PDA

View Full Version : Can and bottling

juice
04-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Hi, I am quite new on this forum and first of all I want to thank you everybody for the quality of the information shared.

I am starting a new line of drink and I am looking for some cans and PET plastic bottles suppliers.

As I am just at the begining of this project, I need some suppliers who accept to start with small quantities.

Thank you,

Fred

Christian Prickett
04-05-2006, 05:10 PM
I work in packaging and can tell you that lead times for inital orders for metal cans is about 16 weeks with approved artwork. PET is easier to get (pallet minimum).

Also there is a PET soda can (plastic can, metal top) we are working to import to the states.

DudeMan
04-07-2006, 07:24 AM
I've seen the plastic soda bottle/can with metal top. The top is exactly the same as a 12oz soda can but the body of the can is transparent plastic. The one I saw was a novelty "premium" carbonated spring water. Looks really cool and makes you wanna try it just for the look. Must be great for impulse sales.

Lepke
04-07-2006, 10:44 AM
New York Seltzer used to have a transparent plastic can with a metal top back in the 80’s. This is not new.

Christian Prickett
04-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Lepke:
New York Seltzer used to have a transparent plastic can with a metal top back in the 80’s. This is not new. No one said it was new. Just you.

The technology to do the PET soda can, metal lid was developed by O-I back in 1984. They scrapped the idea due to the increased demand for metal cans. Since then the tops of cans have changed to reduce the ammount of metal that goes into them (the neck finish tapers up, not a straight side).

At this current time I have not found a source state side who produces the PEt soda can. We have found asian markets that are producing this.

juice
04-15-2006, 08:11 PM
I saw this products at the najarro group web site but they told me that this PET can can be use only for water but not for carbonated drinks.

Do you know some bottlers which makes small series for starting drinks like mine?
Thanks,

Fred