PDA

View Full Version : New Energy Drink Label to hit American Shores soon

TKIZZLE:Drinks
04-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

My Company are in the process of setting "up-camp" in America to hit the Energy Drink market. We have been around in Europe for one year now and have acheived phenominal success with vast percentage of people endorsing the Taste of our products, the labelling, the Can; truly the whole package....

My Brand of drinks is Called TKIZZLE:Drinks, they are made in Europe under license and are soon to be available in Countries like Japan and USA due to the uptake we have had in Europe. They are attractively packaged in 8 OZ cans and have appealing graphics.

The drinks formula itself is similar to the world leaders yet it is listed below:

Per 100 ML Rating. (250 ML Can)
Energy 198 Kj. ( 47 Kcal )
Taurine 400 mg.
Glucuronolactone 240 mg.
Caffeine 32 mg.
Inositol 20 mg.
Proteins 0,4 g.
Carbohydrates 10,7 g.
Total Fat 0,0 g.
Niacin 8 mg.
Pantothenic Acid 2 mg.
Vitamin B2 0,6 mg.
Vitamin B6 2 mg.
Vitamin B12 2 Ug.

I am posting on this forum because there are a few pieces to my jigsaw missing and I need and want everyones opinion and information, (if possible!).

What do you think about the brand name - TKIZZLE?
What do you think of the ingredients of the can?
What do you think is the most VIBRANT and Fastest groiwng state in USA for Energy Drink sales?
IS 16 Oz can truly going to beat out the 8 Oz can, is everyone going to this format...?

Lastly, we have had confirmation back from many distributors and agents that they will be stocking and supporting our brand in the USA....there are, however still some vacencies for Distributors, Agents, Wholesalers, Vending Operators and Investors, Marketing agents....please can you email @ sales@tkizzledrinks.com if you require more information. We are undoubtedly looking for your help in all states of USA & Canada and would love to hear from you...

Thanks alot in advance!

Tom Kennett

TKIZZLE Drinks

04-14-2006, 02:59 PM
forgot to men tion drinks come in Natural tea (ICE TEA Energy), Guarana Flavour, Energy Drink, Energy Drink Sugar Free, and Also Energy Cola - what do you think will be the big flavours...? Tom

Lepke
04-18-2006, 06:21 AM
I can’t even pronounce it. How bout posting a picture?

DudeMan
04-18-2006, 07:53 AM
Name: Hard to pronounce. Not catchy or attractive.
Ingredients: Do you seriously want comments on this? Red Bull knockoff at best. This formula has been done countless times.
Format: 8.4oz is a thing of the past.

I'm really surprised that your drink has succeeded in Europe. Then again, European consumers seem satisfied with 8.4oz Red Bull knockoffs. As far as North America, don't be surprised if it fails.

greg
04-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Format: 8.4oz is a thing of the past.

[/QB]8.4 isn't dead it just hasn't been exploited enough. If manufactures would get off the bigger is better kick they would realize they can get a much better drink in an 8.4 oz can than they can in a 16oz can. Hey how is 24 oz Monster doing?
Most drinks are engineered as an 8 oz serving, by going to the 16 oz size all you are doing is doubling the size which means twice the sugar, twice the caffeine (not always) as well as other ingredietns.

04-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Im not sure I agree with your comments Dude Man, if 8.4 Oz was dead Red Bull wouldnt be selling at all yet they seem to be retaining a great market share and sales performance in USA over last few years...

When you say about the name, this is your opinion, not necessarily others... theres one point I would make though, there are lot of brands out there that have tried to copy the red bull name ie Red ... , Blue, this, etc etc...Im not doing that?Is it not better to be original with a wakky name that doesnt offend anyone than to start off with an immediate impidement being a takky rip-off name..

The other point want to make is that I as a consumer appreciate Red Bull for its energy but not its taste...To be honest our energy drink in the European Market Place is by far one of the few that gives you a buzz without that horrible Chemical Aftertaste...not really so much of a copy cat are we?

TO be honest with regards to 16 oz cans Europeans tend to be into Sizes of things that are sensible. ie Small cars not Trucks..Ie 8.4OZ cans and not 16 OZ cans...The majority of Europeans would never touch a 16 oz can, the whole selling point about the slimline can was and still is that its a new shape of Can, who wants big clumpy 16 oz can with their vodka or in their car not me or any of our customers...

I think your a bit short-sighted to say that there is no future in 8.4 OZ cans, also what is to say that the market wont be able to keep two different formats active and vibrant?

