PDA

View Full Version : NEW COKE ENERGY

Redford1967
12-24-2005, 11:59 AM
ANY THOUGHTS ON TAB ENERGY OR THE VAULT? oR PERHAPS WE SHOULD DISCUSS cOKE bLAK?

Redford1967
12-24-2005, 12:12 PM
wE HAVE NOT DIST. VAULT UP HERE YET. MARKETING BELIEVES THAT THE MOUNTAIN DEW SHARE WILL DROP 20%

Nick Laugher
12-24-2005, 02:58 PM
Does the word "caps" have any meaning to you?

And I've not tried TAB yet, they never did get back to me about the samples I requested.

the saint
12-24-2005, 07:26 PM
1) Who cares 2) Big deal 3) It will flop..badly 4) Maybe for the first month while it is priced well under Mountain Dew but when it goes to line pricing it will do just as all other Coke attempts and will just be another shelf filler. The little light on the top of your keyboard that says "caps lock" it shouldn't be lit. There is a button on the left that says the same thing maybe you should push it.

[ 12-24-2005, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

SURGE
12-25-2005, 05:15 PM
20% seems about right to me. I think it could go 30% if done right or 15% if not.

But yeah avoid the constant CAPs usage.

Christian Prickett
12-27-2005, 10:38 AM
I CAN'T STAND PEOPLE THAT ALWAYS POST IN CAPS.

I can't even log on here once a week without seeing a "NEW" Coke energy drink being discussed. Everyone is always taslking aobut how it's going to be Coke Black, Coke-E, E-pak, or whatever but it's not comming out anytime soon.

Coke has Rockstar, that is their promotional energy drink. THere isn't going to be Coke with more caffeen, or Coke with Crack, or Coke Triptaphan.

Nick Laugher
12-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Coke also has Full Throttle.

greg
12-28-2005, 05:17 PM
I don't understand Cokes big push in the Energy Category. I understand they are looking for something to compete against AMP and Adrenaline Rush but why are they going with Rockstar, Von Dutch, Tab energy, etc.
Why didn't they just make DMX a better tasting and stronger drink and possibly a name change?
Why are they spending millions to market someone elses drink for them when they could spend 1/5 on good R & D and make their own good product.

Mr Zabe
12-28-2005, 05:30 PM
The insane are running the asylum. LOL
Need anymore be said?

Nick Laugher
12-28-2005, 07:02 PM
I think you mean KMX.

And Coke is not one for doing things themselves, they'd rather buy companies that do it already and save themselves work.

greg
12-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the correction. I guess its been so long since I saw KMX on the shelf I forgot. LOL

Nice point about Coke just buying companies instead of innovating themselves.
However, now that I look at it Pepsi has done the same thing with Sobe and Quaker.
Remember Pepsi Isotonic? That was awful in my opinion but it did have some followers. I think a company out of Atlanta(??) bought the rights and de-carbonated it making it tast a little better.

Nick Laugher
12-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Pepsi Isotonic eh?
i'll have to look it up.

the saint
12-29-2005, 02:06 PM
I think he is refering to AllSport. Monarch Beverage is who bought it from Pepsi when Pepsi bought Gatorade.

greg
12-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Thanks "the saint" That is what I was talking about. For the life of me I couldn't remember the name.
I find it to be disgusting but like I said it had some fans out there.

pepsidew
12-29-2005, 07:21 PM
i hope vault fails big time :D

SURGE
12-30-2005, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by pepsidew:
i hope vault fails big time :D You mean worse sales than Pepsi's sadly rushed me-too MDX? Granted its really an energy drink but at those prices I'll go SoBe or Full Throttle. Face it MDX was cooked up after Pepsi realized that Vault the concept was a good one- whether or not the drink itself stands up to the potential is a matter of opinion. But everything I have read on here and seen on the streets and through Coke people all say the same thing. Vault is good- not to a few like SURGE, but really the kind of thing that could take its place as a major brand. Personally I don't think Dew is going to lose a ton of people to Vault- not when you consider the growth that brand has,Vault will however draw from other segments as well (especially Zero). But I think Pepsi itself has pretty much admitted alittle bit of anxiety through their rollout of MDX. In the end alittle ocmpetition won't be bad for Dew or the sector in general.

