PDA

View Full Version : LIQUID BLOW ~ POWER POP!!!

POP
05-24-2006, 12:13 AM
I didn't want to post in the "Energy Drinks" forum but it seems that this subsection has more "traffic". Just want to remind everyone that this isn't a RB knockoff or "another e-drink" but a POWER POP.

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003941
http://cars.netmonkey.org/albums/ipg35c/can_black_reflection01_1200x1600.sized.jpg

Bevnet, if you consider this spam, I'll delete or blank the thread immediately.

I just want to let everyone know what I've been working on.
I welcome all positive and negative feedback.

Thanks.
D

[ 06-07-2006, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Dizz ]

BevNET
05-24-2006, 07:00 AM
Dizz -- If you'd like to promote your product, why don't you send us some product samples and a news release....

SumPoosieCat
05-24-2006, 07:34 AM
Liquid Blow? Who is this for? Studio 54 people that want to relive 1978?

POP
05-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by BevNET:
Dizz -- If you'd like to promote your product, why don't you send us some product samples and a news release.... Hi Bevnet.
I'm preparing my press release.
It was in my plans to submit LB over to you guys.
I just wanted to be thorough with my kit.
I'm still waiting for some artwork to be completed.

If this thread(s) is/are a problem by all means lock them down.

Thanks.

POP
05-24-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by TallThinBlonde:
Liquid Blow? Who is this for? Studio 54 people that want to relive 1978? No, it's for people who are looking for an explosive power pop.

DJ HawaiianShirt
05-24-2006, 11:16 AM
I know I have always been looking for an explosive Power Pop... ;)

Seddrick
05-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Samples please.

DudeMan
05-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Honestly, I like it. Congratulations, it's not easy developping an original product. I thing the clean and catchy design, the use of Sucrose as the sole sweetner, and the simple formula (Caffeine+Guarana) may all play in your favor.

The idea of dropping "trendy" and "exotic" ingredients in favor of a sharp tasting sweetner shows that some thought has actually been put in this product.

Now all you need is a strong marketing concept where you educate the consumer and very clearly define the category of your product. Don't let confusion over whether it's pop or an energy drink slow down sales and don't let it be open for debate.

-VV-
05-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Liquid Blow? Who is this for? Studio 54 people that want to relive 1978? I suppose the irony of this post is lost on you. Surely you're not giving someone a hard time about the name of their product.

-VV-
05-24-2006, 01:43 PM
And good luck in your endeavor, Dizz. Love the can, and the concept.

POP
05-24-2006, 06:21 PM
Hey Dude and Veruca, thanks for the well wishes.

Dude, the best is yet to come when my website's fully operational. I hope to make the "true POP" conneiseurs(sp) proud.

To those who PM'd me about samples.
I sent the samples out today via US Postmaster.
Please check your parcel boxes in a few days or so.

I have a few requests for you guys, please don't pour it over ice. I'd like for you guys to drink it ice cold right out of the can.

Obviously, the colder the better, so if you have the patience, please let it chill in the icebox for a few hours.

Also, please consume it in the early part of your day. There is a massive does of caffeine in the 16oz serving. But I'm very proud of the fact that I masked the bitterness of the caffeine to a minimum yet retained a slight amount of bite.

When the cans were getting filled, I asked my copacker to up the carbonation levels a point or two more than what the flavorlab had set it at.
As printed on the can, "Heavily Carbonated".

I hope you enjoy them, I look forward to your feedback.

Beverage Slinger
05-24-2006, 11:37 PM
nice clean package,very sano,great color mix,and the red pull tab is a nice bonus.

POP
05-25-2006, 01:38 AM
Thank you sir.

DudeMan
05-26-2006, 02:23 PM
How much caffeine is in there?

POP
05-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Hey Dudeman, I won't give any specifics on how many mg's LB has, but I will say that my Power POP has more caffeine than the industry leader of energy drinks, per serving of course.

Allpro, I replied to your message, however the email address that you provided got bounced back to me.

DudeMan
05-27-2006, 06:13 PM
When you say more caffeine per serving, you mean including the 24 oz energy drinks? Or do you really mean oz for oz.

SumPoosieCat
05-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Is this an energy drink? Or is it a Soda?

POP
05-28-2006, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by DudeMan:
When you say more caffeine per serving, you mean including the 24 oz energy drinks? Or do you really mean oz for oz. Hey dude, LB has less caff. than those 24oz cans that you mentioned.

That'd be insane if a 16oz serving would contain that much "juice". :D

POP
05-28-2006, 07:09 AM
Is this an energy drink? Or is it a Soda? None of the above.

