PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Cooks.....Spoil The Pot!

LiquorboxLounge
02-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Now is it me or are there too many mediocre energy drinks being created and overly saturating the market. Sure, I know everyone wants to make a buck here and there. But this ain't no get rich quick scheme, at least anymore. It seems like every man and his dog is creating his own, and they just taste horrible. It has been along time since i've see the 'BOYS of BEVNET' give out any high marks to the newcomers.

fusion
03-01-2006, 12:20 AM
But we all know it was bound to happen. Everybody sees what Red Bull is doing, and they figure they can get a piece of that pie.

Unfortunately for the companies involved, it looks like a lot of them aren't doing their homework.

DudeMan
03-01-2006, 01:28 AM
Are they making money (the startups)?
Is it really profitable at least to some extent for everybody or are some people stuck with their production?

CStoreCatMan
03-01-2006, 02:38 PM
I think most retailers have had enough of the "me too" startup drinks. Several have created their own proprietary brands which they carry only with the A-list brands. Most won't go near an unproven startup brand unless it has some serious differentiation and appeal. Otherwise, they could care less about all the newcomers.

Lepke
03-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Back in 2000 I started collecting energy drink cans. About a year and a half ago I stopped.
If I were to keep collecting them I would have no place to sleep, they would take over my home… I think it’s gone far enough… must everyone come out with an energy drink???
Not one has been willing to put the money or effort into their brand.
Some of the brands out there are very good but it takes far more then a good product to succeed in the marketplace.

POP
03-02-2006, 05:19 AM
Hey fellas, I've been working with my flavor house for the past seven months perfecting the flavor of my soon to be announced brand.

My soda will be sweetened with 100% sucrose and is flavored with natural fruit extracts. Nothing more and nothing less.

Except for caffeine, the bitterness of the caffeine balances the sweetness of the sucrose, in my opinion. It also provides the same caffeine "bite" that most energy drinks have, but my drink does so without tasting like a bottle of robitussin/bubblegum aka ass.

Many of my friends say that they really enjoy the flavor, and it seems that the complete strangers that I approached with my samples have also been agreeing with my friends.

But it's the members on this board that scare the living redbull out of me. I hope very much to not disappoint you guys with my drink.

I have a limited amount of samples right now. I have about 30 cans left, so unfortunately I can't offer you guys a preview yet, however, I am offering those of you who helped me on previous threads (http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003061#000011)w ith a free "production" can. It's not much, but it's all I can offer for the meantime.

I'm anxiously waiting to keep you guys updated.
Thanks everyone!

Mr Zabe
03-02-2006, 07:17 AM
Dizz,
Outstanding news!!!!
So cool to hear that you are making progress to reach your soda pop dream. Keep up the good work. smile.gif When things calm down some and your brand gets launched (copy writted ect.) it would be so cool to see a picture of your line up.

Your doing good indeed. smile.gif
Zabe

POP
03-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Mr Zabe! Thanks for the support.
Quick question, do you know off hand how much pallets of RedBull and Coke are going for these days?
Distributor pricing of course.
Thanks,
D

Mr Zabe
03-02-2006, 02:58 PM
I don't even have an educated guess. I'm a micro consumer. LOL I'm sure our soda pop industry board mates will give you some numbers to kick around. smile.gif

POP
03-02-2006, 06:55 PM
I posted on another thread, however, it's been falling on blind eyes.