For my benefit, what makes Rage different to Red Bull, what stops you from being a knock-off brand??

greg
04-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Pepsi has Pepsi Cola in 8oz cans,12 oz cans, 1/2 liter Pet bottle, 20 oz PET Bottle, 24oz Pet Bottle, 2 liter Pet Bottle, & 12 oz glass bottle in some markets.
It even sells 12 oz cans by the single, 4 pack, 6 pack, 12 pack, 24 pack and the latest is a 36 pack.
I guess consumers want choices!

04-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Thank you Greg, glad someone is open to ideas...

Lepke
04-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Tom,

First off I can’t pronounce the name of your brand. Being original is great but if Americans cannot say the name, that is not a good start.

As you may have heard redbull will be launching a 500 mil. Can here in the United States.
My friend told me the Europeans never thought about a 500 mil can but the reality of the American market has finally hit them. According to my friend a guy from Austria said to him “Americans are pigs and like every thing big”. If you are going to market here you need to consider that as well. Not to say 250 mil wont sell but 500mil may do better here. At least don’t limit your options.

Just my opinion.

04-18-2006, 02:19 PM
its not too hard, its T-KIZZ-LLLL

All it needs is some audible marketing and ppl know how to say it for life anyway my opinion

Harris freeman
04-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Tom you did say that you planned on launching your Energy Drink in the USA so pay attention to what's going on here. Since 2001 we have seen strong demand for the 16oz(value added)and a decline in new introductions in regards to the 8.3oz can. The number 2,3 and 4th brands based on market share are all 16oz. Come to market in a 8.3oz here and you might as well contact a dollar theme store in advance.RB will maintain it's number one position but the 16oz are adding market share. GOOD LUCK!

Harris freeman
04-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Value minded not pigs.

Lepke
04-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Tom, it’s your baby…. But I would change the name before you bring it here.
Sometimes people born in other countries with names that are very ethnic will Americanize their name. I think this baby needs a new name.

Again just my opinion

fraser
04-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Hey! i have to say that i dont hold up much respect for Lepke's points of view, ive recently tasted Tkizzle and thought it was great! I hear your in the "buisness" and so i would have thought you would have more respet for a new growing buisness such as Tkizzle. As for not being able to pronounce Tkizzle, i thinks its really quite a poor reflection on your english education, god help you if you were to goto spain or italy, i suggest you are accompanied by a translator. To sum up i would have to say POOR SHOW! from yourself your ego i think has made you mis judge this fresh new Energy Drink, i would put it to you that your a touch worried of some competition?????
P.S if you were to drink a couple of cans of Tkizzle you would instantly enjoy it, should you return to Red Bull i think - as i did - you would find yourself throwing most of the can away, it may be subtle but you would be surprised of how much a change in flavour Tkizzle is. i'd like to take this opportunity to wish Tkizzle all the best for the company and the drink!

cheers!

Lepke
04-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Listen guy I did not say it tasted bad or any thing like that.
I never tasted it.
I said the name might not make it in the American market.
It is not a word as far as I can tell.
Tom was asking opinions and I gave mine respectfully. Unlike you.

I’ll tell you what… bring it here with that name as it is in 250 mil cans and watch it die. How’s that?

You PUTZ

fraser
04-18-2006, 02:47 PM
listen "mate" i think you'll find you slated it,an opinion in this type of forum is giving a helping hand however you've not stated one good thing about it or said anything about it you thought was a good idea, to quote yourself - "I can’t even pronounce it." lets be honest opinions are one thing but constructive critisim both disagrees ASWELL as agrees with points, so what do you like about the brand? anythign you think could be built upon, because with that kind of comment its very difficult to see something to build on. By the way , out of interest, do have any feelings about the flavours, tom is anxious to know which people like yourself would do well.

fraser
04-18-2006, 02:49 PM
i would also like to add that perhaps my feelings were a bit harsh, after reading "dude man" 's reply i possibly carried the two opinions together! appologies for that!
so if your reading dude man, back away with the opinions, that kind of remark is not helpful either!

Harris freeman
04-18-2006, 02:50 PM
American consumers are 10 times more likely to purchase a 16oz then they would an 8.3oz can.Tom you should contact Southland(7-11)or any major petro group and you will find out that they are going to continue to make space for 16oz.

greg
04-18-2006, 03:42 PM
TKIZZLE Wrote:"I am posting on this forum because there are a few pieces to my jigsaw missing and I need and want everyones opinion and information, (if possible!).

What do you think about the brand name - TKIZZLE?
What do you think of the ingredients of the can?
What do you think is the most VIBRANT and Fastest groiwng state in USA for Energy Drink sales?"
IS 16 Oz can truly going to beat out the 8 Oz can, is everyone going to this format...?