It's a POWER POP.

Mr Zabe
05-28-2006, 07:16 AM
Dizz,
Man I'm ready to Power Pop. smile.gif
Soon I hope. smile.gif
Zabe

[ 05-28-2006, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

POP
05-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Morning Z.
I did send your sample out a few days ago.
I hope it arrives to your address ASAP.
It's been about four days now, hopefully it'll get to you after the holiday weekend.

reset man
05-29-2006, 11:19 PM
Is this a one flavor product or will there be multple flavors? Is it kind of like the Jolt soda products, if not what are the differences? I just started selling Jolt in the new 24oz. battery can and it is moving, particularly in all c-store accounts located near high schools.

POP
05-30-2006, 01:13 AM
Hey JLP.
For now, there is only one flavor, citrus(lemon/lime)-berry(strawberry)-guarana.

I've only experienced the "old school" Jolt cola in a glass bottle and the cola flavored 24oz re-sealable battery can, so I can only to compare my soda pop with those flavors.

The only thing my power pop has in common with the Jolt brand is water, sugar/sucrose and caffeine. It's to my understanding that Wet Planet claims that the caffeine that they use is "natural".

SumPoosieCat
05-30-2006, 02:31 PM
I think the heavy carbonation is a bad idea. I don't think people want to burp guarana. However, I wish you the best... go get em!

POP
05-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Haha... Ok.

Since "Heavily Carbonated" is clearly printed on the can, the people "who don't want to burp guarana" or burp period, should stay clear of Liquid Blow, obviously it's not for them.

SumPoosieCat
05-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Understood... In my opinion "Heavy Carbonated" is a bad idea. Not many people care to burp their drink.

POP
05-30-2006, 08:42 PM
I guess there's an echo in here, so I guess it's my turn to be redundant...

"Since "Heavily Carbonated" is clearly printed on the can, the people "who don't want to burp guarana" or burp period, should stay clear of Liquid Blow, obviously it's not for them."

Btw,
Thanks for keeping this thread at the top of the page.
;)

SumPoosieCat
05-30-2006, 08:52 PM
My pleasure! I wish you all the best!

Booma69
06-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Dizz, great job with your package. I hope to see it soon here in SoCal.

POP
06-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Booma, I'm in Irvine!
Holla atcha boy!
I'll have a cold can waitin' for ya.

acambece
06-02-2006, 02:35 PM
look yummy

Cambece

POP
06-02-2006, 08:30 PM
It really is.

ALLPRO
06-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Dizz, Get my company samples asap!!! I really think you have something unique to the market!

POP
06-03-2006, 12:22 AM
Will do.
I have to send and re-send samples(to the one's that got lost in the mail) on Mon.

I'll get tracking numbers for you all this time.

baconforme2au
06-03-2006, 11:06 AM
I would really like to try this drink

Mr Zabe
06-04-2006, 07:06 AM
Dizz
I received the sample in Saturday's mail.
I shall be posting later in the day. smile.gif
Zabe

Seaside
06-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Dizz- I received LB sample yesterday, chilled it up and drank it out of the can today. I really enjoyed it. It went down clean and crisp. The citrus flavor balanced the berry flavor very nicely. No strong after-taste. The clear color of the liquid didn't leave a nasty color in my mouth. The carbonation wasn't as strong as I thought it was going to be - it seemed just right.

As for the power of the pop, I got a nice kick. Compared to an energy drink, such as RB, I wasn't overwhelmed with a heart flutter or the nasty come down I usually get. Compared to a soda pop, the caffeine high plus the guarana was much stronger and welcomed. Its been 3 hours and I still feel up without any weird side effects. I think LB will mix very well with liquor and I can't wait to try it out.

As we know, the name and the packaging are well thought out - eye catching. All in all, I give it a positive review. I've sampled many types of drinks, like most of this on the this board. I think there is a market for it and I look foward to seeing it on the shelves. Great job Dizz! I want more!!!

POP
06-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the positive review Seaside. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed LB.

Let me know if you're stocked up with Ketel One.
It seems that "Mind Blowers" are catching on very quickly around Socal.

Larry Charles
06-05-2006, 06:51 AM
Dizz I just want to give you props on your drink. After tasting it today I knew you had something great. Thanks for the sample.

POP
06-05-2006, 08:16 AM
No worries Larry, it was good seeing you again. Thanks for taking the time to sign up and post your kind words.

Nick Laugher
06-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Looks like an amazing drink you've got here Dizz, I think it's definitely going to go far. It really stands out from everything else on the market, you've really done your research. I'd love to review this if you're willing to send me a sample.

