PDA

View Full Version : Powerful energy drink? Give me a break:

BottleBoss
02-12-2006, 07:41 PM
I never had an energy drink that I could'nt drink and them fall asleep right afterwards. They are all pathetic. :rolleyes:

Mr Zabe
02-12-2006, 08:08 PM
I have never tasted an energy drink that did not make me puke. :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

DudeMan
02-12-2006, 11:35 PM
BottleBoss you must be de-sensitised to caffeine. I always wondered who the hell 24oz's were invented for. I guess it's for people like you.
Most people in Canada don't finish their 16oz..

greg
02-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Most Energy drinks contain as much or a little more caffeine as does a cup of coffee.A little taurine, some feel ggod stuff like Glucuronolactone and PLENTY of Sugar.
Why this is considered an energy drink I do not know.

BTW, Studies from Australia suggest that the levels of caffeine in sugared energy drinks will help to store the sugar as fat rather than used as an immediate or potential energy source.

Mr Zabe
02-13-2006, 12:18 PM
IMO so called energy drinks are just liquid placebos that give the drinker a mind over matter boost. No more no less.

greg
02-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
IMO so called energy drinks are just liquid placebos that give the drinker a mind over matter boost. No more no less. Mr.Zabe, You know I respect you on many things but on this I will have to disagree with you. Most Energy Drinks will give the user some from of energy whether it be from the caffeine content or the outrageous suger content.
If most of the drinks are just liquid placebos then I think the American, as well as World Markets, would have caught on by now and the Energy Drink category would not be as HUGE as it is.

Mr Zabe
02-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Greg,
I do agree with what you say pretty much. smile.gif
I do believe that there are some real all though short acting elements to the "energy" boost that one gets form drinking an energy drink.

I also believe that along with the "boost"
induced by the ingredients there also are some
self severing prophecies of the drinker's
expectations of how the energy drink will work in their system.

Maybe we can agree on a balance of chemical and psychological elements can and does cause an energy boost?

The word placebo was not a good word to use. smile.gif

[ 02-13-2006, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

SumPoosieCat
02-13-2006, 07:40 PM
You dance a delicate dance with "energy drinks."
Too much "energy" is just that too much and not enough and you risk people like many of you saying things like, energy? what energy! Fact is this.. you want to "feel" something drink a REDLINE I promise you will "feel" it. You want a great tasting energy drink that you can mix or drink straight try SumPoosie. Will you "feel" it? you should but if you don't try one more... you'll feel it.

Seddrick
02-14-2006, 12:47 AM
You won't go to sleep after a full Redline playa

greg
02-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Greg,
I
I also believe that along with the "boost"
induced by the ingredients there also are some
self severing prophecies of the drinker's
expectations of how the energy drink will work in their system.

Maybe we can agree on a balance of chemical and psychological elements can and does cause an energy boost?

Agreed!