I will have to side with Lepke on this one. Whether you like his style, delivery, or thought process is irrelevant. TKIZZLE aksed for everything he got from Lepke. Just because TKIZZLE Doesn't agree with him does not mean he should resort to putting down Lepke, that goes for the distinguished gentleman from Scotland(fraser) as well.
The post clearly asked for opinions on ingredients, size of drink, name , etc. Lepke was just giving the man the information he asked for.
If he can't say TKIZZLE- That is a fact
If the ingredients are the same as RB- then thats a fact. A little more than opinion but valid nonetheless.
g

DudeMan
04-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Tkizzle, Red Bull is an exception in the 8.4oz format. If you said you were coming in with the makreting budget of Red bull for USA, I'd tell you heck make it 5oz for all that matters.

I find the biggest mistake startups make when launching a new product is comparing themselves to Red Bull. Whether it be regarding format, price, formula. The "like Red Bull, but much better tasting" thing has also failed countless times.

To answer your question, Rage is anything but a Red Bull knock off. It's a 16oz with a formula equivalent to 2.5 Red Bulls looking strictly at the active ingredients they have in common. Rage also has extra ingredients like 400mg Panax Ginseng with 2.5 times the Ginsenoside content of the Panax that Monster uses. The taste is also completely different.

The taste of Tkizzle may be different, but you asked for feedback on its ingredients. The typical 8.4oz with "1000mg taurine, 80mg caffeine, 600mg glucuronolactone" formula is one that needs no comments because it's been done countless times and yes it's a knock off of Red Bull from an ingredient point of view.

04-18-2006, 05:20 PM
okay guys, lets not start a trans-atlantic war here, this was far from my plan when I started this post... I am just amazed that we dont all agree that there is any market for an 8.4 oz drink anyway..Anyway Lepke and Greg points taken into consideration, need to look into what options there are on the market... I dont know what we can do to be different then...it sounds like we have brands in USA coming at all angles, and that they are all trying to bite Red Bull's ankles in the Market....

04-18-2006, 05:27 PM
ps Fraser thanks for your support, where abouts have you bought our Drinks?? As you will see US market is very different from ours in so many different ways..

greg
04-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by TKIZZLE:Drinks:
okay guys, lets not start a trans-atlantic war here, this was far from my plan when I started this post... I am just amazed that we dont all agree that there is any market for an 8.4 oz drink anyway..Anyway Lepke and Greg points taken into consideration, need to look into what options there are on the market... I dont know what we can do to be different then...it sounds like we have brands in USA coming at all angles, and that they are all trying to bite Red Bull's ankles in the Market.... I hope you don't take my words defending Lepkes right to say what he wants as an assault on your drink. I also sell an energy drink I know there is plenty of room in the market place for a good tasting, effective drink out there. The energy drink category has already grown to over $3b and is expected to climb higher.
I will defend you when you need defending but I will also defend others against you when they need defending.
Re-read all the post and tell me if Lepke was not just giving his opinion, which you asked for everyones opinion.
In My opinion, I also think that a name such as TKIZZLE is very limiting and it will certainly be pigeon holed as a drink that is going after a niche market. The edgy hip hop crowd would gravitate to a drink named TKIZZLE.....Fo Shnizzle My Nizzle!
Perhaps your marketing team has not been introduced to Snoop Dogg yet.

Lepke
04-18-2006, 06:52 PM
You know I’m beginning to think this whole thread is some kind of put on.
No real drink, just someone’s idea of a joke.
It really does not take much to create a web page for some fake drink.
Look back at the responses this has to be a joke.
Come on, no one in there right mind would name their brand TKIZZLE. This has to be BS
The guy asks for opinions on a drink he cant even show us can of. No one ever heard of but some nasty Scottish guy. Then freaks out when people give their opinion.

The joke is on us. Shame it was not a funny joke.

04-18-2006, 07:11 PM
emmm....www.tkizzledrinks.com/tk.jpg

04-18-2006, 07:13 PM
www.tkizzledrinks.com/tk003.jpg (http://www.tkizzledrinks.com/tk003.jpg)

Lepke
04-18-2006, 07:15 PM
http://www.tkizzledrinks.com/tk003.jpg

04-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Lepke, I do not know what the problem is, I asked for opinions and I got them... I never challenged everyones comments about the name , only the 8.4 oz format....I havent accused you of anything let alone being nasty towards you so please accept my apologies...Its not my fault you think my time and effort is going to be wasted...even if you speak the truth, sometimes the truth hurts...be different and go create something yourself then you might be on the radar yourself for some criticism...