POP
06-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks Nick. I sent you a PM.

I just want to add that it seems that everyone that has sampled my soda pop appreciates the flavor.

On a sidenote, I just want quickly mention that LB is very "light" Power Pop.
Light meaning that it isn't very sweet compared to Mtn Dew, Monster etc., It's not "sticky" or syrupy.

If you prefer your carbonated beverage's to be saturated with massive amounts of sugar, this beverage isn't for you.

Per 8oz serving, Liquid Blow has 26grams of sugar.

I'll be honest and say that it might disappoint the people with a big sweet tooth.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-06-2006, 09:47 AM
I wanted to wait till later in the day to give my review, but I just couldn't.

Two weeks till the day after being sent, my Liquid Blow finally arrived. I suppose that's what happens when you trust the USPS to cover 3000 miles.

As per Dizz's request, my POWER POP is fully chilled, still in the can, and is replacing my morning coffee. I'll post later as to what kind of "boost" I get from it. And today, I'll need it: I'm going out to apply for more jobs for this summer. It's true that the Mexicans have taken them all! No offense, Ramon. smile.gif

I'll firstly critique the can. To be honest, I don't really like the name of the drink. I think it's a little too edgy and unless you're under 25 or so, I don't see it as very appealing in terms of name association. I also don't like the "Yay for Liquid Blow!" quote on the side of the can. To me, it seems a little childish. However, everything else about the can, I like. I like the font, I love the look of the can, and I love the rest of the captions. I think it's great that the homepage URL is there, I like the "Drink it cold" suggestion. As a self-proclaimed tree hugger, I also love the "The world is yours. Recycle." on the bottom. The can is very attractive and will catch eyes in the cooler. It resembles the Full Throttle Fury can a bit, but then again, that's also a good looking can.

I'm sorry Dizz, but I'm going to base the rest of this review on Sprite Remix Aruba Jam. This is a good thing, as I hope you'll see.

The more and more I drink LB, the more and more I realize that it's basically Sprite Remix Aruba Jam with guarana. Please don't think I'm crazy. Aruba Jam is my favorite drink(many people here on the board should know this by now). I could pick out Aruba Jam out of any blind taste test, and LB comes close. Think about it: lemon lime with strawberry? That's Aruba Jam all the way. But, I think the addition of guarana adds a lot to this drink. Its guarana taste is even more strong than BAWLS, which is solely flavored with the herb. The sucrose makes the drink very light and refreshing. It's not exactly chuggable, thanks to Dizz's additional carbonation, but if I went against his orders and poured it over (non-rinsed) ice, then it would be. There's definitely a lot of caffeine in this. It's several places from last in the thankfully short list of ingredients. But this drink has almost no aftertaste. The caffeine's bitterness is completely blended within the first taste that your tongue gets and it sits well.

"Ok, DJ HawaiianShirt, you crazy fool, so you think this stuff is basically Aruba Jam. Aruba Jam was a failure! What makes LB different?" I'll tell you. They are three important things...

1) Better Flavor. The addition of guarana and sucrose makes LB a very refined and tasteful drink. As Dizz said, it's not very sweet or heavy. I think that's fine. My only problem is that its can and market segment might indicate otherwise, but it's not a big problem.

2) Functionality. While Aruba Jam was simply non-caffeinated Sprite knock-off, LB is POWER POP! More practically, it is soda specifically designed to give a "kick" via both caffeine and the trendy guarana. This functionality could definitely entice first-time buyers to pick it up.

3) Most importantly, marketing. While Sprite Remix was the 3rd installment of a limited edition flavor line of Sprite, LB is a unique product marketed under an interesting name, eye-catching can, and within a quickly-growing segment(even though Dizz may not be perfectly happy with it, the fact is that his drink will definitely be classified as an energy drink by both professionals and the public). We've talked a lot about how Coke can confuse their consumers. With LB, there is no confusion. Dizz has gone out of this way to explain his drink on the can in a fun manner.

I think LB is a great soda and I would buy it all the time if it ever makes it out of California. I'm sorry about all the comparisons, Dizz, but I hope you see why I did it and that, in these circumstances, it's definitely a compliment.

I wish you luck, Dizz, and may the distributors and retailers be kind to you.

[ 06-06-2006, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: DJ HawaiianShirt ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-06-2006, 01:40 PM
This is a follow up on LB's "kick". I definitely felt peppy this morninng as I walked out the door. But luckily I wasn't jittery. As far as I know, only a cup of real coffee with a shot of espresso in it (sometimes called a "Red Eye") can do that; it makes me nervous and anxious and my heart race.

