PDA

View Full Version : Working Energy Drink

Guess Who
03-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Well I'm new to the board, but I've been viewing it for a few weeks now. This is where I got the idea to try Redline. However, it didn't give me a boost or any energy at all, but this is true of all the energy drinks so far that I've tried. I was wondering does anyone know of something more powerful?

JordanE
03-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Try rocket shot, Each bottle is 1.8oz's so it just a shot at a $1.50 a bottle its a pretty good deal. 1-2 should get you going quite nicely.

It sounds like just caffine alone isn't going to give you much of a buzz. I would recommend trying B-12 vitamin based energy drinks. For that I would recommend trying ZipFizz. It dosen't sound like any C-Store energy drink is going to do anything for you.

DudeMan
03-27-2006, 09:03 PM
No real evidence that B12 does anything for energy.

As far as Rock Shot....$1.50 for 1.8oz ain't no deal. You can get most 8.4oz and even some 16oz drinks for that price.

Have you tried Rockstar, Monster 24oz, or Burn 2?

Guess Who
03-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Well having low B12 in your body, does cause tiredness, that's why they have B12 shots. But I've seen a lot of the ingredients in these drinks and most have a lot, so I don't think that that affects me either.

Yes DudeMan I've tried Rockstar, Monster 24oz isn't in my area. I've had lo-carb, and regular monster though. Burn 2 isn't in my area either, at least not where I've looked.

However, recently (I've only been drinking energy drinks for about a month) I have been drinking multiple drinks, mostly because I wanted to try them and see which affected me most. So for example, I might drink a Rockstar, then when it doesn't affect me, an hour later, a Monster, but still nothing. So I don't know what to try.

JordanE
03-27-2006, 09:46 PM
One rocket shot IMO dose way more than most 8.4's

As far as B-12 goes, there also no definition of the word "is" but we all know what it means. thats the best way I think to sum it up. I look mostly at B-12 content when picking energy drinks, why? Becouse they consistently offer more bag for my buck energy wise.

CStoreCatMan
03-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Maybe you're tolerance to caffeine and energy ingredients is higher than the mainstream public for some reason. The only drinks I know of that pack WAY more punch than any energy drink are referred to as "thermogenic." So, if you go to a local gym or nutrition store, you may find some...I used to drink Extreme Ripped Force which came in an 18oz bottle...though you only need about 1/3 of the bottle for a nice buzz! Keep in mind...these drinks were designed for working out and really get your body going...

Guess Who
03-28-2006, 02:53 PM
Ok CStoreCatMan I'll go try to find that soon, and I'll try it, but the thing about me and energy drinks is I get hyper on my own without anything, so I'm not sure that when I get hyper if its from energy drinks or just myself. I was like this before I started on energy drinks, I think mostly they don't do anything and what really happens is I'm just hyping myself up without them. This makes sense because the same times that I would get energetic, or the same situations, are still when I get hyped up, with or without energy drinks. So I guess I'm not certain if they do affect me or not, my guess is no, since I still get hyped up in the same situations and/or times.

The odd thing is this morning I think a Redline might have actually worked for me (not 100% sure) but I wasn't fully awake and I had one. Everyone said I was real hyper in class, and that I had never talked that much before ever.

BTW I thought Redline was classified as a thermogenic?

[ 03-28-2006, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Guess Who ]

CStoreCatMan
03-28-2006, 03:02 PM
I believe Redline is thermogenic...which probably explains what everyone was telling you in class! Thermogenic drinks are in a whole different class than energy drinks...its like comparing a triple shot cappuccino with a glass of water...

But if you do start looking for thermogenic drinks...BE CAREFUL...seriously, they are very powerful and too much can be a bad thing! Read the labels and follow directions! Good luck!

Guess Who
03-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Well that was the first time it actually worked, other times nothing. Might not next time, but anyway thanks for your help.

JordanE
03-29-2006, 01:16 AM
Also keep in mind energy drinks work best when your lacking energy. Drinking them when your fully awake probably wont do to much for you.

Guess Who
03-29-2006, 07:47 AM
oh so that might explain why a redline in the morning works somewhat, but around 1 pm it does nothing.

Guess Who
03-29-2006, 07:15 PM
well I've tried looking for extreme ripped force, but I can't find it, all I found was ripped force, does it give the same effect?

mr jones
03-29-2006, 07:54 PM
same product line...but not sure what the difference is. you could give it a try and see what it does - but I would pay attention to the label. I don't think you're supposed to drink a whole bottle at once.