Lepke
04-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Maybe I confused you with the crazy Scotsman. Sorry if I offended you.

04-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Well I dont know this person, i presume hes a customer, I have no control over what people say or do in support of a brand... anyway please dont label the Scots were just as nice as you Americans, who I have alot of respect for by the way, just incase you think there is nationality wars going on here !!

Lepke
04-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Not a war at all. I know and have knows quite a few Scottish people. Most I liked some I didn’t. But that guy is a crazy Scotsman.

04-18-2006, 07:40 PM
regardless of the name, what dya all think of can design? bad or good?> or need I ask anymore?

Lepke
04-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Honestly. I think the name sucks. But don’t take that personally. I think the can looks good enough. But brighter colors would help it be seen in a crowded cooler.
I cant taste it over the computer (at least not yet) so can’t give my opinion on taste.
But please do think about 500mil for this market if that’s feasible for you. We are fat Americans. We super size every thing. Remember when in Rome do as the Romans. When in America do as the ugly American.

Good luck on your venture.

04-18-2006, 07:49 PM
okay points taken into consideration, think we will be holding back for a while...

-VV-
04-19-2006, 01:14 AM
Just a couple of comments..

I have to say that when I was scrolling down the page, and came across the picture, the first thing that crossed my mind was that the can looked like a Red Bull can in Black and Gray. The four section flag element is remarkably similar to the sections on the Red Bull can, except there is no slant and the top and bottom area have alternating checks. That accompanying the list of contents, I have to admit that my impression of this seeing it on a shelf would be that it was a Red Bull knock-off.

However, not having tasted your product, I will refrain from actually calling it a knock-off, but first impressions are powerful forces to reckon with. Was there any intentional mimicking of the design, or is the similarity purely coincidental? If that was my first impression, I'm sure many others will see it the same way. I think it would be very difficult to convince people to try a product they perceive to be a knock-off unless you intend to price it much cheaper. Why would they spend the money on your untried brand, when they could spend the money on a product they are familiar with and enjoy? If your success hinges on convincing someone to try your brand, and sealing the deal with the taste, I'm not sure your current packaging is ideal for creating that sort of response.

This is all my personal and unprofessional opinion, I'm just trying to give you some honest feedback.

By the way, where did the TKizzle come from? The first thing I thought of was urban slang. Was that the dizzle my frizzle? If not, that's something you may want to consider. The brand name could be a plus or minus depending on your target demographic. I think if you were targeting the young, urban-hip crowd, then the can might be too conservative to get you noticed. If you were going for a more conservative appearance, then your name might be misperceived.

In any case, I think you've got some things to consider and maybe some retooling to do before launching in the US. I'd hate to see you waste the chance if the product is good.

[ 04-19-2006, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: Veruca Vending ]

Doug
04-19-2006, 02:21 AM
32mg caffeine? For us americans, that's a sip of vault and maybe a raised eyebrow

EntreEnergy
04-19-2006, 05:21 AM
The can does resemble red bull, but still looks good. Definitely need more caffeine. You will need to be very creative in effectively marketing the drink for it to sell...that includes choosing a more marketable name.

DudeMan
04-19-2006, 05:52 AM
Doug & EntreEnergy: It's 32mg/100ml. This translates into 80mg per 250ml can (Red Bull.

The can looks like your typical 8.4oz European drink with a Red Bull ingredient list. I think it's too....European. There may be a niche market for this in North America. However I don't think this is where the mainstream is going. The problem with these European drinks is that their main marketing tool is always "cheaper than Red Bull, and tastes better". Very often, this is not sufficient.

04-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Dudeman, do you mean a niche as in with the Urban Crown - why just in North America..? It does taste better and would only be marginly cheaper...

04-19-2006, 01:01 PM
The four section flag element is remarkably similar to the sections on the Red Bull can, except there is no slant and the top and bottom area have alternating checks. That accompanying the list of contents, I have to admit that my impression of this seeing it on a shelf would be that it was a Red Bull knock-off.

Was there any intentional mimicking of the design, or is the similarity purely coincidental? If that was my first impression, I'm sure many others will see it the same way. I think it would be very difficult to convince people to try a product they perceive to be a knock-off unless you intend to price it much cheaper. Why would they spend the money on your untried brand, when they could spend the money on a product they are familiar with and enjoy? If your success hinges on convincing someone to try your brand, and sealing the deal with the taste, I'm not sure your current packaging is ideal for creating that sort of response.

This is all my personal and unprofessional opinion, I'm just trying to give you some honest feedback.

