PDA

View Full Version : WOMAN AND ENERGY DRINKS - TARGET MARKET

climaxenergydrink
04-03-2006, 01:46 AM
Do you really think that companys are actually successful targeting woman and energy drinks !

greg
04-03-2006, 11:38 AM
I think it can be done. I just don't think anyone has figured it out just yet.

climaxenergydrink
04-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Absolutely - anything can be done if you have the marketing dollars or Sarah Jessica Parker (Carrie)from sex in the City to endorse a product. But i just believe all the energy drinks out on the market are to masculine for woman ! I have said it on a previous post that woman order there usual Cosmo, Martini in the bars, lounges and thrive on water and multi-vitamins for there so called pick me up ! Than again i am not a woman ! I am just going by what i hear and see in the New York Area !

ROX Girl
04-04-2006, 11:31 AM
First, don't always think pink. I've just finished designing a program for On premise geared toward females. It's interesting how much time is wasted on over thinking the female thing. Do you think we do that on purpose or something? LOL! See we have a sense of humor too.

climaxenergydrink
04-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Interesting comment - Let me tell you ROX Girl i have the highest regard for woman. I am not here to figure the species out. I think it would be easier to figure the formula for the atom bomb !hahaha !

Climax Energy Drink

ROX Girl
04-05-2006, 10:28 PM
I hear ya! Best regards.

RoyalTech
04-24-2006, 03:18 PM
They just need to say that it's "Ph balanced for a woman..."

greg
04-24-2006, 05:52 PM
I have a distributor in AZ that uses our Black Pearl libido enhancer to make Appletinis for the women. He says it is doing very well for them. I guess you just have to find the right angle.

Liquid Brands
06-27-2006, 02:29 AM
Jorge

It’s tough to say where the woman energy drink market will be.

A friend of mine has Go Girl Energy drink and it’s being distributed by the bud distributors in California.

I think they even landed a deal with a large superstore chain.

70% of the market is male…

Time will tell!!!

Thanks,

Jorge
www.SodaJollyRancher.com (http://www.SodaJollyRancher.com)

SumPoosieCat
06-27-2006, 10:26 AM
We do very well with women! 40% of our customer base is women and I believe its because we have the best tasting energy drink on the market. Is it the berry flavor, the pink color, the real cane sugar??? I can't tell you... but I can tell you women want SumPoosie from time to time.

NRgizR
06-27-2006, 11:04 AM
And why shouldn't they? ;)

Ron Swedelson
06-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Has SP made it out here to CA yet?

SURGE
06-27-2006, 02:20 PM
I think the market is frankly not worth it for the big companies. Sure SP and other small-time brands might find suceess with it- but at this point I think vitamin water and things like that are a better fit. TaB Energy had the brand, the money,the design and the distribution (and maybe the flavor- I'm no woman) but it was a loud thud. Maybe in time but at this point I'm just not sure.

greg
06-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Tab Energy was marketed all wrong in my opinion. Every commercial I saw was showing women in comfortable positions, relaxing, and just kind of being laid back. Nothing in the ad hinted at a need for energy or excitement. I didn't get it.

Now, look at Vaults ads....testosterone all the way!!!!

bullman
07-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Personally, from my experience, women for the most part do not consume energy drinks. Period.

SumPoosieCat
07-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Not yet Ron... I really do not know who would be the players for my Brand. If you have suggestions I am all ears. I am sure SumPoosie will do very well in CA.

Ron Swedelson
07-05-2006, 11:22 AM
I think SP would do decent here in CA. Could be a surprise hit, but who knows out here, the best tasting/packaged brands sit somethimes while the worst keep selling. If you are looking to start in Northern Cali, I might have a company that could be interested, Ill see what they say.

As far as women and energy drinks...I know my wife loves them, and most of the samples I have been asked for, are from women. My wife and I had tried that Pink energy drink...tasted pretty good, and my wife loved it. Creating an energy drink for a women amy not give you 50% of the buyers, but wouldnt 15-25% be a pretty big number?

climaxenergydrink
07-05-2006, 02:03 PM
If there are women on the board which i know there are. Let us know which energy drinks and how much you consume in a given day or week ! So us MEN can know where to go with this market !

Thank you in advance for your overwhelming response !!

