PDA

View Full Version : Questions about XS

Guess Who
03-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Well a friend of mine is an IBO with Quixstar (not sure if that's how it's spelled). He was telling me some stuff about XS and I find it hard to believe. Basically I just have a few concerns about what he mentioned.

1)Does XS really have the highest B12 content out of energy drinks? Also, How much B12 is it?

2)He said his drink would give me a bigger buzz because of this, even when I mentioned how nothing works for me.

3)I let him try a Redline recently, he only had half a can, so he can't really say anything about it but he said that he got more of a sugar high from it, is that even possible with Redline?

I personally think he's just trying to sell me his drink. I honestly don't see how his little 8 oz drink could do more or give more of a buzz then Monster, or Rockstar. Also, the root beer and tropical blast taste pretty good, I think any energy drink that tastes as good as that can't possibly do much. IMO I would think that the company would spend more on the flavor then the energy ingredients.

Lepke
03-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Your friend has been suckered into a pyramid scheme. He is either lying to you about the benefit of XS or he has been brain washed.
Try drinking a real energy drink on an empty stomach and then get up off your butt and get moving I think you will find it will give you energy. If you drink a “real” energy drink and sit on one place it wont do any thing. You notice the effect when you move.
By real energy drink I mean one with sugar not corn syrup, amino acids, vitamins and caffeine.
If a drink has no carbohydrates then you have no energy to burn.

Guess Who
03-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Yea I've heard of it being called a pyramid scheme before. But I couldn't tell if you were telling me to get up and move? That's what I always doing, they still don't work. That's not the point though, so anyway I'm not real sure what you're getting at, or what it has to do with my first post.

Oh and BTW aren't most drinks merely stimulants, even if they have carbs, calories, etc.?

Lepke
03-28-2006, 06:32 PM
I was just pointing out that if a person drinks an energy drink and just sits there they would never notice any added energy. Also it helps to be on an empty stomach.
Caffeine jitters are not energy. You should notice more effect if you are tired before you drink one.

Guess Who
03-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Oh ok, except a drink like Redline, where on the bottle it reccommends not to be taken on an empty stomach. I guess that would explain why caffeine is good at waking people up. Do you have any answers to my first post though?

Lepke
03-28-2006, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Guess Who:
[QB] Well a friend of mine is an IBO with Quixstar (not sure if that's how it's spelled). He was telling me some stuff about XS and I find it hard to believe. Basically I just have a few concerns about what he mentioned.

1)Does XS really have the highest B12 content out of energy drinks? Also, How much B12 is it?

I don’t know. But if you are looking for B12 just take a vitamin.

2)He said his drink would give me a bigger buzz because of this, even when I mentioned how nothing works for me.

Your friend is wrong or brainwashed. You decide.

3)I let him try a Redline recently, he only had half a can, so he can't really say anything about it but he said that he got more of a sugar high from it, is that even possible with Redline?

Sugar high is a myth. Your friend was trying to put down sugar because his drink has none. If his drink has sugar he would extol the benefits of sugar. Your body converts sugar into energy but it is not a stimulant.

I personally think he's just trying to sell me his drink. I honestly don't see how his little 8 oz drink could do more or give more of a buzz then Monster, or Rockstar. Also, the root beer and tropical blast taste pretty good, I think any energy drink that tastes as good as that can't possibly do much. IMO I would think that the company would spend more on the flavor then the energy ingredients.

greg
03-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Guess Who:

I think any energy drink that tastes as good as that can't possibly do much. IMO I would think that the company would spend more on the flavor then the energy ingredients. How is your "friend " an authority on what will or won't work for you. If no other energy drink on the market has done anything for you odds are his will not have an affect.

Tell your friend to check the Label on the REDLINE. You can not get a sugar buzz from it because there is NO SUGAR in it!.

Since when does taste have to do with potency. I understand buffering agents and flavoring but just because a drink taste good does not automatically mean that it is not potent. Conversely, by your statement, if the energy drinks really bad is be very strong

ehinkes
03-28-2006, 10:06 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I think Wired B12 rush might have the most B12. Not a very good drink when I tried it.

Guess Who
03-28-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm not really looking for a high B12 drink, I just wanted to know if XS really does have the highest, because I really don't believe that it does.

Greg I never believed him to be the authority on what affects me, that's why I came on here asking about XS. I guess I just want to disprove him lol. But yes I understand that a bad tasting drink can be potent, or not very potent, and vice versa with a good tasting drink. I really should not have said that, since none of them work for me I can't speak from personal experience and I don't know enough about the matter to say anything like that, so sorry about making a statement like that.

