PDA

View Full Version : Most Powerful Energy Drink OTHER than Redline

DudeMan
02-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Someone started a real good topic not long ago. Unfortunately, it turned into a huge Redline discussion. I'd really like to know what you guys find to be the strongest energy drink(s) on the market, whether 8.4oz or 16oz.

I don't wanna be rude, but if your reply is going to include the words Redline or Xtreme Shock, PLEASE REFRAIN from replying. I'm interested in all energy drinks other than those 2.

Thanks!

greg
02-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Why do you want to exclude Redline and Extreme Shock? If people feel they are one of the strongest energy drinks then why can't they say so?
Thats like asking what the fastest car is out there and then excluding Porsche and Ferrari.

Breuvage .J
02-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Extreme Shock and Redline are not available in Montreal are they ......if they are i have not seen them before ......

greg
02-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Redline is available in Canada. It is imported by Upper 49th Distributing 800-787-7038

Breuvage .J
02-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Thank you Greg , I will look to see if there are some on the shelves in my area .....but we already have approx 20 brands on the market in Quebec, and we are not a very mature market yet, therefor the sales for the little guys are duifficult . Especially to get shelf space, we are much different in terms of category management here in Quebec ....the big chain stores are not very open to new products that have not yet earned there shelf space ....
And RB has only been available since Aug 2004, so they are still growing ....but they have increased overall sales in the energy drink category by more than double ... i have a partner of mine who has a energy drink company called : BASE, and he is working hard to increase his sales and visibility, but RB has not hurt him, instaed they have helped creat awareness about the category ..... Rock Star has been introduced and i have no ides how they are doing in the Quebec market .....

Greg thanks for all the insight in the beverage industry...much appreciated ...

greg
02-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Breuvage J,
RB has only been in the States since 97. It sure seems as if this category is a lot older than that.

BTW, Your welcome and thanks for the compliment.

[ 02-09-2006, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: greg ]

DudeMan
02-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Redline is available in Montreal yes and you are correct that Upper 49th is the importer. HOWEVER Upper 49th, while a Health Canada Site License holder, is NOT authorized to import Redline. Redline is actually ILLEGAL in Canada (not approved bu Health Canada). Upper 49th will get nailed eventually. It's like having a license to import Tylenol and using it to import Percocet.

Anyway, I'm looking for the strongest brands in 8.4oz and 16oz cans.
Thanks!

ALLPRO
02-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Since Redline and Extreme Shock have to be "excluded" from this post, here is my opinion; Source Burn 2 is the strongest energy drink I have found that is in the same category as Red Bull, Monster, Rockstar etc..It has a great formula that I have not seen from any other manufacturer. Taste great as well.

Tons O' Fun
02-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Red Bull for me, unfortunatly it tastes like arse.

DudeMan
02-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Thanks ALLPRO. Source Burn 2 does seem to pack quite a buzz.
Tons O'Fun, how can Red Bull be stronger than most 16oz cans that essentially have double its formula?

greg
02-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by DudeMan:
Redline is available in Montreal yes and you are correct that Upper 49th is the importer. HOWEVER Upper 49th, while a Health Canada Site License holder, is NOT authorized to import Redline. Redline is actually ILLEGAL in Canada (not approved bu Health Canada). Upper 49th will get nailed eventually. It's like having a license to import Tylenol and using it to import Percocet.

Anyway, I'm looking for the strongest brands in 8.4oz and 16oz cans.
Thanks! Dudeman,
Check the label. We had to re formulate REDLINE to make it legal in Canada.

BTW, Since you are looking for the strongest in the 8.4 oz can we can count out RERDLINE. Considering that it is only 8oz it will not fit into your poll. However, I GAURANTEE you that there is not even a 16 or 23.5oz drink out there that is as strong as REDLINE.(and sugar free by the way)

[ 02-10-2006, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: greg ]

greg
02-10-2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks ALLPRO. Source Burn 2 does seem to pack quite a buzz.
Tons O'Fun, how can Red Bull be stronger than most 16oz cans that essentially have double its formula? Unfortunately many manufactures or drink creators don't understand the chemistry involved in making drinks. Many creators just throw in ingredients that promote energy without ever investigating their interactions with other compounds. Some formulations have multiple compounds that while on their own promote energy, but trying to work synergistically with other ingredients they tend to become neutralized.

DudeMan
02-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Very interesting point Greg. Can you name some combinations of compounds that neutralize one another?

