democracy!

So, whose going to tell the 1 million IBO's around the WORLD, building their businesses with XS as an optional selling item, that this 'thing' is really an insane MLM that never works?

We can break it down this way... let's just say the million of us only have 5 members and 10 clients each, who purchase only... let's say 2 cases of XS a week (and that's not including any of the other thousands of products that are offered) ...X that by the wholesale price (not the retail cost)...X that by 52 weeks and tell me what you get? Oh, and feel free to Use YOUR bev numbers.

Wow...I guess XS COULD actually be #2 even without all the advertising PROPAGANDA.

Now, please people...play fair!

First off, The United States is a republic, not a democracy!

2nd, I think you proved everyones point about XS being a pyramid scheme by stating that:"let's just say the million of us only have 5 members and 10 clients each, who purchase only... "
Members and Clients are code words used to describe the people under you as well as people under those people.members and Clients are not Retail stores.
The sales may very well be in the millions, but that is to other Members or Clients, Not end user consumers! How many of those cases are sitting in someones garage or basement?

People will play fair when the one they are playing with is dealing in truth.

greg
06-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Found this on Wikpedia:
Quixtar is a multi-level marketing company, founded in 1999 by the families of Richard DeVos and Jay Van Andel. Quixtar is now owned by Alticor, which also owns Amway. While Access Business Group (also owned by Alticor, Inc.) took over the Amway infrastructure in North America, Quixtar still services "Independent Business Owners" (or IBOs) operating in the Amway business model in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean. It completely replaced Amway in 2001 as the marketing venture for products such as Nutrilite dietary supplements, XS Energy Drinks and Artistry cosmetics in those North American regions.

Ask an IBO if he knows or is aware of "Google Bombing"

Heres a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quixtar

This is a story ran by Dateline about Quixstar.It gets really interesting at minute 13 and on the 19th minute. Total run time about 21minutes

[ 06-12-2006, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: greg ]

Ron Swedelson
06-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Good research...hard to dispute that.

-VV-
06-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Here's that Dateline link. An interesting read, to be sure.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4375477/

LuxIsGod
06-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Maybe I missed it, but I have not read one post that says why XS is such a great product. It is an energy drink that supports a healthy lifestyle. All day energy, not just a few hours, and then a crash. The creators of the XS brand were not a Quixtar IBO's, nor did they have any affiliation with Quixtar when they started their company. They knew that the high glycemic lifestyle is not the best, (i.e. large amounts of processed sugar), and they wanted to create an energy drink that would not give an energy crash several hours later. Most energy drinks are just massive amounts of caffeine and sugar. You could not drink several of them a day and have no adverse affects. With XS there is no "crash." The energy comes from B vitamins and a Proprietary Herb Blend. Many parents prefer that their kids drink XS instead of soft drinks because the children don't become hyperactive.

Here is a link to a picture that will explain the lack of unhealthy ingredients in XS. All of the XS drinks combined, now there are 10, have a total of zero grams of sugar. http://www.xsgear.com/nation/images/Nation349.jpg

When XS says it is the #2 selling energy drink in America, asking the manufacturers of the aluminum cans can prove this. There is only one company that makes the skinny energy drink cans. The XS Company could say, "We are the #1 selling energy drink made in North America," but they believe that is a sneaky way of putting it.

As for Ron Swedelson's 2-14-2006 posting, you could not have seen it in a Wal-Mart, because Wal-Mart does not sell XS. It is only available from IBO's through the Quixtar site. And in response to his 11-15-2005 posting, XS and Quixtar believe in quality and health above just making money. The money normally used by a company for advertising, approximately 1/3 of their gross income, is given back to the IBO's.

You can look at the FAQ's on the official XS site at this URL. http://www.xsgear.com/support/faqs.asp

the saint
06-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by LuxIsGod:
Maybe I missed it, but I have not read one post that says why XS is such a great product. It is an energy drink that supports a healthy lifestyle. All day energy, not just a few hours, and then a crash. The creators of the XS brand were not a Quixtar IBO's, nor did they have any affiliation with Quixtar when they started their company. They knew that the high glycemic lifestyle is not the best, (i.e. large amounts of processed sugar), and they wanted to create an energy drink that would not give an energy crash several hours later. Most energy drinks are just massive amounts of caffeine and sugar. You could not drink several of them a day and have no adverse affects. With XS there is no "crash." The energy comes from B vitamins and a Proprietary Herb Blend. Many parents prefer that their kids drink XS instead of soft drinks because the children don't become hyperactive.

Here is a link to a picture that will explain the lack of unhealthy ingredients in XS. All of the XS drinks combined, now there are 10, have a total of zero grams of sugar. http://www.xsgear.com/nation/images/Nation349.jpg

When XS says it is the #2 selling energy drink in America, asking the manufacturers of the aluminum cans can prove this. There is only one company that makes the skinny energy drink cans. The XS Company could say, "We are the #1 selling energy drink made in North America," but they believe that is a sneaky way of putting it.

As for Ron Swedelson's 2-14-2006 posting, you could not have seen it in a Wal-Mart, because Wal-Mart does not sell XS. It is only available from IBO's through the Quixtar site. And in response to his 11-15-2005 posting, XS and Quixtar believe in quality and health above just making money. The money normally used by a company for advertising, approximately 1/3 of their gross income, is given back to the IBO's.

You can look at the FAQ's on the official XS site at this URL. http://www.xsgear.com/support/faqs.asp never mind

Lepke
06-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by the saint:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by LuxIsGod:

You can look at the FAQ's on the official XS site at this URL. http://www.xsgear.com/support/faqs.asp never mind </font>[/QUOTE]never mind

greg
06-16-2006, 03:22 PM
[ 06-16-2006, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: greg ]

OSU
06-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by JP QuikServ Drinks:
i recently recieved this email from somebody...

I saw your post on the bevnet site about wanting to sell energy drinks in your vending machines. Have you tried the XS energy drinks available exclusively from Quixtar.com? I've tried them all and they are very good. Currently, XS is 2nd behind Red Bull in sales and is only available from independent business owners. Check out the website below for more information. If you want some samples, I'll send you some. Also, Quixtar paid out 60 million dollars in the past 2 years with just this drink product. You might want to try it.

Sincerely,
Marsha & James Bujnoch

is this website a crock or is this legitimate?

OSU
06-17-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure where you got your info on XS sales "2nd behind Red Bull" LMAO
Now I don tknow everything however I do get monthly subscriptions to various "trade Mags" of the best being "Convenience store decision"
always alot of good info.. the way I read it was they got their #'s from a tally of various nationwide Food & Beverage retailers, The order I saw was as is...
Red Bull,Monster,Rockstar,SOBE,Nitro2Go
Who knows ? I assume what I read was fact, ?? maybe not ?

Ron Swedelson
06-17-2006, 05:51 PM
I love how people believe that XS is so great. So now i am being told I did not see it in Walmart, and I did not see it in stores, I do not see empty suction cup racks in stores, and I did not work with a Northern California Dist. who sold the product...oh...ok...your right, I must have made a bad visit to the Total Recall labs and had a bad memory implanted. Hold on, let me take this pill that the doctor is asking me to take so I can wake up from this nightmare.
You have to love a company that says "We are not interested in profits" Yeah, that is a beleaveable quote. Oh....so now they are the #2 company that gets their cans from this manufacturer. I can believe that. Granted, there are more than just one company who produces these cans. I know Red Bull has this all done over seas, many companies here in the U.S. use different manufactuers. So ok, I am fine with #2 energy drink from this aluminum can manufactuer.

LuxIsGod
06-18-2006, 02:10 PM
I love how people believe that XS is so great. So now i am being told I did not see it in Walmart, and I did not see it in stores, I do not see empty suction cup racks in stores, and I did not work with a Northern California Dist. who sold the product...oh...ok...your right, I must have made a bad visit to the Total Recall labs and had a bad memory implanted. Hold on, let me take this pill that the doctor is asking me to take so I can wake up from this nightmare.
You have to love a company that says "We are not interested in profits" Yeah, that is a beleaveable quote. Oh....so now they are the #2 company that gets their cans from this manufacturer. I can believe that. Granted, there are more than just one company who produces these cans. I know Red Bull has this all done over seas, many companies here in the U.S. use different manufactuers. So ok, I am fine with #2 energy drink from this aluminum can manufactuer. Obviously Ron did not bother to completely read my posting. If he had, he would have understood that XS is the #1 buyer of the skinny energy drink cans from the manufacturer and there is only one company that produces these cans. I did not say that the XS and Quixtar companies are not interested in profits, I said, "XS and Quixtar believe in quality and health above just making money." With most energy drinks you might just as well have a handful of caffeine pills and sugar cubes.

The reason you are seeing empty suction cup racks is that, once Quixtar learns about an IBO selling an exclusive product, i.e. XS, in a retail establishment, they pull the product from that store, and probably discipline the IBO. Also, they might be from when XS was started, it was not associated with Quixtar at that time. I wonder what your opinion of it would be if it were not sold by Quixtar.

Did you see either of my links?

[ 06-28-2006, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: LuxIsGod ]

LuxIsGod
06-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by OSU:
I'm not sure where you got your info on XS sales "2nd behind Red Bull" LMAO
Now I don tknow everything however I do get monthly subscriptions to various "trade Mags" of the best being "Convenience store decision"
always alot of good info.. the way I read it was they got their #'s from a tally of various nationwide Food & Beverage retailers, The order I saw was as is...
Red Bull,Monster,Rockstar,SOBE,Nitro2Go
Who knows ? I assume what I read was fact, ?? maybe not ? I am sure that the magazines you read have their facts straight. The problem is their facts have a limited scope of view and do not include XS because it is not sold in retail establishments. Think about it this way, if "Convenience Store Decision" had a list of the top supplement brands sold in convenience stores, GNC would not be on that list, no matter how long that list is, (top 10, top 100, etc.), this does not mean that GNC does not sell a lot of supplements, it just means that the list was unintentionally exclusionary. If you want a true accounting of the number of cans sold in North America, call/email each company and find out.

