PDA

View Full Version : Looking for people to sample new energy drink

Dave Lindberg
03-21-2006, 01:31 PM
=== !!!
03/25/2006
To all,

I have found my testers for the new energy drink I am marketing.

Thank you for your help and participation. No more testers are needed at this time.

Dave
=== !!!

My name is Dave Lindberg and I am brand new to this website. I am marketing a a new energy drink - unlike many on the market.

A drink that would provide energy with:
... no caffeine ... no carbs
... no sugar ... no aspartame
... 5 calories

Using amino acids, adaptogens and vitamins instead of caffeine and sugar.

I am looking for 24 people in the Rochester NY/Buffalo NY area to test this new product. If I do not get 24 people from this area, I will open it up for other areas as well until 24 people are found.

All that I ask is that you:
1. Be willing to be mailed a free sample.
1. Drink it well chilled.
2. Email me back what you thought of the product.

If you would like to be part of the test market, or would like more information about the product, please see my profile and email me.

Thank you,
Dave

===
Dear Site Moderator,

If you think this post is in violation of your site policy, please remove the post at your earliest convenience.
===

[ 03-25-2006, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Dave Lindberg ]

Kyle
03-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Hey Dave
I'd be willing to sample a new drink. I sample products (not just drinks) for companies a few times a year. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Kyle

Jay-Cee
03-21-2006, 08:17 PM
I'll take one,

I'm in T.O. so just throw it across the lake and I'll catch it.

killjimmy
03-21-2006, 08:46 PM
I would love to do it, but I'm not in New York.

Dave Lindberg
03-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Kyle, Jay-Cee and killjimmy:

Thank you for the responses.

Please email me your name & address and I will mail to each of you a sample. You can find my email address in my profile.

Dave

Seddrick
03-22-2006, 01:02 AM
Me me me

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-22-2006, 01:19 AM
ill take some!

BigEnergyman
03-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Dave,

i just left you my mailing info

JP QuikServ Drinks
03-22-2006, 07:28 PM
hey dave, i'm a drink distributor looking for new, cutting edge ideas. please email me, and i will offer my opinions. please keep in mind it is my job to do exactly what you are asking, evaluate drinks.

JPQuikServDrinks@aol.com

also check out my really old website, i gotta update, www.JPQuikServDrinks.com (http://www.JPQuikServDrinks.com) .

Tons O' Fun
03-22-2006, 07:59 PM
I would love to try but i live in BFE. Cheyenne, Wyoming.

Dave Lindberg
03-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Thank you everyone for your interest!

I have sent each person who emailed me a return email stating when their sample will be shipped to them.

I still have 10 sampling spots available.

*** I am opening the sampling up to anyone in the US/Canada. ***

Please email me your name & address and I will mail to you a sample. You can find my email address in my profile.

Thanks.
Dave

[ 03-25-2006, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: Dave Lindberg ]

JordanE
03-25-2006, 02:02 AM
I'd be more than willing.

However I live in Las Vegas.

Dave Lindberg
03-25-2006, 07:28 AM
JordanE,

I have opened sampling to the US and Canada now, not just Rochester/Buffalo NY.

Please email me your name & address and I will mail to you a sample. You can find my email address in my profile.

Thsnks,
Dave

JordanE
03-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Email sent, Thanks again.

stevenpeven
03-25-2006, 03:22 PM
I would be very willing. Email me at stevenzadora@gmail.com

Dave Lindberg
03-25-2006, 11:06 PM
To all,

I have found my testers for the new energy drink I am marketing.

Thank you for your help and participation. No more testers are needed at this time.

Dave

WhiteSword
03-28-2006, 02:31 PM
will if you need one more i can do it =]

Dave Lindberg
03-29-2006, 02:00 PM
To everyone who is testing my energy drink. The samples have been shipped and are on the way.

For US residents, expect 2-4 business days for delivery. For Canadian residents, expect 3-6 business days for delivery.

Remember, as with many energy drinks - it will taste the best when *very cold*... so chill well before sampling.

Thank you and Cheers!
Dave

JordanE
03-31-2006, 08:44 PM
I received my sample today, I have it chilling in my fredge I will write a review as soon as its called enuff. Thanks again for sending it.

JordanE
03-31-2006, 11:13 PM
Alright time for the bevboards first review of OTG.

Packaging
Primorye OTG was sent to me in a 8.4oz can (probably the perfect amount). Although the design is very clean I thought it left alittle something to be desired. Although it dose do a good job of getting its point across about the "No Carbs, No Caffine, No Sugar" There isn't really anything that lets you know this is an energy drink other than the sudle "Adaptogenic Energy Fuel". Over all the packaging is a bit of a let down, but since i'm pretty sure there trying to market this as a "premium energy beverage" I don't think it will be that big of a problem after all whats inside the can is what matters the most.

The Flavor
As soon as I opened the can there was a strong apple smell witch I found to be quite nice there was also a nice light pink color to it. After takeing a few sips I had trubble determining what this product tasted like. But after drinking about half the can I started to pick up on the ginseng taste (witch is weird becouse it dosen't look like theres any ginseng in this product. This is probably the olny energy drink I have ever had that uses such a straght forward natural taste. I could potentially see the flavor of this product hurting it in the sence that it might be alittle to taste suspific. Although I do like the flavor of it i'm not to sure how it will go over with the redbull type crowed.

No Caffeine, No Sugar, No Carbs, Dosen't mean No Energy
Honestly I wasn't expecting much of a buzz from this product (a caffeine free energy drink?. But after tacking a look at the ingredients I was surprised to find Taurine at number four on the list. combined 500mg's of taurine with adaptogens and A pretty good amount of B vitamins and this drink gives off a pretty good buzz.