Overall, great job Dizz. I wish I had more.

BevNET
06-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Hopefully we'll get some soon smile.gif

POP
06-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Bevnet, I'm hustling.

I didn't realize how difficult it is to find a reputable and cost effective print shop.

I was promised 5-7 days that my "Paperwork" will be ready to roll out.

Thank's for having patience with me and putting up with my (juggernaut)antics.
:D

mr jones
06-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Sounds awesome Dizz! I emailed you to see if I could try a can...when you get a chance of course! :D

So when is your official launch and how much product will you have ready at that time?

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-07-2006, 01:31 AM
Hey Jones,

Look at the Liquid Blow thread on the General Board, I think it will answer your questions.

SumPoosieCat
06-07-2006, 07:50 AM
Does Liquid Blow contain HFCS ?

Mr Zabe
06-07-2006, 09:10 AM
It contains sucrose. No HFCS. smile.gif

POP
06-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
It contains sucrose. No HFCS. smile.gif Yeahyuh!!!

ALLPRO
06-07-2006, 10:34 PM
LB is chilling! Looking forward to a morning Blow! WIll give my 2 cents tomorrow am.

huskers_75
06-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Awesome I got mine today, I was surprised how fast it came( only 4 days) the can looks awesome and shiny, and you can tell it is highly carbonated. I will cool it and wake up early tommrow morning,and drink it, and then tell you guys what I think

[ 06-15-2006, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: huskers_75 ]

huskers_75
06-16-2006, 08:26 AM
I drank it this morning, and thought it was very refreshing and tasted really good. When I drank it, if gave me a boost of energy right away. Liquid Blow is the best tasting energy drink that I have had. The sucrose, gives it a natural refreshing taste. I do like sweet pop, and thought that the sweetness of Liquid Blow was perfect, not to sweet, but sweet enough. As DJ HawaianShirt said, it does taste a little bit like Aruba jam, it has a tropical taste. As I said it gave me a boost right away, after I drank it I felt good, not tired, and not jittery. It does have a lot of caffine, but not to much. I have to say that this is the first energy drink that gave me a boost that quick.

I really like the design of the can, I like how Liquid Blow is silver, and that thing around it, I also like the black parts on the bottom and top, and the red tab. The can is eye catching, and I think a lot of people would pick it up if they saw it, and once they tasted it they would probably buy more.

I really like Liquid Blow, and think you did a great job on it Dizz. It does what its supposed to do, it gives you a nice boost of energy, and is actually refreshing and tastes good unlike most energy drinks. I wish you luck dizz, and hope you do well in the soda business. If Liquid Blow ever makes it to Nebraska, I would definitely drink a lot of it.

NRGSLLR
06-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Dizz Just from a midwest stand point, a lot of retailers are reluctant to put a product in their stores that would give someone the impression they are buying a liquid cocaine. There was an energy drink called Dickens Cider that a lot of communities ran out just because of the negative message.

Maybe I'm just old school

POP
06-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by NRGSLLR:
Dizz Just from a midwest stand point, a lot of retailers are reluctant to put a product in their stores that would give someone the impression they are buying a liquid cocaine. There was an energy drink called Dickens Cider that a lot of communities ran out just because of the negative message.

Maybe I'm just old school Those retailer's need to get their mind's out of the gutter.

Power POP, explosion...
KA-BOOM!!!
That is all.

NRGSLLR
06-16-2006, 04:19 PM
No offense just letting you know. Good luck with your product roll out.

POP
06-16-2006, 08:48 PM
None taken.
It takes alot more than ignorance to offend me.

ALLPRO
06-16-2006, 09:31 PM
My 2 cents....The Midwest is not the ideal place for an intitial launch of a new product. Like everthing else in this country, trends start on the East Coast or the Left Coast. Rockstar and Monster both initially launch on the West Coast.

POP
06-19-2006, 10:26 AM
The west is the best...

SumPoosieCat
06-19-2006, 07:41 PM
You say get you mind out of the gutter but liquid blow to some is in the gutter. Liquid blow instead of dry blow? Are you using the word as a verb or a noun. Sounds like you are using it as a noun and that could be the problem.
Blow has been used for many years as another word for cocaine. Maybe you should have consider this before you decided to use it as a noun and not a verb. The name and the graphics seem a bit childish. I will be curious to see if it sells at all.

redchucks219
06-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Got my can today, here's what i thought:

