PDA

View Full Version : NITRO2GO

THIRSTY2
03-31-2006, 01:35 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT NITRO2GO ENERGY DRINKS

greg
03-31-2006, 02:23 PM
If I'm not mistaken they come in 4 flavors, all of which are collecting dust in most retailers.

the saint
03-31-2006, 04:38 PM
nothing about nitro to go but I do know there is a key on your keyboard that says "caps lock" you should try pushing it down again.

THIRSTY2
03-31-2006, 04:50 PM
thanks for your input...THE SAINT

THIRSTY2
03-31-2006, 04:53 PM
Nitro2Go is from Southern CA, and they are offering Franchise distribution. If someone knows more about them I would appreciate the info

JordanE
03-31-2006, 11:05 PM
I haven't seen them since I left the mid-west. The flavor I tried was pretty much a redbull clone in a 8.4 can.

Super Jay
04-01-2006, 12:12 AM
I wouldn't think of distributing Nitro2Go. It just sits on the shelves even at 2 For $3. Check earlier threads on Nitro2Go there is a least 2.

THIRSTY2
04-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Super Jay, have you tried Nitro2Go? It tastes pretty good, Why do you think it doesnt sell?

THIRSTY2
04-01-2006, 10:01 AM
They claim they have won many taste tests and are the fastest growing energy drink in the US. Does anyone have any experience with this company. They are setting up distribution and I am considering buying a franchise.

the saint
04-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Used car salesmen tell you that the car was only driven on sundays to church if it will get them your money also.
It all depends on who does the research and where the research is done. If a member of high management in the company owns a c store for example he could take all of the other edrinks out except for nitro, do a little "research" and find that nitro is the fastest growing edrink in his store. He then puts this into print and finds people to buy franchises because the drink is the "fastest growing".

Taste tests results are skewed to whatever company is running the tests. Do you honestly think the "the Pepsi challenge" was actually honestly recorded? I tend to believe that it wasn't.If the results of the Pepsi challenge converted all the people who took the test to drinking Pepsi, ( Pepsi had a 3-1 margin IIRC over coke) wouldn't Pepsi just be kicking the snot out of coke in sales?

Take my info for what you want. The people are no different than the people selling red bull machines at creative concepts, all they want is your money, they have no interest whatsoever in you making any because they made theirs.

THIRSTY2
04-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Its obvious anyone can make a taste test in their favor. I dont care that they want to "sell" me their product. I am looking for information from someone who has had experience with this product. Does it sell? Can you make money with it?

Lepke
04-01-2006, 12:36 PM
I reached to this company four separate times to inquire about distributing their vitamin packs. This was prior to them launching an energy drink. No one ever returned my calls.

THIRSTY2
04-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Thats strange..I have no problem reaching them and they return calls quickly

Lepke
04-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Perhaps they have fixed the customer service problem or are desperate to find distributors. Could be a different division of the company or new people brought on to promote the new product line. I don’t know. I was just telling you my limited experience with them.
I did say it was before they launched the energy drink line.

THIRSTY2
04-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the info

Super Jay
04-01-2006, 03:09 PM
I think that it would be possible to make money of running a franchise distributor for a few months. I sure you would be able to sell stores a good deal and they can then sell it 2 for $3, but they will be very few repeat customers. Store owners would never want to pay full price for a product that doesn't turn or turns so slowly that it expires on the shelf. You need to find some store owners that have already carried Nitro2Go and ask them how it sold. Last time I saw Nitro2Go was Albany NY and Glens Falls NY. Some kid bought a franchise and tried to run it but noone ever rebought and he had a hard time getting anyone to buy cases after their first order.

If you want to sell energy drinks try a better product and a better company. Maybe a smaller company like Go Fast is looking for a distributor in your area. They actual have a decent product and some marketing behind it.

Super Jay
04-01-2006, 03:21 PM
there is another thread on Nitro2go business in the general discussion forum back in december.

THIRSTY2
04-01-2006, 04:19 PM
I saw the old thread. Thanks for the feed back .I will check out go fast

JP QuikServ Drinks
04-02-2006, 03:45 PM
i sampled nitro 2 go back in the day. product was good, i question the local marketing of the procuct. price was fairly high too, but that could be due to the hopes of advertising. more caffeine then the big guys. overall, it was pretty good. stay away from the pills that they sell though... ive seen them in stores and havent sold a lick.

Harris freeman
04-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Try calling 800.250.2345 and ask for Jeff.I once worked for the brand and hated the job but saw all the potential in the vits and ed. They are in almost every store(c-store&petro) in So Cal.

greg
04-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by THIRSTY2:
They claim they have won many taste tests and are the fastest growing energy drink in the US. Does anyone have any experience with this company. They are setting up distribution and I am considering buying a franchise. Did you say "BUYING" a distributorship? That is usually left for the big guys who have major market penetration, marketing, and years of solid growth behind them. However, it is usually called a licensing agreement i.e DP with CCE and PBG.
Red Bull might be in a position to start offering these Licensing agreements but i think Nitro2Go is not ready just yet.

