PDA

View Full Version : Boy someone has been busy

JSCNitro2Go
05-19-2006, 01:28 PM
I have read all of the comments in relation to Nitro2Go and I think someone is really putting some bad publicity out against this great product. Go to Google.com and do a search on
Nitro2Go and see how many pages you come up with.?? If drinks are collecting Dust on the shelf then that is a distributors error by not keeping the store serviced correctly. If someone has not returned your phone calls, then you didnt call me, as we answer the phone @ my office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-469-3010. Other distributors that carry other products, IE: Monster, Red Bulls, Rockstar or Full Throttle are merely order takers, they dont sell anything, they just take orders. New products take salesmanship and product sampling to new customers. If you have followed the Nitro2Go Program, and failed then you definitely didnt have the correct instructions in the beginning. There are over 700 Energy Drinks currently on the market, and Nitro2Go is the top of the pack. Read the Bev Net Review if you want to know what people think of the taste of the beverage. It is there in plain english. How many other companies can you name that have been in this business for now 9 years that are still here.?? Surely, something is going right!!

Stay tuned and I am anxious to see your responses soon. JSC

Lepke
05-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Now this is a post by someone who knows how to represent a company.
You seem polite, professional, not confrontational and offering good service. Very refreshing considering the hostile posts by other people connected to this brand.

And you are 100% correct; there is a huge difference between a real salesman and simply an order taker.

I don’t know if nitro2go is as you put it “top of the pack” but with a salesman like you they could be one day.

greg
05-19-2006, 02:28 PM
It seems to me that obviously someone has had to sell all of the brands mentioned.Monster was nowhere on the radar screen 5 years ago now look at it. The same with Rockstar. That takes salesmanship. As a matter of fact the only one out of the 4 you mentioned I would loosely describe as order takers is the Full Throttle. Coke, like anyone would do in their situation, force the new product on you and use their flagship brand as the leverage.

It is my feeling that people don't like Nitro2Go because of the reputation of its sales force: The usual Nitro2Go rep is rude, arrogant, and overbearing.

Lepke
05-19-2006, 02:50 PM
While at one time monster, rock star and even red bull had to be sold to the stores by real salesmen, today they no longer need to be pitched to a retailer. Now they just go in and take the order.

Ron Swedelson
05-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Please raise your hand if you have been a sales rep for Monter, RockStar, or Red Bull? I have been a sale Rep. for Red Bull, and while repping other items, been on ride alongs with reps who sell Monster and Rock Star. Let me tell you, it may be MUCH MUCH easier a sell than pitching a new energy drink, but there is still sales involved. It is almost as hard to pull a new spot on the shelf for a new drink, and to keep your own space, or try to expand for a new sku. Even a huge chain like Safeway or Albertsons, when on Ad, Red Bull still has to be sold in for a display. Like I said, it may be easier than pitching a new brand, which I have done, but there is so much involved with the upkeep, and competition, and shelf space, that if you think of that job as an order taker, you will not last.

Lepke
05-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Ron,

In this market the RB distributor calls the shots. They have the retailer trained.
A couple of years ago they had a meeting with all the account managers to tell them that at this point they are all disposable. At one time they needed a real sales force to get 100% penetration and the full shelf space. At this point RB owns their shelves and no retailer is touching them. That space is taken and that’s the end of it. Like I said they trained the retailers like trained dogs.

It takes no sales skills to pitch the stacker promotions and 4 and 12 packs displays and so on. The account manager explains the deal and if the retailer wants the free goods and he does want the free goods he takes the deal.

Todays account managers are nothing but order takers.

The distributor here is tough and is not well liked by the storeowners or managers but they do as they are told because here RB is king.

SDR
05-19-2006, 09:31 PM
I agree with Lepke here. Anywhere you go in Baltimore the energy drinks are on the shelves and selling well. Orders are being taken.I have a Safeway 2 miles from my house and I have never seen a display for an energy drink. Just today I went down the aisle with the Energy Drinks and the shelves with Monster and Red Bull were half empty.

SumPoosieCat
05-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Maybe this is not the right place to mention this but it seems to me that Red Bull has made a serious mistake and is on the sidelines while Rockstar and Monster run up and down the field. Red Bull distibution nationwide does not begin to compare to that of Coke and AB. It seems Rockstar and Monster have a leg up and soon will have Red Bull in their REARVIEW mirror. Teaming up with those giants seems to be a huge move for both Rockstar and Monster. Seems Red Bull was sleeping at the wheel.

JSCNitro2Go
05-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Boy, I am so glad to see some responses per my posting. It is great to see a good group of beverage guru's at their best.

