PDA

View Full Version : Today was the first time I tried Full Throttle

Doug
03-18-2006, 12:38 AM
and I'll have to say I'm disappointed, it's rather bland and is crushed in taste by Rockster IMO

DudeMan
03-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Really, up here Rockstar is just an overcarbonated Red Bull. I find Full Throttle, while having a classic/generic citrus taste, doesn't have as generic a taste as Rockstar.

Full Throttle up here only has 141mg Caffeine, 1892mg Taurine, B2, B3 & B6. Rockstar on the other hand has the equivalent of 200mg Cafffeine (including Guarana) and a ****load of other stuff. I always wondered why coke came out with such a wimpy formula for Full Throttle. They're marketing and avertising it as such a "manly" drink but it's actually not near as potent as Rockstar, Lost, Monster & No Fear.

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-19-2006, 12:16 AM
I agree with the DudeMan.

Full Throttle's taste is completely unique, which I believe one cannot say for the other more popular energy brands.

I especially like Full Throttle Fury, which is at least twice as good as the original.

DJHS

Doug
03-19-2006, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by DudeMan:
Really, up here Rockstar is just an overcarbonated Red Bull. I find Full Throttle, while having a classic/generic citrus taste, doesn't have as generic a taste as Rockstar.

Full Throttle up here only has 141mg Caffeine, 1892mg Taurine, B2, B3 & B6. Rockstar on the other hand has the equivalent of 200mg Cafffeine (including Guarana) and a ****load of other stuff. I always wondered why coke came out with such a wimpy formula for Full Throttle. They're marketing and avertising it as such a "manly" drink but it's actually not near as potent as Rockstar, Lost, Monster & No Fear. I always thought Rockstar was 150mg caffeine...

Oh well, I prefer Wired X294 over all of them

Doug
03-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by DJ HawaiianShirt:
I agree with the DudeMan.

Full Throttle's taste is completely unique, which I believe one cannot say for the other more popular energy brands.

I especially like Full Throttle Fury, which is at least twice as good as the original.

DJHS Haven't had fury...FT almost tastes like a diet drink to me, it seemed to have a funny aftertaste

bullman
03-19-2006, 03:39 PM
I think Full Throttle is nasty. In the 16 ounce crowd, Monster is much better IMHO but still is too carbonated. Red Bull has it right.

EntreEnergy
03-19-2006, 03:42 PM
I don't like full throttle myself, but can see that others might. I like monster but get tired of it after a week.

I think if anything fades out in the energy drink sector its the 16oz+ sizes. I can't drink rockstar and dickens cider anymore because I am tired of it.

DudeMan
03-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Doug you are right. Rockstar does have 150mg synthetic caffeine. However it also has 400mg Guarana which I assume is 10% standardized and adds another 40mg caffeine. Total = 190mg.

Doug
03-20-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by DudeMan:
Doug you are right. Rockstar does have 150mg synthetic caffeine. However it also has 400mg Guarana which I assume is 10% standardized and adds another 40mg caffeine. Total = 190mg. FT also contains Guarana Extract too, I believe...and while Guarana breaks down 10% to an alkaloid very similar to caffeine, it is not the same chemical equivalent that is added synthetically to soft drinks

SURGE
03-21-2006, 01:00 AM
FT is pretty solid stuff and I agree about the unique flavor. Fury on the other hand is just not my kinda thing.