DudeMan
04-03-2006, 03:00 PM
I agree. I think they'd be glad to sell you a pallet or 2. Why buy the right tu buy their product. You're doing them a favor.

Energ-man
04-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Thirsty2,

I am also considering a distributorship. I have done my own taste tests. Nitro2go is as good as any out there. The real test is in each individual's marketing skills and business savy. Just because you have a good product does not guarantee success. You must have a good model to grow your business. I think the folks at Nitro have done that.

Lepke
04-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Nitro 2 go may have a wonderful business model and it may taste great but that doesn’t mean people will buy it and drink it.
Sure you can sell your first order to c-stores. Sometimes they will just buy it to get you out of their store. But what shelf space will they give it and will the consumer buy it?
While I have no personal experience with this particular brand I do have a lot of experience with energy drinks in general.
I think with all the products on the market you can find something better to distribute.
And you don’t need their business model to do it. This is not rocket science; you can figure it out your self.
This brand does not have what it takes to be a product that you should pay for the right to distribute.
In the beverage business they almost pay you to take it. Well almost.

Harris freeman
04-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Transhipping is here to stay!!

Energ-man
04-18-2006, 10:12 AM
Thank you Lepke for your response. Those are the big questions with any brand. You have to provide POS, sampling, promotion and SERVICE. Building brand recognition, and attracting your demographic to it, will take time, thought, and money. With this company, you are buying inventory, with a protected territory, thereby creating a distributorship, not buying the "right" per se.

I guess the better question would be, How does one get into the c-store wholesale business? It seems to me that representing a manufacturer that wants to grow would be a good way.

I appreciate your Input.

Lepke
04-18-2006, 11:21 AM
It’s really a tough business. The c-stores have sales people coming and going all day long. In many cases the last thing they want to see is a new energy drink.
But you should not let that stop you.

All the manufacturers want to grow but do they know what they are doing? Do they have the money to spend on growing the brand? If they have the money are they willing to spend it in your territory? What are they doing nationally if anything? These are just a few of the questions.

Figure you will be on your own for the most part. Probably the best you can expect support wise out of these people is POS and some companies may try to make pay for that.

Then there could be supply problems. After you bust your hump getting the product out there and if you are very lucky and people actually buy it, you may find that the company does not have enough product to supply you on time.

And that’s just the energy drink end of the business. And just dealing with your supplier. Never mind dealing with your customers the retailers.

I don’t mean to sound like a downer but I guess I am a downer.
There can be an up side too. Just know what you are getting into.

As far as exclusivity goes, they will most all be happy to give you an exclusive contract.
But the reality is you most likely can wipe your self with it. If they want to screw you they will.

Energ-man
04-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the info.

bubies dad
04-23-2006, 09:42 PM
I too, would like to know if anyone has "firsthand" knowledge of owning a Nitro2Go franchise?

Bill Brasky
04-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Can't possibly be making any $$$$$. Read the second post on here...collecting dust in retailers.

Only way it is in any accounts is by the guy selling it having a decent personality and some quality people skills. That way he gets it in. Surely no one is buying the junk and on top of that the packaging is hideous, not to mention the taste is horrible.

I as well have seen it in Upstate NY and also in some areas of PA. I think in PA they had "some" movement, but nowhere near top 25 and certainly not any chain authorizations, which in my opinion should always be your FIRST concern.

I agree with some of the above comments. Look for something with a decent flavor and some QUALITY authorizations and marketing. Jumping on board and selling junk is only hurting you in the long run.

BigEnergy
05-12-2006, 01:10 AM
Nitro2Go was mentioned in the April issue of convenience store decisions as an honerable mention is the energy drink category. The only other energy drink listed is Red Bull, I didn't see Monster or RockStar, or NOS, or Full Throttle. It said the information from the study came from information from 98 different C-Store chains ranging in size from 5 to 5000 the total combined store accounted for 68 billion in sales in 2005. I suppose Nitro2Go had all these stores pull the results in there favor as well as Coke and Pepsi and Gatorade because they too were top suppliers in there category. It's funny, the old theory always holds true. The higher you climb, the more people will be to knock you down. People are out there making money building businesses and there are a few mediators here who are telling people that a 8 year multi million dollar company's beverage sucks. Let me guess, you guys probably still live with your mom. Get a life, better yet get a job.

Lepke
05-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Let me guess, you work for nitro 2 go.
You must be head of public relations.

Mr Zabe
05-12-2006, 01:08 PM
MrL
LMAO

BigEnergy
05-12-2006, 02:59 PM
What about your product or company, or do you have a product or company. You sit around and talk about other companies. Throw your's out there if you have one and let's talk about it.
LMAO

Lepke
05-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Yeah, defiantly the VP of public and consumer relations.
When I contacted nitro 2 go some years ago to find out more about distributing their products no one ever called me back even after 4 phone calls.