Ron Swedelson
06-19-2006, 12:47 PM
I read your article...I enjoy reading thoes types of things. I like how everytime someone gets pressed about XS's true sales numbers, the story changes as to why they are the #2 selling Energy Drink. I appreciate the fact that can finally agree that XS might be in the retail, be it through IBO or not. The problem with that, and maybe even when XS started, is that I still see cans out there, years past product experation date. That is why I have a problem with XS, I have no idea what Quixtar does, nor have I ever heard of them before this post was started. I just see the XS product sit there in stores, I have only seen 1 person EVER with a can of XS, and nobody I have ever talked to (outside the bev. bus.) has ever even heard of XS, yet its defenders claim it is the #2 selling energy drink, that is were my problem lies with XS.

greg
06-20-2006, 03:53 PM
To Any Quixtar IBO out there:
If the sole purpose of Quixtar is to increase your net worth and quality of life then why will they not allow an IBO to go outside the network to sell XS Energy drinks? It only makes since to increase volume in as many places as possible to increase profits. I think either Quixtar has something to hide or is not really being up front and truthful to its IBO's

Kyle
06-21-2006, 07:30 PM
if you think all we do is market to "in network" people then you have no clue to what it is that we do. And we have about 2 million other products besides XS.

Mr Zabe
06-21-2006, 07:54 PM
if you think all we do is market to "in network" people then you have no clue to what it is that we do. And we have about 2 million other products besides XS.
Ok....Clue us in on these other products. Do you mean you have an inventory of over 2 million products or that you have over 2 million different products?

Could you post a link to show a list of your product catagories? Thanks smile.gif

[ 06-21-2006, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

-VV-
06-22-2006, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> if you think all we do is market to "in network" people then you have no clue to what it is that we do. And we have about 2 million other products besides XS.
Ok....Clue us in on these other products. Do you mean you have an inventory of over 2 million products or that you have over 2 million different products?

Could you post a link to show a list of your product catagories? Thanks smile.gif </font>[/QUOTE]Just Google: Amway.

greg
06-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Kyle:
if you think all we do is market to "in network" people then you have no clue to what it is that we do. And we have about 2 million other products besides XS. Perhaps I didn't word it correctlly. What I mean was why does Quixstar restrict your sales to end users only? How come you can not sell your drink to Retail outlets?
As for this conversation your other 2mm products we're not concerned with. It is your energy drink that claims to be #2 in sales that we are trying to wrap our heads around.

Jeff Smith
06-26-2006, 03:35 AM
After reading quite a few of the reponses of the XS drinks along with the business opportunity behind it, one finally get to the point where they've had enough negative and downright mouthing from people that're judgemental & uninformed.

Thats prety much all I'm reading.
For those that have never looked at the Quixtar business from the inside out, spoken to or heard from XS reps at functions, or from the key leaders of our business, you really in all candor don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. All the sales information thats been provided, mostly by IBO's is totally accurate concerning XS. It's very, very close to surpassing Red Bull in the USA sales. Give it another roughly 5 years, and it's a matter of time before they surpass them globally.
There's a REASON why Red Bull has not come out with a sugar free drink until 2 years ago. Wonder why?
As for the pyramid scheme??
Take a look at your corporate structure of any company, thats where it's derived from. The differences is that I don't have to compete with tons of others for a position, I can create my own opportunity by simply sharing great products of great companies for expotential growth.

This message isn't about defending XS or Quixtar, which it does. It's about posting a message about the truth, and standing on it.
There's no perfect business anywhere, including corporate america, for one reason. There's always people in it. And there are people that don't want to play by rules of ethics & morals. When you have a sports player on your favorite team that winds up a bad apple or influence, I'm very sure you don't stop rooting for your team. Eventually you get rid of the player, or he decided to go elsewhere anyway.
BTW, I'm a huge Cowboys fan, and I'm eager to see if the mouthy T.O. behaves himself. I have a remedy for his attitude & behaviorial adjustments if he winds up needing one. He's called Bill Parcells. Whom do you think is more of a handful, Owens or Lawrence Taylor?
Many times, it's easy to bad mouth an opportunity when you look at it from the outside in and use other people's excuses for why an opportunity didn't work. ANY EXCUSE will work for quitting!!!

But just don't say that this opportunity & XS aren't worthwhile unless you're prepared to hear some unexpected truth from those that've not only looked inside from outside, but now also see outside from inside.
Now where's my cranbery-grape.....
ewultd@triad.rr.com

Ron Swedelson
06-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Let's see what the best, most sophisticated way to say this...."WHAAAAHHHAAAAHHHHHAAAAHHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Almost ready to surpase Red Bull? I think XS is #2 in the homes of people who buy XS from their IBO friends, and even with that, XS is still loosing out. I guarantee, if XS was close to Red Bull, XS would have been bought out by Coke or Pepsi or someone. If a brand, who has virtually no retail development for their brand (other than the old cans you still see sitting in stores) is selling better than RockStar and Monster combined, someone would jump on this brand, and start to develop the retail business. That would give it #1 status by far. Quixtar or anyone affiliated there, would not be able to resist putting XS in the retail and cash in on millions of dollars in sales. Over the past two months, a local Red Bull distributor here in the Bay Area has sold over 100,000 cases. I would bet XS can not even beat thoes numbers in a year. I have met an XS rep. before. Healthier concept for an energy drink with vitamins to give the energy rather than just caffiene and sugar.
I wonder if people can get banned from this board for spreading lies such as being #2 to Red Bull.

Coco Rico
06-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Ron,

I have to agree. This crock has been going on for quite some time now and I'm done with it. Red Bull sold 1 billion (yes that's billion with a "b") cans in the US alone last year. A brand with almost no retail presence is close to passing that??? Come on.

Also, they're the #1 purchaser of skinny aluminum cans? So if I call Rexam, the company that produces Red Bull's cans (who incidentally just created a new facility in Europe just for Red Bull) I can ask them about XS and they would corroborate with the statements made by the XS reps? All I do know is that I went on the Rexam website (www.rexam.com) and they have a ton of news about Red Bull and various other energy brands they create cans for, but after a search for XS on their site, I found nothing... I find it hard to believe that their #1 purchaser of slim line energy cans (as you claim XS is) doesn't even get a mention...

CR

-VV-
06-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Jeff Smith:

Thats prety much all I'm reading.
For those that have never looked at the Quixtar business from the inside out, spoken to or heard from XS reps at functions, or from the key leaders of our business, you really in all candor don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. All the sales information thats been provided, mostly by IBO's is totally accurate concerning XS. It's very, very close to surpassing Red Bull in the USA sales. Give it another roughly 5 years, and it's a matter of time before they surpass them globally.
Wow, that sure is alot of gullible people.

smile.gif

Friend, with all due respect, the "leaders of your company" are frauds who prey upon your gullibility. How much money have you dropped on "tools" since becoming an IBO?

If it's any consolation, it's not just you. I have been to MANY business conferences where it was explicity stated that Alticor or any of it's afffiliate companies' representatives were not welcome, and in some cases were promptly escorted off the premises when they were exposed. Why is that do you think? Surely it isn't some vast conspiracy to hold down the entrepreneurial spirit. I think it has more to do with the fact that IBO's have a tendency to oversell, and to misrepresent what it is they do. Or rather, to embellish.

Just a brief example to highlight my point. I know a woman on the East Coast who has many years of upper level retail management experience. One of her customers was hinting at his business, and so she obliged him with a question about it. He stated that he owned a company which provided services for several major companies (among them several Fortune 500 companies) with an online sales presence to help them increase their internet-based sales. She found that to be pretty interesting. And the conversation dissolved after a few more exchanges. A month later, she received a call at work from the guy stating that he and his wife had discussed it and really thought that she could be an asset to his company, and would she entertain an "interview". She thanked him for his consideration and agreed to meet to discuss it.

She drove an hour to the agreed upon location (a public restaurant, for obvious safety reasons), and she walked in and sat down. She said the minute he started fumbling around in his bag, she knew what was up, she asked if he was affiliated with Alticor, to which he begrudgingly responded, "Yes", which was quickly followed up with "But, I own my own company." She then proceeded to basically tear him down for completely misrepresenting what it is he did. After thanking him for wasting a good deal of her time, and asking him not to contact her again, she left.

She wasn't really as mad at those IBOs as she was at herself for not seeing it coming. She's a professional, educated woman, and could generally spot them a mile away, but this guy had it down. And she kicked herself for days for not seeing it.

That is the future of the IBO. Finding clever ways to hide and/or embellish what it is you do, to sugarcoat the reality so that you can convince others that they somehow would benefit from an unrealistic business model that (like most pyramid-like schemes) benefits only a very small few at the top of the chain. Not making it rich, well something must be wrong, buy our tapes or seminars.

Hey, but I wish you luck nonetheless. You're going to need it.

[ 07-13-2006, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: -VV- ]

Ron Swedelson
06-26-2006, 05:46 PM
This is too funny...that name Quixtar just clicked in. I went to the web site, and it all makes sence now. Back in 1999 when the company launched, I was invited to one of their meetings. As typical with this type of pyramid scheem, one of the deli's I called on with my beverage route, the owner told me about this meeting she was invited to for a new company that was guaranteed to bring in good profits. I was then told to bring a friend. So my buddy and I went to this meeting. I can't even remember what they told us, but after watching this video, so many people had a look of amazment on their face. I still did not get this, I knew something was not legit, but exactly what, did not click in. Untill I heard thoes non-mistakable words "Tonight, or our next meeting, if you can bring your checkbook, we can start your partnership with Quixtar when it launches next month!" Needles to say, I did not go to another meeting. The guy who ran the meeting kept calling me, I told him I was not interested, but he kept calling untill I was able to give him a referal. So I passed him off to my father, who was a cop. Funny, we never heard from him again. For a while, the deli owner would ask why I didnt join, and that I was missing out on something big. This went on for some weeks untill after the company launched. You know, I never heard her once say that things were going good with the company and that I was missing out anything. She probably wished she followed my lead and cut ties with that company.