Guess Who
03-29-2006, 08:02 PM
it said one serving = 1 bottle (for the ripped force) and not to have more then 3 bottles a day

I checked the labels online, and there seems to be some big differences, although at first glance it doesn't appear so. for example, the extreme ripped force they say only have one bottle a day. must be some powerful stuff.

mr jones
03-29-2006, 08:10 PM
I used to drink extreme ripped force about 5-6 years ago when it had ephedra in it. now that was an f'n energy drink! I pretty much used them for working out, but they would pick you up anytime, anywhere and put red bull's "wings" to shame...

[ 03-29-2006, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: mr jones ]

Guess Who
03-29-2006, 08:43 PM
sounds like the kind of drink i need. does it still work without the ephedra in it? i just wish i didn't have to buy a whole case of it, when i'd like to try it first.

mr jones
03-30-2006, 01:18 AM
I haven't had one lately...so not sure how potent it is or isn't now. Check a nutrition store (GNC) or even some gyms carry them. You may not find them in regular outlets.

Guess Who
03-30-2006, 07:54 AM
well I've checked online at GNC and they don't have it. Vitamin Shoppe has them, but only ripped force no extreme, so I'm stuck with what is probably the weaker stuff. I'll try it today though, hope it works.

mr jones
03-30-2006, 09:59 AM
I just researched a little bit online. This stuff got expensive! Like $50 for a case of 20. However, it also listed the ingredients...and the new formula, without ephedra, still packs 250mg of caffeine! I see a bunch of vitamins, minerals, guarana extract, kola nut extract..good stuff!

mr jones
03-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Here's some info on regular Ripped Force...

**Ripped Force Ephedra Free Highlights**

350mg of ABB's Proprietary Adrenergic Catalyst Technology(ACT)
200mg Caffeine (from all sources)
20mg Synephrine from Bitter Orange
ONLY 90 Calories! 22g Stacked Carbs 120mcg of Chromium
No Aspartame!
RIPPED FORCE Ephedra Free now with ABB's Proprietary Adrenergic Catalyst Technology (ACT). ACT was developed to enhance alertness, thermogenesis, and overall energy levels by strategically stimulating adrenergic receptors.

Guess Who
03-30-2006, 11:20 PM
well I tried ripped force, but all it did was make me sleepy. which doesn't make any sense, whatsoever

greg
03-31-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Guess Who:
well I tried ripped force, but all it did was make me sleepy. which doesn't make any sense, whatsoever If you can't get anything from 250mgs of caffeine stacked on 20 mgs of Synephrine you just have to accept the fact that your receptor sites are either a)non responsive or b)fried. On the cellular level you should be getting some response to these stimulants. By no response you have something blocking the uptake of these compounds preventing them from "clinging" on to the receptor. Perhaps you are on some type of medication that blocks stimuli or you have overstimulated yourself from other products in the past which did irrepairable damage to your CNS.

Lepke
03-31-2006, 12:02 PM
I recommend methamphetamine. If that does not work I don’t know what will.

Mr Zabe
03-31-2006, 12:23 PM
Try getting a sound therapeutic sleep.
Go to a neurologist and get a sleep study.
You may have sleep apnea (interrupted sleep due to blockage of your air way). If so you can get help. When you get sound sleep perhaps you will not need to stimulate yourself with energy drinks or drugs. Just my two cents.

CStoreCatMan
04-03-2006, 01:50 PM
There are a lot of reasons for lack of energy...too many to go into here. If energy drinks don't pick you up...or you're just tired all the time, I think there's more going on than just the energy drinks aren't working. The number of hours you sleep each night, how much/often you eat, how much water you drink, etc, etc. Also, do you drink a lot of energy drinks, sodas, etc? Perhaps you're body is getting accustomed to the caffeine you're taking in...and maybe getting more of it isn't the best answer!

JordanE
04-04-2006, 01:22 AM
Honestly now I don't think hes ganna get buzz from any energy drink. Drinking E-Drinks like water and not getting any buzz is kind of weird. Like greag said theres something alittle off with your system, and drinking tons of energy drinks to try and get a buzz isn't ganna change anything. I would look into what he said and then try redline again.