PDA

View Full Version : Redbull Illegal?!

CCE Girlie
03-08-2006, 09:47 PM
I have heard from many that Redbull is illegal in France due to the bad side effects on the heart. Is this true?

bullman
03-08-2006, 10:10 PM
To be honest, I'm not sure that Red Bull has any effects, other than maybe placebo. I like to think I grow wings every time I drink it, and sometimes I go along with the hype just to promote the product, but I really don't think it has any effect on me. Maybe I'm just immuned to caffeine?

[ 03-08-2006, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: bullman ]

Mr Zabe
03-08-2006, 10:48 PM
I pretty much agree. I'm just a goofy as the next person. You know Mountain Dew gets me revved up along with Diet Pepsi but I know it's more mind over matter. There is an old saying that says "If you will it, then it's no dream". I think soda pop works that way too.

I always feel satisfied when I drink an ice cold A list soda pop. Funny but a good cold soda pop always makes me feel ready to take on the day. smile.gif

[ 03-08-2006, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

DudeMan
03-09-2006, 12:18 AM
CCE Girlie: France has always banned Red Bull and its clones, for several reasons. They claimed to have studies proving that the ingredient combination was danegrous. There were some Red Bull related deaths in Sweden and Ireland (one teenager had 5 Red Bulls before a basketball game and collapsed and died on the court). They also fed Taurine to rats and noticed very bizarre behavior such as nervousness and self-mutilation.

Energy drinks, including Red Bull, were legalized in France however, sometime last summer I beleive. Their legal limit for every ingredient is that contained in Red Bull. This makes for a quite pathetic energy drink market consisting of Red Bull and Red Bull knockoffs. This is actually the case of every energy drink I've seen come out of Europe.

Speaking of this: Has anyone ever heard of an energy drink in Europe that is NOT a Red Bull clone? Any 16oz's down there or original/interesting/creative ingredient combibnations?

upinarms
03-09-2006, 10:13 PM
I also heard they banned any sort of beverage that contains vitamins. Not sure how true it is, but strikes me as odd. However, this IS France we're talking about here.

Lepke
03-09-2006, 10:20 PM
They do drink Mecca cola over there. The radical Islamic version of coke

DudeMan
03-10-2006, 05:34 AM
France is paying and will continue a to pay a very heavy price for their rejection of Americanism. Mecca cola only exists in France due to their massive muslim/arab population. The french are afraid of their own muslim immigration. They are really in deep s**t. They are behind technologically and economically, because they thought that they could be well off without US products and trends. I don't want to turn this into a political thread, but it is my sincere opinion that France is one of the most pathetic countries in the world.

Brainy
03-10-2006, 05:46 AM
Leave the french women alone! They are georgous.
Just Kidding Dudeman.
CCE Girl, is Monster allowed in France?
Is Rockstar allowed in France?
Full Throttle?
AMP?
I may be very wrong but I think its the same reason (what ever that reason is).

DudeMan
03-10-2006, 08:07 AM
Rockstar claims to be in France (Paris). I'm curious what formats they have there and ingredient formula? Anyone know? I've never seen a 16oz come out of Europe.

Brainy you are mixed up: French Canadian (Quebec) women are gorgeous. Not French from France! These are 2 different people.

BottleBoss
03-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Why does France need Red Bull anyway? The french are usually jerks. If the don't want to be Americanized then leave them alone.

Brainy
03-10-2006, 10:55 PM
DudeMan, you are absolutely correct. Quebec women are gorgeous.

bevmaster
03-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Hi Guys,

What a topic.... :eek: :eek:
Ok, i'm French, i live in France and i work in the beverage Industry so let me answer to all your questions concerning my f.....g country :D :D

REDBULL is illegal in France?

Yes, RB is acually not sold in France. The only reason Redbull is not in France is because of Taurine presence inside the beverage. The french sanitary regulation in 2003 have found Taurine dangerous is some aspect. Nevertheless, things are changing and the French laws will probably autorize RB this year in France because of lobbying. Caffeine is autorized in France that's why we found many energy drinks. Dark Dog is actually the brand number 1, Burn from Coke is number 2. We find also Hype, Bomba, Pepsi X etc... with an amount of Caffeine at 320mg per liter. RB did not want to change its formula that's why they are not actually in France. The energy drink market in France is quiet new (maybe 3 years) and try to grow every year but you don't have a real number one , a brand able to put money to advertise or communicate that's why Red Bull is expected.

Is ROCKSTAR in France? In Paris?