Jeff Smith
06-26-2006, 06:11 PM
I really, really appreciate you sharing an excellent example of the type "strategies" used by people in Quixtar that should not be done. But that is unfortunately how many strategies work in any type business. It DOESN'T have to be that way.
The objective with these postings is to simply be dogmatic in a very negative fashion with this type opportunity, period.
When this very same type "strategy" is used all over too often.
It's called the truth. But the greater picture here is those that insist on having their negative approach are the same ones that have had a job all their life, usually been broke all their life, and either aren't aware of or don't want to think outside the "job/broke mentality" box their in to see their views are ridiculous.

Even if one doesn't have any desire to be involved as an IBO with Quixtar, you'd still have a very narrow minded approach towards another business opportunity.
I have real pitty and feel very sorry for those individuals. For everyone has a dream of somekind thats inside waiting to spring out.
It's up to each person to be find out that talent & dream thas meant for them alone, be accountable to themselves, and in the process of growing & stretching during that dream process, greatly benefit & bless all those involved.

Have a great day
Jeff

Jeff Smith
06-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Oh, one last posting. I do find it incredibly strange if not totally contradictory that nearly everyone that post messages about XS Energy drink says something very negative about it.

YET.......the reviews posted by Bev Board say nothing but great things about 6 out of 7 flavors.
It appears that there are few objective reviews & messages posted on here......!!!
Jeff

Mr Zabe
06-26-2006, 08:24 PM
ROTFL! tongue.gif

Begging to us will not change our minds about your scam of a pyramid. LOLOLOLOL

Ron Swedelson
06-27-2006, 12:05 PM
I don't think anyone has said if they think XS tastes good or not...its all about the great little scam it is apart of.

LuxIsGod
06-28-2006, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Coco Rico:
Ron,

I have to agree. This crock has been going on for quite some time now and I'm done with it. Red Bull sold 1 billion (yes that's billion with a "b") cans in the US alone last year. A brand with almost no retail presence is close to passing that??? Come on.

Also, they're the #1 purchaser of skinny aluminum cans? So if I call Rexam, the company that produces Red Bull's cans (who incidentally just created a new facility in Europe just for Red Bull) I can ask them about XS and they would corroborate with the statements made by the XS reps? All I do know is that I went on the Rexam website (www.rexam.com) and they have a ton of news about Red Bull and various other energy brands they create cans for, but after a search for XS on their site, I found nothing... I find it hard to believe that their #1 purchaser of slim line energy cans (as you claim XS is) doesn't even get a mention...

CR XS is the number one buyer of the skinny energy drink cans in North America. I'm sorry that I did not make this clearer.

Red Bull sells 1 Billion cans worldwide, not just in the U.S. It manufactures Red Bull in Europe, not the U.S. Also, it had a fifteen year head start on XS.

LuxIsGod
06-28-2006, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by greg:
Found this on Wikpedia:
Quixtar is a multi-level marketing company, founded in 1999 by the families of Richard DeVos and Jay Van Andel. Quixtar is now owned by Alticor, which also owns Amway. While Access Business Group (also owned by Alticor, Inc.) took over the Amway infrastructure in North America, Quixtar still services "Independent Business Owners" (or IBOs) operating in the Amway business model in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean. It completely replaced Amway in 2001 as the marketing venture for products such as Nutrilite dietary supplements, XS Energy Drinks and Artistry cosmetics in those North American regions.

Ask an IBO if he knows or is aware of "Google Bombing"

Heres a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quixtar

This is a story ran by Dateline about Quixstar.It gets really interesting at minute 13 and on the 19th minute. Total run time about 21minutes The report was done by the same network that placed explosives in trucks, ran other vehicles into them, then filmed the explosions. They were found guilty in court and had to pay huge fines. Research is only as good as the integrity of those doing the research.

[ 06-28-2006, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: LuxIsGod ]

LuxIsGod
06-28-2006, 03:19 AM
Let's see what the best, most sophisticated way to say this...."WHAAAAHHHAAAAHHHHHAAAAHHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Almost ready to surpase Red Bull? I think XS is #2 in the homes of people who buy XS from their IBO friends, and even with that, XS is still loosing out. I guarantee, if XS was close to Red Bull, XS would have been bought out by Coke or Pepsi or someone. If a brand, who has virtually no retail development for their brand (other than the old cans you still see sitting in stores) is selling better than RockStar and Monster combined, someone would jump on this brand, and start to develop the retail business. That would give it #1 status by far. Quixtar or anyone affiliated there, would not be able to resist putting XS in the retail and cash in on millions of dollars in sales. Over the past two months, a local Red Bull distributor here in the Bay Area has sold over 100,000 cases. I would bet XS can not even beat thoes numbers in a year. I have met an XS rep. before. Healthier concept for an energy drink with vitamins to give the energy rather than just caffiene and sugar.
I wonder if people can get banned from this board for spreading lies such as being #2 to Red Bull. I don't know if Coke, Pepsi, or any other manufacturer has tried to acquire the XS brand. If they did buy the company, it would require a massive marketing campaign. It costs approximately $90 million to launch a new product into the retail market. The XS Company decided to give this to the IBO's rather than spend it on advertising. If a corporation buys the XS company and takes XS into the regular retail stores, they would have to educate the entire public on the reasons XS is a better and healthier choice than any other energy drink. XS is not a publicly held company, so it cannot be bought out or controlled as easily as some others might be.

I repeat two of my previous postings when I say, "XS and Quixtar believe in quality and health above just making money." Please note the JUST. The entire energy drink market might end up being just a temporary fad, (I hope it won't), but XS is definitely here to stay. The people who drink it are not just following an advertising campaign, (Red Bull spends more on advertising in the U.S. and the world than any other energy drink manufacturer).

You keep saying you see cans of XS sitting on store shelves long past their expiration date. Why have you not reported this to the proper authorities? Any retailer trying to sell out of date food should be reported to the FDA as soon as possible. Also, what are the flavors of XS you see?

You have said you work(ed?) in the soft drink, energy drink business. Are you angry with XS because it is extremely successful and does not adhere to the normal path of retailing? Is it because XS is taking away your customers? You keep saying that the marketing XS uses is a scheme, (which you always misspell), or a pyramid. The U.S. government would not allow an illegal pyramid or scheme to do $100 million in sales and not do anything about it.

[ 06-28-2006, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: LuxIsGod ]

Coco Rico
06-28-2006, 04:45 AM
Actually, I think I made myself pretty clear. Red Bull sold 1 billion cans in the United States of America last year alone... Globally it was closer to 2 billion cans last year. These are numbers that can readily be verified from a number of legitimate sources.

You stated there was only 1 manufacturer for the skinny cans, which is not true. However, Rexam is the manufacturer Red Bull uses, and there is no mention in their portfolio about your product. So who exactly produces your cans? If you were to give me that, I could very quickly verify if what you say is correct.

Now you are back-pedaling. You said you are #2 with absolutely no numbers or credible sources. You claim XS has had $100 million in sales? When? How do you track that?

How does being a courier in Evansville in any way make you an expert in the energy drink business?

CR

fusion
06-28-2006, 10:04 AM
He must have visited everyone's garages on his courier route and added up the cost of all the XS he saw.

heh.

And if XS is going to be a legitimate player in the energy market, why are they holding onto the thimble can? The standard is now the 16oz.

greg
06-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Lux is God wrote:
I don't know if Coke, Pepsi, or any other manufacturer has tried to acquire the XS brand. If they did buy the company, it would require a massive marketing campaign. It costs approximately $90 million to launch a new product into the retail market. The XS Company decided to give this to the IBO's rather than spend it on advertising. If a corporation buys the XS company and takes XS into the regular retail stores, they would have to educate the entire public on the reasons XS is a better and healthier choice than any other energy drink. XS is not a publicly held company, so it cannot be bought out or controlled as easily as some others might be.

If XS is the number 2 energy drink out there then why would the public need to be educated about it? It seems the market would be built in and probably excited that they could just go down to the local store and buy it.

I will take you to task on the $90mm to take a drink Mass Market. Perhaps if you are Coke or Pepsi you would spend that much but I know of several people on this board that have spent 1/100th of that amount and have thier drink nationaly, albeit, not in every major account but in every state.
My compnay is one of those such people.

Kyle
06-28-2006, 03:31 PM
IBO solicitations not allowed. User banned.

[ 06-28-2006, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: BevNET ]

greg
06-28-2006, 04:55 PM
I went to every one of those sites and they are sites made up by Quixstar for use by their IBO's. On everyone the "Terms of Use" sections indicated that any information you provide when ordering can be used in a marketing manner. (of course I paraphrase). Quixstar has the right to contact you about anything they wish. There is even a section at the top of each page to learn how to become an IBO.
For the ones you must be given access to your information will definetly be used to get you to become an IBO.

I did not see the "# 2" selling energy drink anywhere on these sites.

Kyle
06-28-2006, 05:26 PM
IBO solicitations not allowed. User banned.

[ 06-28-2006, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: BevNET ]

Ron Swedelson
06-28-2006, 06:35 PM
It is not my responsibility to let the FDA know if a store has out of date product. I always let the store know they have something taking up space that is out of date. When the store only has a little bit, I have traded the out of date product out for my own. But there have been sometimes when they have a few cases still left, and hoping to sell them off since they bought them on a buy 3 get 2 free deal. Flavors, I am not sure...I believe it is the yellow can, pinkish red can, and I want to say a purple can. Don't feel like you have to defend your self to me for being in a scam. Im not the one paying out money to this company.
There are more than one company who makes thoes cans, so I am happy that XS is the #2 buyer of cans from another can manufactuer. Good for you guys.

