PDA

View Full Version : History

gorilla
03-07-2006, 08:11 PM
does anyone know where i would be able to find any information on the history of energy drinks? Possibly in the US. I do knkow that Jolt started the trend in America, and was followed up by Red Bull. I am doing a speech on energy drinks for school, and instead of doing harmful effects(because i love energy drinks)i did the history.

Please help.

gorilla

Mr Zabe
03-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Do a search on Google.

Try searching:

Energy drinks history
History of energy drinks

Good Luck

[ 03-07-2006, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

redchucks219
03-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Bacchus was introduced in 1963 and claims to be the first energy drink in the world if that helps.

Bacchus (http://www.bacchusenergy.com/)

Lepke
03-09-2006, 05:53 PM
“I don’t know much about history,” I can tell you Jones whoop ass, Hansen’s and red devil were here before red bull. By here I mean in the United States.
There were others too like Go Go.
Oh yea and XTC too…. Jolt was just a cola with all the sugar and twice the caffeine.

[ 03-09-2006, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

The Truth
03-10-2006, 06:57 PM
RC Edge a long time ago....Way ahead of its time.

the saint
03-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by The Truth:
RC Edge a long time ago....Way ahead of its time. I remember selling edge years ago. It was a good soda. I would bet that if reintroduced today it would survive. I concur that it was way ahead of its time.

CCE Girlie
03-11-2006, 12:59 AM
Well, you could say in the history of energy drinks, Tab Energy is the best! Well, in my opinion! Hehe.
But really, you could say it is the first energy drink marketed towards women.

the saint
03-11-2006, 05:41 AM
I will go out on a limb and say that it probably wasn't the first at being marketed towards women, but I am sure it is the first at a national level. I will also say that Tab Energy must have some weird stuff in it, I caught the edge of a case in a back room the other day with a 6 wheeler and busted one of the cans and that stuff has a peculiar smell. It doesn't smell like other energy drinks, and NO I do not go around busting them just to find out.

Ron Swedelson
03-11-2006, 05:46 PM
“I don’t know much about history,” I can tell you Jones whoop ass, Hansen’s and red devil were here before red bull. By here I mean in the United States.
There were others too like Go Go.
Oh yea and XTC too…. Jolt was just a cola with all the sugar and twice the caffeine.

Did I read that right? Thoes drinks were not here before Red Bull. Red Bull came out in 97 in Santa Cruz and Lake Tahoe, CA. Hansens came later in 97 if not early 98. Jones Whoop Ass did not come out untill 1999.
The original Energy Drink was White Shark made by Osoitspa in Thailand. It was originaly a tonic for disentary for the Japanese troops durring WWII. Hype Came out in 97 in the US, Red Devil came to the US in 98 also.

Lepke
03-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Sorry Ron I guess I was thinking east coast. The west coast or should I say left coast is like another planet to us.

Tons O' Fun
03-11-2006, 08:40 PM
RC Edge. Pepsi has a Pepsi Edge. Isnt that a violation of Copyrighted material or Registered Trademark or something?

Nick Laugher
03-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Hype was introduced in 96 in the UK

the saint
03-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Tons O' Fun:
RC Edge. Pepsi has a Pepsi Edge. Isnt that a violation of Copyrighted material or Registered Trademark or something? probably doesn't matter since both are long gone.