Not Yet. And they also have Taurine inside so it's gonna be very difficult. I've meet the guy from Rockstar in November at Anuga Fair in Germany. They had a very big stand to promote Rockstar in Europe. He told me that they have plan to launch in Holland and Germany. The main problem is for me that Europe is not actually ready for 16 ounce cans, it's very different from the USA. We are used to 8 oz slim can like Red Bull or others.Launching a bigger size is for me like to create a new category... :rolleyes: very risky..

Mecca cola only exists in France due to their massive muslim/arab population

Wrong Mecca Cola is actually sold in many many countries website (http://www.mecca-cola.com)
They also have created a category... You are free to think what you want ;) They have increased a lot their sales 2 years ago but now it's very difficult for them.. You have heard a lot about them because of the press feedback but even in Paris it's very difficult to find Mecca Cola everywhere. They are not in supermarkets for example and their sales are not huge... The brand is too radical for me.

Ron Swedelson
03-11-2006, 06:50 PM
I like how we are talking about how if France doesnt want to be Americanized and take Red Bull...when Red Bull is a European thing...heck...Down with France anyway

CCE Girlie
03-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Brainy:
Leave the french women alone! They are georgous.
Just Kidding Dudeman.
CCE Girl, is Monster allowed in France?
Is Rockstar allowed in France?
Full Throttle?
AMP?
I may be very wrong but I think its the same reason (what ever that reason is). I don't know for sure, I have only heard about Redbull.

PopNutz
03-13-2006, 07:08 PM
I could be wrong here but isn't Kellogg cereal's banned in France?

DudeMan
03-13-2006, 11:26 PM
I think Mecca Cola should be banned in France just because the brand/company/owners promote hate and radicalism. But then again it's too late now. Doing that will provoke another revolution of the "youths" like they had in France last summer. So pathetic.

Ron Swedelson
03-14-2006, 12:30 PM
What do they do that promotes hate and radicalism?

leisuredrummer
04-20-2006, 03:42 AM
Is France still on Earth? Just curious...

Spartan Dan
04-20-2006, 11:19 AM
I have an old friend in France. Ill make sure to give her a call.

EnergyGermany
04-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by DudeMan:
CCE Girlie: France has always banned Red Bull and its clones, for several reasons. They claimed to have studies proving that the ingredient combination was danegrous. There were some Red Bull related deaths in Sweden and Ireland (one teenager had 5 Red Bulls before a basketball game and collapsed and died on the court). They also fed Taurine to rats and noticed very bizarre behavior such as nervousness and self-mutilation.

Energy drinks, including Red Bull, were legalized in France however, sometime last summer I beleive. Their legal limit for every ingredient is that contained in Red Bull. This makes for a quite pathetic energy drink market consisting of Red Bull and Red Bull knockoffs. This is actually the case of every energy drink I've seen come out of Europe.

Speaking of this: Has anyone ever heard of an energy drink in Europe that is NOT a Red Bull clone? Any 16oz's down there or original/interesting/creative ingredient combibnations? Hi , you are right Red Bull was banned in France, and this is still the case as it is in Denmark and other European contries because of the coffein content. Regarding you question of 500ml energy drinks there is no market in Europe for this size of energy drink. For me a clone is an energy drink which has an animal name on it but there are some like http://www.effect-energy.com or pure energy which are very stylish, acutally effect is the nr 1 in the ontrade in germany at the moment.

Lepke
04-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Here in the United States many people call a drink “a red bull clone” when it taste like a European energy drink.

Most American energy drinks taste completely different.

And sorry to tell you but effect energy drink looks very generic for this market.
Put a can of effect on any shelf in any cooler and no one here would buy it.

I’m sure the product is good but the style of the can looks like someone made it in his or her basement.

[ 04-27-2006, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

EnergyGermany
04-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Hey Lepke, please don´t misunderstand it, I do really accept your opinion, but EFFECT has won the 2004 London Design award, the 2003,2004,2005 Top Drinks award in Germany.... the design is puristic in Europe Paris, London , Berlin this is a mega trend....to go for puristic designs....In Germany there are about 300 energy drinks and it made it to become Nr. 2. And finally it´s sold big style in Asia, Eastern Europe ....in about 40 countries.

But I do agree the American cosumer is very different ....things like Monster, Rockstar or many others would not sell in Europe but do well in the States

Lepke
04-29-2006, 05:15 PM
I have no doubt that Effect is an outstanding product. While I have never tasted it I’m sure it’s excellent and I would enjoy it.

But people here will judge a book by its cover and it just looks too plain for this market.

You have amazing packaging options.