BTW I will definately check out the Canadian version of Redline.

greg
02-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Any stimulant such as Caffeine, Guarana, Ginseng combined with Niacinamide or L-Arginine.
Stimulants are Vaso-Constrictors which increase heart rate thereby producing energy(in simple terms) While compounds like L-Arginine are Vaso-Dialators, they promote increased blood flow by "opening up" the blood vessels. If you put these compunds together they wil essentially "cancel" each other out.

CStoreCatMan
02-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Redline is not an energy drink as we are discussing here in the beverage forums...its a "thermogenic" beverage. BIG difference. Its virtually like comparing ephedrine and ginseng...what do you think is stronger?!?

I used to work in the nutrition/supplement business so I know what these products are like...I've used em!

greg
02-13-2006, 06:28 PM
The bottle says:
REDLINE
The Ultimate Energy Rush.

Well it looks like the makers think it is an energy drink.

It does have thermogenic properties to also effectively help you burn fat while using that energy it helps produce. But that alone doesn't make it "just" a thermogenic drink.

SumPoosieCat
02-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Redline is an extreme energy drink in every way. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.... it must be a duck!!! You drink Redline and it gives you energy....hmmm must be an energy drink! I know they market it a little different but that does not change the fact that it is a very strong energy drink. It may not quench your thirst but I guarantee it will give you energy.

CStoreCatMan
02-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Hmm...TTB must distribute Redline. Then I have a NEW "most powerful" energy drink that came BEFORE Redline!! I used it for working out ONLY...as that's what it was designed for. It's called "Ripped Force." This bad boy came in an 18oz bottle...but it warned you to not drink the whole thing at once...that's because you would be awake until the next day...EASY. In fact, if you drank even half a bottle after 2pm or 3pm, you would have a very hard time going to sleep that night. This thing packed more energy into 4oz than ANY size energy drink can today. It had EPHEDRINE in it...even though it gave you MAD energy...would you call it an energy drink? Even though it was designed to be "thermogenic" would you try to sell it as an energy drink? If so, its pretty sad that one would put their profits in front of the health and well-being of other people. That product (including many other products made with Ephedrine) were pulled from the market because they were too extreme...and dangerous! BUT THAT DRINK WHOOPED ANY ENERGY DRINK IN EXISTENCE TODAY. They now make it without ephedrine...but I haven't tried that formula.

DudeMan
02-14-2006, 11:10 PM
I was just curious, and this may be a stupid question but....since part of the definition of energy drinks in the US are "drinks that are commonly mixed with vodka".....has anyone ever mixed REDLINE with vodka or heard of anyone doing it?

ALLPRO
02-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Red Line: Scanning #2 in 7-11's Bay Area...No Joke. There is a new category boys & girls....you can choose to ignore it or embrace it! These "Extreme" Energy Drinks are for real! Redline is the Red Bull of these new Extreme drinks. Red Line is an ENERGY DRINK. Please don't try to "over think" on this topic
I have seen one "on premise" account serve Red Line as a mixer....They call it the "Freakin Puerto Rican" It is on the drink menu at the Sonora Bar & Grill

Red Sox fan
02-15-2006, 12:11 AM
My two cents:

Red Line may be on to something. Innovation in the energy category has been stale for a while.

No matter how much we like our own brands the truth is all new energy drinks, with subtle differences, have been dupilcates of REd Bull.

Rockstar, and to some extent Boo Koo deserve some credit for being the first to the 16oz and 24oz packages respectively. You could make the argument that both these companies brought something distinct and new to the category.

While both RS and BooKOO brought new packaging to the game, no one has really been truly innovative on the product side to date. Frankly I am not sure if this prduct is healthy for you or not..to me it sounds as if Red Line may be taking the stereo typical Energy Drink to the next level. Kind of like Genetically enhanced Red Bull or REd Bull on Steroids. This product innovation sets them apart by default whether you like the brand or not.

The other thing I like about REd Line is that while all the other brands are trying to maintain retail levels or even lower them, Red Line is out there knowingly raising theirs. If they establish themselves as the "Premium" energy drink, there are going to an awful lot of people who will pay a "premium" if to have what they believe is better or stonger. No one knows this concept of "perceived value" better than Red Bull Itself.

We can argue the health merits or detriments of this product all day. I am pretty sure that when Red Bull came out originally many of the same arguments were made. The fact that we are having the same conversations about Red Line that people did years ago about Red Bull should furhter prove my point that this is a product that is truly new and innovative.

I have no affiliation with Red Line for the record and just because I think their product and concept is good does not mean they are a sure bet to succeed. It's all about Distribution..Distribution..Distribution. But if I was a smaller Distributor looking for a relatively unknown Energy Drink that had potential..I would go with Red Line.