* Taste: Tastes very good, no bad aftertaste like some energy drinks. Refreshing flavors work good with the high carbonation. Goes down very easy, like a soda. 10/10
* Kick: Not overwhelming, but still noticeable. Does what the can says "quick bump of energy" 9/10
* Ingredients: Down to the basics with just caffeine and guarana, I think that's a good approach. And its nice to see such a short ingredient list. 10/10
* Design: Nice can design, appealing, yet clean. The idea of a "power pop" seems very good, but the 16oz can may associate it with the energy drink category (not sure if you want that). 9.5/10
* Overall: Good taste and good look make this one of the best drinks I've had. I'd purchase it regularly. 9.5/10

DudeMan
06-20-2006, 03:32 AM
This seems like a good product. I just don't beleive for 1 second that the person who thought of that name did not have the term cocaine in mind. Even if that was not the "intended" meaning. Anyone who comes up with such a name knows very well there will be a double interpretation....and that had to be appealing to them.

POP
06-20-2006, 04:39 AM
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blahIs it me, or is someone getting "catty"?
(hahaha)

POP
06-20-2006, 04:57 AM
Thanks DudeMan, it really is a quality csd.

I wouldn't really describe the brand as a double entendre, but more like a multiple one.

As I mentioned earlier, people will interpret the brand however they want. Their reactions usually show what's on their minds.

All I know is that my company developed a kick a$$ power pop that pack's a punch, and the best part is that it actually tastes good! Like the flavor, like doesn't suck.(haha) If anything it'll make your tastebuds sing. :D

It'll be fun.
LB fun.
;)

POP
06-20-2006, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by redchucks219:
Got my can today, here's what i thought:

* Taste: Tastes very good, no bad aftertaste like some energy drinks. Refreshing flavors work good with the high carbonation. Goes down very easy, like a soda. 10/10
* Kick: Not overwhelming, but still noticeable. Does what the can says "quick bump of energy" 9/10
* Ingredients: Down to the basics with just caffeine and guarana, I think that's a good approach. And its nice to see such a short ingredient list. 10/10
* Design: Nice can design, appealing, yet clean. The idea of a "power pop" seems very good, but the 16oz can may associate it with the energy drink category (not sure if you want that). 9.5/10
* Overall: Good taste and good look make this one of the best drinks I've had. I'd purchase it regularly. 9.5/10 I'm glad you enjoyed LB.
I apologize again on behalf of USPS that your sample arrived late... Very late.

And thank you very much for such an awesome and well detailed review.

SumPoosieCat
06-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Not catty Dizz just giving you an honest opinion, Liquid Ice, Liquid Lightning, Liquid X, and now Liquid Blow? Too may Liquids already. People seem to like the product itself so think of a name change to something more original. IMO.

POP
06-22-2006, 04:30 AM
Hiss...tongue.gif

-VV-
06-22-2006, 04:37 AM
Not catty Dizz just giving you an honest opinion, Liquid Ice, Liquid Lightning, Liquid X, and now Liquid Blow? Too may Liquids already. People seem to like the product itself so think of a name change to something more original. IMO. So the SumPoosie team has decided to take the moral high ground on tasteful names. Interesting.

POP
06-22-2006, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Veruca Vending:
So the S**P***** team has decided to take the moral high ground on tasteful names. Interesting. Please, this thread's about the World's First Power Pop, not some drink named after TTB's grandmother's cat.

VV, I'll kindly ask of you to never speak of that brand ever again on this thread. ;) :D

SumPoosieCat
06-22-2006, 08:24 AM
Moral high ground ??? I said there were too many LIQUIDS already around... what has that got to do with MORALS ?

By the way SumPoosie is the World's first Energy Liquid !

POP
06-22-2006, 05:13 PM
That's great, why don't you start an "Energy Liquid" thread. I think you can use some alone time.

Nick Laugher
06-22-2006, 08:43 PM
God damn that's a good energy drink.
Very good work on Liquid Blow man, I love it, and it's got a great kick. Full review coming soon :D

POP
06-23-2006, 01:13 AM
Thank you very much Nick.
I'm glad that it finally made it to Nova Scotia.

I look forward to reading about it in the "cereal bowl".

CStoreCatMan
06-23-2006, 01:29 PM
Dizz,
Don't worry about TTB's ravings on your thread. He's probably a bit taken back by all the positive feedback you've received when he's had some tough criticism on here. Either way, from what I've seen and read on here - you've done a great job with your beverage and I think you have pioneered a new type of e-drink (or PowerPop >> e-CSD?) Anyways, great job! Have you presented to any local distributors or retailers here in SoCal?