With people like this working there I guess I should be happy I never heard from them.

BigEnergy
05-12-2006, 06:11 PM
There it is, so truth finally comes out. You are still holding a resentment because Nitro2Go never called you back. I appreciate your feedback.

BigEnergy
05-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Lepke you had mentioned that Nitro2Go was desperate to find distributors. I guess not desperate enough to call you.

THIRSTY2
05-13-2006, 10:19 PM
It looks like Nitro2Go is for real. They just launched a 5 gal bag for our alcohol friends and a new flavored water called Slim Water that promotes weight loss. There is a listing on the Bev home page. Does anyone else have more POSITIVE information on this company? I am still considering distributing this product but have found little real information from fellow distributors.

Super Jay
05-14-2006, 02:01 AM
I don't know if you will find any positive info from members on here that have more than 5 posts.Did you find out if Go Fast has a distributor in boston?

OSU
05-14-2006, 05:23 PM
I distribute various products including Nitro2Go the Regular and Firepower (2 of 3 products offered) doing decent. The one thing that caught my eye with nito2go is length of time in business I think it's @ 8 years I figured they must be doing SOMTHING right...
I dont understand why people talk so much smack on this site Red Bull & Monster is my main competition and cover alot of the market but I still unload a large portion of Nitro2Go every 2 weeks and most of the others dont compair as far as TRUE ingediants but every man be their own, there is plenty of market out there especially w/ energy drinks ...Also I picked up a few of the "bag in box" (by the way red bull nor monster have)to "test out" at the local clubs/bars, so far so good 4 out of ten bars / clubs will try it with actually pretty good results from their clients.. A few places had contrcts w/ Red Bull However upon tasting the beverage from bag "a few owners wish they had no contract" It just agravates me when I see all the B.S. talked about other companies by folks how have NO clue what they are talking about..As far as the "Slim Water" Im not sure put a call into Jeff D. the owner last week and awiting call back but looking hard for info all I know at this time is its main ingediants is "super citrimax" ??? they actually have it on their web page now..when I hear anything I will post ASAP

Lepke
05-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Not a single post on this thread is “bashing” nitro2go.
Are the nitro2go distributors doing so poorly that they need to take it out on us here?
I will assume the reason nitro2go distributors are so defensive has nothing to do with what people have posted here.
If nitro2go distributors were doing as well as they claim then they would have no need to defend the product. And no time to waste posting here.

BigEnergy
05-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Still holding that resentment I see.

Lepke
05-14-2006, 07:05 PM
What resentment are you talking about?
Or are you just looking for attention?

THIRSTY2
05-15-2006, 11:19 PM
I was just looking for information and I got a bunch of negative stuff from people who dont even know anything about Nitro2Go. OSU thanks for the information. Atleast someone is real enought to offer information instead of just being negative about what they dont know. Lepke do you ever offer positive information about anyones product. People are just trying to make a living and are looking for infommation, positive or negative, but you are always negative!

Lepke
05-16-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by THIRSTY2:
I was just looking for information and I got a bunch of negative stuff from people who dont even know anything about Nitro2Go. OSU thanks for the information. Atleast someone is real enought to offer information instead of just being negative about what they dont know. Lepke do you ever offer positive information about anyones product. People are just trying to make a living and are looking for infommation, positive or negative, but you are always negative! THIRSTY2,
Is there a reason you singled me out? Did you not read what others had to say about nitro2go? I actually said nothing derogatory about the product. Are you as a newbie to bevnet just jumping on the bash Lepke bandwagon? What is your experience in the beverage industry?

If you have already made up your mind to buy a franchise with this company, then go for it.

I don’t know who OSU is. This is the first time he is posting here but please feel free to take his and BigEnergy’s word that you will be able to succeed.

Bare in mind that nitro2go distributors need more distributors around the country to get on board to increase nation wide penetration. In the hope that once there is 100% distribution nation wide the beverage will sell better all around.

You should feel fortunate that you have the advice of real beverage veterans who tried to advise you in this thread. Go back and read them again.

If you want to believe that club goers are asking for nitro2go or are willing to accept it in place of red bull, by all means believe that.

BTW I praise many worthy products. I don’t know enough about nitro2go to praise or put down the product. As far as I know they are a company that makes dietary supplements and now came out with beverages.
My issue is in selling franchises for an unproven brand in an industry where that practice is unusual. Apparently not every distributor needs to buy into a franchise. It would seem OSU did not.

[ 05-15-2006, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

THIRSTY2
05-16-2006, 12:50 AM
Lepke,
I did not mean to single you out. I apologize for that. I am new and am looking for information on whether to get into this business, but unfortunately there is too much negativity on these treads to figure out what information is real and what is crap! I thought the Nitro2go model looked good and am looking to see if I can get a response from other Nitro2Go distributors for their experience.