LuxIsGod
06-29-2006, 02:04 PM
It is not my responsibility to let the FDA know if a store has out of date product. I always let the store know they have something taking up space that is out of date. When the store only has a little bit, I have traded the out of date product out for my own. But there have been sometimes when they have a few cases still left, and hoping to sell them off since they bought them on a buy 3 get 2 free deal. Flavors, I am not sure...I believe it is the yellow can, pinkish red can, and I want to say a purple can. Don't feel like you have to defend your self to me for being in a scam. Im not the one paying out money to this company.
There are more than one company who makes thoes cans, so I am happy that XS is the #2 buyer of cans from another can manufactuer. Good for you guys. It is your responsibility as a human being. What if a child walks in and buys one? Have you no soul?

P.S. Learn how to spell.

Ron Swedelson
07-01-2006, 03:20 AM
No, once again its not my responsibility. First off, there is nothing toxic in your drink...which you should know...second off, this is something the store needs to be responsible for, not me...thirdly, y dos mi speling bothr u sew mch? I've said it before, and Ill say it again...Im on here to get imput, new info, and hear ideas and though...and I give the same back on my posts...I dont copy and paste my posts onto MS Word, spell check, and then recopy and paste on here. I really don't feel like wasting that much time, nor is this graded...so I dont care all that much...enjoy the rest of my mispellings...there will be a lot.

Scott Beinlich
07-04-2006, 02:37 AM
Ok. I have read this discussion for a month now, and I need to clear up some things, and make some facts known. I am an IBO as well, but I will not ask you to join the business or even look into it, as I do not need to beg anyone to get in, nor will I advertise. I have done alot of research into the information and all the drama that this business so I have what I believe are the correct answers.

1) To the other IBOS: Save your breath, stop wasting your time arguing with people over numbers, facts and figures. Use that energy to build your business and get free.

Now to everyone else, and to clear some rumors up/get some facts straight.

A) Quixtar is a privately held company, unlike the Pepsis, Cokes, and other beverage companies. That means that there are no stockholders to please, hence why numbers are never posted as they really have no reason to. Do I agree with it? Yes and no. Yes because they do tell the IBO's information, like what Quixtar did in sales overall for each year(Based on XS and other products), and no because I think if they actually came out with the numbers, alot of naysayers would be surprised.

B) Bo Short, the man in the Dateline clip that someone so elegantly put on here, issue is not totally with Quixtar(5%) but with the educational system(95%) he came in under. Quixtar approves the educational systems to build the business, but does not control them. Bo Short was upset, as he was only recieving 2 dollars from each 8-10 dollar CD flowing through his business. He felt that he should be recieving more than that, and it should be 50/50. He went to Quixtar to complain, and they refused to do anything because again, they do not control the educational systems, nor is it Mandatory to sign up with the educational systems(books, tapes, CD, conferences.) My opinion is that these educational systems really dont have to share their profits at all if they dont want to, but the fact they share some, is still better than nothing. The Educational systems still have an overhead of people making the tapes, CD's, etc.

C)The owners of XS Energy drink have come out to the IBO's and say that 1 million cans(12 cans in a case-83,333 cases)a week are sold through Quixtar. That would break to 52 million cans(4,333,334 cases a year). Average wholesale price for a case is around $21.40 which would make sales a year to be $92,733,334 in sales. Have I seen these numbers in print? No. Do I believe them? Somewhat. Does it really matter to me? No, because I still buy them and I still have customers buy them and I still make money.

D) Unlike the old Amway Business model of "Buy Alot and Let it Rot", that is not the case anymore. People (At least the ones I am in business with) buy what their monthly use is, and only that. If we give a can as a sample, and someone likes it, sometimes we will sell one of our cases we have for personal use, and order one to replace it, or wait until next month, or we order it for the customer. I have never seen a stack of any of our products in anyones basement, garage or anywhere else unlike the stories I have heard from the old days of Amway.

E) XS originally was sold to retail locations in California(Where the company XS originated), while they talked to Costco and Quixtar. The owners of XS took a chance with Quixtar first and never have had to look back. Anytime the owners of XS Energy Drinks speak and I've been there, they talk about how we helped explode them into the market. We are not allowed to sell cans to retail locations to sell in the cans, HOWEVER, we are now allowed(since last year) to sell to bars, restaurants, health clubs, and then they can use them for mixed drinks, and smoothies(And we have our own recipes as well). Any IBO that sees an XS Energy drink for sale in our area, reports it, and it is investigated and that IBO is usually warned, and disciplined. Quixtar is not against marketing them retail, just there is certain boundaries(Much like you dont put Pepsi Bottles in the Coke Case.)

F) Under the rules of a Pyramid Scheme(http://www.dsa.org/aboutselling/consumer/index.cfm?fuseaction=pyramid) we would not fit in that as we do not profit from people becoming IBO's. What we do profit off of is the sales that flow through our business. If I bring in Joe Smith, and I help him make 2,700/month, and I do nothing to build my own business...I make...NOTHING. In a pyramid Scheme, I would make money for sitting on my butt.

G) This business is not for everyone, and everyone is not for this business. I totally understand that, and at least with the educational system I chose to be a part of, am taught we dont need to convince or force anyone to get in.

H)If what Quixtar was doing was so illegal, and wrong, why is Circuit City, Barnes and Noble, Bass Pro Shops, Shop.com, and other companies hooked up with us? Wouldn't their lawyers check us out from top to bottom and at even the smallest hint of fraud, or deception, would drop us like a hot potato? Plus, why would the BBB give us their reliability Seal(http://www.bbbonline.org/cks.asp?id=102102811384627218) and be able to pull up info on us on Dun And Bradstreet?

Again...I am not posting any of this to convince people to join, or look at this business. We all have the freedom to do as we wish. For us doing the business, all we want is the freedom to do what we do, while you do what you all do. That my friends is what freedom is all about.

Scott Beinlich
07-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by fusion:
He must have visited everyone's garages on his courier route and added up the cost of all the XS he saw.

heh.

And if XS is going to be a legitimate player in the energy market, why are they holding onto the thimble can? The standard is now the 16oz. Simple answer...cuz the amount in the little can works in giving energy.

Complex answer...Red Bull the leader is still in the small cans. I have a feeling if they change then we would follow.

Oh...one thing I didnt put in the previous post...Our cans are made by Ball, the same company who does the cans for Coke.

Ron Swedelson
07-05-2006, 12:17 PM
I think that was a pretty good posts. As far as what XS says about their sales, I think you should be skeptical. I have worked with numerous energy drinks, and they all sway their numbers to sound better or closer to Red Bull. Red Devil said they were the #2 drink to Red Bull, then when prodded for more data, they said they were the #2 drink to Red Bull in Europe, then down to a few counties. Hansens said they were #2 to Red Bull, but no real numbers to back it up. Shark, is the original energy drink, and the company that Red Bull bought their recipie from, they have their own claims to numbers...I could go on, but you get my point. XS might have had a big back order, and could not get supplies for a while, and finally ordered a huge shipment or cans or production. They decided to use that figure, fudge it a little, and say that is their weekly figure. This is my opinion though. But mainly based because I have only seen 1 person, ever, have a can of XS for consumption. I see companies who have 1/15th of the sales you say XS claims, and have seen many people with their product in hand.
As for knowing the deal with California, thank you. I would like to once again show that I was right and that it was sold here in CA, when no other IBO/XS lover would admit that and said I was wrong...so thank you there for again proving me right.
Getting into the Quixtar deal seemed like a scam to me from the meeting I went to. As far as other companies being a part of it, that does not really claim much about being partial scam or not. Besides selling products to Barnes and Nobles and other companies, they do not do a lot of checking in to companies they do busines with. They are concerned with the product they carry, the price they get it, can they keep it in stock, and that is pretty much it. They do not worry about sending lawyers to each vendor and making sure there is no ENRON going on.

Bluewonder
07-10-2006, 05:52 PM
ok so I don't know about the claim for #2 whether it be true or not however...

quixtar.com is in the top 5 for earnings on the internet.

their are litterally millions of people registered as an IBO with them. The one product 99% of them are told to try is xs energy drinks and I have yet to meet a single IBO that doesn't drink at least 2-3 of them a day and that doesn't even include the amount each of their family members drinks on a daily basis.

millions of people X 2-3 drinks per day = a high possibility for #2 in energy drink sales

now when you got past that a little you have to relize that not only are they drinking these drinks and their families too but they sell them. I personally sell 15-20 cases a month of these drinks to people not involved with the business. ALSO I have a website up on the internet that enables people to order them

this makes it very likely they are at least top 5

this being said if you want to know how you can cash in on this great deal message me and I can hook you up =D.

Scott Beinlich
07-11-2006, 05:37 AM
Bluewonder- You are not allowed to advertise your business on here, and will probably be banned before you see this.

To Ron: I was just at one of the conferences and heard directly from someone in Quixtar that there is ALOT of positive changes coming.
1) They are going to respond to all the internet bloggers, and mistruths put out over the internet.
2) They will be putting commericials on TV now about the Quixtar opportunity.(Assuming NBC will pass, if not then theyre hyprocrites.)
3) They will be taking care of people talking out their ***** in the business, and will be fixing what is wrong with Quixtar.

Like I said...We are not perfect, and to be honest people bad mouth Quixtar alot, but noone has badmouthed them and then presented another option of not working for the rest of my life.

So until then, I will be sticking with Quixtar, XS Energy Drink, and working towards my freedom.(And no this is not an advertisement.)

[ 07-11-2006, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: Scott Beinlich ]

Scott Beinlich
07-11-2006, 06:19 AM
Oh...forgot this:

Ron: I would sure hope that Barnes and Noble would double check all their business dealings, as I sure wouldn't do business so haphazardly.

This is legit...IF IF IF IF IF you put the work into it. If someone is looking for get rich quick, this isn't it(And noone has ever said it was.)