By the way, where did the TKizzle come from? The first thing I thought of was urban slang. Was that the dizzle my frizzle? If not, that's something you may want to consider. The brand name could be a plus or minus depending on your target demographic. I think if you were targeting the young, urban-hip crowd, then the can might be too conservative to get you noticed. If you were going for a more conservative appearance, then your name might be misperceived.

In any case, I think you've got some things to consider and maybe some retooling to do before launching in the US. I'd hate to see you waste the chance if the product is good. [/QB][/QUOTE]
--------------------------------------------
Thanks for your advice, the can wasnt intentionally mimicked on any particular brand, its rather hard to stray away from a feature of design that A brand hasnt done before....As for the conservative comment I understand where your coming from completely however we have other designs in build....the name is actually the Founder's initials TK-and then izzle, it was a slang name for him at school...What is it I have to cionsider, when you say in your comment about slang?? just interested for your ideas??

Harris freeman
04-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Note: Do not come to USA market in 8.3oz can. Start with the can size then spend more time on a creative name but anything going to be better than your name. It makes me think that your true vision is to see your name in stores(I would love to have my name on a can)but I'd rather enjoy bottom line profits.Also,have a strong money campaign to enter the market here. Take your time and get it right(16oz)the first time.

04-19-2006, 02:23 PM
good point...thanks

CStoreCatMan
04-19-2006, 03:33 PM
TK - for you to be successful in the U.S. I would consider the following:

1. 8oz cans are still an okay format, IMO, however, 16oz cans are the big ticket right now. Red Bull is the #1 energy drink...but all other 8oz energy drinks (even good ones) fall FAR, FAR, FAR, FAR, FAR below their numbers. 16oz cans are the norm here...

2. IMO, pricing will play a role in terms of getting distributors and retailers to try your brand. You will need to be very competitive in that arena...you can't come here charging the same as Red Bull, A-rush, etc and expect anyone to bite at an unknown and unproven brand...

3. Whether you like it or not, I think all of the points about the name and can design are valid. The name won't do anything for the average American energy consumer, IMO. And the can design doesn't jump off the shelf enough...everyone has done silver, black, etc.

Try something with a little more "pop"...look at cans like Sobe No Fear Gold and Rockstar Juiced for an example of something that differentiates itself on the shelf next to all of the black and silver cans.

4. I'm going to ask a question. Lets say I, as the American energy consumer, see your TKIZZLE energy drink on the shelf. Why should I buy your drink instead of a Red Bull, Monster, etc? Basically, what makes your drink different or better than those mentioned above or the other 150,000 brands out there? If you can't come up with a compelling answer, you're destined to fail!

I'm posting my opinions and playing a bit of devil's advocate for your benefit. Thanks!

[ 04-19-2006, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]

Doug
04-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by DudeMan:
Doug & EntreEnergy: It's 32mg/100ml. This translates into 80mg per 250ml can (Red Bull.

The can looks like your typical 8.4oz European drink with a Red Bull ingredient list. I think it's too....European. There may be a niche market for this in North America. However I don't think this is where the mainstream is going. The problem with these European drinks is that their main marketing tool is always "cheaper than Red Bull, and tastes better". Very often, this is not sufficient. Ah, thanks for pointing that out to me, I apologize...

Harris freeman
04-20-2006, 12:04 AM
I wish you much luck with your brand(16oz).- Jonathan

kay fabe
05-03-2006, 09:09 AM
#1 name is weird, unless it was snoop dogg's drink. even then it wouldnt make sense. maybe if it was like snoop's energizzle drizzle.
#2 cans are even weirder.
#3 the 16oz can thing. since sobe came out with the no fear line i havent bought a 8oz can. i couldnt tell you the last time i saw someone with a 8oz can anywhere other than bartenders at clubs pouring jager bombs.

just my $.02

SumPoosieCat
05-03-2006, 03:18 PM
The 16oz can is energy king now it seems. I have been keeping track with the owner of a very large conveniece store to see how my energy drink moves compared with others. To my surprise 16 ounce cans are moving 5 to 1 over 8 ounce cans. Enough said.

Lepke
05-03-2006, 03:23 PM
In the more sophisticated New York metro area, 8 ounce red bull is still king.

05-03-2006, 03:26 PM
1)we have a new brand name now
2)we will launch in USA with 8 OZ Can
3) We are preparing design and purchase of 16 oz cans

POP
05-04-2006, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Lepke:
http://www.tkizzledrinks.com/tk003.jpg The TKIZZLE can looks like a black version of CL-ONE.
http://www.matadorconcepts.com/images/Clone%20BannerW.jpg