SumPoosieCat
06-23-2006, 10:46 PM
Lol... I am not raving. I am simply giving my opinion. It's not enough to have a great tasting product. If that were the case I would be out selling Red Bull by a mile. Who is going to drink this? What distributor is going to carry Liquid Blow? More importantly why would they carry it and not liquid ice or liquid x or liquid lightning! Where is this product going to be sold? What kind of POS is available... etc. etc. Why would I buy a Liquid Blow?

POP
06-24-2006, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
Dizz,
Don't worry about TTB's ravings on your thread. He's probably a bit taken back by all the positive feedback you've received when he's had some tough criticism on here. Either way, from what I've seen and read on here - you've done a great job with your beverage and I think you have pioneered a new type of e-drink (or PowerPop >> e-CSD?) Anyways, great job! Have you presented to any local distributors or retailers here in SoCal? CStoreCatMan,
At the risk of sounding arrogant, please TRUST ME when I say this...

TTB's jibberish is the last thing on my mind. I think my dog's bowl movements are more interesting than his posts.

Please email me: pop@liquidblow.com so I can correspond with you in detail about the socal and norcal disty's.

Lastly, thank you for the kudo's.

POP
06-24-2006, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Poosie boy:
...It's not enough to have a great tasting product. If that were the case I would be out selling Red Bull by a mile. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Hey, aren't you supposed to be starting an "Energy Liquid" thread?

SumPoosieCat
06-24-2006, 08:06 AM
Jibberish? Dog bowl movements? ... Dizz you have a lot to learn. Good luck in your business adventure.

POP
06-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Dizz you have a lot to learn. Well looking back at your previous posts, it looks like I won't be learning anything from you.

rackitup
07-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Dizz,,

U have a Winner here,

A friend and I just tried the stuff,

Verry drinkable.

R there any other flavors ?

ehinkes
07-13-2006, 09:03 PM
One idea for marketing would be to jump on the whole nonHFCS train. Could be a good niche since I know people are looking for energy without getting the hyper bad HFCS.
------------------
E
http://taurinerules.blogspot.com

POP
07-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by rackitup:
Dizz,,

U have a Winner here,

A friend and I just tried the stuff,

Verry drinkable.

R there any other flavors ? Thanks Rack.
I'm glad you and your friend enjoyed it.

If you wouldn't mind telling me, what location did you find Liquid Blow at?

POP
07-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by ehinkes:
One idea for marketing would be to jump on the whole nonHFCS train. Could be a good niche since I know people are looking for energy without getting the hyper bad HFCS.
------------------
E
http://taurinerules.blogspot.com E,
What you said in your post does not reflect my company's marketing plan, but more like my company's mission statement.

It's my company's main priority to enlighten the American public the hazards of "corny" syrup.

The Liquid Blow website will be up and running very soon.

rackitup
07-14-2006, 09:02 PM
[

Rack.
I'm glad you and your friend enjoyed it.

If you wouldn't mind telling me, what location did you find Liquid Blow at? [/qb][/QUOTE]

Dizz I found it at Superior Nissan in Commerce

[ 07-14-2006, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: rackitup ]

POP
07-17-2006, 09:45 PM
www.liquidblow.com (http://www.liquidblow.com) is up and running.
Thank you.
D.

David J.
07-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Man, I hope this stuff hits NY soon.

My Monster addiction is bad. I drank two in a row and tried to go to sleep two hours later -- not a good idea, but funny.

POP
07-21-2006, 03:38 AM
Sorry David, it'll be awhile until LB launches in NYC.

We haven't "officially" launched Liquid Blow in socal just yet, but we're going "left to right" with the product.

greg
07-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by David J,:
Man, I hope this stuff hits NY soon.

My Monster addiction is bad. I drank two in a row and tried to go to sleep two hours later -- not a good idea, but funny. You drank 2 Monsters in a row and then tried to go to bed?!?!! Forget the Energy aspect, you just downed about 64 g of Sugar and then laid down to go to bed. How is your body going to use that sugar? It isn't going to need it for energy. You just allowed your body to store 64g of sugar as fat.
Not a good idea.

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-21-2006, 10:24 AM
What? I can special order this stuff now?

Dizz, expect my order before the summer's out...

CStoreCatMan
07-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Jibberish? Dog bowl movements? ... Dizz you have a lot to learn. Good luck in your business adventure. This from a guy who got TONS of feedback on his drink and still ignores ALL of it. Much of the feedback came from seasoned industry folks. Hmm...who has something to learn?