DudeMan
03-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Your comment on taste proves something that I've noticed when having people sample various formulas of energy drinks: People find that good tasting energy drinks lack credibility. When a drink doesn't taste so good, it gives the average person a misconception of potency.

big man XXXs
04-13-2006, 10:17 AM
This is from the Rootbeer blast flavor my fave. Nutrition Facts: serving size 8.4 fl oz; servings per container 1; calories 8; fat 0g; sodium 24mg; potassium 25mg; total carbs 0g; sugars 0g; protein 1.5g; vitamin b3 100%; vitamin b6 300%; vitamin b5 100%; vitamin b12 4900%

Lepke
04-13-2006, 10:26 AM
None of the people who are really in the beverage industry actually care about XS.
Tell your MLM Company to start their own message board. They can afford it after ripping off all you gullible people.

Lepke
04-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Maybe I’m just annoyed at you so called IBO’s hawking your garbage all the time.
You are not in the beverage industry. You are in a pyramid scheme.
No one is afraid of your sugar free junk.
Even the owner of this forum would like you people to go away.
Not because ANYONE is threatened by XS but because you are bothering people.

big man XXXs
04-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Well I like it and have tried others and did not if people like it they find a way to get it and if not they just talk about. Either way does not matter

big man XXXs
04-13-2006, 10:45 AM
And I am not an IBO i have a friend that i get it from.

Lepke
04-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by BevNET:
OK, ok, enough of this. For the record, you are at least the 30th IBO who has come on here trying to make this argument.

First of all, I would like to point out that your signature is a violation of Quixtar's rules. Expect an email from rules_administrator@quixtar.com in the near future.

So, to answer your questions:
1. Yes, we (those who run this site) have tried every XS product
2. Yes, we have dealt with IBOs (countless), Quixtar Corporate, the folks who run XS Gear, as well as the company that actually makes XS for Quixtar

Are those qualifications OK?

Anyway, here's why IBOs and XS take such a beating on this site:

1. There is no verifiable data to prove XS's success or lack thereof. You and every other IBO say that XS is #2...Prove it. Every other brand has IRI and AC Nielsen, but Quixtar does not.

2. Pyramid scheme? Fine, fine...The FTC investigated Amway in the late 70's and they figured out a way to appease the government. However, it is widely known that IBOs use "retail" rather than "personal consumption" when purchasing for themselves. This, in turn, means that many people are going to view Quixtar as a pyramid scheme as this is, well, the very definition of a pyramid scheme.

3. IBOs like to contradict themselves. In your case, you've pointed out that Quixtar would never hire a celebrity but then pointed out that Bill Gates etc endorse the product. So which is it?

4. Every IBO -- yourself included -- says the same thing. It's obvious that free thinking isn't part of the program. Many reference psycho babble about being "prosumers" or something else that was obviously fed to them.
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mr. Elekt:
First of all as a member of the BevNet staff shouldn't you be impartial? Isn't that like the boss saying "I like coke, so that's all anyone can drink at work"? And, I did not say Bill Gates endorses the product, I said he endorses our organization, which many on this site seem to put down so readily.That's a really strange response to what I wrote. You asked "why all the hostility?" and I believe that I directly adressed your points.

What's the difference between Bill Gates endorsing the product or the organization? You used it to bolster the case for the product -- which is the same thing that you attempted to poke fun at.

Honestly, your reply is yet another example of why people are hostile to IBOs. </font>[/QUOTE]
No one in the beverage industry cares about it as it doesn't compete for the same shelf space or in the same distribution channels.

People on this board care because IBOs constantly come on here and annoy the hell out of everyone. Who can blame them.
Putting the obnoxious #2 comments aside, there is a valid point here.

If you consider non-Coke/Pepsi beverage companies that are doing over $300 million in sales (which is where XS would supposedly be if it were truly #2), you basically have Red Bull and Vitaminwater.

These are products that you see being consumed everywhere. It takes a lot of people to consume the volume that these products move. Ignoring the distribution differences between traditional beverages and XS, you should still see people out and about that are consuming XS energy drinks.

However, that's not the case. I would suggest that very few people on this board have ever seen an XS energy drink being consumed. Even if you have seen someone consuming XS, it's not going to be at the same volume as Glaceau / Red Bull. Hardly scientific, but given that there is no VERIFIABLE information for this brand, that's all that most people have to go on.

[ 04-13-2006, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Lepke ]