PDA

View Full Version : Bacchus

redchucks219
03-09-2006, 05:36 PM
i was reading through energy drink reviews when i saw this review for Bacchus (http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/bacchus/)

But recently at an Asian import market i found Bacchus-F
http://www.chicagofood.com/image/p_image/Dong%20A%20Bacchus%20F%20Energy%20Tonic.jpg
Anyone know what the difference is?

Thanks

POP
03-10-2006, 07:24 AM
The pic that you posted, those 3oz bottles aren't carbonated.

I remember when I had my first Red Bull ever, RB pretty much tastes like a carbonated Bacchus.

I prefer Bacchus to RB, only problem is the bottles are only 3oz.

Lepke
04-22-2006, 12:01 PM
This is how energy drinks came before the mad Austrian got involved.
In Asia these little glass bottles are the norm and have been for many years.
Long before Red Bull came out in Austria it was a popular drink in Thai land.
Over there the product is called “Krating Daeng” and translates as red bull sort of.
The original Thai product is stronger and contains some ingredients the Austrian does not.
I don’t know the difference between the original Bacchus and the carbonated canned version. All I know about it is that Bacchus has been in Korea for decades.

DudeMan
04-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Are they really only 3oz? I think it says 5.3oz. That would make more sense. I know KratingDaeng comes in 5.07oz bottles.

Spartan Dan
04-22-2006, 01:54 PM
The bottle isnt much of an attention grabber either. I mean look at that Lost Energy drink. Its the strangest can ive ever seen. So I felt obligated to try it out.

Lepke
04-22-2006, 02:07 PM
I have seen Krating Daeng in 3 sizes and have all 3 in my collection two in glass and one in a can. All un carbonated.

As far as the size my collection is in boxes in the garage and I don’t remember the sizes.

DudeMan
04-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Yup you're right. The most common being exported is the 150 ml bottle. They also have an even smaller 100 ml or so bottle and a short & fat 8.4 oz gold aluminum can.

Lepke
04-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Asian markets in the New York and New Jersey area have ample supplies of Krating Daeng and many other Asian energy drinks.

The price is just outstanding compared to the western version. It’s $5 - $6 for a ten pack of glass bottles of Krating Daeng.

I spoke to the buyer for an Asian supermarket chain around here and he says if I take it by the cases it will cost me like $4.00 per ten pack. I don’t remember the exact price he gave me per case.

I was thinking of selling it to some of my customers but I figured if they found out they could buy it retail cheaper then I was selling it to them wholesale they would get pissed.

greg
04-23-2006, 04:26 PM
I was across from Bacchus last year at the NACS show. The only package that they had at the show was an 8.4 oz and a 16oz. They didn't have any of the 3 oz size there.
The guys were nice and very friendly. They even gave me a pack of Bacchus beach balls for my daughter.