Lepke
05-16-2006, 01:11 AM
It’s a tough business. People who have been at it a long time are not going to sound rosy about every energy drink coming down the pike. And there are hundreds of them.
Then we hear a company is selling franchises for a new product and most of us are at least skeptical.
We are used to companies courting us and almost begging us to take their products.

We have most all been screwed at one time or another, so don’t expect happy campers.

This nitro2go thing could pan out. If you have a good feeling about it and can afford to lose the investment, give it a shot.

I can tell you this for sure and am very certain about it. This will not be as easy as they are making it seem. The business is a tough one with lots of competition.
You better be one hell of a sales man. Because it will be YOU who will build a company. It will be YOU the retailers will get to know and hopefully like. It will be YOU fighting for the best placement.

Good luck you are going to need it.

OSU
05-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Well Good news spoke with Jeff Dehil (Nitro2Go Pres./CEO) and the Nitro2go slim water is full board with distributors having great success and already reordering product, He is actually haveing a conf. call this week with distributors inregards to Nitro2go slim water it will cover everything from a-z, I was told to contact local rep. with conf. call info if ya wanna listen in.
One thing I know all business's are a pain with alot of competition from hair salons, distribution all the way to auto motive manufacturing, the thing I have learned in VARIOUS business the only one to blame when things seem backwards....was myself,
A lot of the products I deliver have been around many years, and for nitro2go to be in the market they are in and be around for 7-8 years doing 60-80 mill. a year (got info from dunn & brad)
is some to be said..JUST MY OPINION...

NinePieceChickenDinner
05-16-2006, 06:40 PM
I have lurked for awhile, but had to add...

DO NOT buy a "franchise" from a beverage company...you can get the rights to any kind of soft drink you want. Just like Lepke said your contract is as good as toilet paper (probably worse). Heck, if you want to get in the beverage business order a couple of pallets of the worse sounding and cheapest drink that you can find...work the brands as hard as you can for a few months and then decide how much fun it is. If you enjoy the business and found good accounts, start adding bigger and better brands (all it takes is a phone call or email to get a fairly decent brand).

Lepke
05-16-2006, 07:32 PM
I decided to take a look back at some of the beverages reviewed on this site.
And you know what I found? A lot of very nice products without distribution.
I’ll bet some of these companies would be more then happy to work with a start up company and give a good deal on price too.

You folks can come up with your own business model. Just ask around here, lots of people will be happy to help with that. But in the end you will have to decide how you are going to operate your business.
If you can’t come up with it on your own then I guess you will have to pay a high price to have someone hold your hand.
But if you need hand holding maybe this industry is not for you.

If a person is brand new to the industry they should do a lot more research before jumping in.

I’m not saying nitro2go is a “dog” I don’t know enough about it to say that.
What I am saying is look around, see what your options are. If after some extensive research you still like the nitro2go offering then go for it.

BigEnergy
05-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Ya, like Nine Piece said. Go out and buy the cheapest, nastiest crap you can find. Try building the business with it and once you fail, try to find another brand that actually works.

Lepke
05-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Just out of curiosity how much are they charging for a franchise?
And what do they expect from a franchisee?
Other then a franchise fee how much product are you expected to inventory?
And how much are they charging for product?
Do you have to wear a uniform?
Buy a truck?
What are the details?

ALLPRO
05-16-2006, 11:31 PM
I think Nitro-2-Go can make a small distributor some money. They do have a good model for distribution. They provide all the POS, Suc Cup racks, Window clings, etc. But like Lepke has said, it is a tough business. Be ready for some hard work and alot if intial "not interested" comments from retailers. But if you are a hard worker and you prove yourself to your customers..you might make it. BTW, Do not buy a franchise! Save your money, Nitro-2-Go will still want your business.

OSU
05-17-2006, 03:17 AM
It amazes me what I see here day in and day out..and yes im a new posted member with MANY years experience in sales and distribution, and I still learn something new everyday in the field BUT IM OPEN MINDED TO DO SO... All you genuises here PLEASE Show me ANY business thats NOT hard work WITH a GUARANTEED success and IM IN...???
All I can say is I live very good doing sales & distribution for many products and energy drinks are the largest portion of my pofits, and it did not happen over nite and the REQUIREMENTS for it-- Drive, dedication, preserverence, and goals..
FYI Nitro2go gave me everything I needed to get started (POS, displays,various coolers, FREE delivery of product, I only purchased product and mini fridges which a bulk purchase gets a bulk prices BUT I did not start there nor with any product start realesticly and GROW at your own pace to the vans,employees, warehouse status..My pops said it best " there are 2 types of people in the world Those that watch things happen and Those that MAKE things happen" I TRY my best everyday to make things happen, take the no's with the many reorders...