Climax
Lenny

" Are You Prepared To Bring out the Freak in You "

SumPoosieCat
07-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Ron ... if you and your wife want some more SP... just let me know!

Ron Swedelson
07-06-2006, 12:02 PM
We would enjoy a few bottles. My wife especially.

climaxenergydrink
07-07-2006, 01:17 PM
TTB cool looking can , good luck with it ! What e drinks do you personally like ! Ofcourse other than SP !!

climax

Are you Prepared to Bring Out....

SumPoosieCat
07-08-2006, 01:43 AM
Hi Climax! Thanks we are very excited about the 16 ounce can and it is going really well. My other favorite energy drinks are Sugar Free because I refuse to drink energy drinks or soda unless they use pure cans sugar. I do not like the taste of bogus sugars. Anyway... I enjoy Monster Sugar Free and Liquid Ice Sugar Free.

climaxenergydrink
07-08-2006, 12:54 PM
TTB thanks for the info !!

Climax

Are You Prepared To Bring Out....

Ron Swedelson
07-11-2006, 12:16 AM
If you ever need someone to broker your brand out here in CA...you know who to ask.

wahine101
08-29-2006, 02:14 AM
I like the taste of Cheetah over crushed ice. I picked some up while in Nor. California. I know one of my best friends has an average of 3 energy drinks before noon. She usually buys it by the case and does not drink any coffee. I don't like it too sweet otherwise it makes me thirsty for water and I don't like to have a hot drink on a hot day. The end of July was crazy out here in California.
I am not in this industry but I am a consumer and I like being motivated to action. Sometimes I need a pick me up in the afternoon without the jitters of too much caffeine.

SumPoosieCat
08-30-2006, 12:24 AM
I might take you up on that Ron !!!!

greg
09-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by wahine101:
I know one of my best friends has an average of 3 energy drinks before noon. She usually buys it by the case and does not drink any coffee. If she needs 3 ED's before noon when is she going to figure that just maybe she has picked the WRONG energy drink. An energy drink should give you ENERGY for a duration of time. 3 before noon does not sound like her choice of drinks is doing the job.

Nick Laugher
09-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Not necessarily true Greg, people can build up a tolerance to Caffeine.

greg
09-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Nick Laugher:
Not necessarily true Greg, people can build up a tolerance to Caffeine. My point exactly. If she has built up a tolerance to low potency drinks she should consider upping the potency. 3 ED's before noon, assuming they are regular ED's would contain over 90g of sugar. That alone can be a hinderance to caffiene absorption and it's effects.
The receptor sites that pick up caffeine are either a: not being satiated or b: saturated. If they are saturated she will have to cut out all caffeine for at least 6 weeks for her receptor sites to get back to homeostasis.

Nick Laugher
09-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Damn, you know your stuff, good call.

greg
09-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Nick Laugher:
Damn, you know your stuff, good call. Thanks, but thats part of my job.

C-Note
09-03-2006, 08:59 PM
That is right on Greg.

But also, you don't just get energy from caffeine alone. There are other drinks out there with other ingredients that give you energy.Guarana, Taurine, Damiana extract, Yerba Mate to name a few.
Caffeine is just part of the equation.

greg
09-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by C-Note:
That is right on Greg.

But also, you don't just get energy from caffeine alone. There are other drinks out there with other ingredients that give you energy.Guarana, Taurine, Damiana extract, Yerba Mate to name a few.
Caffeine is just part of the equation. Yes, true on that, however, the receptor sites for most stimulants have the same binding configuration so it doesn't matter which drink she is drinking or which stimuli she is taking in.

Ron Swedelson
09-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Most drinks do not even offer enough Taurrine to really give your body any benifits. Definatly she needs to detox, or try more sleep, or the dreaded, keep the addiction alive and drink more. When I first started selling energy drinks, I had free samples and drank them like water on a hot day. By the end of my first summer I was up to 6 cans by noon. And another 3 at night. Fastforward 8 years later, I drink 1 around 10 am, and if I am plyaing softball, 1 before the game starts. Your body become too imune, and you either have to mix it up with different drinks and more of them, or crash, clean your body, and start over. Drink them when you need it, not just because it is the morning and you think you need something. But then again I don't drink coffee either to start the day, so maybe even though I hate waking up early for work each day, I am a morning person.