PDA

View Full Version : AB purchasing Red Bull

Goldmember
04-22-2006, 06:55 AM
I know how this stuff starts sometimes, but I heard from 3 different Anheuser Busch sales reps yesterday that AB is now in negotiations to purchase Red Bull.

What led me to believe that it might be true is that it seems up until a few weeks ago, AB was close to closing a deal with Monster that fell apart.

Perhaps now they have turned their attention towards the market leader.

Am I going crazy, or has anyone else heard anything about this rumour?

Super Jay
04-22-2006, 12:48 PM
i think you are going crazy

Lepke
04-22-2006, 01:01 PM
IMO

I see no reason why the mad Austrian Dietrich Mateschitz or his partners at TC Pharmaceuticals would sell RedBull.

This brand is a cash cow for both owners. The poularity of the austrian version has caused a huge upward spike in sales of the Thai product that is solely owned by TC Pharmaceuticals. I see no reason why they would want to sell. And they own 49% of the austrain company.
As far as Dietrich Mateschitz, this company is so lurative and has made him so welthy what would posses him to sell out?

While I wouldn’t be surprised to hear AB approached RB about acquiring the brand I can’t imagine that the owners of RB would seriously entertain the prospect.

[ 04-22-2006, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

Spartan Dan
04-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Red Bull is a fairly big sales drink. What's up with this news?

Whats wrong with this picture?

DudeMan
04-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Is it just RBNA or Red Bull GmbH Austria? Dietrich Matheschitz owns 49% of Red Bull GmbH Austria. He's been to Thailand several times to try and purchase the 51% of the shares that TC Pharmaceuticals owns but without success.

If what you're saying is true, I think it would only be about RBNA. If it's about Red Bull GmbH Austria, and I strongly doubt it, they could only get the 49% owned by Dietrich Matheschitz's company, which is called "Distribution & Marketing GmbH". TC Pharmaceuticals owns the other 49%, and TC's president, Yoovidya Chalerm owns the other 2%. This means that essentially TC owns 51% and I doubt they will ever sell their shares. They invented Red Bull.

I think Dietrich is too much of a control freak and Red Bull fanatic to sell his entire company. This guy gets incredible satisfaction just from seeing the name Red Bull in as many places as possible worldwide. He bought a Formula 1 team just to show off. That team is a huge company expense. It's costing him much more money than it is generating.

Keep us posted if you get more details.

Spartan Dan
04-22-2006, 01:46 PM
Brav freakin O man.

Lepke
04-22-2006, 01:58 PM
DudeMan

You are 100% correct about Der(energy drink) Furor Dietrich Mateschitz. He is a bit of an egomaniac. He just bought a NY soccer team and re-named it the Red Bulls.
http://images.forbes.com/media/2005/03/127.jpg
He won’t sell.

[ 04-22-2006, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

Spartan Dan
04-22-2006, 02:03 PM
There's Pride and Ego, then there's Egotistic.

Ooylara
04-22-2006, 05:51 PM
No acquisition by AB in the energy-drink market is happening according to this April 4 article in the St Louis Post-Dispatch - http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/business/stories.nsf/0/C14DF90E869A6B1386257147000DCFFD?OpenDocument

Goldman- Why did you say that it "seems" a deal with Monster fell apart?

Spartan Dan
04-22-2006, 06:57 PM
That strikes up an interesting conversation. The responce to which, I too, would like to hear.

leisuredrummer
04-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Haha, I don't think Dietrich Mateschitz is an egotistical guy because he bought a soccer team and named it the Re Bulls, he sounds like a genius to me. Great marketing.

Lepke
04-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Because he is a marketing genius he cant be an egotist?
The most successful people in the world have very high opinions of them selves.
I suppose you would say Donald Trump is not an egotist? Or Martha Stewart? Richard Branson? Barbra Streisand? Frank Sinatra? Hitler? Stalin?

Boy you are brain washed.
Just keep eating the red BULL they feed you.