Let's not forget that Red Bull is manufactured in South Vietnam for $6.00/24ct case landed here in the USA. So they have $$ millions to spend on advertising and shelf space that is not available to an AMERICAN Beverage Vendor. In our State of Arkansas, no beverage vendor can occupy more than 60% of any one shelf. This is seen as a monopoly. Do they really PAY FOR THESE spaces or do they simply give them 24ct cases for the space.?? Ask to see the actual contracts given to the retailers and you might find the story is different. As far as Coca Cola, aka Full Throttle or oka Rock Star, these guys are the RED ARMY, and no one can compete with them as they OWN the cooler, store, shelf or maybe they just have the store owner convinced that they do. um?? The largest problem with any new or existing energy drink or water is having total coverage distribution. If Coca Cola, Monster, Rockstar, etc, come out with a new flavor or sku, within 7 days it is in the store. This is priceless and hard to beat. If you service your store, sample the employees and customers, I can promise you that Nitro2Go will OUTSELL any brand. Good Pricing and Great Tasting Product. Hard to compete against the Red Army & Blue Army (PEPSI), but we are trying and we are NOT going away, so stay tuned. JSC

the saint
05-20-2006, 12:33 AM
If it was manufactured in South Vietnam I do not believe it would be any good since South Vietnam hasn't been a country in 30 years.

Lepke
05-20-2006, 12:57 AM
JSC,

The original red bull was and is made in Thailand. It’s noncarbonated, syrup like and comes in little glass bottles. They also make a squat 250 mil can, also noncarbonated.

The red bull you are competing against is made in Austria.

NRgizR
05-20-2006, 01:00 AM
TTB,
It appears that you would like nothing better than to see Red Bull fail. I think the demise of Red Bull will be later than you think, if at all. From what I have read you have your own brand of energy drink and are reaping some of the benifits of this category that Red Bull created.

As far as the Red Army; No question the power of the big red truck is huge. But does anyone think Coke's managment and account managers can keep their eye on the ball? Is this just another flavor of the month for them? Over 400 sku's is one heck of a portfolio. It almost becomes a case of the boy who cried wolf. Every new package/brand is "top priorty". How long can that last without the account managers seeling what they think will sell on their route and not what upper managment thinks is top priority.

AB picks up Monster and a week later buys Rolling Rock beer. I'm sure the drivers are happy about that. How many new trucks and reps will they need? There are several national accounts that AB does not go to and now will have to service.

My opinions are only that.

JSCNitro2Go
05-20-2006, 01:18 AM
Thank God for Red Bull and all of the other brands too, this makes for an interesting category that is growing very rapidly. Wherever, Red Bull is made it is much cheaper than making it here in the States. I hope someone will agree, and RB was the first to the plate with this type of drink. With 100's of Energy drinks and counting, there is still plenty of room for everyone. Bring it on, we need all of the competition we can get. By increasing the sku count this enables distributors to grow the category and shelf space will follow.

If you will think back just a couple of years ago, there was RB and a few other energy drinks on the shelves, now we have full doors with energy drinks. JSC

Lepke
05-20-2006, 01:57 AM
It would actually be much cheaper to manufacture in the United States. Packaging in Western Europe is quite costly. Then figure shipping across the pond and that brings the price up substantially.

I’m guessing it cost nitro2go around $6.00 a case to make the stuff here. And they don’t put as much money into marketing as a brand like red bull.

Nitro2go could easily afford to sell their product to the distributor at $12.00 and still supply the POS for free.

[ 05-20-2006, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

-VV-
05-20-2006, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by JSCNitro2Go:
Wherever, Red Bull is made it is much cheaper than making it here in the States. I hope someone will agree, and RB was the first to the plate with this type of drink. Red Bull is still made in Austria and imported. It is by no means cheaper to bring to the shelves in the US than its domestic counterparts. There are plenty of drinks manufactured right here in the US that run their product at the same price points, and many who sought to take advantage of their lower costs by offering more product for the same price. I suspect the margins for all the 16oz brands are pretty close to what Red Bull makes on the 8.3oz can.

I think it's clear where TTB and his beverage company stand on the RB issue. Its ckear from their marketing approach, that they have chosen to line themselves up as competition for Red Bull, even going so far as to create a comparison table that likened Red Bull's color to "urinary yellow". I guess you could call it a love/hate relationship, but I suspect professional jealousy would be more accurate.

[ 07-13-2006, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: -VV- ]

JSCNitro2Go
05-20-2006, 07:52 AM
We could debate the cost factor of energy drinks until we are BLUE In the FACE. RB is a great product with a great taste. Hands Down!! I am just glad we have RB as if we didnt, some of us might not have a job. 16 oz Energy drinks cost at least 2X as much as 8.3 as there is 2X the ingredients and the Alcoa and Ball charge more for larger cans. Really, in my view, RB is in a category by itself. KING of the Crop! The 2nd Category is every body else.

IE: Budweiser is the King of Beers, so they own the category. Same scenario as Coca Cola or Pepsi.

Our job as distributors and salesman, is to figure out how much of the 2nd Category PIE we want to occupy and utilize to our advantage.

Above someone mentioned that 16 oz margins are the same or similar to 8.3 oz margins. ??

