PDA

View Full Version : coke blak

BuzzMonkey Energy
04-13-2006, 04:11 PM
tried it this past week, not bad...a nice twist from regular coke.

"ITS ALL ABOUT THE BUZZ"

-VV-
04-13-2006, 04:26 PM
I have to say this. The bottle design is gorgeous. Very sleek. I haven't had the chance to try it yet though, is it very "coffee-ish"?

greg
04-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Veruca Vending:
I have to say this. The bottle design is gorgeous. Very sleek. I haven't had the chance to try it yet though, is it very "coffee-ish"? The bottle itself is classic coke styling...Do you mean the graphics and wrapping on the bottle?

-VV-
04-14-2006, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by greg:
The bottle itself is classic coke styling...Do you mean the graphics and wrapping on the bottle? Absolutely. Everything about the design is nice. The classic bottle, the color, the contrast of the graphic. It's very contemporary, and mature to me, as compared to the explosion of color that alot of beverages seem to go with. Sometimes less is more. This bottle is an excellent example.

[ 04-14-2006, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: Veruca Vending ]

Emaak
04-14-2006, 08:53 AM
i tried a bottle the other day... i hate to admit it, but the stuff is really good!

Shannon
04-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Do you know how much caffiene is in one of these bottles?

RedBullFan
04-15-2006, 12:25 AM
I tried it today and I have to say I did'nt like it. Has a bad after taste.

BuzzMonkey Energy
04-15-2006, 08:07 PM
its better than "manhattan special" in my opinion
i was told though that the european version is a bit different, would love to try it.

"ITS ALL ABOUT THE BUZZ"

Lepke
04-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Better then Manhattan special???? I think itÂ’s time for you to turn your membership and move out of New York. Maybe to Atlanta. Next you are going to tell us Chicago pizza is better then NY pizza.

For shame for shame.

BuzzMonkey Energy
04-18-2006, 04:56 PM
i wouldnt go that far to say that chicago pizza is better than NY pizza...ny pizza is probably the best in the world....

in my opinion(just mine) i like coke blak better than manhattan special, Lepke feel free to differ.

BEST REGARDS

"ITS ALL ABOUT THE BUZZ"

Spartan Dan
04-20-2006, 10:26 AM
You guys think its good? I guess I'll try it. Im more for energy drinks though.

-VV-
04-25-2006, 12:08 AM
I actually got to try one of these over the weekend, and I must say it did not live up to the marketing hype. Overall the mixture tasted burnt to me, and the aftertaste was quite unpleasant.

I will be really surprised if this enjoys any mainstream popularity. Too bad, too. I was really hoping this would be good.

Ron Swedelson
04-25-2006, 01:49 PM
I don't like it because I dont like coffee, or regualar coke (I drink Diet), but my wife, sister in-laws, mother in-law and my father love that drink. They say you have to sip it to get the full flavor.

pineapple1337
05-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Also not much of a coffee drinker here, but saw it on campus, of course curious I bought it, it had a decent taste for me not liking coffee. Gotta aftertaste that's a lil unpleasant and has aspartame which causes me not to buy it again =/

Tone
05-24-2006, 09:32 PM
this is my new addiction, i love coke blac. im on a diet where i can only eat carbs on the weekend. I easily blow through 8 coke blacs on saturday and sunday. I happen to love coffee and i love coke so its awesome to me.

SumPoosieCat
05-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Tried it did not like it but the packaging was nice.

David J.
05-26-2006, 12:05 AM
I guess this isn't selling well. The local Sunnoco station was selling this two for three dollars.

I actually like Coke Blak, but when I had these bottles at the end it was a bit wattery at the end, like a Full Throttle Fury I had a while back.

Mr Zabe
05-26-2006, 01:26 AM
Last weekend while shopping at our beloved Woodmans,home of a mega large beverage section and selection. I found Coke black at the corner of the coffee section. There was a case and a half of tattered looking bottles laying on the floor. It did not look merchandised for sale. It looked like a remident of a failed product.

It was very said to see this. I wounder how many sales this haphazard pile of Coke Blac generates. My guess is little if any. What a poor state of affairs if this neglect is market wide.

[ 05-26-2006, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

upinarms
05-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Here's my basic progress with Coke Blak:

1st bottle: Yuck. But drinkable.

2-3rd bottle: Oddly appealing

4-6th bottle: Unique and decent

7th: Harder to drink

8th: Wow, this stuff is impossible to finish, not something you can just grab and sip whenever. I doubt I'll get one for a long time.

The stuff moves off the shelves here like a snail, too. People aren't buying into it.