Red Sox fan
02-15-2006, 12:18 AM
and sorry Dudeman I totally forgot to read your request not to bring up Red Line at the begining of this board.

I hate it when people do that! my apologies!!

DudeMan
02-15-2006, 12:47 AM
Well....I guess the topic was unavoidable..

Wow...so it's being done huh....Vodka Redline?? For real?

Red Bull is only a year and a half old here in Canada and I have heard of a few people having to go the hospital after partying and drinking too many Vodka Red Bulls....RB even got in trouble with Health Canada for marketing their product so agressively to clubs (one of the many conditions to get market authorization up here for an energy drink is to clearly state on the label not to mix with alcohol).

I just can't beleive the effects that a few Vodka Redlines would have??

I think this product is dangerously expanding out if its intended category/market. I guess we'll see what happens.

DudeMan
02-15-2006, 12:53 AM
BTW...Red Bull is having their reps visit all their club/bar accounts in Canada and telling bartenders to now serve the Vodka in a separate glass or shooter and to give away the entire Red Bull can. The customer must now pour the can and make their own mix. Another bright idea from Red Bull lawyers. Less profit for bars who used to make several drinks with 1 can of Red Bull.

greg
02-15-2006, 12:58 PM
RedBull got into some trouble in the states for marketing RB with Alcoholic mixers. It had to pull all marketing that suggested or implied that you can mix RB with alcohol.

I know REDLINE does not suggest that its drink be used as a mixer in anyway. It is for energy.

The bad part about it is people will do what they want to do and there is nothihng a drink company can do about it.

Caveat Emptor!

However....I must say I did mix Redline with Vodka one night. I used half a can and had only one drink. The flavor of REDLINE is very inviting to any mixer.

SumPoosieCat
02-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Mixing Redline with Vodka is a very bad idea and not what the makers had in mind for a fitness product. It sickens me that people try to find a way to drink more... think of this crazy idea...drink in moderation or better yet don't drink at all!

JP QuikServ Drinks
03-22-2006, 09:07 PM
i know you said to exclude xtreme shock, but my vote is for xtreme shock.

and yes, i DO distribute xtreme shock. smile.gif ~

speed freak
03-24-2006, 07:01 PM
red line is the best drink ive had so far.
some people say it stops workin for you after your body get use to it.
well if that does happen to me i might even dry it up and sniff the powder :eek:

JordanE
03-25-2006, 02:59 AM
I know its going to sound weird but actually VAULT gives me a bigger buzz than most energy drinks i've had yet. For some reason I can drink a 24oz monster and sleep just fine but when I drink one 20oz vault I usally have truble sleeping. And not really effected by caffine much.

Anther good mix is 3 0.34 bottles of red ginseng, mixed with about 8oz of monster. The taste isn't great but it dose a good job at getting you wired.

JP QuikServ Drinks
03-26-2006, 02:59 AM
i hear this new drink Rage should be pretty good, where is the limit of caffeine we can put in drinks?

rage has a whopping 200mg. of caffeine in it per can! yikes!

greg
03-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by JP QuikServ Drinks:
i hear this new drink Rage should be pretty good, where is the limit of caffeine we can put in drinks?

rage has a whopping 200mg. of caffeine in it per can! yikes! I found this info. It may help.
Here's a list of products and their caffeine content according to NUTRITION ACTION HEALTHLETTER, Dec. 1996:

Product Caffeine Content
Coffee, grande (16 oz.), Starbucks 550 mg
Coffee, tall (12 oz.), Starbucks 375
Coffee, short (8 oz.), Starbucks 250
NoDoz, Maximum Strength(1), or Vivarin(1) 200
7-Eleven Big Gulp Cola (64 oz.) 190
Coffee non-gourmet (8 oz.) 135*
Excedrin (2) 130
Maxwell House(8 oz.) 110
Caffe Americano, grande (16 oz.), Starbucks 105
No Doz, Reg Strength(1) 100
Coffee, instant (8 oz.) 95*
Caffe Americano, tall(12 oz.), Starbucks 70
Caffe Latte/Cappuccino, grande 16ozStarbucks 70
Espresso, double (2oz), Starbucks 70
Water, caffeinated (Edge2O) (8oz) 70
Anacin(2) 65
Cola(20 oz) 60
Mountain Dew(12 oz) 55
Cola(16oz) 50*
Tea, leaf or bag (8 oz) 50
Caffe Americano, short (8 oz) Starbucks 35
Caffe Latte, short (8oz)or tall (12 oz) Starbucks 35
Caffe Mocha, short(8oz) or tall (12 oz) Starbucks 35
Cappuccino, short(8 oz) or tall (12 oz)Starbucks 35
Cola (12 oz) 35*
Espresso (1 oz), Starbucks 35
Tea, green or instant (8 oz) 30*
Chocolate, dark, bittersweet or semi-sweet (1oz) 20
Coffee, decaf, grande (16 oz), Starbucks 15
Tea, bottled(12oz) or from instant mix (8oz) 15*
Coffee, decaf, short(8oz) or tall(12oz), Starbucks 10
Chocolate, milk (1oz) 5*
Coffee, decaf, non-gourmet(8oz) 5*
Cocoa or hot chocolate(8oz) 5*
Espresso, decaf(1oz), Starbucks 5
Tea, decaf(8 oz) 5*
* Typical Value

