PDA

View Full Version : Full Throttle

David J.
05-16-2006, 10:06 PM
So, is coke going to expand this product line? Full Throttle doesn't taste very good and doesn't give you much of a boost. Fury was just as poor, and at the end it was a tad water-y.

Even though I do not like it, I see that there is a lot of potential for the brand, so I'm curious.

RedBullFan
05-17-2006, 01:27 AM
I don't know about those brands, but I was courious about Von Dutch that Coke sells on the west coast. What is going on with that brand?

NRgizR
05-17-2006, 08:23 AM
Coke is discontinuing Von Dutch in the Midwest.

CStoreCatMan
05-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Von Dutch seemed to make an appearance out here (SoCal) for a few months...then it was forgotten and replaced with extra facings of Full Throttle and Fury. IMO, the use of the Von Dutch brand name came a few years too late and the packaging was terrible. It never stood a chance.

David J.
05-17-2006, 01:54 PM
I've only seen Von Dutch a few places in New York, and I hope it sort of expands.

It's pretty decent.

cokepa
05-17-2006, 06:04 PM
We have Von Dutch and Sugar Free Von Dutch here in PA. This is actually an extension of Rockstar instead of Full Throttle. It doesn't seem to be a real hit here. Full Throttle outsells it by a long shot.

fusion
05-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Von Dutch was brought out and quickly forgotten about. It's a shame, I think the flavor is pretty tasty. Maybe it will reappear as a Rockstar-branded flavor in the future?

Ooylara
05-17-2006, 09:19 PM
On the east coast I've noticed that some distributors recently pulled Full Throttle and have given the shelf space to Tab.

Look In The Tunk
05-17-2006, 10:56 PM
There's Von Dutch in Hampton Roads, VA. I had the Sugar Free at Wal Mart in December and I liked it.

SURGE
05-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Ooylara:
On the east coast I've noticed that some distributors recently pulled Full Throttle and have given the shelf space to Tab. That seems alittle unlikely from the Coke level- perhaps it is simply certain store- though even that would surprise me. TaB has been a pretty solid thud across the nation and is outsold by FT by about 5-1.

BATBL18
05-18-2006, 05:51 PM
I personally think the Full Throttle flavor is a good one. I like the lemony taste in the original. Even moreso, I like Full Throttle Fury. It's orange taste is very refreshing. I do not like the taste of Rockstar, I think it tastes too bubblegummy. I do like however the tropical tasting Rockstar Juiced. I think the juiced is a very easy to drink energy drink. I have never seen Von Dutch here in CT, so I cannot comment. Overall I hope the Full Throttle rands stay around. I doubt they are going anywhere either because they are selling decently and you have to give the brand some time to grow and promote before you can pull it.

EDR
06-06-2006, 02:04 PM
The original Full Throttle wasn't impressive, but I actually like Full Throttle Fury. The sweeter taste really helps it go down smooth.

Doug
06-06-2006, 04:05 PM
I think they'd be better off buying Rockstar and ditching Full Throttle except for select markets where it sells very well-the taste just isn't there

.:.[S.H.C.].:.
06-07-2006, 10:08 AM
yeah ROCKSTAR is better

CCE Girlie
07-02-2006, 12:58 AM
Von Dutch is history. Full Throttle and Full Throttle Fury are the two big hitters for Coca Cola (not to mention Rockstar).
Let's just say that you are all going to be suprised with the next energy drink that Coca Cola puts out. ;)

Joey
07-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Its all over OR, and WA for $.99 I believe it does pretty well around here due to its price.

zne0
07-03-2006, 11:46 AM
NutriVation the reason its a this price is because Coke is about to DC the product because its not seeling for what I know its not selling.

CCE Girlie
07-12-2006, 09:36 PM
ZNE0---There is NO WAY Coke is going to discontinue Full Throttle. That stuff sells very well across the country as a whole. Just because it doesn't sell well in one state doesn't speak for the entire country. Believe me--I know.

ehinkes
07-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Count me as a big fan of the Full Throttle product. I'm not huge into Fury but it's okay and both versions in their sugar free form hold up well.
-----------------
E
http://taurinerules.blogspot.com

zne0
07-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Sorry for not explaning my self there CCE Girlie I was refereing to Von Dutch bein disc. not Fullthrottle.

Tone
07-21-2006, 02:58 AM
not big on von dutch but i love full throttle and fury even the sugar free is good. the kick might not be as good as some but i love the taste of full throttle.

SumPoosieCat
07-22-2006, 03:11 AM
Not much of a fan. Full Throttle sounds kind of child like. From what I have seen it just does not sell well for a brand that spent 50 million to promote it.

SumPoosieCat
07-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Anyone know when they will pull the plug on this one?

CStoreCatMan
07-24-2006, 11:22 AM
They won't...not anytime soon.

NRGSLLR
07-24-2006, 03:42 PM
TTB since Coke is discontinuing Von Dutch, this would be your prime opporutnity to try and sell them on the benefits of selling SP. I am sure they would understand the branding of the product and it's pro cat message.

Nick Laugher
07-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Coke should stick to marketing Rockstar and TAB, both are miles about Full Throttle, which is a very poor excuse for an energy drink.

greg
07-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by TallThinBlonde:
Not much of a fan. Full Throttle sounds kind of child like. From what I have seen it just does not sell well for a brand that spent 50 million to promote it. Thats Coke modis operi. Spend millions to promote and then watch it die on the shelf while you fill your portfolio full of natural competitors. Coke lets its own products get lost in the soda aisle and coolers because it has TOO many choices.

SumPoosieCat
07-24-2006, 05:16 PM
NRGSLLR... I have a better idea... three years from now tell me how many cases of Full Throttle Coke is selling and I will tell you how much SumPoosie I am selling... I think I will win!

David J.
07-30-2006, 02:14 AM
I gave FT and FTF another shot and I am in love. I guess I had dated cans or something. o_0