PDA

View Full Version : Why all the hostility toward XS Energy Drink??!!

Mr. Elekt
02-14-2006, 02:00 AM
I seem to be seeing a lot of negative toward XS Energy Drink. A lot of the comments come off as kind of ignorant. Are you sampling XS before you make the comments? Have you checked out the company or dealt with an IBO that represents XS before you throw out your claims that it is a pyramid scheme. A good place to start is thier website at www.xsgear.com (http://www.xsgear.com) . People put a lot of emphasis on "why don't they advertise . . . they could be #1 and make billions" We want to keep the personal touch in out "advertising". Why pay some celeb a few more million to endorse a product they will never use? WE endorse it because WE believe in it! WE are the people next door, that work with you, talk with you, not some celebrity that you would be lucky to meet some time. And to call the organization we all work with a "pyramid scheme", that is ludacris! I think some of our partners and endorsers, (Bill Gates & Microsoft, IBM, Barnes & Noble, Circuit City, Bass Pro Shop, leading author and authority on leadership training - John C. Maxwell and many more. . .)have a lot more to lose by being involved in a "pyramid scheme" than any normal Joe IBO that sells XS Energy Drink! Make Sence?!

I would love to read your comments!

greg
02-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Are you saying that Bill gates takes time out of his day to "AMWAY" XS drinks to his employees and business associates?

BevNET
02-14-2006, 09:04 PM
OK, ok, enough of this. For the record, you are at least the 30th IBO who has come on here trying to make this argument.

First of all, I would like to point out that your signature is a violation of Quixtar's rules. Expect an email from rules_administrator@quixtar.com in the near future.

So, to answer your questions:
1. Yes, we (those who run this site) have tried every XS product
2. Yes, we have dealt with IBOs (countless), Quixtar Corporate, the folks who run XS Gear, as well as the company that actually makes XS for Quixtar

Are those qualifications OK?

Anyway, here's why IBOs and XS take such a beating on this site:

1. There is no verifiable data to prove XS's success or lack thereof. You and every other IBO say that XS is #2...Prove it. Every other brand has IRI and AC Nielsen, but Quixtar does not.

2. Pyramid scheme? Fine, fine...The FTC investigated Amway in the late 70's and they figured out a way to appease the government. However, it is widely known that IBOs use "retail" rather than "personal consumption" when purchasing for themselves. This, in turn, means that many people are going to view Quixtar as a pyramid scheme as this is, well, the very definition of a pyramid scheme.

3. IBOs like to contradict themselves. In your case, you've pointed out that Quixtar would never hire a celebrity but then pointed out that Bill Gates etc endorse the product. So which is it?

4. Every IBO -- yourself included -- says the same thing. It's obvious that free thinking isn't part of the program. Many reference psycho babble about being "prosumers" or something else that was obviously fed to them.

greg
02-15-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by BevNET:
OK, ok, enough of this. For the record, you are at least the 30th IBO who has come on here trying to make this argument.

First of all, I would like to point out that your signature is a violation of Quixtar's rules. Expect an email from rules_administrator@quixtar.com in the near future.

2. Yes, we have dealt with IBOs (countless), Quixtar Corporate, the folks who run XS Gear, as well as the company that actually makes XS for Quixtar

1. There is no verifiable data to prove XS's success or lack thereof. You and every other IBO say that XS is #2...Prove it. Every other brand has IRI and AC Nielsen, but Quixtar does not.

2. Pyramid scheme? Fine, fine...The FTC investigated Amway in the late 70's and they figured out a way to appease the government. However, it is widely known that IBOs use "retail" rather than "personal consumption" when purchasing for themselves. This, in turn, means that many people are going to view Quixtar as a pyramid scheme as this is, well, the very definition of a pyramid scheme.

3. IBOs like to contradict themselves. In your case, you've pointed out that Quixtar would never hire a celebrity but then pointed out that Bill Gates etc endorse the product. So which is it?

4. Every IBO -- yourself included -- says the same thing. It's obvious that free thinking isn't part of the program. Many reference psycho babble about being "prosumers" or something else that was obviously fed to them. Nice Post!

JP QuikServ Drinks
02-16-2006, 01:25 PM
make no mistake, i have nothing personal against XS, i just feel it will not even be a blip in the radar come this spring and summer.

but who knows, prove me wrong Mr. XS.

Mr. Elekt
02-19-2006, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by greg:
Are you saying that Bill gates takes time out of his day to "AMWAY" XS drinks to his employees and business associates? What is "AMWAY" supposed to mean? They are/were a multi-billion dollar debt free company. They must have done something right. Oh, and by the way, I don't work for "AMWAY" .

Mr. Elekt
02-19-2006, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by BevNET:

4. Every IBO -- yourself included -- says the same thing. It's obvious that free thinking isn't part of the program. Many reference psycho babble about being "prosumers" or something else that was obviously fed to them. First of all as a member of the BevNet staff shouldn't you be impartial? Isn't that like the boss saying "I like coke, so that's all anyone can drink at work"? And, I did not say Bill Gates endorses the product, I said he endorses our organization, which many on this site seem to put down so readily.

so just out of curiosity, what makes all these othe brands like red bull, monster, rockstar, etc. so superior?

