PDA

View Full Version : Do Women Consume Energy Drinks?

bullman
03-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Just wondering if locations consisting mostly of women would be worth pursuing. Anyone have any experience with female-dominated demographics?

greg
03-21-2006, 10:51 AM
I find that most states have laws barring Energy Drink sales to women.

C'mon, do women drink Energy Drinks?????? Well if Coke did a market research test and came up with the idea of marketing an Energy Drink especially to women and called it Tab Energy, that would tell me that YES, women drink energy drinks.
However, I don't think anyone has come up with an effective marketing tool to address the needs of women and their energy drink decision making cues. Tab Energy, in my book made the whole Tab Energy drink to light and portrayed a sense of solace when you drank it. Women need energy as much if not more than Men these days because of the pressures put on them by Society to do it all!

bullman
03-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Well I was just wondering if the energy drink segment is something that appeals to the "push it to the limit" mode guys oftentimes see as desireable. You know, maybe like adding a little bit of testosterone to the diet, so to speak. In a way, I wonder if that's why they came up with the name "Red Bull", to imply that men can be manly men by drinking it. Plus, the taste of these drinks seems less appealing to women because they don't have that "soda pop" flavor as much as the Diet Pepsi their used to.

EntreEnergy
03-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Women are a much much smaller segment than men. I think I had the % at one point but cant remember- but it is much smaller. The competitive nature of men increase energy drink consumption. Of course there are woman who drink energy drinks, hence tab, but you won't find nearly as much sales if you put ur red bull machine in a teachers lounge etc.

Women also don't consume like men...if you do find a female who drinks energy she will most likely not consume 2,3,4 like some men do

DudeMan
03-21-2006, 04:11 PM
I know of 2 women who drink up to 3-4 Red bulls/day. They are both managers of a retail store and work long shifts.

greg
03-21-2006, 04:25 PM
EntrEnergy, I hope you mean that woman energy drink drinkers are a smaller segment than Men energy drink drinkers. Woman actually make up 51% of the population in th U.S.
Studies have shown that since the enactment of things like Title 9 that women and especially girls have become more aggressive in all aspects of life. An unfortunate reaction is that girls are becoming more violent, do drugs more, drink alcohol more, and smoke cigarettes more than boys the same age.
But I digress.

Due to the ever changing attitudes of women and their new competitive zeal i think they are an important segment to go after.
Madison Ave admitted years ago that they drove more marketing dollars towards women than men by over 5 to 1. Very important information when marketing anything.

boodoo
03-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Women + Energy drinks...sounds like a bad combination to me. More energy to nag and complain. "Try de-caf dear".

CStoreCatMan
03-21-2006, 05:57 PM
LOL boodoo. However, the reality is women do drink energy drinks. And I think the low carb option is the right one for them. I don't know how many women I see (or have seen) drinking low carb Monster, Diet Rockstar, etc. etc. They do drink them and I believe there is an opportunity to market to them. However, I don't think anyone has done it the right way yet to REALLY capitalize on energy drinks for women.

Mr Zabe
03-21-2006, 07:15 PM
IMO
I think this notion that females consume energy drinks based on differences between the sexes is a bunch of bunk.

Explain the soda pop catagory. Low cal,low carb soft drinks are consumed by both sexes (I'm guessing) at nearly the same rates.

Actually I see more gals when I'm out and about drinking Red Bull,Monster and other energy drinks.
Gals are just like guys, they want a drink that gives them a boost. Like someone else said before the can could have a picture of Alfred E. Newman on it and if it gave a great boost it would sell well. (Yes, I know taste and price play a big part. Just making a point.)

[ 03-21-2006, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

SumPoosieCat
03-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Not that I have ever been to a strip club... :rolleyes: but I have been told strippers across the USA down energy drinks by the barrel.

boodoo
03-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Yeah...that and meth.

mjb1124
03-22-2006, 07:26 PM
I know this one girl who is absolutely obsessed with Red Bull...and she's hardly a tomboy or anything like that.

JP QuikServ Drinks
03-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Read my post "Pink Energy drink for women" on here. I almost carried that product. the guy was really pissed because i told everybody the price. but at $24 a case MY price, absolutely absurd. Sorry Mr. Pink Distributor.

greg
03-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by JP QuikServ Drinks:
Read my post "Pink Energy drink for women" on here. I almost carried that product. the guy was really pissed because i told everybody the price. but at $24 a case MY price, absolutely absurd. Sorry Mr. Pink Distributor. You supposedly service one of the richest places on the Planet, New York. Are you telling me that $24 is too much to pay for a case of drinks?
PBG and CCE sell thiers for $26-$32 per case. How much money do you want to make? Or for that matter, how much money do you not want to make because it seems to me if you buy products based soley on your "cost" and not the value of that product in the Marketplace, you will miss out on some great margins out there for yourself.

ROX Girl
03-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Being a girl and all!!! I think that this is a very interesting subject. I truely believe that girls/women do drink more of the low/no carb energy drinks. And, most companies have geared most, if not all, marketing toward the guys/men with the fully loaded stuff. Coke did come out with Tab energy. But, there wasn't hardly any marketing geared toward females. And, I think that it isn't so much about the female. It's more about the 16% ratio of the diet version in sales.

Gallegos
03-31-2006, 05:38 PM
Women do drink energy drinks, but for the most part at different times than guys do..

teens and college students drink energy drinks more than any other consumer, IMO

Mr Zabe
03-31-2006, 08:59 PM
Women do drink energy drinks, but for the most part at different times than guys do..

teens and college students drink energy drinks more than any other consumer, IMO Please tell me what you mean by "different times" than guys do? Do you mean the menstrual cycle or do you mean during the afternoon soap operas? LOL
(Just my sense of humor...no bad intended.)

climaxenergydrink
04-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Very interesting subject everyone - My thoughts are i am out in the lounges, bars and clubs all of the time and i have to tell you i rarely see nor hear a woman ask for a red bull and vodka for woman it may be to masculine. it's always the Cosmo, Martini the sweet drinks. Keeping it proper and sex in the city like. I guess to a certain extent it's the whole idea that woman do not pass gas and guys do it for a goof. The truth of the matter is we do not care woman do ! The sensitivity issue and keeping everything proper ! I hope i didn't open a big can of (worms/Red Bull) up ! When Carrie - Sarah Jessica Parker endorses an energy drink than you will see woman sworming for it ! Did i say that ! I have to get my people get in touch with Carrie good idea ! hahahaha ! Million Dollar Idea !

Climax Energy Drink
Lenny

LadySparkina
09-14-2006, 07:07 AM
I drink e-beverages for both taste and properties, and I am a lady. I think Tab Energy is yummy, Monster Lo-Carb tastes like banana candy (and I love banana candy) No-Fear Sugar Free rocks, and So-Be Superman beverage is nectar of the superheroes!

Coco Rico
09-14-2006, 11:01 AM
I don't know where you go out, but in every nightclub and lounge I've been to, Red Bull and Vodka is an overwhelming majority of what I see women drink. More so than men. It's easy to tell, because it's bright yellow and it happens to glow green under blacklights.

CR

xxdesolatehowlxx
09-27-2006, 08:50 PM
I drink energy drinks. I'm a female. In fact, I collect what I drink. I have about 163 different energy drink brands so far. I made a website for those who are curious as to what i've tried so far, and for trades, etc. Soon I'll be adding more reviews. My favorite for far is Dicken's Energy Cider.

You can take a look at the temporary site at:
www.angelfire.com/mi2/horror/energydrinks.html (http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/horror/energydrinks.html)