the saint
12-30-2005, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by SURGE:
You mean worse sales than Pepsi's sadly rushed me-too MDX? And Vault doesn't fall into this category of me-too huh??

pepsidew
12-31-2005, 08:57 AM
i dont think mdx was made because of vault - they are just trying to make more money off the energy drink craze - i really hope when vault does come out in my area that we start some serious mountain dew deals :D

[ 12-31-2005, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: pepsidew ]

halloaaryn
01-02-2006, 09:23 AM
ok, time for attitude.

So your saying Mt Dew got freaked out Coke was copying them (AGAIN) and hurried up and copied THEMSELVES because they were SSOOO afraid of the inpending Vault release?

HA! Obviously your brand loyalty has overshadowed your judgement.

that 30% quote earlier was laughable too. Are you kidding me with this?

I hope you will give up your pathetic little petitions and crap after Vault bombs. Coke may have listened once... but dont think it will happen again.

If you supply me with your email address, I will be more than happy to send you a big I TOLD YOU SO upon Vaults cancelation.

Cokes tried copying Pepai a million times. They arent very innovative and just make Pepsi look even better by attempts like this. Thanks Coke.

Originally posted by SURGE:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by pepsidew:
i hope vault fails big time :D Face it MDX was cooked up after Pepsi realized that Vault the concept was a good one- whether or not the drink itself stands up to the potential is a matter of opinion. But everything I have read on here and seen on the streets and through Coke people all say the same thing. Vault is good- not to a few like SURGE, but really the kind of thing that could take its place as a major brand. Personally I don't think Dew is going to lose a ton of people to Vault- not when you consider the growth that brand has,Vault will however draw from other segments as well (especially Zero). But I think Pepsi itself has pretty much admitted alittle bit of anxiety through their rollout of MDX. In the end alittle ocmpetition won't be bad for Dew or the sector in general. </font>[/QUOTE]

Dasani
01-02-2006, 09:06 PM
halloaaryn and pepsidew.
You both seem a bit testy about this Vault launch. Is it because its doing so well in the Test Markets?
Let me quote you some Data Bank numbers for Michigan.
Mt Dew Share down 26% 4 months after Vault Launch.
OK, dont believe that one, how about Nielson, Mt Dew share down 33% 5 months after Vault Launch. Pepsi has replyed with dropping the price on dew 44%, so if Vault is a flop, its costing your Frito Lay Company (Pepsi) a ton of money in not only lost sales, but also lost profits. Im sure you will make it up selling more Fritos. Good Luck

Mr Zabe
01-03-2006, 12:34 AM
.....and in a number of months the rebound customers who tried Vault, will not want to pay "average" pricing and go back to MD like a baby calf seeks his mother cow for nourishment.

I will bet (gentleman's) that MD's numbers regional and nation wide, in a year's time will actually increase by 2% or greater.

[ 01-03-2006, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

halloaaryn
01-03-2006, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Dasani:
halloaaryn and pepsidew.
You both seem a bit testy about this Vault launch. no, not testy although your little head game WAS fun though!

Im just TIRED of EVERYTHING Pepsi getting slammed constantly by delusional Coke fans who spin *anything* and *everything* to their advantage.

IF THE PRODUCT WAS *THAT* GOOD, YOU WOULDNT HAVE TO FIGHT THIS HARD.

Im sorry but theres nothing "original" about Coke these days.

SpaceGuy
01-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Mr. Zabe: my bet is that the entire Citrus category grows as a result of the Vault intro... even Mello Yello has been reinvigorated. A 2% increase in Dew with its current base is a really big strech (I don't see it). The real coup will be if a rise in per-capita CSD is experienced as a result of promotional activities.