Doug
04-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by JP QuikServ Drinks:

rage has a whopping 200mg. of caffeine in it per can! yikes! I know something that would kill Rage-Wired x294-294mg of caffeine...I'm a person who drinks a lot of caffeine daily, so I have quite a tolerance, but Wired x294 really does give me a nice buzz, and I've used it to wake up before on 3 hours worth of sleep and then not feel tired for the next 6 hours

DudeMan
04-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Where can I get more info on the Wired x294? Do they have a web site? Is it all caffeine or other stuff in there too?

stevenpeven
04-18-2006, 05:50 PM
This is their website http://www.wiredenergydrink.com/x294.htm

DudeMan
04-18-2006, 06:35 PM
I'm truly impressed by these Wired drinks. I like the packaging. Catchy layout, printed cases, colored tabs, and very ballsy potency.

Speaking of the potency, am I a wuss for thinking this product is dangerous? How is this product doing?

Having 1 can of this stuff is the equivalent of more than 3 Red Bulls in one sitting. 294mg Caffeine and 3000mg Taurine. At what point do these formulas become unsafe?

Doug
04-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Where can I get more info on the Wired x294? Do they have a web site? Is it all caffeine or other stuff in there too? Yeah, wiredenergydrink.com

I've ordered 2 cases of x294 from their website before and the stuff is great...the first time they sent me a free t-shirt and samples of some of their other products and bumper stickers, etc. because i was "one of their very first online customers"

My order i.d. was 000024 the first time and 000089 the second time (about a month apart), so it seems like this stuff is starting to catch on a little...I emailed cust service and they said that x294 was only available in c-stores in the Pacific Northwest, but they're hoping to branch out to other areas (it'll probably be awhile before they reach me on the east coast though, so that's a bummer....)

Doug
04-18-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm truly impressed by these Wired drinks. I like the packaging. Catchy layout, printed cases, colored tabs, and very ballsy potency.

Speaking of the potency, am I a wuss for thinking this product is dangerous? How is this product doing?

Having 1 can of this stuff is the equivalent of more than 3 Red Bulls in one sitting. 294mg Caffeine and 3000mg Taurine. At what point do these formulas become unsafe? It really depends on your weight and caffeine tolerance. I weigh 220 lbs, and the first time I drank this was on an empty stomach and I got quite a buzz...But since I've drank 2 cans within an hour on a full stomach and haven't any problems...besides being full of energy lol

brian 3000
04-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by TallThinBlonde:
Mixing Redline with Vodka is a very bad idea and not what the makers had in mind for a fitness product. It sickens me that people try to find a way to drink more... think of this crazy idea...drink in moderation or better yet don't drink at all! lol

you do realize your industry is half propped p on the backs of people who do this. This is like a cig exec being disgusted with kids smoking aftr marketing to kids for 30 years.

Ronan
05-17-2006, 03:23 AM

Having 1 can of this stuff is the equivalent of more than 3 Red Bulls in one sitting. 294mg Caffeine and 3000mg Taurine. At what point do these formulas become unsafe? Mixing so much caffine and Taurine is bad. Drink two of those, 6000mg of Taurine will basically cause you to collapse. And having over half a gram of Caffeine in such a case just makes it five times worse.

JSCNitro2Go
05-26-2006, 08:07 AM
If you want the absolute strongest drink on the market, try this one: www.drinksthatwork.com (http://www.drinksthatwork.com)

This one will keep you awake for hours. JSC

Tone
05-27-2006, 03:59 AM
super speed!

greg
05-31-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by JSCNitro2Go:
If you want the absolute strongest drink on the market, try this one: www.drinksthatwork.com (http://www.drinksthatwork.com)

This one will keep you awake for hours. JSC Yea Right. There is only 200mgs of Caffeine per bottle. That is just over 2 cups of coffee.
I tried theis and I got a small boost but not for hours and hours.