PDA

View Full Version : Question About Getting Locations

bullman
03-12-2006, 03:35 PM
I've been told that the machines I will be ordering will ship within a couple of days after I place the order. That said, would you all recommend finding locations first then ordering the machines and place them as they come in? That seems like the best way to do it as long as the machines ship when they're supposed to. Does anyone else order machines and product only after they have found a location to place the machine?

just thinkin
03-12-2006, 04:21 PM
I guess that would all depend on how much storage space you have. I would look for locations right away and as you find them maybe give yourself extra time like another week or two just in case you dont get them as promised, Also that way if you found multiple locations you can knock em all out in a day and will not have to keep on renting a truck and such

Red Bull Vendor
03-12-2006, 06:05 PM
if these are coming for CC you have about 7 weeks to wait, believe me!!

bullman
03-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by just thinkin:
I guess that would all depend on how much storage space you have. I would look for locations right away and as you find them maybe give yourself extra time like another week or two just in case you dont get them as promised, Also that way if you found multiple locations you can knock em all out in a day and will not have to keep on renting a truck and such That's pretty much what I had in mind. Seems like most people would allow at least a week or two if they know the machine that will go in is on order. I think I'm going to have a moving company transport the machines.

mwhite
03-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Be very careful taking creative concepts word on anything. I wouldn't trust a delivery date until I had a shippers tracking number and contacted them independently.

bullman
03-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by mwhite:
Be very careful taking creative concepts word on anything. I wouldn't trust a delivery date until I had a shippers tracking number and contacted them independently. That is great advice, however, I'm going through Primevending.com and using a mult-product machine and not through Creative Concepts.

I hear what you're saying though. I have no idea how reliable Primevending.com's source is for shipping. I was curious, though, if anyone else started out getting locations, then ordering machines once they get their locations lined up. As long as the machines are on hand and shipping when they say they do, it seems like the best way to do it. Is or has anyone else done it that way, or do you just buy however many machines and then get locations once you have the machines?

Mr Zabe
03-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Just my two cents.
When I ordered boxes of merchandise or a machine used in our previous company; I pretty much demanded the shipping information. It was give me the name and address of the shipper your going to use or I will not place the order.

Why? I needed to know how to contact the shipper and keep the new/first order (new vendors)in "play"; I would contact the shipper(usually a trucking freight company) and establish a contact.
I would call the contact after the promised shipping date to make sure the freight was in the system and get and estimate delivery date.

I did all this to make sure I was getting the service/deal I was verbally promised. I learned in business, talk is cheap and good follow up can save your as$. smile.gif

[ 03-14-2006, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]