PDA

View Full Version : Sobe Superman Super Power

redchucks219
04-22-2006, 12:13 PM
I was stopping in at a local gas station when i spotted Superman Super Power Adult Energy Supplement. I've never seen or heard of this before and I'm wondering if any of you know anyting about it. I'll post a pic if anyone hasn't seen. (I'm not exactly a pro photographer)
http://i3.tinypic.com/w6yr8x.jpg

the saint
04-22-2006, 12:21 PM
No Fear in a promo can for the summer. Supposedly in the movie but don't quote me on it.

[ 04-22-2006, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: the saint ]

redchucks219
04-22-2006, 12:24 PM
I could be wrong but it seemed like it had a different taste as well.

pepsidew
04-23-2006, 10:36 AM
i havent seen it, i didnt think it was out yet. but its just no fear in a superman can? that seems weird

the saint
04-23-2006, 12:25 PM
I was sure they had added a different flavoring in it but I was told it is the same. I thought it tasted different but I do not drink e drinks so I wasn't sure. It should be released in the next week or two nationally for the summer.

Super Jay
04-23-2006, 06:16 PM
A friend just bought one for me today down near columbus ohio

Bill Brasky
04-23-2006, 10:11 PM
I would have assumed Super Jay already had such a product and would have informed us by now......slacker! haha! j/k

mr jones
04-23-2006, 11:59 PM
The flavor is said to be cherry-vanilla...

DudeMan
04-24-2006, 03:42 AM
The can says Yerba Mate and No Fear doesn't have any. So it can't be 100% the same as No Fear.

richlockard
04-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Is this drink just a limited time thing, or will they be keeping the product? I have noticed that this is not the same as SoBe No fear, not only does it taste different (MUCH better to me) but the ingredients are also different, as well as the amount of calories, ect.

I am hooked on this drink, seems to give me a nice boost, but I can't seem to find it in the store anymore (maybe its sold out, I'm hoping its not discontinued already). There is no information about it on the SoBebev site either. Its a great drink, I'd like to see it continued, even if under a different name.

Any info apprectiated, thanks.

FargoPepsiSalesman
04-28-2006, 01:05 AM
Sobe "Superman" is going to be a limited additon from information I have received. It is a cherry vanilla flavored No Fear. It was supposed to hit shelves May 1 but I don't knwo if all the plants that had it obeyed this. Keep your cans when you do get it, as they will be sure collector items.

Pepsi Man

upinarms
04-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Saw one a week or two ago at some random gas station. I might try it later today when I venture out.

pineapple1337
05-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Just opened a can of it today (had it sitting in my backpack for a few days now. bought it at a Safeway) but is it just me or does it taste awfully like Koolaid powder? Maybe just bringing back reflections of Grade school when the cool thing to do was eat koolaid outta the package >.< at least this isn't giving me a stomach ache! ... yet

Smooth going down, first taste was liek fuk, this is sweet! it's incredbily sweet compared to other energy drinks i've had, but we'll see how I feel towards the middle of the day tho.

upinarms
05-02-2006, 07:50 PM
For the most part I enjoy most SoBe stuff but good lord, I absolutely hated the taste of this stuff. I guess you could say the flavor is cherry vanilla-like, but not like the familar Coke or Dr Pepper sort of taste. Its not like the flavor of No Fear at all, either.

I drank about 1/4 of it before I had to throw it away. I was a little sick this week so I was taking Robitussin PM syrup before bed and it tasted almost exactly like that.

It had that syrupy, sweet fake cherry flavor that just isn't drinkable in 16 oz, or even 8 oz form. To me it tasted just like Robitussin or Nyquil. Yuck.

kay fabe
05-03-2006, 09:46 AM
the worst tasting of the sobe line.

DMC
05-03-2006, 04:31 PM
really? i'm not a fan of any of the SoBe line, but this is pretty good stuff.

richlockard
05-04-2006, 03:03 PM
I like the flavor of the Superman drink as well, everyone has different tastes though. I didn't like the taste of normal No Fear, but No Fear Gold seems to taste a little better (maybe smoother?), but I prefer the Superman.

It does taste like cough medicine a little though, but so does "red" soda... and I loved that stuff growing up.

DJ HawaiianShirt
05-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Blech, this drink tastes like cherry Nyquil.

In my opinion, the worst energy drink that Sobe has put out.

Nick Laugher
05-15-2006, 09:36 PM
man I wish they had this in Canada...or if they do, I wish they had it around here.

David J.
05-15-2006, 10:18 PM
I saw some at the store. I like how it says "Adult" Energy Supplement.

I have a empty can of No Fear Gold in the car, it was decent.

*MR. B
05-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Ive tried it and it is diff. from the the regular no fear.

SumPoosieCat
05-21-2006, 12:14 PM
I bought one today and I have to admit I have yet to find a SoBe product I can drink AND enjoy.

Red Sox fan
05-21-2006, 10:08 PM
yea, I found it to be overly syrupy as well!!

Joey
05-22-2006, 11:53 AM
I thought it was pretty bad. I recently tried Sobe Gold and thought it was good.

Tone
05-24-2006, 10:25 PM
damn i wanna get my hands on the superman its sounds good and im a huge superman fan, I love the No Fear One Carb Drink. i thought it was delicious.

David J.
05-24-2006, 11:27 PM
I have tried Sobe Gold, the only one I have tried, and it was pretty good. I'd like to try this tommorow.

Sparkina
05-26-2006, 05:05 AM
Tried it and that is some tasty stuff! Most energy drinks (or octane beverages, as I call them)have that yummy tangy fruity taste, like melted SweeTart candies, but the Superman beverage has a DIFFERENT kind of yumminess to it -- no tang or fruitiness at all, just the smooth taste of COLA with maybe a sweet spark of vanilla. And it gives me the boost I need to stay at the top of my powers. Now, THAT is a beverage fit for a SUPERHERO (just wish they would keep it, even if only under a different name, and make a ONE-CARB version)

dogdaiz
06-12-2006, 04:26 PM
can someone post the nutrition facts on the can? just curious to see whats in it in comparison to all the others. thanks!!

redchucks219
06-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Ingredients: Carbonated Water; HFCS; Taurine; Natural Flavor; Sodium Citrate; L-Carnitine; Caramel Color; Phosphoric Acid; Malic Acid; Inositol; Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C); Citric Acid; Caffeine; Monopotassium Phosphate; Cochineal (Color); Grape Juice Concentrate; (Color); Pyridoxine; Hydrochloride; Panax Ginseng Root Extract; Yerba Mate Leaf Extract; Guarana Seed Extract; Zinc Methionine Sulfate; Folic Acid; Cyanocobalamin

Nutrition Facts: serving size 8 fl oz; servings per container 2; calories 130; sodium 110mg; potassium 25mg; total carb 32g; sugars 31g; protein 1g; vitamin c 100%; vitamin b6 250%; folic acid 30%; vitamin b12 100%; zinc 5%; taurine 1000mg; L-carnitine 25mg; inositol 100mg; guarana 50mg; yerba mate 50mg; panax ginseng 25mg;

Superman has Yerba Mate, which NF doesn't. Other than that the only differences are coloring, flavoring, and some of the daily value %'s