Over all I feel this is a pretty good entry into the energy drink market.It may have a bit of an up hill battle with the "No Caffeine, No Sugar, No cards' thing and okay at best design. But I can definitely see myself drinking this again.

Rating: 3 and 1/2 Out of 5

Dave Lindberg
04-01-2006, 05:47 AM
JordanE,

Thank you for your first review of OTG.

I'm glad to see that our drinks speaks to the markert that we want: "premium energy beverage".

Kyle
04-03-2006, 12:26 PM
I just got in from cali... i'll try it out and let you know. Thanks

Tons O' Fun
04-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Too much of a diet flavor, otherwise very good. Also i got mine pretty cold but it chilled in my freezer for a while. Sped it up a little.

Kyle
04-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Ok... here's my take on it.
I like the packaging and color scheme. I iced it up real nice because that's the best way to have them in my opinion. The 8.4 oz is a good size for any dink. It's not to much, and not to little.
I like the fact that it has adaptogenic herbs.
Next.. As soon as I popped that can open, it was like sour apples filled my kitchen, so that was a nice surprise. The taste however, to me was way to potent. I'm not sure if it was just to sweet, or just much flavoring. But it was tough to take. The color was alright. I really don't pay attention to what color my drinks are.
After about half the can, I had to pass it on.
I was impressed with all the adaptogenic herbs, B-vits and taurine also... they tell you that there's something in there to boost you up and it's not sugar like some other energy drinks use.
I think this could be a nice addition to the market. I'd work on the flavor and that' it. Good luck with this product, I really hope it go's to the top.

ROX Girl
04-05-2006, 10:46 PM
I tried mine this morning. It does have a very aromatic flavor, on the back end. It reminds me of ginger. Very herabal also. The color was very nice. And, carbonation level is great. I could see this going over in very metropolitan areas.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-05-2006, 11:47 PM
i had mine today, it was ok, i also had it over ice, It had a nice scent when popped and poured over ice, and the color is good. The taste is kinda strong for my taste, but i can see it having some potential if the flavor is toned down a bit, and i couldnt taste the diet ingredients at all. The energy boost is enormusly better than many many energy drinks on the market today, and i only had 3/4 of the can!

Seddrick
04-06-2006, 01:14 AM
Ahhh Dave I had my drink yesterday and it was fab. The scent was real nice and the flavor was just strong enough for my liking. I enjoy drinks with kick and it had some kick. Flavor was great apple punch or something, very distinguished and unlike anything I have had in the past and that is good. Had it in the fridge chillin since Friday. If this gets to the masses watch out because it will make some noise!

4.5 of 5!!!

JordanE
04-06-2006, 01:38 AM
I smelled alot of apple but I never tasted any. Is there a diffrent flavor going around? As I stated mine at least IMO had a very herabal/ginseng type taste to it.

Dave -I would like to know what the flavor of this product techincally is supposed to be. I thought it tasted quite a bit like ginseng but since it dosen't appear to have any ginseng in it I don't think that is the flavor.

[ 04-06-2006, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: JordanE ]

Dave Lindberg
04-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Thank you for your reviews and feedback.
They are all appreciated.

Seddrick:
Thank you for such a high review and your thoughts. Yes, the flavor is difficult to describe, but I am glad that you liked the flavor. The flavor comes from the herbs and a grape juice concentrate and creates a very unique flavor.

JordanE:
It may smell like "apple" when opened, but I am not aware of any apple flavoring: just the herbs and grape juice concentrate. Your taste buds are right on target though, Eleuthrococcus Senticosus (Acantho Root)is Siberian Ginseng. We describe the flavor as: "sparkling cherry taste".

Thanks again everyone!

Jay-Cee
04-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Hello Dave,

First up, thanks for the drink. My thoughts:

PACKAGING. Nice and clean, the green with the leaf gets the healthy aspect across well, but perhaps you could pump up the logo a bit to make it more exciting and make it pop a bit more.

TASTE. Seemed a bit 'mediciny' (is that a word?) with a bit of a diet pop flavor. You could taste herbs - this was not necessarily a bad thing, but definitely different from any E-drink I've had. I don't think I would buy this as a thirst quencher, or just for refreshment, but this is a functional drink - which brings us to...

EFFECTIVENESS. I did notice a bit of a pick-up after drinking it. Also, I found that I didn't have that gross feeling you get when you have consumed something loaded with sugar, You have pointed this out in your literature, and I think this will be a big selling point for this product.

OVERALL. I don't think this product will be taking on the Monsters, Rockstars, or RedBulls of the world. I doubt you could even sell it at a convenience store. But I definitely feel that there would be a market for this drink at fitness clubs, health stores or natural food stores.

Best of luck!

Seddrick
04-07-2006, 07:57 PM
True Jay-Cee I do believe this is a great fit for health food stores. That's where I buy my drinks from.

Dave Lindberg
04-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Jay-Cee:
Thanks for your feedback.

Seddrick:
Thanks for the market info and where you buy energy drinks.

Super Jay
04-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Hey Dave,

I thought the entire package was nice. The brochure was great and explained all the ingredients in it. It's too bad that the customers probably won't spend the time to figure out what they are really drinking. Taste was comparable to other energy drinks, just a little more medicinal. I think you should target health stores for this product, I just can't see a distributor picking it up and giving it the attention that it needs.

Hope it goes well for you.

Seddrick
04-10-2006, 01:51 AM
The information stuff I will always keep in my records. I learned a lot from that info.