Lepke
05-17-2006, 12:28 PM
OSU,

I’m going to assume that since you carry various products and only two SKU’s of nitro2go that you did not buy a franchise? That is the big question here, about the franchise thing? As an experienced veteran of this industry you must realize buying a franchise to distribute a brand is very unusual?

I will assume that these franchisees are limited to carrying only nitro2go products. Please correct me if I’m wrong?

When you say nitro2go has been around 7 or 8 years you are correct but you are leaving out that they sold dietary supplements for most of that time and beverages are a more recent addition to their product line. I believe the energy drinks came out 2 years ago. If I’m mistaken please tell me?

Of course any business is going to be hard work. And the beverage business may be harder then some and easier then others.

The folks asking about buying a franchise seem to have ZERO experience in the beverage business. Some of the other posters and my self are just trying to give them a little insight to an industry they know nothing about.

I’m sure they are hearing the positive aspects of this type of distributorship and in their minds dreaming about everything good. But other than hard work are the details of what it’s really like out there. What kind of reception they can expect once they hit the streets.
What it will be like walking into a store cold call with yet another energy drink. Retailers have seen at a minimum dozens coming into their stores over the past few years.
You need to be a damn good salesmen just to get past the “oh no not another energy drink”.
These are the kind of details that are being left out.

And you talk about the “good news” of the new slim water, yet another product the retailer has never heard of. It may be a fantastic product, in fact I’m sure it is but there is nothing else out there like it as far as I know and educating the retailer on it will be a job in it self. Then who will educate the consumer?

Retailers have no empty coolers in fact they are packed. Someone needs to tell these folks how hard it is to secure the real estate.

Again I ask?
How much is the franchise fee? Why has no one answered this question?
What is expected of the franchisee?
How much product does the franchisee need to purchase and keep in inventory?
Will a franchisee receive training? Most of the people who seem interested in this business offering know nothing about the industry and need to know how to sell this particular product. If they talk a retailer into buying one case and they drop it in the cooler with out packing it out and getting a good location on the shelf who will see it? Who will buy it? Will it even get packed out at all?
Other then “hard work” you are not giving any down side, it’s all peaches and cream in your posts.
How about answering some of these questions instead of just being a cheerleader for nitro2go?

CStoreCatMan
05-17-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Harris freeman:
They are in almost every store(c-store&petro) in So Cal. Not quite...I manage schematic development for most of the big c-store retailers here in SoCal. Nitro2Go has schematic placement in 1 of the big 7 c-store chains out here...They have been in some of the other chains in the past, but have since been removed. My feeling is that they are in more privately owned liquor stores and mom & pops.

[ 05-17-2006, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]

OSU
05-17-2006, 01:26 PM
WHAT franchise ?????????????????????
What myself and many others have purchased is a DISTRIBUTORSHIP no different than Frito lay, Petridge farm, to Bell pay phones ever heard of those small companies, Just as Nitro2Go what you "purchase" is a DISTRIBUTORSHIP for there product (exclusive area/territory in any given area)benifits of each vary by company
This is not a Burger King, Subway, or Jiffy Lube Those are "store front" FRANCHISES with ONE location and ONE chance to make it!!
There is NO energy drink company on the planet selling a FRANCHISE..what they all offer or offered at on point with Red Bull starting it all is a DISTRIBUTORSHIP
with DISTRIBUTOSHIPS skies the limit with locations unless your lazy which in my opinion is MOST peoples down point in making ANY distributorship work...

OSU
05-17-2006, 01:27 PM
NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING..

Lepke
05-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Ok how much to buy a distributorship?
And why are getting answers like pulling teeth?
It is being advertised as a franchise on all the franchise websites.

[ 05-17-2006, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

Lepke
05-17-2006, 04:45 PM
There is something very fishy about this nitro2go thing.
The two people who seem to be connected to this company and are posting here are not very forthcoming with information.

This BigEnergy guy just seems very defensive and other then sighting an article in a trade journal has giving no real information on this franchise deal.

This other guy OSU seems very hostile and also defensive. And he is not forthcoming with any information either.
This guy is saying it’s not a franchise but a distributorship even though it’s being marketed as a franchise.

This does not bode well for nitro2go in my book.
Just going by the defensive and seemingly secretive nature of their posts I would be very leery of getting on board with this company.

OSU
05-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Nitro2go was the lowest investment of the four DISTRIBUTION business's @ a Min. $ 7300.00 up to 15k plus if ya call the # on the web site you would get directed in the same direction and collect all the info you need as I did. FYI Most internet "franchise" sites advertise ALL business opportunities From various vending, distribution home base to store front franchises...call me and judge as you will I just call a spaide..a spaide , like I said it took a long time to get where Im at in business and in those years the ONLY people the are skeptical and judgemental about something they don't much about are those that either WISH they had the money or those that got burnt by a fly by night company...
I have learned my many lessons in life also.

NinePieceChickenDinner
05-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Why pay for something when you don't have to? That is all we are saying. You can get an energy drink from anyone and all your marketing support should be wrapped up in a little thing called your FOB.

