PDA

View Full Version : 24oz resealable cans

CCE Girlie
03-03-2006, 11:18 PM
So has anyone seen the new 24oz resealable Rockstar cans? That is insane?!

LiquorboxLounge
03-03-2006, 11:33 PM
This sounds like more of a Rockstar Promotion to me!

LBL

CCE Girlie
03-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Actually, I was told that other energy products (I will not mention) will be soon coming in this size can.

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-04-2006, 12:03 AM
I ordered two cans of Jolt products from sodafinder a while back, so that instance is the only time I've spent with these cans.

They indeed are insane, and I'll tell you there is not a more satisfying feeling and sound than opening up one of these babies.

But I can't imagine how much more money these things add to products. And I'm tired of 20oz drinks anyway, I think we need to downsize our soda servings, although Zabe might disagree with me.

SEV :D

CCE Girlie
03-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Well, I think of it this way, it is in my opinion that for best taste, energy drinks should be very cold when served. By the time you get to the bottom of a 24oz can it will be warm. So waste will happen, then people will ultimately by a smaller can anyways?! SO I don't understand---maybe someone can explain to me??

Mr Zabe
03-04-2006, 12:22 AM
Agreed about the warming factor. That's why when I'm in a serious soda pop mode, I use frozen can holders. LOL I have a pair I picked up about 15 years ago and they are still working quiet well.

It's funny,I'm not always a high volume drinker. I do however love soda pop ice cold right before it starts to form ice crystals. YUM Nothing like the taste and mouth feel of an ice cold soda pop. smile.gif

[ 03-04-2006, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

CCE Girlie
03-04-2006, 12:26 AM
Wow, I can hear the pleasure in your typing! ;)

Mr Zabe
03-04-2006, 12:36 AM
It's fun to share stuff on this board. Tks smile.gif

the saint
03-04-2006, 07:04 AM
I think that the resealable can is a good idea, however not on a 24 oz energy drink. It probably will be a dust magnet. The cost of the can along with the size will price itself out of competition. I do not think that it is intended to be consumed in one sitting, hence the resealable lid. Most energy drinks have some carbonization to them so the lid would help it from going flat while it is placed back in the fridge.
Who knows maybe one day energy drinks will be so commonplace they will come in 2 liters. I wouldn't want to see the price point on a 2 liter though, talk about sticker price shock!!!
:eek: :eek:

ALLPRO
03-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Monster has been using the re-sealable 24oz.can for awhile

10*2*4
03-04-2006, 12:49 PM
The larger can is anything but a "dust magnet" in this market. The main problem is even getting enough product. Always having out-of- stock issues. Many retailers are showing a 50/50 split between the 16 and the 24 oz packages.

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by ALLPRO:
Monster has been using the re-sealable 24oz.can for awhile Is that right? I haven't seen a trace of one.

This country has a problem with the "bigger is better" mentality. When energy drinks first came out, they were small because they sometimes used more ingredients, but also to limit the consumer's caffeine intake.

But then companies figured that if 16oz cans were made, people would still drink them. Then companies like BooKoo came along and started pushing 20oz cans. This is getting ridiculous.

I don't want my drink to have 600 calories and 2 cups-of-coffees-worth caffeine in it. I'm not a giant. I think energy drinks should be kept to 8oz, or maybe even 12. It's funny how energy drinks totally skipped the 12oz mark. lol

SEV redface.gif

DudeMan
03-05-2006, 06:11 PM
24oz Jolt Blue is flying off shelves up here in Canada. It's doing well in rural areas where kids want the most bang for their allowance-buck. Up here adults drik 8.4oz, and kids/teenagers drink 16oz+. The kids want more for their money and they also love the way the 24oz cap can opens and pops.

By the way the format must be doing extremely well because the 24oz resealable can's maker cannot supply enough for the demand. They have a back-list of interested companies to contact when the production capacity increases.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-05-2006, 10:17 PM
the one time that i bought a Jolt Blue in the battery can, i was driving and i popped the top off and the loud POP! scared the heck outta me...

DudeMan
03-06-2006, 12:05 AM
DJHawaiianShirt: Some energy drinks do come in 12oz Sleek. The problem with that format is that the cost of production is higher mainly due to ingredients, however the retail price point is the same as the 8.4oz. Therefore it's just not that profitable for companies to market their drink in 10.5oz or 12oz Sleeks. With 16oz it's almost double the volume therefore a higher retail price point or one equal to that of Red Bull is justifiable.

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-06-2006, 01:21 AM
Interesting stuff, DudeMan, thanks.

DJHS

POP
03-06-2006, 06:31 AM
I was going to implement the rexam 12oz sleek but had to refuse it because the copacker couldn't accomodate sucrose, only hfcs.

It's too bad because the 12oz sleek is a nice can.