4 RB @ $1.99==$7.96 32 ounces total
2 16 oz Other Brand @ $1.99=$3.98 32 ounces total

I am not a math scholar but this margin does NOT look close to me. JSC

SumPoosieCat
05-20-2006, 10:27 AM
If you were going by ounces sold Red Bull would be number 2 in many areas !!! The KING would be Monster !!! Red Bull has done a fantastic job of creating an energy drink market but in doing that people are now looking for other choices. Rockstar and Monster are USA companies that understood the American consumer and realized 8 ounces was not enough. Red Bull has come to the party late with the 16.9 ounce can in Vegas. I was just there and I can tell you at 3.69 it is not selling. Why pay 4 bucks when you can have a Monster or Rockstar for a little over 2?

-VV-
05-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by JSCNitro2Go:

4 RB @ $1.99==$7.96 32 ounces total
2 16 oz Other Brand @ $1.99=$3.98 32 ounces total

I am not a math scholar but this margin does NOT look close to me. JSC What's missing in your analysis?

You can't calculate a profit margin without costs. Since I do not know what it costs RBNA to import the 8.3oz cans for distribution, there is no reasonable way to calculate the difference. However, importing, assuredly, brings with it some additional costs. If you assume that RB costs twice as much to produce and import than a domestic product, then their profit margins would be almost exactly the same for the 8.3oz as it is for the 16oz. The costs are exactly the same, so the missing variable is $ per oz (or ml I guess I should say).

The point is, it costs less to make it in the US and distribute it here than it does to import.

When is the last time you bought a 6-pack of an imported beer and paid the same price as a domestic? (Excluding sales of course)

It's just an observation. Your idea that they are somehow gouging the consumer with cheap imports from "South Vietnam" was just off the mark. I'm simply pointing it out. I agree with you on most of your other points.

[ 05-20-2006, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Veruca Vending ]

-VV-
05-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by TallThinBlonde:
If you were going by ounces sold Red Bull would be number 2 in many areas !!! The KING would be Monster !!! Red Bull has done a fantastic job of creating an energy drink market but in doing that people are now looking for other choices. We all understand that you go to bed every night praying for the demise of the great "urinary yellow" beast. But, unfortunately, despite your spin to the contrary, Red Bull remains the undisputed leader of energy drinks in global sales, and in US sales. You continually press on about how Red Bull is losing market share to Monster, but the truth is, the category is growing - so the point is irrelevant. When Red Bull's growth slows down to less than double digits, or the market levels and they continue to lose share, then I'll pay attention.

As an aside, Red Bull used to be a small beverage company just like yours. When they were starting out, I'm guessing if someone approached them via email or message board, etc, asking where they could find a location to evaluate their product or where they could purchase the product for evaluation elsewhere, they probably had the professional courtesy to at least respond.

[ 05-20-2006, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Veruca Vending ]

SDR
05-20-2006, 08:44 PM
JSC,

I have not seen Nitro2Go in or around Baltimore. I am a loyal RB drinker but I would be willing to try it and then post my analysis. Can you tell me where in my area I can find it?

Thanks

SumPoosieCat
05-21-2006, 01:45 AM
Veruca we used to have it out for Red Bull because that is who everyone compared us to back in the day. To be honest the comparison is now with Monster and Rockstar. Sure Red Bull will always be Red Bull but the facts are with the new distribution agreements Monster and Rockstar signed, they are the ones that concern me and are now the competition. Its amazing how things have changed over the last year.

JSCNitro2Go
05-22-2006, 03:45 PM
If anyone on this site, would like to receive FREE Samples of Nitro2Go Energy Drinks or Nitro2Go Slim Water, just send me an e-mail, and they will ship immediately. Please include your name, address & phone number for UPS Shipping.

All the best, J.S. Clayborn

drinknitro2go@msn.com

CStoreCatMan
05-23-2006, 12:38 PM
In another thread, I gave an account example where Red Bull (8oz regular) sold about 353K units...and Monster (16oz regular) sold 284k units. In that same account...both RB and Hansens did over $1mil in sales. However, the ENTIRE RB portfolio outsold Hansens by ONLY $64,000...That's a very small margin. I think its very obvious that RB is losing both sales and share to the competition.

JSCNitro2Go
05-23-2006, 01:03 PM
I see this point with Monster & Rockstar, maybe you do too. I live in a Border City on the Stateline of Texas & Arkansas, here in Texarkana.

The Coca Cola Distributor goes to both sides of the City, as they sell Coca Cola Products everywhere. However, the Arkansas side sells alcohol, and the Texas side does not sell alcohol, so I am wondering will this prohibit the Budweiser Distributor from going on the Texas side to sell Monster.?? I think there will NOT be much distribution of Monster by AB, in counties that do not allow alcohol sales. Another words, Coca Cola aka Rock Star has an advantage here, and we may see an increase in sales on the Rock Star Side, because of this difference. Time will tell. I really do not see AB delivering Monster only to Dry Non Alcohol Counties, I could be wrong. Stay tuned. JSC

NRgizR
05-24-2006, 12:00 PM
JSC,
Your right on, time will tell. There are a lot of unknown factors. I just don't see this being as much of a slam dunk as others may think...TTB.