Ron Swedelson
07-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Scott, as far as vendor relations go, I got to tell you Barnes and Nobles, Albertsons, Costco, Walmart, Longs Drugs Stores, Borders, you name it, they are not concerned with your own dealings. Even 7-Eleven, they will buy products form people on the street if it seems like something they can sell. The difference is the connection. Do they have a relationship past just buying and selling. If no, then no matter what a company does, it would not effect the other legaly. Look at Enron, people doing busines with them were not on the hook legaly. I understand what you are saying or thinking, but these busines are in the busines of selling and making money. If they spent legal fees on each on of their vendors to ensure that all aspects of what they did were legal and legit, they would be out of busines due to overhead costs of the legal department. Keep up with the business, a few million cans of XS a year doesnt add up to the billion cans of Red Bull, but nothing does either. I have nothing against your busines or you. I felt Quixtar was a scam when they confronted me, and I dont like to hear companies claim high ranking status with out any proof.

greg
07-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Scott Beinlich:
Oh...forgot this:

This is legit...IF IF IF IF IF you put the work into it. If someone is looking for get rich quick, this isn't it(And noone has ever said it was.) That sounds alot like my job! I can gain financial independence IF, IF, IF, IF, I work really hard at my job and sell,sell, sell, sell! I will get paid great commissions and I will be able to retire also. Of course, Just like an IBO, it is not a get rich quick scheme. It will take me 20-30 years to do this just like an IBO.

greg
07-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Bluewonder:
ok so I don't know about the claim for #2 whether it be true or not however...

their are litterally millions of people registered as an IBO with them. The one product 99% of them are told to try is xs energy drinks and I have yet to meet a single IBO that doesn't drink at least 2-3 of them a day and that doesn't even include the amount each of their family members drinks on a daily basis.

millions of people X 2-3 drinks per day = a high possibility for #2 in energy drink sales

now when you got past that a little you have to relize that not only are they drinking these drinks and their families too but they sell them. I personally sell 15-20 cases a month of these drinks to people not involved with the business. ALSO I have a website up on the internet that enables people to order them

this makes it very likely they are at least top 5

this being said if you want to know how you can cash in on this great deal message me and I can hook you up =D. How come these Quixtar people always include "personal consumption" into the equation? That is not a sale, that is profit erosion.
If you want to learn how to run a real business you can contact me at...............

Kyle
07-11-2006, 05:06 PM
so what you are saying is if I sell Red bull, I buy it myself that doesn't count as profit?

greg
07-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Kyle:
so what you are saying is if I sell Red bull, I buy it myself that doesn't count as profit? Wouldn't that be like taking money out of your right pocket and putting it in your left pocket and saying you made money??!?!?

If you buy the product from Quixtar for a dollar and then drink it yourself(which many say they do, thereby creating their millions sold statements) how is it that you can call that a sale?

I remember when Coke used to pad their numbers by filling trucks with pallets of cases, pulling them away from the docks a few feet and register it as a sale! NO go my friend. A sale in the beverage business is a sale to the END USER Not the distributor drinking up all of his product because he, his wife, and kids love the Zero Sugar taste and the great feeling of attaining financial freedom by selling XS energy drinks.

Ron Swedelson
07-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Well, it depends how you look at it. Its definatly a sale for the supplier. Doesnt matter if its stolen from a store, or used by the distributor. It is a sale for them. It is not a great busines move for the distributor to claim sales, and only buying more product for personal consumption. But I do like this IBO thinking...you know what...Im going to pay myself $200 for doing this post....Yes, score $200 for me.

Scott Beinlich
07-12-2006, 01:35 AM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Scott Beinlich:
Oh...forgot this:

This is legit...IF IF IF IF IF you put the work into it. If someone is looking for get rich quick, this isn't it(And noone has ever said it was.) That sounds alot like my job! I can gain financial independence IF, IF, IF, IF, I work really hard at my job and sell,sell, sell, sell! I will get paid great commissions and I will be able to retire also. Of course, Just like an IBO, it is not a get rich quick scheme. It will take me 20-30 years to do this just like an IBO. </font>[/QUOTE]Your statement is somewhat true, however I dissagree with the 20-30 years for an IBO to do it, as I personally know people I am in business with who have a 6 figure income coming in after 5 years.

Either way dude, I am not the one trying to convince you to join this am I? I have never made any attempt to recruit you or anything have I? All I did was come on here to clear up things on both ends, and to be a mediator between both sides with truth.

As for the word IF...I will go to work tomorrow IF I wake up, IF my car starts...So If can be used for many things.

I believe this business is good for me, and this is what I choose to do.

Scott Beinlich
07-12-2006, 01:40 AM
Scott, as far as vendor relations go, I got to tell you Barnes and Nobles, Albertsons, Costco, Walmart, Longs Drugs Stores, Borders, you name it, they are not concerned with your own dealings. Even 7-Eleven, they will buy products form people on the street if it seems like something they can sell. The difference is the connection. Do they have a relationship past just buying and selling. If no, then no matter what a company does, it would not effect the other legaly. Look at Enron, people doing busines with them were not on the hook legaly. I understand what you are saying or thinking, but these busines are in the busines of selling and making money. If they spent legal fees on each on of their vendors to ensure that all aspects of what they did were legal and legit, they would be out of busines due to overhead costs of the legal department. Keep up with the business, a few million cans of XS a year doesnt add up to the billion cans of Red Bull, but nothing does either. I have nothing against your busines or you. I felt Quixtar was a scam when they confronted me, and I dont like to hear companies claim high ranking status with out any proof. I agree Ron, hence why I investigate any info I hear, and then make my own decision on it. Alot of it is people lying or people blowing something out of proportion or out of context.

Scott Beinlich
07-12-2006, 01:50 AM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kyle:
so what you are saying is if I sell Red bull, I buy it myself that doesn't count as profit? Wouldn't that be like taking money out of your right pocket and putting it in your left pocket and saying you made money??!?!?

If you buy the product from Quixtar for a dollar and then drink it yourself(which many say they do, thereby creating their millions sold statements) how is it that you can call that a sale?

I remember when Coke used to pad their numbers by filling trucks with pallets of cases, pulling them away from the docks a few feet and register it as a sale! NO go my friend. A sale in the beverage business is a sale to the END USER Not the distributor drinking up all of his product because he, his wife, and kids love the Zero Sugar taste and the great feeling of attaining financial freedom by selling XS energy drinks. </font>[/QUOTE]See...A sale is any purchase from Quixtar, whether I am drinking them, or someone else is. I have a few customers, and alot of my sales are because I have them for my own personal consumption.

You could also look at an IBO's consumption as a sale, as it is one sale that another company is losing. In my case, I used to drink alot of Pepsi, and have replaced alot of the Pepsi I drink with XS. Now...will Pepsi feel the loss of my purchases of sodas, probably not.

As for making money, IBO's are paid on the retail profit of their customers, and on the overall business volume they produce, so personal consumption would be put into business volume and can cause profits to go up. Also, it is a requirement for us to do a percentage of sales in personal use.

Scott Beinlich
07-12-2006, 01:54 AM
Well, it depends how you look at it. Its definatly a sale for the supplier. Doesnt matter if its stolen from a store, or used by the distributor. It is a sale for them. It is not a great busines move for the distributor to claim sales, and only buying more product for personal consumption. But I do like this IBO thinking...you know what...Im going to pay myself $200 for doing this post....Yes, score $200 for me. As for me, there was a time where I would quote the numbers I heard, but once I couldn't find statements to back it up, then I don't. I do explain to prospective people that I use this amount of XS a month for personal consumption, and I have this many customers who buy this amount per month, and that it's important to have retail clients as that is a way to make more money faster. You cannot make money if only you are using the products, unless you have downline who are buying some and/or have customers.

Like I said earlier, I am not here to argue for either side. I am in the middle, and I live in a reality world where I know that this isn't for everyone.

Scott Beinlich
07-12-2006, 02:08 AM
Another thing:

Ron: Again this is my opinion, but I believe that when the initial launch was made, that alot of the Amway people(good and bad ones) came over with it, and with the way the new system was done, those bad people(Liars, con-artists, thiefs) were dropped when something was reported. Alot of people are holding the past mistakes of Amway against Quixtar, and even though they are in sense the same company, they have gone out of their way to clean up their image, and get rid of the issues. If you pull up all the complaints against Quixtar, 95% of them are IBO based(IBO harassing someone, IBO not taking care of downline). Very few customer issues, and when there was one, it was immediately taken care of by the company even if the IBO did or did not do something wrong.

Alot of people present this business wrong, and make it look bad. If presented right, with the right information and facts, and a realistic approach that not everyone will do it, but everyone can do it, then everything will be ok.

Ron Swedelson
07-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Did you say though that it is required for a certain amount of personal consumption? How much, is it a personal percentage of your sales? Thats kind of weird. I know you will probably say that Quixtar wants their people to buy their own brands so they can understand what they are selling and pass along their experience with their customers. That may be true, but if I had my own busines, and I was required to buy a certain amount of items for personal consumption, I would tell them to kiss my ... unless it is free, then great, but if they are charing you, I dont know whats up with that.
If the type of person that originaly tried to get me into Quixtar is gone, then that is great for you guys. But he definatly left me with a bad taste in my mouth for Quixtar.

Scott Beinlich
07-13-2006, 02:24 AM
Did you say though that it is required for a certain amount of personal consumption? How much, is it a personal percentage of your sales? Thats kind of weird. I know you will probably say that Quixtar wants their people to buy their own brands so they can understand what they are selling and pass along their experience with their customers. That may be true, but if I had my own busines, and I was required to buy a certain amount of items for personal consumption, I would tell them to kiss my ... unless it is free, then great, but if they are charing you, I dont know whats up with that.
If the type of person that originaly tried to get me into Quixtar is gone, then that is great for you guys. But he definatly left me with a bad taste in my mouth for Quixtar. For us to get any type of bonus we need to do 100 points of volume. Out of that, that want half of the 100 to be customer volume.

Now...If I have enough customers, all of my volume could be customers and I could buy nothing off of myself. In my case, I still need to buy stuff off of myself, but even if I didn't I would still because I love the energy drinks, and many of the other products.

I was wrong in my wording as we dont have to buy our stuff, but like you said it is recommended...The example most used is "If you own a cadillac dealership, you wouldn't be driving a Ford Escalade" You using your own products is advertisement.

I know that most of my energy drink customers come from people seeing me drink them, and then asking me where I got them from. So I give them a can and they then like them and order them.

