PDA

View Full Version : Launching New Energy Cola

jextenz1
02-17-2006, 11:46 PM
I am hoping to get feedback from any one in the group. My Brother and I are launching a new drink called PRIMER its an enegry cola. We just won the trade make go ahead. Some larger companies tried to block us. In any case

So my question is what are the group thought on a modified cola?

We are in the 5 college area of MA should we try to distribute on our own to test the market? Or is that foolish?

Thanks. j

DudeMan
02-18-2006, 02:45 AM
I like the name. So what products will you be competing against? Jolt? Rockstar Cola? Any others?

Nick Laugher
02-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Energy Colas are something we need more of, good stuff.

jextenz1
02-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the reply. We have never tired Jolt? Rockstar Cola? But I assume they would be considered compeditors. to be honest our main goal is to break into the market and get picked up by a larger compeditor who can move quicker than us.

It actualy started as an alcohole energy drink, the but the cost of launch was to great due to regs. And I did not want to do the dog an pony to raise the capital as it takes forever as you know.

So we decided to go non-alcohole thus the cola. (Flash BAck) It kindof tastes like a very light lemon coke.

Nick, >Energy Colas are something we need more of, good stuff.

Its pritty good and test seem to do well in the college market. Do you have any idea if I should just go to a distributor and being that we are so new just get the product establihsed on our own.?

Nick Laugher
02-18-2006, 03:09 PM
I think you should try to get as much self promotion and product establishment as you can before you get a distributor, that way you'll already have somewhat of a name before they pick up your product and they'll be more likely to give you good treatment.

I run a beverage review magazine in Nova Scotia, Canada, and I'd like to review your product if it'd be possible. If I like it, I can pass it off to a couple of distributors I know around here. But at any rate, I really would like to review your drink, so if you can, drop me a line at nicklaugher@gmail.com .

Good luck in the future.

DudeMan
02-18-2006, 11:39 PM
If you're going to approach a distributor by writing them a latter, use a spell check ;)

What format are you using for Primer?

jextenz1
02-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Thanks Nick ,

Our co-packer is up your way so I will me more than happy to ship you a case fresh off the line.

DudeMan ,
Yes, I am a tech guy by trade and spelling skill are not sharp. But I have a staff for marketing and such.

In any case , we are runnning with 500 ML PET bottles. After reading more on here, I think for the time, we are not going to go after a distributor unless its a good deal for both of us.

The kids seem to like it in the college area here so I am going to have the staff really shine the image first.

thanks for you comments. Cool Board

Nick Laugher
02-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Thanks for letting me try your beverage, and good luck! I can't wait to review it!

fusion
02-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Using PET bottles for a carbonated drink will shorten your shelf life, roughly by six months.

Is there a specific reason why you are using PET, and not 16oz cans?

DJ HawaiianShirt
02-20-2006, 11:53 PM
My only suggestion is to actually make it taste like cola. Try not to stray too far from an honest cola formula.

SEV smile.gif

JP QuikServ Drinks
03-22-2006, 08:05 PM
i would like to know more about the product. i am a distributor in Long Island.

JPQuikServDrinks@aol.com.

ehinkes
03-23-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm in bschool and have some ideas for your product. Send me an email through my profile.

Seddrick
03-23-2006, 06:41 PM
How many calories???

Lepke
03-23-2006, 11:52 PM
ThatÂ’s what the world needs another energy drink. And we all know how well energy colas sell.

JordanE
03-25-2006, 01:37 AM
I'm also intrested in trying your product. Is there anyway to get some in vegas? Ifso please email me at JordanEgeland@blinkpointofviewDOTNET

[ 03-25-2006, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: JordanE ]