PDA

View Full Version : Theory of Cancer Causing Monster Lo Carb

Spartan Dan
04-19-2006, 12:07 PM
I read online that Monster Lo Carb Contains Sodium Benzoate and Vitamin C. Scientists theorize that when the two are mixed, they create a chemical known as Benzene which is known for causing cancer. We can only infer that Monster Lo Carb, may have some cancer causing side effects. Just some Drink for thought.

the saint
04-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Along with about 400 or so other drinks. In both regular sweetened and diet/ sugar free versions.

Doug
04-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Who wants to put money on it that Rockstar and/or RB kicked in a little "funding" for whatever "study" you read?

and as the saint said, there are hundreds of drinks that contain this mix, and really...even if this did give people cancer, what would the statistics on it be? 1 person in every 50 million bottles? you have a better chance of becoming president than getting cancer from that

DudeMan
04-20-2006, 07:45 AM
I haven't been told anything about cancer. But we were told that Vitamon C and Sodium Benzoate were thought to produce some sort of toxic mix. For this reason we removed Vit. C from Rage.

Lepke
04-20-2006, 10:29 AM
The benzene thing has been in the news a lot lately I started a thread about it.
http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003771

Spartan Dan
04-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Im not one of those protester types. And I agree with Doug on the 'funding' issue. Who knows. And I saw the thing on the news too. Thats what got me into it. I still like Monster, and im researching other drinks that may contain these ingrediants so that i may avoid them for now. Besides, ive been drinking the Lo Carb Monster for a long time, and im fine.

EntreEnergy
04-20-2006, 09:42 PM
RB and RS kicked in money? Did monster miss this window of opportunity? I know some conspiracy theories too.

DudeMan
04-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Why would RS kick in money? Rockstar up here has Vitamin C and Sodium Benzoate.

Spartan Dan
04-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Well so does Vault and Amp. Theres Probably 35 dinks out there with that kind of combantation. Not to mention food. Im not worried about it. The FDA has been on it for a while.