Ron Swedelson
07-13-2006, 12:26 PM
What happens if you don't get "100 points" They charge you more, you not get paid, or put on probation?
My buddy sells Honda's but drives a VW....I get what you are saying, and there is truth there, but not words to live by. Sounds like a lot of rules to own your own business. Maybe they are easy to follow, but sounds more like you are managing a web-site location for them rather than being your own busines owner.

fusion
07-13-2006, 03:51 PM
What seems odd to me is that you have to buy/drink your own product just to get the bonus. Seems like it would be cheaper to forego the bonus and just focus on selling the stuff to others, rather than sitting on a garagefull of XS.

Scott Beinlich
07-14-2006, 02:37 AM
What happens if you don't get "100 points" They charge you more, you not get paid, or put on probation?
My buddy sells Honda's but drives a VW....I get what you are saying, and there is truth there, but not words to live by. Sounds like a lot of rules to own your own business. Maybe they are easy to follow, but sounds more like you are managing a web-site location for them rather than being your own busines owner. If you dont do 100 points several things happen:

1) You dont get paid(except for retail profit.)
2) If you have downline, you will not get paid off of their volume.

This is one proof it is not a pyramid. A pyramid I could sit on my butt, do nothing, and get paid.

As for 100 points it can be real easy to do. We just launched an Ice Tea that like 17 points for a case, whereas the energy drinks are close to 8.
If you just buy your normal stuff you are buying anyways from them(Toothpaste, soap, etc) you will easily make your 100 points.

As for the website, I had a website more to promote my business, not quixtar. It talked about me, my dreams, etc, and showed the energy drinks. I have since taken it down for some revamping.

Scott Beinlich
07-14-2006, 02:40 AM
What seems odd to me is that you have to buy/drink your own product just to get the bonus. Seems like it would be cheaper to forego the bonus and just focus on selling the stuff to others, rather than sitting on a garagefull of XS. Well think of it like this. Lets say you open up a Widget shop, are you going to have customers right away? Probably not. I have been increasing my customer base, and am about a month away from having to buy nothing from myself, and doing my 100 points of volume. Like I said before, I would still keep buying my own products after that because I love the products.

Scott Beinlich
07-14-2006, 02:44 AM
What seems odd to me is that you have to buy/drink your own product just to get the bonus. Seems like it would be cheaper to forego the bonus and just focus on selling the stuff to others, rather than sitting on a garagefull of XS. I forgot...I dont have a garage ;)

Seriously though, we dont need to sit on a garageful...I buy what I would use personally each month, and if I give away some of my own for samples, I will either order another case for myself, or wait till next month. If someone wants a case immediately, I will either sell them one of my cases I bought for personal consumption, or order them one.

So I buy no more than 4 or 5 cases for myself, and since there is 9 flavors(Soon to be 10) that might go up, and I might buy 2 months worth so I can have a variety of flavors each month, as opposed to just 4 or 5.

Ron Swedelson
07-14-2006, 10:03 PM
So you have to order everything in advance too, in hope to sell it. Doesnt that limit your sales since Quixtar has so many brands. You are going to focus on the items you are storing your self right? How long does it take before you can get something in that you dont haev in storage? If you are sold on the idea, and you feel you are making money, great...doenst exactly sound like a busines plan I would want to get into.

Mr Zabe
07-14-2006, 10:22 PM
How often do you have to take cases of drinks that go unsold to the flea market? That's what we use to do with old unsalable merchandise. smile.gif

Scott Beinlich
07-18-2006, 01:06 AM
So you have to order everything in advance too, in hope to sell it. Doesnt that limit your sales since Quixtar has so many brands. You are going to focus on the items you are storing your self right? How long does it take before you can get something in that you dont haev in storage? If you are sold on the idea, and you feel you are making money, great...doenst exactly sound like a busines plan I would want to get into. Well...the "correct" way is if someone wants some, to go onto the website and order it that day. It arrives in about a week, with express shipping about 4 days. But we all know that people are a buy now people. They want it now, hence why I will sell one of my cases I buy for my personal use.

Like I said. The business isnt for everyone.

Scott Beinlich
07-18-2006, 01:08 AM
How often do you have to take cases of drinks that go unsold to the flea market? That's what we use to do with old unsalable merchandise. smile.gif I never got to the point where I have any left over at the end of the month, as again I only buy the amount I consume, and if I dont sell any of my personal supply I drink them.

Scott Beinlich
07-18-2006, 01:12 AM
Let me clarify something.

All sales should be going through the website.

Now, at times, if I know I am ordering my supply, and I have a customer(i do this for 2 or 3 of my friends) I will order theirs with mine, to give them the savings on shipping, and on the retail price, as theyre good customers, and I dont mind losing a few bucks on occasion to help them out.

I do not keep anything in stock except what I use personally, whether that be deordorant, shampoo, energy drinks, meal replacement bars, protein bars, vitamins, etc. With the energy drinks, I drink about 5-6 cases a month. If I hand a sample out and someone likes them and wants a case immediately, I will sell them one of my personal ones, and either re-order one for myself with the money they give me, or just wait..What I try to do it get them to let me order a case for them(So I don't have to give out my personal stuff.) Usually they allow me to order for them.

Scott Beinlich
07-18-2006, 01:17 AM
I keep re-reading your message Ron, and realize I might miss a question...

Yes, Quixtar sells a LOAD of stuff, and most I don't use. I COULD buy my cat food off of Quixtar except my cats don't like the normal cat food and will only eat Friskies and only if its slices and not pate, so therefore I dont sell much cat food, but if someone wants to buy it off me thats fine.

The only products I use are:
XS Energy Drink
Double X Vitamins
Omega 3 Fish Oil
Concentrated Fruits and Vegatables
Meal Replacement Bars
Protein Bars
XS Sports Drink(Similar to Gatorade)
Shampoo
Body Soap
Breath Spray

Ron Swedelson
07-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Why do all sales need to go through your website? Are you not allowed to charge any price or discount that you want? Just curious.

LuxIsGod
07-18-2006, 01:51 PM
This is to Ron Swedelson.
I see from your profile that you sell/market several types of drinks and from looking around this site I have seen where you have said your willing to market more drink products. I have also seen you blatantly lie on more than one occasion. Several times you have said that Vitamin B is not water-soluble and is toxic in large amounts. Anybody can talk to the FDA, a doctor, certified nutritionist, or just go to the library and read a book on nutrition and find out the truth, which is, Vitamin B is water-soluble and the surplus is removed in your urine. This information can also be found on the XS official website at http://www.xsgear.com/support/faqs.asp . By the way, if this information is wrong, then the XS company is selling and misrepresenting a dangerous product. If what you say is true than all you need to do is report the XS company to the FDA and it will be shut down. Obviously the XS company is still going strong several years after it was started.
My question to you is this. What company do you work for, or do you have your own company? Have you, or the company you work for ever marketed or wanted to market the XS energy drink? Have you ever talked to the XS company directly?
Another thing. Are you paid to post on this site? I did the math and you average 5 posts every 6 days.

Ron Swedelson
07-18-2006, 07:18 PM
See...this is what I love...
Blantantly lie on more than one occasion...please inform me of these situations. The only person I have talked to about vitamin B, since this vitamin is so exciting I don't know why this has not come up in more conversations in my life, is Dr. Shaw, who has worked with the World Healthcare Orginization, and a professor of Health Science. He has told me that Vitamin B, and I believe A and D were toxic in large forms. I remember him saying C was the only vitamin that is not toxic, because me and a friend did research and found that C actually could be toxic, but almost impossible to digest that quantity. Anyway, if you read my posts, you would see that I have in no way said that the amount of vitamin B in XS is dangerous or toxic. Simply asking if that person knew what the toxic dosage was, out of curiosity. Now please list my ongoing outright lies please, I would be interested to see these.
I have never worked for XS, or any company that has ever sold, talked to, or been turned down by XS.
Why is this the second person who has requested "Report them to the FDA if that is true?" Some people need to realize that me posting my opinons on a free website does not mean that I want to go out of my way, or waste my time trying to find something wrong with companies and report them or turn their busines around. I personaly don't like the claims that XS is the second best selling energy drink with no proff. I have sold Red Bull, Monster, Rock Star, Hansens, Shark, Red Devil, XTZ, XTC, and other energy drinks. I know what goes into sales, what it takes for brands like that to succeed, and how it effects the marketplace in sales. XS simply does not show any of thoes traits to me. I have spoken to a sales rep from XS in San Francisco back in 2001. And to a distributor who was pushing the brand in 2001 also.
I am currently outside of beverages, as I have been in the field for 8 years now, and am taking a break and making some money. No, I am not paid to post here. I have been an avid member on this board since 2000. There is a reason I have over 1800 posts. I have good opinions and ideas, I have enough knowledge of the industry to be able to chime in on many topics, and people like seeing me here as I have not been asked to be banned or ever had one of my topics locked. I infact have the busiest post on the bevnet in the "who else hates the jones soda company" which has more posts than any other topic I have seen on this board. I enjoy beverages and this forum, that is why I am an active member and post most days durring the week. So I am sorry if you happen to disagree or am angered by my posts. But you are just going to have to live with it and my long list of lies. You have to realize something, I am the only member who uses their real name because I am not worried about who knows what I say. I have met other beverage insides in Texas, Kentucky, Utah, Nevada, many places. I don't think your month of membership to this board, your 11 posts, or your lack of understanding of what my posts say or what I am about is really going to change anything here. Now I think I'll go relax with some XS...oh wait...no one can find this drink were other beverages are sold or in their normal course of the day...it must be great being #2 and not acutually making your self avalible to the public.