Anyways, I think Liquid Blow is one of the most clever names for an energy drink I've seen in a long time...It just makes me chuckle when I think about it. I'm glad to hear you're getting things rolling in California and I hope to see it soon.

greg
07-21-2006, 01:10 PM
I guess it's my age but I think the name could be better. It lacks imagination in my view. It is too easy to have negative conotations ascribed to it by millions of consumers. Mind you not as bad as Sum Poosie but in the same genre.
Sex and drug related names are not indicative of great thought and thorough market analysis. They seem to be good ideas in dorm rooms filled with smoke and bong water stained carpet but not in the mass market.
IMO a name for a brand that your going to make your lively hood from must be something that will not leave you embarrassed saying it in a boardroom, in front of anyone(Mother, grandmother, inlaws ,etc), in 10-15 years, etc.

POP
07-21-2006, 04:23 PM
DJ- PM me when you have a chance please.

Cat man- I feel the same as you. smile.gif

Greg- I'M SUPER PROUD OF THE FACT THAT I HAVE CREATED AND BROUGHT THE CONCEPT OF A POWER POP TO THE MARKET, SEE THE CAP LOCKS? THAT'S HOW PROUD I AM... I have nothing to be ashamed of.

And I'll kindly ask you like I asked VV(Veruca Vending), please don't associate my brand with S*m P**sie, or mention that brand on MY THREAD.

Lastly, in regards to your signature, I am right.

NRGSLLR
07-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Dizz, Why not drop the Liquid Blow and just use POWER POP? More mainstream. Just my opinion

POP
07-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Mainstream?
Then what are Charms Blow pops? Are those underground lollipops?

Liquid Blow is mainstream, like it or not.

SumPoosieCat
07-22-2006, 02:59 AM
Liquid Blow will have a hard time finding a niche with a name like that. It's a little much for mainstream.

Charms Blow Pops make you think of blowing bubbles...

Liquid Blow sounds like a liquid form of dry blow or cocaine. Not a good idea.

SumPoosieCat
07-22-2006, 03:08 AM
By the way Cstorecatman I have been in the beverage business for nearly 20 years. SumPoosie has been in Playboy, Maxim, and on the Jay Leno show. We sold nearly 200k cases last year and the product is shipped to all 50 states and 11 different countries around the world. I started the business four years ago in my kitchen. So what is it you want to tell me... what is it you think I need to learn... fill me in ... !

-VV-
07-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Liquid Blow will have a hard time finding a niche with a name like that. It's a little much for mainstream.:rolleyes:

SumPoosieCat
07-22-2006, 09:16 AM
I have Sum experience in that area... ;)

POP
07-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Really? Were you surprised when retailers didn't want to carry a brand named after your grandmother's dead p-u-s-s-y cat?

SumPoosieCat
07-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Dizz I am not here to argue with you. Like it or not I have a very good brand that sells very well in the market place. IMO yours will have trouble selling for several reasons but the drug reference is enough to kill it from the start.

Am I surprised when a store won't sell my brand but they will sell liquor and cigarettes... yes!

SumPoosie is a fun, naughty brand to some. Cigarettes and liquor destroy lives and kill millions.

POP
07-22-2006, 05:09 PM
I could careless about your product. Talking to you is like talking to a wall. It's obvious you're unable to read or comprehend what I'm been saying to you. Go start your own thread and stay off of this one.

Do you see me disrepecting or plugging my product on any of your threads?

Is your product that starved for attention that you have to talk about it on a Liquid Blow thread?

As for Liquid Blow, it's an explosive POWER POP to most but you seem to have this facsination with cocaine and drugs. Is there something you're not telling us Drayton?

SumPoosieCat
07-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Ummmm... Dizz two things... you say your "Power Pop" is not an energy drink. Well, if that is true why are you posting in the Energy Drink Forum ???

Secondly, I am hardly the only one that thinks your name invites people to think of drugs.

And one more thing... when given praise you are very happy when I simply point out some concerns you get defensive and nasty.

Not many people on this board have taken a product from scratch and made it work like you are trying to do. I would think you would at least listen to someone who has. :D

DudeMan
07-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Dizz, it seems to me you're really getting on your high horses with this business venture of yours. Let alone the fact that you don't "own" this thread, maybe you should have named it "Liquid Blow - Positive Comments Only Thread".

As far as "creating a concept" as you put it (only in caps), you are not the first nor is a high caffeine CSD something to be extremely proud of. Have you ever heard of Jolt?

Marketing wise, it seems you are basically saving the cost of Taurine, B-Vitamins, and other "energy" ingredients, and re-investing some of those savings on upgrading from HFCS to Sucrose. I'm no marketing expert. It could find a market or it might not. But I certainly wouldn't brag about it and make all sorts of loud claims.