Spartan Dan
04-23-2006, 04:14 PM
I didnt hear about the deal with Monster. What happened with them?

I was out of the loop.

Goldmember
04-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Look,

I work for an RB distributor, and I beleive/ understand everything you guys are saying about Dietrich and the Bull. My livelihood is based off of RBs success. I am not some dumb shmuck from community college who randomly stumbled onto this website to do a book report on energy drinks.

I dont have any info that the AB Monster thing is off. It was purely speculation on my part that perhaps there was some snags with the AB/Monster relationship that forced AB to try to negotiate something with the Bull. It was the only way I could see something like this coming together.

All I can say is that several AB reps in my market came out of a sales meeting early Friday and started bragging in the trade that AB was now in the process of purchasing RB and that they were soon going to be distributing the brand.

I guess the best thing to do is to wait until business resumes tomorrow and to start asking our Bull reps if they have heard of anything. Also, if the rumour has any truth to it, it might be available by tomorrow in some reputable publications.

From what I was told it was some sort of buy out. Maybe it is just RB north America and not Global RB. In any case, I am hoping that this was just some other BS rumor that randomly got spread around.
Let me know if anyone hears anything this week.

Spartan Dan
04-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Are you implying that some of us may be dumb shmucks from community college? Im a University Student. I skipped high school. I found this website and joined up because I like Energy Drinks.

I am also a Certified Advanced Open Water Scuba Diver with Second Stage Underwater Navigation training. I am most certainly not dumb.

And yet I dont care. Go figure.

Goldmember
04-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Yeah,

I definitely am implying there are a lot of dumb schmucks from community college on this board. Sounds like you are not one of them. Congrats on your scuba certification. Please dont take things so personally.

Super Jay
04-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Possibly your distributor will lose their distribution rights of Red Bull. Your local bud distributor may be taking the brand to distribute for your local area. That may have led your local AB reps to talk to you and tell you they are buying out Red Bull. When in fact they are not buying anything out, they are only goind to distribute Red Bull for a certain area. Red Bull does not sell distribution rights as far as I know.

fusion
04-23-2006, 05:08 PM
That would make the most sense out of anything that's been posted on this topic.

leisuredrummer
04-24-2006, 12:56 AM
Yeah sure, but you are saying he is egotistical BECAUSE he bought the team and named it that. I dont think that makes him egotistical, although he may be personally.

Lepke
04-24-2006, 01:03 AM
No what I said was that he is a bit of an egomaniac. Then I pointed out that he bought the soccer team.
I was referring to much more then buying a sports team.

One day after they chew you up and spit you out, you will know what I’m talking about.

You are a disposable employee. Only you may not know it.

[ 04-24-2006, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

DudeMan
04-24-2006, 02:39 AM
I don't think one could do a book report on energy drinks. Energy drinks aren't books.

Spartan Dan
04-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Ha. books, that was good.
A drink Report. In what class would you write a report on Drinks anyway?

Spartan Dan
04-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Goldmember:
Yeah,

I definitely am implying there are a lot of dumb schmucks from community college on this board. Sounds like you are not one of them. Congrats on your scuba certification. Please dont take things so personally. I was not taking such an insult personally, just defending my self from it. I am no dumb schmuck.

But really, Who Cares?

[ 04-24-2006, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Spartan Dan ]

SumPoosieCat
04-24-2006, 08:37 PM
Hanson's stock up up and away! I think AB is making a play, we shall soon see. It would make sense.

Lepke
04-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by TallThinBlonde:
Hanson's stock up up and away! I think AB is making a play, we shall soon see. It would make sense. Did you read the article from the link posted above?

SumPoosieCat
04-25-2006, 07:33 AM
Yes, I read it but what do you expect them to say? Yes we are in talks??? the stock would go through the roof. It just makes sense. They have been looking to get into the energy market and this would give them a huge foot in the door. It would not surprise me a bit. HANS is up 500% in a year! Look for the stock to hit 200 before the 4th of July.