THIRSTY2
05-17-2006, 11:17 PM
There you go Lepke, I was just starting to like you and you start with something is fishy because you didnt get an answer right away. maybe some of us have real jobs and cant sit on the computer all day and criticize.
The $7300 to $15,000 OSU refers to includes product and POP. The distribution fee is only $2000. As you state I am new to This business, but I have been in sales for 25 years and understand the concept of 9 No's for 1 Yes. This looks like a nice clean start up package for someone new to the business. Low cost start up and all the POP needed. Also the incentive is if you reach small goals the $2000 is credited back. Looks like a win-win to me. Yes lots of hard work to get there but as stated by my new "Buckeye" friend you can wish it or do it! Check it out !

ALLPRO
05-17-2006, 11:30 PM
I can call Nitro2 Go tomorrow morning and order 3 pallets of Energy Drinks. I can get an exclusive contract for my territory and I can get Net 30. All of this and I do not have to "buy" a franchise. You guys who paid for a franchise really did not do your homework. You could have used the money to buld your routes. Again, I think Nitro-3-Go could be good for a small start up distriubutor. I had and hour long phone conversation with the owner a couple of months ago. He is very passionate about his business.
WHY BUY A FRANCHISE WHEN YOU DON'T NEED TO!

ALLPRO
05-17-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry,let me rephrase my comment:
WHY BUY A DISTRIBUTORSHIP WHEN YOU DON"T NEED TO!

OSU
05-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Thanks All pro for POSITIVE input, as I did originaly only get 1/2 truck load the downside I saw with "Product only" Minimum order was it was only 1500.00 less than the total Min. Dist. start amount, Upon doing the math I was actually received $1800-2000 worth of supplements The distributorship def. has it's perks and is good for the beginer and novice dist. With product only order it does not include Suplements,sup. racks,TONS of POS, barrel coolers, door displays, POLO shirts and all the other apparel, and to this day I still pay for just product and everything alse is O cost with free delivery as are most of the Companies Im with...Everyone is on a different level of business but for me to pay that quote dist. fee pays for it's self with the extas, Im not the sharpest tack I just did the math..

Lepke
05-18-2006, 03:11 PM
There are a lot of energy drinks and other products that would also be good for a small start up business.
Nitro2go is not the only fish in the sea.
Paying $2,000 for a distributorship is foolish. I’m sure they will wave that fee and negotiate down on the per case price of the product as well.

They need you a lot more then you need them.

BigEnergy
05-18-2006, 10:36 PM
I was recently contacted by one of the "SENIOR MEMBERS' who is always there to put in his two cents. Fact of the matter is he doesn't if have a job, used to work for a established bev distributer and has little or no knowledge about growing and building a brand. You would have better luck getting input from a car mechanic than some of the "PRO'S". Use good judgement and always go with your gut. My two cents.

Lepke
05-18-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by BigEnergy:
Nitro2Go was mentioned in the April issue of convenience store decisions as an honerable mention is the energy drink category. The only other energy drink listed is Red Bull, I didn't see Monster or RockStar, or NOS, or Full Throttle. It said the information from the study came from information from 98 different C-Store chains ranging in size from 5 to 5000 the total combined store accounted for 68 billion in sales in 2005. I suppose Nitro2Go had all these stores pull the results in there favor as well as Coke and Pepsi and Gatorade because they too were top suppliers in there category. It's funny, the old theory always holds true. The higher you climb, the more people will be to knock you down. People are out there making money building businesses and there are a few mediators here who are telling people that a 8 year multi million dollar company's beverage sucks. Let me guess, you guys probably still live with your mom. Get a life, better yet get a job.
What about your product or company, or do you have a product or company. You sit around and talk about other companies. Throw your's out there if you have one and let's talk about it.
LMAO
There it is, so truth finally comes out. You are still holding a resentment because Nitro2Go never called you back. I appreciate your feedback.
Lepke you had mentioned that Nitro2Go was desperate to find distributors. I guess not desperate enough to call you.
Still holding that resentment I see.
Ya, like Nine Piece said. Go out and buy the cheapest, nastiest crap you can find. Try building the business with it and once you fail, try to find another brand that actually works.
I was recently contacted by one of the "SENIOR MEMBERS' who is always there to put in his two cents. Fact of the matter is he doesn't if have a job, used to work for a established bev distributer and has little or no knowledge about growing and building a brand. You would have better luck getting input from a car mechanic than some of the "PRO'S". Use good judgement and always go with your gut. My two cents. BigEnergy ,

Above is everything you have posted to this thread.
I see little about nitro2go.
Do you distribute this product or are you just a cheerleader? You are very defensive and hostile for a cheerleader.
You and OSU are very tightlipped about details.
As far as I can tell the two of you are the only ones who really know what the deal is but are not really talking.

I find that very strange.

