PDA

View Full Version : why so much?

just thinkin
02-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Why is it that energy drinks are that much more expensive than soft drinks, is it just because of the new trends or is it because they cost more to manufacture?

the saint
02-09-2006, 01:50 PM
I am sure they do cost somewhat more than soda to produce but the biggest factor is that people are willing to pay that much for them.

Breuvage .J
02-09-2006, 02:28 PM
The packaging is also an issue, the small 250 ml can is more expensive and only a few manufacturers make it including Ball ....

The only industry using the 250ml can is the energy companies, were as the 355ml can is used for the entire beverage industry ..beer, soda, juices , mineral water , etc ....

the ingrediants also are pricy, all the energizing products, taurine, g & g, and most of the other acids and chemicals as well as the flavoring .....

And the fad,the trend, Red Bulkl started the energy drink segment, and they did it well, the established the initial price, and it was high. They have a firm pricing policy, and they do not like, nor want there product to be sold at a discount......

So this has allowed new products to enter the market at a lower price point and still earn a very interesting return ( Profit ). No wonder the 2 actually 3 RB owner ar the local billionaires of there respectful countries ... Austria, Thailand....

Mr Zabe
02-09-2006, 03:05 PM
I agree. Fad products that have a "perceived" greater value than other products (Gatorade as an example) can charge more. In a sorta way,Fad products have a somewhat "snob" appeal.

Buying Fad products have a certain status other than the ingredients or materials that make up the product. I'm speaking for the average Fad energy drink...NOT people like us who are beverage conisours. LOL IMO

[ 02-09-2006, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Breuvage .J
02-09-2006, 03:31 PM
A products price is only limited to waht the average consumer is willing to pay....and as you have mentionned Mr. Zabe, fad products are snobish, people will pay that extra money to be associated to the marketing and the image of a product ..... the beer industry is the best example ..... why do people pay more for a Corona than any mainstream lager on the market ...because of the image, a clear bottle, and the lime in it ( or not ) ... but the beer itself has no taste .....

the saint
02-09-2006, 10:19 PM
OHH Corona does have a taste...I will refrain from telling you what I think it taste like though....LOL :D

DudeMan
02-15-2006, 12:03 AM
I personally can't stand people who buy antyhing just for image. Especially beverages! So you can afford to pay a dollar more for something that isn't worth it. Does that say anything about your wallet? No. About your mind? Yeah!

I'll drink a Heineken or Beck's over a local beer. But I actually prefer the taste and the buzz for some reason.

just thinkin
02-15-2006, 09:33 AM
I guess it all depends on what you want to drink as far as alcohol goes sometimes the more expensive stuff doesnt give you a headache and the cheap stuff does. Now that we have strayed from the original question about energy drinks lol.

Doug
02-17-2006, 05:31 PM
it's all image...people have an expectation for what certain things cost and accept the fact that energy drinks usually cost 2, 3 bucks...just look at the starbucks craze...people go in there expecting to pay 5 bucks for a cup of coffee

[ 02-17-2006, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Doug ]