Scott Beinlich
07-19-2006, 03:49 AM
Why do all sales need to go through your website? Are you not allowed to charge any price or discount that you want? Just curious. If they go on the site, it will charge retail. If set up a customer profile where they are consistantly ordering cases a month(Its called Ditto Delivery) I can go in and decide to charge them:
a) Wholesale
b) retail
c) Somewhere in between

What I usually do it this for my non consistant customers. Let's say Joe Smith wants to buy two cases, and I know I am ordering 2 cases as well and I dont have the flavor he wants available in my personal stock. I would be charged a shipping rate and so would he. So I would have his cases get ordered with mine, save some shipping costs for him, and then make a price. Retail is usually 24.00 a case, and I might charge the person 21 or 22 a case, because my goal is to increase customer business, and frequency.

[ 07-19-2006, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: Scott Beinlich ]

Scott Beinlich
07-19-2006, 04:04 AM
Some comments on some other posts

Lux: You aren't making XS look good by arguing. If you haven't read the posts, Ron and I have been having a civil conversation about XS, based on facts and all he has been asking is proof of the facts. So he isn't (from what I can see) totally against XS to the point he wants to shut XS down, he is looking for clarification on things said. So please, for the sake of XS, just chill out

Ron: I did some research on http://www.emedicine.com/EMERG/topic638.htm

here is what I found:

Vitamin B-12 (ie, cyanocobalamin) is found in milk products, eggs, fish, poultry, and meat.

Vitamin B-12 requires intrinsic factor for absorption.

RDA is 2 mcg (1 mcg for children aged 1-4 y).

Supplements are usually 25-250 mcg per tablet.

Toxic dose is not established.

Vitamin B-12 is a treatment for pernicious anemia and cyanide poisoning.

Another site http://nutritionservices.upmc.com/NutritionArticles/Vitamins/VitaminB12.htm#Toxicity

says this:

Vitamin B12 Toxicity
Vitamin B12 has a very low potential for toxicity. The tolerable upper intake level (UL) for vitamin B12 from dietary sources and supplements combined has not been determined. This does not mean that there is no potential for adverse effects resulting from high intakes. Because data is limited, caution should be used when supplementing.

No symptoms of vitamin B12 toxicity have been reported.

Another site
http://library.thinkquest.org/26813/b12.htm

says this:

Major dietary sources of vitamin B12 include meat, poultry, fish, milk, eggs, and cheese. Vitamin B12 is found almost exclusively in animal products. Unlike other water soluble vitamins, vitamin B12 is stored in the liver. Vitamin B12 is sensitive to ultraviolet light.

Major Body Functions:

&gt;Aids in energy metabolism
&gt;Aids in red blood cell formation
&gt;Helps maintain the central nervous system
&gt;Necessary for folate activity

Deficiency Symptoms:

&gt;Pernicious anemia (large cell type)
&gt;Degeneration of peripheral nerves leading to paralysis
&gt;Sore tongue and weakness

Excessive Intake and Toxicity Symptoms:

&gt;No evidence of Vitamin B12 toxicity has been noted from oral intake.

So we can assume 4900% of the RDA(which would be 98mcg) is safe. And yes, I tell people not to drink them like water. One or 2, maybe 3 a day is enough.

[ 07-19-2006, 03:09 AM: Message edited by: Scott Beinlich ]

Ron Swedelson
07-19-2006, 12:23 PM
thats some good info...
As far as shipping, is most of your products sent UPS? Are you ever able to get volume high enough to get sent on truck in pallet form to save on shipping? I dont know how much you order, or how much you may stock in products, but I wonder how much difference it would save you in shipping. If you cut the costs of customers order, does any of this effect how much Quixtar pays you for "bonus" or does this just effect your bottom line profitability?

LuxIsGod
07-20-2006, 01:32 AM
See...this is what I love...
Blantantly lie on more than one occasion...please inform me of these situations. OK. Here goes.
Under: Topic:XS energy drink info

On 6-26-06 you wrote,
Vitamin B is toxic to the body as it is not water soluble in your system. I wonder how many cans till your body would go into shock? [/QB] Ron, you said HOW MANY CANS. What energy drink besides XS could you be talking about?

Again, under: Topic:XS energy drink info

On 6-28-06 you wrote,
Vitamin A, B, and D are toxic to your bodies in large amounts. [/QB] This is from the XS website.
Is it possible to overdose on B vitamins?
No. B vitamins are part of the group called "water soluble" vitamins. Excessive amounts of water-soluble vitamins are merely excreted through the urine. Fat-soluble vitamins can be retained in the body and cause overdose damage. The four vitamins considered to be" fat soluble" are: A, D, E and K. You can see this at http://www.xsgear.com/support/faqs.asp

Ron, your thinly veiled questions show you believe XS is selling a toxic edible product and encouraging people to consume it several times daily and ingest a toxic level of its ingredients. Any person in their right mind would want any such company shut down immediately and all of the product recalled. Your inaction shows you do not believe the statements you are making!

SumPoosieCat
07-20-2006, 09:44 AM
If an xs can falls in the woods and there is no one in the woods to drink it does it make a noise?

Kyle
07-20-2006, 09:45 AM
haha.. halarious... do squirells like XS... I bet they do.

Ron Swedelson
07-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Your stretching LEX...reaching a little too much...does my question say "XS is toxic, why are you selling that with high amounts of toxic vitamins?" Or, does it show my statment in which I say Vitamin B is toxic to your body and I wonder how many cans it would take to reach that level. The topic is about XS, so obviously we are talking about XS. But my question does not say XS is toxic. Flintstone vitamins can be toxic if you had a whole bottle or two. Does that say that I think Flintstone vitamins are toxic...nope...just certain things at certain levels are toxic. And no, why would I care if XS is shut down or not. There are a lot of suppliments in which I believe are not right for the body or are toxic. But thats for me to decide what I want, and for others to decide what they want. And if the FDA decides that a supliment is claiming something untrue and poses to be a health risk, then they would shut down that company. XS might be toxic if you had 30 cans, but would the FDA shut the company down? No, the product was not used as recomended and XS did nothing wrong. Look at TallThinBlond...with SumPoosie they love using Pure Cane Sugar...are they getting the FDA to shut down all other companies who use High Fructose Corn Syrup because Americans are dieing from diabeaties? NO.
I do believe in my statements and posts, as I have never backdown from my posts or what I have stated. Have I been proven wrong. Yes, just not very often. Please spend your time pushing your wonderful product. Because you see, the great thing about XS is this. They can sell 100 million cans a year, or not even 100 ML. a year, and it makes no difference to my paycheck. On the other hand, it seems as if you have a little stronger connection and it might effect you just a little bit. So you can get angry, and think I am anti XS and anti god and anti all that is great with beverages. It just doent matter. I will have my opinions, my posts, and if I see something I dont agree with, I will chime in. Look at my Jones Soda Posts...even when I was in full bashing mode, if someone came on and said something that was not true about Jones, I put a stop to it.
Let play a game...why don't you drink 48 cans of XS in one sitting, and tell me if you die or get sick. That way I will know if XS is toxic in large forms. If your ok, then let me know, and I will be so releaved and will be able to live out the rest of my life a happy man.

boogybren
07-21-2006, 04:01 PM
I have not heard anything good about their pyramid scheme, but I am also not apart of it. Not sure if you have seen this, but bevnet was the one who said they are number 2. I couldn't find the orignal article on bevnet but archive.org had it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050305041135/www.bevnet.com/news/spotlight/xs/default.asp

The reason why they don't go retail is it's too expensive. Why pay for billboards, tv/radio ads, fancy cardboard cutouts? There is no advertising involved. Just people who are business owners who promote their own company

Regarding it being a pyramid, as you are aware, pyramid schemes are illegal. Do you really think that there is some secret that the attorneys at Circuit City, Barnes and Noble and Office Depot missed? Or do you think they really like to do business illegally?

Just wondering.

[ 07-21-2006, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: boogybren ]

NRGSLLR
07-21-2006, 05:40 PM
If they are saving money by not advertising, renting bill boards, etc. Why is it so expensive? I bought a case from an IBO 6 months ago for approx $20 for a 12 count case. That's more than Red Bull on a cost per can basis

CStoreCatMan
07-21-2006, 05:52 PM
So XS is supposed to be #2 behind Red Bull. I just found a few tidbits though that seriously make me question that. In 2004, XS (according to the article in boogy's post) sold $79 million worth of product. In that same year, Red Bull sold 1.9 billion cans which led to revenues of over $2 billion!!! That's a pretty distant #2 with lots of room in between for other big brands. I'll keep researching...

Ron Swedelson
07-21-2006, 06:37 PM
I read that article there...that only helps to prove they are not the #2 selling drink. It says their 2005 projections were $85 million? Dude, that may be a lot of money, but not for the #2 drink. The local Red Bull distributor brings in $23,000,000 in sales per year. And thats just a few counties. Sorry dude, I still don't buy that without any retail presence, and that fact that I have only seen 1 person, ever with a can of XS (outside of an XS sales rep. in the field who had a few cans), I do not see them as #2, maybe 22 but not 2. As for the excuss they are not in the retail market because it costs too much...please...if they were truly #2, they would be able to burst on to the marketplace, take over #1 and all POS and advertising would be paid for no problem. Heck, they could jump into the retail market, and be # 5 and still have everything pay for itself.
As far as a pyramid scheme...maybe this will help you put get your panites out of a bunch...do I have proof they are conducting busines in an illegal form...no...did I attend a Quixtar launch meeting, was I asked to give money upfront, and was I told that other who I get to help push the product under me would help me earn more money...yes...so that sounds a little fishy to me which is why I do not do busines with them. As for Barnes and Nobles and Circuit City and these other places...dude...get off your high horse...you are not that important. Infact, these companies are concerned with their price they are buying items for. The avaliability of the items, and if you have insurance for your company to protect them incase your product causes any damage or harm. They have zero interest in paying for legal services to investigage the 10's of thousands of companies who they do busines with, to make sure that their company structure is up to par. To make sure there is no wrong doing going on. And to make sure they are just some nice guys. You got to wonder, if these companies checked vendors out the way you think they do, Enron and WorldCom would not have been so big, because no one would have done busines with them.

boogybren
07-21-2006, 07:19 PM
I read that article there...that only helps to prove they are not the #2 selling drink. It says their 2005 projections were $85 million? Dude, that may be a lot of money, but not for the #2 drink. The local Red Bull distributor brings in $23,000,000 in sales per year. And thats just a few counties.I can't say I believe $23mil/year from one distributor, but that is my opinion. No one has to share it.

