PDA

View Full Version : So are the fast food companies going to jump in the fray?

David J.
04-30-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm just wondering why there are no energy drinks sold at places like McD's or BK. Or why haven't any of those places have tried to come out with their own energy drink exclusive to their company?

I think this is one of the next big frontiers in the fast food industry, just that I'm the only one to realize it. I could see McD's or BK selling Full Throttle at their stores, or at the very worse, reselling KMX as a new product or something.

Mr Zabe
04-30-2006, 06:37 PM
My arm chair guess is that the fast food restaurants (McD's and BK) would sell any drink if it helped boost sales. What I mean, do people drink energy drinks and eat a greasy meal at the same time? Does food go hand in hand with the not so appetizing taste of say Red Bull?

Fountain drinks are sweet tasting. The American public has developed a taste for them. Eating a fast food meal and gulping down a Coke/Pepsi just seem pleasurable to most Americans. Water,coffee and soda pop are the lubricant of the fast food industry. One could not survive with out the other.

At this point in time and maybe not in our life time do not I envision the American public changing their tastes when it comes to fast food and soda pop.

I disagree with your statement. Energy drinks are not a "big frontier" of the fast food industry.

[ 04-30-2006, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

-VV-
05-01-2006, 12:19 AM
So someone orders a large value meal, with a Full Throttle - they get a 32oz serving of Full Throttle. I suspect there's some liability issues involved with offering energy drinks in the same manner as any ordinary beverage, in regular beverage quantities. All it takes is one ER visit for heart palpitations, and the project is over.

Doug
05-01-2006, 01:18 AM
I've seen Red Bulls coolers start to pop up just about everywhere around here-Wal-Mart, grocery stores, Best Buy, The Sports Authority, I think it's just a matter of time before they enter fast food joints, maybe not on tap but in mini coolers

pineapple1337
05-01-2006, 12:00 PM
If they offered some sort of decent energy drink I.E. Full throttle-coke places, AMP-pepsi places on the tap, man all gamers would flock there with their laptops (or at least i would)...get an air card, or find some net access point and be that loser sitting in the corner the whole time with a power generator gamin (since i know they wouldn't let me use an outlet =( )

I've seen Sobe beverages on the tap, but never an energy drink. I think what was said before about those sensitive to caffeine would be the dumb arse to drink too much of it on accident and be headed to the ER. No good =(, rather let's have em develop Diabetes over time! MmMmm

David J.
05-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Ok, bad idea.

I will admit my next think it'd be big thing was a bit ambitious, but so was the money spent on the McDLT and Arch Deluxe and look what happened to those... :rolleyes:

Can't win 'em all.

David J.
05-04-2006, 08:16 PM
And when I said sell them, I meant like in bottles, not on tap.

Like how they sell bottled watter.

the saint
05-04-2006, 08:38 PM
MMMMM McDLT, with the revolutionary container that "keeps the hot side hot and the cool side cool" Too bad the tasted like what my dog left in the yard a few minutes ago.LOL

[ 05-04-2006, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

David J.
05-10-2006, 09:19 PM
I went to Applebee's they had Sobe Adrenaline Rush included with softdrinks, also mixed with non-alcholoic beverages, and alcholic beverages.