PDA

View Full Version : Fuze Beverages...Rest in Peace???

xslipknotx
02-23-2006, 02:17 AM
I was told today by the local distributor of Fuze that as of this week, Fuze is pulling brand from all local distributors and giving distribution to Cadbury Schweppes. This includes Fuze and NOS Energy. Anybody else hear the same?

Super Jay
02-23-2006, 02:23 AM
Nope!

I did not here that. I don't think that will happen any time soon. Fuze is much smarter than that. They have way too many big name distributors (Ex. Coke) that are doing well accros the US to make such a major move.

ALLPRO
02-23-2006, 10:48 AM
They use a few Cadbury Schweppes/7 Up Distributors in the Bay Area. From what I have gathered,they are not happy with them.

The Truth
02-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Coke is redoing Nestea and adding herbal teas to lineup.

This does not surprise me.

CStoreCatMan
02-24-2006, 02:38 PM
I haven't heard about Coke takin on Fuze...that would be news to me. But...if they did, it would probably be one of their smarter additions...anyone remember Mad River? LOL

SURGE
02-24-2006, 04:56 PM
I think it might not be a bad aquisition- as pointed out above Coke has opted to buy some real dogs and let some winners slip by (Gatorade).

The Truth
02-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Coke United sell a lot of Fuze.

Some times people on forget there are other parts of the country than where they live.

In some areas the indys are doing a good job.

the saint
02-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Great Plains CC is the highest volume Fuze dist in the country. I for one do not see it happening due to the spotty at best dist network that CS tends to have. Now if DPSU Bottling was nationwide it would be a different story.

fusion
02-27-2006, 08:17 PM
But a deal could come down like the Coke/Rockstar one, where some distributors would keep the brand.

There are some non-Coke distributors in the Northwest that kept Rockstar.

A product like Fuze does not need nationwide distribution to be successful.

DMC
02-27-2006, 08:52 PM
here at ozarks coca-cola, we have fuze, and it sell extremely well.

JP QuikServ Drinks
03-14-2006, 06:38 PM
i think that's crap, fuze does very well over here in the long island area, and NOS is also in lots of stores.

DMC
03-29-2006, 10:26 PM
NOS sells very well, and i have NOS in every C-Store i deliver to...which is 22 C-Stores.

fusion
08-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Apparently Philadelphia Coke is dropping Fuze.. it's now coming in under Victory Beverage, the Red Bull dist for this area.

http://www.victorybeverage.com/

reset man
08-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Fuze is a very slow mover in the upstate New York area. No news of any changes up here. The current Fuze distributor doesn't even bother carrying NOS energy.

MSUSodaGirl06
08-26-2006, 12:29 AM
I work for the local Faygo/Monster distributor and we sell Fuze in a very large territory. We have many stores who carry it, but several who do not move much of it on a regular basis. I have noticed that, in many cases, the placement in the cooler, when chosen by the store manager/owner, is very poor and moving it to the "eye to thigh" area improves sales immensely. But, there are some stores and areas that just do not sell much of it and probably never will regardless of placement, POS, etc. I do hope we keep Fuze because those people I know who drink it are big fans and would be very disappointed if it went away. I hope it keeps up in other areas so that it stays on the market!