SURGE
01-05-2006, 01:59 AM
I have said this for years, to literally generations of Pepsi fanboy's- Dew is not the only brand in this segment. Just because a drink comes out in that segment does not mean its a knockoff. If its taste(SURGE, VAULT) than I can hardly see how the Pepsi fanboys can spin Coke as having somehow ripped them off they taste very different. If Miller suddlen launched a cola I would hardly attack them as knockoffs- they are different products in the same category. Dew guys are always the worst on this- understandibly, they have owned the category for a long time.

On the topic of MDX being a knockoff- it is- Vault has been in the works according to stuff seen on SaveSURGE for atleast 2 years. All this time Pepsi has been talking garbage about how anything thats vaguely citrus is some me-too- then suddenly we hear about Dex-X test cans and suddenly a energy drink/ mainstream soda is a good idea. The line about drinks like a soda kicks like an energy drink is pretty much the same in both brands too, as is the unique packageing. Make no mistake Pepsi shot for Vault with MDX but didnt realize that the main draw for Vault is that it maintains the price of a standard soda. Sure its less energy- but its a value and its competition and yes its citrus but most non Dew fanboys can see the hypocracy in saying first that Vault/Surge taste nothing like Dew and then at the same time argueing they are a direct ripoff. Go back to the mother ship with the guys I was saying the same thing to a thousand posts ago. Everybody who has been here for years or on SaveSURGE knows I like alot of Pepsi's lineup past and present so give it a rest.

halloaaryn
01-05-2006, 07:46 AM
Whatever gets you through the night.

Like I said, if the product was THAT good, you wouldnt have to fight THIS hard.

the saint
01-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Member # 402

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2003 03:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well I tried it. The diet isn't too bad more or less on par with Diet VC. But the regular is jus syrupy not in a good way. Its pretty gross. Its always amazing when a company has a few years to copy something and still does a bad job....oh welll typical Pepsi sub-par junk.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 1041 | From: St. Paul MN USA | Registered: Apr 2000 | Logged: 172.142.127.132 |

SURGE

Member # 402

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2003 01:04 PM
It doesn't have the nice creamy flavor of VC nor does it have that sweet aftertaste. Its the kind of product I would expect from #2 a cookie cutter copy.

--------------------
Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.

Posts: 1041 | From: St. Paul MN USA | Registered: Apr 2000 | Logged: 172.144.153.135 |

Would this not be as you say "fan boy" comments. Or do you not recall writing these. I am sure I could find dozens more if I looked hard enough these were just on the first page of your "thousand posts ago"
I actually like the first on "Its always amazing when a company has a few years to copy something and still does a bad job"
Or does this only apply whenever Pepsi is making something? It seems as though when coke makes something to compete with a Pepsi product you say it is just another product in the category, but when Pepsi makes something it is a knock-off or a copy.

[ 01-05-2006, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

Bill Brasky
01-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Pepsi and Coke both stink!

LONG LIVE TOP POP!!!!!!!!

fusion
01-06-2006, 11:28 PM
Now there's a man who loves his sodey-pop.

CCE Girlie
01-07-2006, 07:04 PM
TAB Energy's Launch Date is Feb 7th, 2006. It's marketed towards the female market boasting a pink can and pink liquid.
For the first few months of production I heard stock is going to be limited.

Redford1967
01-12-2006, 06:35 PM
I just tried the full throttle fury yest. It wasn't bad at all. instead of that over copied citrus, it tasted more orange-like.

greg
01-13-2006, 01:49 PM
All I have to say about the TAB Energy drink is that I will alsways associate TAB as my Mothers Diet Drink that tatsted awful, especially to a kid.(i'm 40)
I understand the pink slim can targeting the women but the name is odd to me.
my .02

Mr Zabe
01-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Well said.

CStoreCatMan
02-03-2006, 12:49 PM
I have to agree with Greg there...I don't understand what connection Coke thinks they are going to make with female energy consumers who can't relate to the Tab brand name. Heck most of the die hard Tab drinkers are baby boomers!

As for Vault - I think a new entry into the citrus soda category is a good thing. Let's be honest - Dew has been all alone for over 30 years without any "real" competition. Let's see if Coke's 3rd attempt at a citrus does any better than its predecessors...Also, I find Coke's expectation of a 20%-30% reduction in Dew sales to be overly optimistic...