Sorry dude, I still don't buy that without any retail presence, and that fact that I have only seen 1 person, ever with a can of XS (outside of an XS sales rep. in the field who had a few cans), I do not see them as #2, maybe 22 but not 2. As for the excuss they are not in the retail market because it costs too much...please...if they were truly #2, they would be able to burst on to the marketplace, take over #1 and all POS and advertising would be paid for no problem. Heck, they could jump into the retail market, and be # 5 and still have everything pay for itself.I would ask you to research advertising trends. More and more companies are paying less on advertising now and paying street teams or have other methods to push their products. McDonalds alone cut their advertising budget by a third. The question is why are they doing that? Well, because in traditional advertisement, you pay up front for an unknow return. With affilliate marketing, the company doesn't pay until someone buys.

Also, just because you don't see people drink it, doesn't mean they don't. I don't see people wearing underwear, but I hear it's a pretty consistant industry.

As far as a pyramid scheme...maybe this will help you put get your panites out of a bunch...do I have proof they are conducting busines in an illegal form...no...did I attend a Quixtar launch meeting, was I asked to give money upfront, and was I told that other who I get to help push the product under me would help me earn more money...yes...so that sounds a little fishy to me which is why I do not do busines with them. I am very sincerly sorry you had that experience. I have been to a Toyota dealership and dealt with a complete idiot who tried to take my $4,000 down, put it in the dealerships pocket and then try and charge me more for the car, telling me that my montly payments are right where I want them. So I went to another Toyota dealership and got the proper treatment.

Everyone affiliated with Quixtar does business differently. I am not sure what the "money up front" was for, however you can make more money than someone up the chain. Granted, there are some severe morons out there that do illegal things. Doesn't make the business model illegal.

Remember, there are similarities between men and monkeys, it's the differences that count.

As for Barnes and Nobles and Circuit City and these other places...dude...get off your high horse...you are not that important. Infact, these companies are concerned with their price they are buying items for. The avaliability of the items, and if you have insurance for your company to protect them incase your product causes any damage or harm. They have zero interest in paying for legal services to investigage the 10's of thousands of companies who they do busines with, to make sure that their company structure is up to par. To make sure there is no wrong doing going on. And to make sure they are just some nice guys. You got to wonder, if these companies checked vendors out the way you think they do, Enron and WorldCom would not have been so big, because no one would have done busines with them. You apparently have never dealt with large corporations who have hired full time attorneys who get paid to establish and review these types of relationships. Worldcomm and Enron didn't have an illegal business model, they had bad business ethics (possibly like the person who ask for "your money up front").

I am not interested trying to change your mind, but for someone who does research, I thought it would be important to note where the 2nd in the US statement came from.

-VV-
07-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by boogybren:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:
I have not heard anything good about their pyramid scheme, but I am also not apart of it. Not sure if you have seen this, but bevnet was the one who said they are number 2. I couldn't find the orignal article on bevnet but archive.org had it. </font>[/QUOTE]You're at least the 3rd IBO who has tried to use that "Bevnet said it was #2" argument since I've been watching these XS threads. If you take a close look at the article, you'll notice it's featured in the "advertorial section" of the site. Meaning it is an ad, written by XS representatives, not Bevnet.

[ 07-22-2006, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: -VV- ]

Scott Beinlich
07-24-2006, 04:40 AM
thats some good info...
As far as shipping, is most of your products sent UPS? Are you ever able to get volume high enough to get sent on truck in pallet form to save on shipping? I dont know how much you order, or how much you may stock in products, but I wonder how much difference it would save you in shipping. If you cut the costs of customers order, does any of this effect how much Quixtar pays you for "bonus" or does this just effect your bottom line profitability? For express orders, its UPS. For normal orders that aren't huge boxes, usually the USPS. Any orders over $750.00 is free shipping.

And it does hurt my bottom line profitibility, but its no different than your local supermarket doing a loss leader(i.e. Selling a 2 liter of Pepsi for 50 cents to get customers in the door, and hoping to make up the loss in the future, or on other products.)

I still get paid my bonus and it doesnt affect that just affects profits.

[ 07-24-2006, 03:59 AM: Message edited by: Scott Beinlich ]

Scott Beinlich
07-24-2006, 04:57 AM
Again to the other IBO's(as I am one too)...I sent this to Ron in private, but I will send it public now.

I did in fact talk to XS reps when I went to the conference, and they said since they are not a public company with stockholders that they do not have to release sales figures. In the same breath, he said " Whether we are first, second, sixth or last doesn't mean anything if the product tastes good, and where we stand should not matter or being a selling point as we are the only energy drink that allows people to share in their profits."

So you see, you are using things to sell the products that even XS says don't matter.

Never has Ron in any of his posts say that XS should be shut down. He asked a legitimate question about what the limit of B vitamins are before it gets toxic. As you can see, a little research covered that.

Arguing on here guys on here is like the special olympics. You may win, but you still are retarded.

So lets use this for a fact based discussion(like I have been trying to do.)

Mr Zabe
07-24-2006, 05:39 AM
Arguing on here guys on here is like the special Olympics. You may win, but you still are retarded I guess your true colors have now come out. Your lack of respect for those people with mentally challenged problems is rather disgusting. I have volunteered with challenged children and adults; the only one who is retarded is you!

Ron Swedelson
07-24-2006, 07:41 PM
I don't know...thats kind of funny..I had to read it twice though...

the saint
07-24-2006, 08:04 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Arguing on here guys on here is like the special Olympics. You may win, but you still are retarded I guess your true colors have now come out. Your lack of respect for those people with mentally challenged problems is rather disgusting. I have volunteered with challenged children and adults; the only one who is retarded is you! </font>[/QUOTE]Agreed!

Kyle
07-26-2006, 10:24 AM
oh no.. someone in the world has been offened or upset by a stupid comment. You can't let everything in life upset or offend you.

Scott Beinlich
07-27-2006, 03:56 AM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Arguing on here guys on here is like the special Olympics. You may win, but you still are retarded I guess your true colors have now come out. Your lack of respect for those people with mentally challenged problems is rather disgusting. I have volunteered with challenged children and adults; the only one who is retarded is you! </font>[/QUOTE]umm...I work with mentally disabled as well. It was a saying I saw somewhere.

Sorry if I offended you.

Mr Zabe
07-27-2006, 04:11 AM
It's water under the bridge. smile.gif

greg
07-27-2006, 11:18 AM
I was talking to a buddy of mine last night. He ordered some REDLINE from me.
He asked me if I ever heard of XS enrgy drink. I told him yes. He then told me that I was the first person he has ever talked to outside of Quixtar that has heard of XS.
He ashamdely told me he has made a total of $3.24 in the last 3 months selling XS from his "website".
OUCH! He even went on to tell me how they tell him to order more product for himself to increase his profits/commission. That does not make sense to me.

Ron Swedelson
07-27-2006, 04:21 PM
sure it does greg. Your spreadsheet for your busines will look great. Buy 100 cases a month, it will show a great profit. I guess they didnt figure in that your money for the product has to come from somewere. But think of the profit line for the business.

greg
07-27-2006, 06:39 PM
OHHHH How selfish of me to not consider Quixtar in this equation. Stupid me was thinking about my bottom line as an IBO! Duh
LOL

CStoreCatMan
07-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Wow, what a deal. So where do I sign up?!? LOL tongue.gif

Ron Swedelson
07-28-2006, 07:19 PM
My buddy who is in the next office over had a loan call today from a borrower who said he is self employed here in California. He said his busines is his own name. When grilled more he said he works for Quixtar, but is his own busines. But he said he does not have a busines lic. Whats up with that? Doesn't Quixtar require that you have a bus. lic. if you are operating your own busines using their name?

Scott Beinlich
07-30-2006, 04:34 AM
My buddy who is in the next office over had a loan call today from a borrower who said he is self employed here in California. He said his busines is his own name. When grilled more he said he works for Quixtar, but is his own busines. But he said he does not have a busines lic. Whats up with that? Doesn't Quixtar require that you have a bus. lic. if you are operating your own busines using their name? I know in my state(PA) that as long as our last name is in the business title, that you do not need to file for a business license. If I wanted to call it Generation Enterprises for example I would need to file for a ficticious name document, tax ID number...But since I call mine Beinlich Online Enterprises, then I dont.

There are some states that do require licenses. I could give you a list with some research.

Scott Beinlich
07-30-2006, 04:37 AM
I was talking to a buddy of mine last night. He ordered some REDLINE from me.
He asked me if I ever heard of XS enrgy drink. I told him yes. He then told me that I was the first person he has ever talked to outside of Quixtar that has heard of XS.
He ashamdely told me he has made a total of $3.24 in the last 3 months selling XS from his "website".
OUCH! He even went on to tell me how they tell him to order more product for himself to increase his profits/commission. That does not make sense to me. So he sold one case in 3 months? That's about the profit of one case. He is definitely not doing anything to build his business(IE finding customers, and finding other people interested in business.)

[ 08-01-2006, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: Scott Beinlich ]

Scott Beinlich
07-30-2006, 04:45 AM
I guess I need to explain.

Without going into the business plan of Quixtar, in the first level(Just starting out) you'll make crap.

Once you start growing your business, for a little while, you may still spend a little more than what you make back(But again you are buying items you use anyways, so if you spend 250.00 and get back 125.00 you're still realistically making out better than the supermarket, even if the toothpaste is a little more expensive) Once you continue to build, you will be making more than enough to cover your personal use, and have a profit.

No business ever starts with immediate profits. To own a McDonalds, its usually 1.5 million for the property, and 44,000 to learn the system of how to make a Big Mac, for a CHANCE to own one, and then you have to sign a promise to have 3 McDonalds opened in 5 years.

So this is no different. Whomever told him to buy more to increase profits, gave him skewed info.