OSU
05-19-2006, 06:29 PM
I dont know about you, but the LAST place I looked for info about buying a business opportunity or Franchise which involves MY hard earned money was a CHAT room of any kind. IF your looking into ANY repetable company/business with ANY success they should supply you with a few phone #'s of people to speak with who are IN the business to get ANY & ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS,CONCERNS AND FEARS of that particular business ANSWERED...versus just anyone sitting around their PC posting their Opinion......
If your looking into ANY business MY best advice is to do the above as well as looking for info on ANY company/business through Dunn&Bradstreet it cost a little now BUT may stop you from spending a lot on some smoke and mirror business, Thats what I did w/ Frito, Petridge farm, Bell pay phones and Nitro2Go distribution...
I simply look at this site and a few others to get a laugh after a frustating day However I have met some decent peple... until recently I never logged on, I just hate to see people make a financial mistake as I did in the past...BE SMART do your research, Its your $ not the person on a PUBLIC chat room !

Mr Zabe
05-19-2006, 08:35 PM
Very well said and very wise advice. smile.gif

BigEnergy
05-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Lempski, everything is suspicious and fishy to you. What is it that you do for a living anyway, other than posted on this site? You want alot of information, how about giving us some info on what you do. Our you a cheerleader for some other company, I smell a rat.

Lepke
05-19-2006, 11:53 PM
I own a small wholesale beverage distributorship that I started in 1999 from nothing. I’ve also done some consulting for a brand that some years back bevnet described in this forum as “sketchy”(I didn’t develop it I was just a paid consultant) so don’t blame me for it being ”sketchy”. Soon I will be adding beverage importer to my resume.

In the years I have been posting here I have made a point of NEVER plugging any product I’m associated with. Other long time posters also don’t plug their brands.

From your profile, level of anger and hostility I’ll assume you are the nitro2go distributor in Florida.

[ 05-20-2006, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

BigEnergy
05-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Lempke - Do you have any experience with exorting?

BigEnergy
05-20-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm sorry, typo- exporting.

-VV-
05-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by OSU:
I dont know about you, but the LAST place I looked for info about buying a business opportunity or Franchise which involves MY hard earned money was a CHAT room of any kind.Are you ruling out what people have to say about their experiences with various opportunities? If what you're saying is that chat rooms should not be a primary source of information when doing research for a business, I'll agree. I don't know anyone who could put together and implement a business plan based on chat room discussion. If you are, however, suggesting that chat rooms or messageboards should be avoided entirely, I'd say that you are missing out on a VERY important aspect of the research process.

These forums, for instance, provide an enormous amount of useful information. If the idea is to collect the most information possible to make the most informed decision possible, then messageboards and chat rooms are a perfectly legitimate part of the research process.

The internet is the most amazing tool of modern times. Think of any question, and you're seconds away from an answer. Need forecasts, sample plans, industry information, news, financial data for a company...it's all there...seconds away. I don't know how people researched business before the proliferation of the internet to be honest.

[ 05-20-2006, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Veruca Vending ]

OSU
05-21-2006, 01:31 PM
I did NOT say nor rule out various chat sites ENTIRELY, As far as enormous info available on various chat sites you need to REALLY consider where the info is coming from,EXAMPLE: All those poor individuals who purchased those "RED BULL" vending machines through a 6 to 8 month company called Creative Concepts @ $2000-3000 PER machine....LMAO..com on a nice quality beverage machine may go for $500-800 each or less (google- vending machine)Creative Concepts a company that simply SUB CONTRACTED out vending machines to be made as orders came in AND there were a lot,
WHERE ARE THEY AT NOW ???
SHUT DOWN..WHY, for misrepresention, TO many complaints to RED BULL via Austria corp location, which RED BULL threatend to sue Creative Concepts, wait, I thought they were RED BULL machines,.. as MANY postings confirmed on this site.WRONG..Amagine that !!!!A lot of potential investors (THAT KNOW NOTHING about vending, they simply have a vision of GET RICH QUICK) got much of there info on this and one or two other sites, WHY individuals within the COMPANY posted comments saying all these great things about the business, when in reallity they KNEW it was dying, Then BYE, BYE the day came after being in business a WHOPING 9 months or so..
They got the $$ and Distributors got there B.S. over priced machines which is sitting in there garage, FEW are located with ANY success...
My heart goes to those individuals..
Thats all im saying, like I said above, I have met a FEW good people and got some advise here, HOWEVER years ago I've already been down that SCARY "boiler room investment road" and C.C. is one of MANY out there..potential investors DO YOUR HOMEWORK THROUGHLY....