DudeMan
02-19-2006, 05:30 AM
They are superior in that they work to develop a product they think people will like, and then they promote it. If I want to buy a Monster, I walk into the store and buy one. If not, noone will ever bother me over it or try to push me into buying it.

Online shopping became so huge because people like to browse and buy what they choose to based on their own decisions, without any pressure. They don't want to deal with, among other things, annoying sales people. Quixtar IBO's are annoying salespeople.

BevNET
02-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Elekt:
First of all as a member of the BevNet staff shouldn't you be impartial? Isn't that like the boss saying "I like coke, so that's all anyone can drink at work"? And, I did not say Bill Gates endorses the product, I said he endorses our organization, which many on this site seem to put down so readily.That's a really strange response to what I wrote. You asked "why all the hostility?" and I believe that I directly adressed your points.

What's the difference between Bill Gates endorsing the product or the organization? You used it to bolster the case for the product -- which is the same thing that you attempted to poke fun at.

Honestly, your reply is yet another example of why people are hostile to IBOs.

Christian Prickett
02-21-2006, 02:25 PM
First of all as a member of the BevNet staff shouldn't you be impartial?BevNet has a flipping Crystal Pepsi for an avatar, what makes you think they are impartial to one drink over another?

This site is basicly a gathering of opinions. There isn't one opinion that is greater than the rest, there are many people who share opinions, but in the end they are just that, opinions. If you like your job as a IBO, screw what everyone else thinks. Do you need everyone to support you in the decisions that you make?

In my opinion, IBO's do not have the same structure as an ISO certified company or other organizations that are sucessful. I'd rather work with people in corporate america than risk so much that belongs to me in an IBO. That is my opinion.

Bill Brasky
02-21-2006, 06:22 PM
XS reminds me a lot of that ACN Company and their "sales force" with those Video Phones. Not making any friends fast, that's for sure.

Pyramid Scheme any way you put it. That is all. The product isn't even good which makes it even worse. Yes, I have tried them, and yes, I do not care at all for them. I am not afraid to admit which products are good....and not afraid to say what stinks either.

-d

Sadiestarz
04-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Ok...who is asking the dentist how to remove a brain tumor?? I say to you Mr. Administrator #5...you need to get the correct info before passing down incorrect information. This is suppose to be a message board for XS energy drinks among other drinks. Some people have obviously had a bad run in with someone affiliated with this organization. Sorry to you that has happened to. That does not mean that we are all like that, we are people who are working towards becoming financially free and all we want to do is take other people with us. We help all that want to be helped and the others go on about their usual ways. We are unusual as most of us are wanting a better financial future. Pyramid scheme? I don't think so...the definition for a pyramid scheme is as follows...no one can ever achieve more than the person above him/her. This is illegal and I don't think Disney, Circuit City, Bass Proshop, MCI, IBM or any other business affiliated would get into an illegal business. Now what do you think? Don't you think Disney has a couple of lawyers that have researched and checked into this? And just because IBM is affiliated with us, doesn't mean that Bill Gates drinks XS as I am not a fisher and I don't buy fishing poles from Bass Proshop. Get the picture? The whole thing is legality. Just because some one knew some one who heard that their uncle's aunt's mother in law did something like this 30 years ago obvioulsy hasn't gotten the correct info. Again I say...don't ask someone for info if they aren't affiliated.

Super Jay
04-05-2006, 07:29 AM
thanks for all the great info on your company. If you are so willing to help all that want to be helped, can you help just about everyone on this message board and take your three XS posts and leave.

Who Knows
04-05-2006, 10:02 AM
XS reps are the most defensive people in the world. I have encountered 4 in the past few years, and all you guys want to do is bash other energy drinks and put up the most defensive front I've ever experienced.

People don't like defensive people. Period.

And underneath it all--who care's about XS?

Lepke
04-05-2006, 11:02 AM
There have been at least a dozen threads about XS and why people can’t stand it.
Maybe if you want to know why all the hostility you should look at some of these very articulate posts.

We have been over this countless times over the years and many if not most of the people who post here are sick of you IBO’s pushing this crap here.

[ 04-05-2006, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

Sadiestarz
04-10-2006, 09:41 PM
I am not trying to "push the crap" like I am sure some others might be. My opinion is I like XS...among other energy drinks. I like several different brands...if you don't like it...don't buy it...like I am sure you aren't...I get a check from them with out your help...and I have never posted a negative thing about another brand and I am not trying to push a business on anyone. I am sure everyone defends things they like and put down things they don't. But the matter of the fact is..it is all personal choice and what you think tastes good. There are always going to be Coke drinkers telling Pepsi drinkers they suck for not drinking their choice. Just not sure how this whold XS thing turned so nasty.