-VV-
05-21-2006, 05:19 PM
With all due respect, you clearly haven't done much homework with respect to what the CC program was, what their relationship with Red Bull was, or what many of the operators who got their start through CC have accomplished. Nor do you have a realistic idea of new machine value. There is no place you can buy a quality new full-size beverage vendor, even a generic for 500-800. Were the RB branded machines overpriced? No doubt. BUT, if you were set on starting a business using these machines you had NO CHOICE but to pursue it through Creative Concepts. It had nothing to do with being sold a bill of goods by a snake oil salesman, it had everything to do with buying a branded vendor that was not available through normal local distribution channels. If you had wanted a Coke or Pepsi branded machine, you could buy a Dixie-Narco or Royal machine through local distributors. That wasn't the case with the Red Bull machines.

I don't really see any point in getting into yet another discussion about Red Bull vending and its merits, but those who bought their machines through CC in most cases are doing much better now since they work directly with RBNA via their local distributor.

And your post only has proven my point. This messageboard and the discussions herein have probably helped at keast several people decide to turn away from a business opportunity they might otherwise have pursued had they just crunched numbers. That's a GOOD thing, whether they might have been successful or not. Because, if there was enough doubt in their minds that a messageboard discussion was enough to push them to a "no" decision on a business opportunity, then they probably hadn't thought it out well enough to begin with.

ALL businesses have a failure rate. There is no such thing as a sure thing. You could open a McDonalds franchise and fail miserably. The point is, if you want to increase your chances of success, you don't rule out ANY information, even if it happens to be someone's personal opinion on a messageboard.

[ 07-13-2006, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: -VV- ]

-VV-
05-21-2006, 05:32 PM
And just for the record, I want to point out that I did NOT bring Red Bull vending into this discussion. smile.gif

However, I am happy to end it here.

Thanks for the lively debate.

Lepke
05-22-2006, 12:26 PM
I have no experience with exporting.

Thus far my experience with importing is limited to running around trying to get pallets of samples cleared through customs. Only to “learn the hard way” that I needed to leave that task to the professionals.

JSCNitro2Go
05-22-2006, 03:41 PM
The best way to get pallets of samples or any items exported is to see if your client has a
Freight Forwarder here in the USA. This will enable you to ship UPS or FED/EX within the USA, and then they will forward them to the overseas client. The Freight Forwarder does all of the paperwork, and takes the work away from you.

Also, when I send samples of drinks or supplements to overseas clients, I use UPS or FED/EX for a minimal cost. I sent a package to West Indies that weighed about 10 lbs for about $25.00.

I hope this helps. J.S. Clayborn-Nitro2Go

BigEnergy
05-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the tip, what if the client does not have a freight forwarder in the U.S? If you are shipping multiple pallets in a container I hear it gets tricky clearing everything through customes here. You almost need someone who can do it for you.

reset man
05-22-2006, 10:05 PM
Knew someone who spent $15,000 to purchase the rights/distributorship of an energy drink. The same energy drink he purchased was given, at no charge, to some established distributors in different areas. Unfair in my opinion. This product is a "can't-miss winner and will have a huge following" he was told. One pallet came with the distributorship fee, he reordered one pallet, and now realizes he made a huge mistake. The initial push was OK but the repeats were slow to come or did not come at all. He now knows he flushed $15,000, the product did not perform the way he was sure it was going to. And guess what, the franchise/distributorship fee is non-refundable. I myself tried to make a go at it with a couple of brands, with no fee to obtain them, but was in a position where I could hang onto my "real job" while I gave it a shot. I already had the rapore and to some extent, shelf space, but I didn't have the right products. I failed. I'm not trying to be negative but to me paying someone to sell their products for them is a HUGE mistake and unnecessary. In my area there is a very large number of companies who can't even find a home for their products because the number of distributors is slim-to-none compared to the number of brands out there. I don't know anything about Nitro2Go or their Slim Water. They may be great products but that doesn't mean they will perform. I've worked for at least 5 major distributors and do know one thing, they talk to each other. If there is a new product out there that is performing, by word-of-mouth, it won't be for the taking for long. My point is any company in their right mind does not want a guy like you or me selling their product for them. They want an established distributor who already has established distribution and equipment/coolers in place. My father's paperboy, no joke but fact, left his card stating that he is the distributor for XS energy in this area. Needless to say it is seldom seen here. If anyone wants to take a try at this business I simply suggest acquiring brands that don't require a fee for territory. I'm sure you can find a brand just as good or better than some of these brands charging. There are other energy drinks and even weight-loss/appetite supressant waters or drinks out there. Jana Skinny Water and Trim Spa Water are two that come to mind. Just had to add my 2 cents worth because I know someone who has Been There, Done That.

Lepke
05-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Joe,

Just out of curiosity what drink did you friend buy into?
If you don’t want to post it PM it to me please.

Thank you

reset man
05-22-2006, 11:02 PM
Lepke,

PM sent.

SumPoosieCat
05-22-2006, 11:13 PM
I was told when I first got started in the business to sell exclusive rights for each state. I decided not to because I wanted people to sell my product and put money into growing their business. I don't understand the whole fee thing it just doesn't make sense to me.