Nick Laugher
07-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Look, the fact is, Sum Poosie has been around for a while, and most of us have only heard, not seen it. Dizz just launched Liquid Blow and already it's buzzing with positive reviews.
All I'm saying is, lay off on the criticism about the product name, a massive case of pot and kettle and the colour black.

POP
07-23-2006, 06:30 PM

Not many people on this board have taken a product from scratch and made it work like you are trying to do. I would think you would at least listen to someone who has. :D Hey dudeman, who's on the high horse now? [Wink]

Listen to yourself man, do you really think I want to take advice from the guy who invented S*m P**sie?

It's quite funny how the only person radiating negativity on this thread is another beverage manufacturer.

Drayton, you're in no position to criticize the name of my product.

POP
07-23-2006, 06:42 PM

...But I certainly wouldn't brag about it and make all sorts of loud claims. I wouldn't expect you to.
Liquid Blow isn't your baby, it's mine. ;)

Dude, in reference to your "my thread" comment, that was a metaphor.

Also, I did say all feedback, negative and positive is welcomed in my first post. But don't you think it should be the consumer's that should comment about the product rather than a beverage manufacturer who is clearly disgruntled about anymore competition in the marketplace?

I'm sorry to hear that you think I'm on this "high horse" but if you have the time to read this thread again, I'm only defending my brand against someone who is in no position to be criticizing mine.

If you have a problem with the brand, that's your deal. Life goes on, I can't please all the people all the time.

Lastly, there's no doubt that Jolt is awesome, however, I think my power pop is better product. And a product that's better than "awesome" is pretty good, right?

POP
07-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Honestly, I like it. Congratulations, it's not easy developping an original product. I thing the clean and catchy design, the use of Sucrose as the sole sweetner, and the simple formula (Caffeine+Guarana) may all play in your favor.

The idea of dropping "trendy" and "exotic" ingredients in favor of a sharp tasting sweetner shows that some thought has actually been put in this product.

Now all you need is a strong marketing concept where you educate the consumer and very clearly define the category of your product. Don't let confusion over whether it's pop or an energy drink slow down sales and don't let it be open for debate. p.s.
Awesome post btw. ;)

SumPoosieCat
07-23-2006, 07:04 PM
:rolleyes:

DudeMan
07-23-2006, 08:30 PM
I never said your product was a bad one. I'm just saying it's no major breakthrough as you sometimes make it appear to be..

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-23-2006, 09:04 PM
This is my opinion on the whole thing if anyone cares.

As much as one may not want to admit it, Dizz's product is in a similar boat as TTB's. Both products are great, but their packages are so edgey that they'll never be seen beside CocaCola Classic in Walmart.

I don't care if one is named after someone's cat and the other isn't supposed to invoke images of drugs. The immediate images to non-informed consumers(and distributors) should be obvious.

I only hope, for Dizz's sake, that they keep an open mind. LB is a fine beverage.

POP
07-23-2006, 11:16 PM
I never said your product was a bad one. I'm just saying it's no major breakthrough as you sometimes make it appear to be.. I never said Liquid Blow is a "breakthrough" product.

Liquid Blow's a power pop.

SumPoosieCat
07-24-2006, 09:16 AM
Then please post in the power pop forum. This one is for energy drinks.

greg
07-24-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Dizz:
Mainstream?
Then what are Charms Blow pops? Are those underground lollipops?

Liquid Blow is mainstream, like it or not. Use your head on this one.
Liquid Blow is an energy drink am I correct? Well what gives you tons of energy.....Cocaine aka BLOW! You can't hide the fact from a consumer that has one once of street knowledge.

BLOW POPS?!?! C'mon, stop stretching this. We all know the BLOW in the Blow Pops reffered to a sucker with Bubble Gum in the center that you could BLOW bubbles with. I challenge you to find me 2 people out of 100 that think the Blow In Blow Pops reffered to cocaine. Conversely, I challenge you to find 2 people out of 100 that DO NOT think that the BLOW in LIQUID BLOW does not refer or connotate to cocaine.

greg
07-24-2006, 11:25 AM
DJ- PM me when you have a chance please.

Cat man- I feel the same as you. smile.gif

Greg- I'M SUPER PROUD OF THE FACT THAT I HAVE CREATED AND BROUGHT THE CONCEPT OF A POWER POP TO THE MARKET, SEE THE CAP LOCKS? THAT'S HOW PROUD I AM... I have nothing to be ashamed of.

And I'll kindly ask you like I asked VV(Veruca Vending), please don't associate my brand with S*m P**sie, or mention that brand on MY THREAD.

Lastly, in regards to your signature, I am right. IF you ever make it to Kroger, WalMart, Walgreens etc how are you going to answer their questions about the name. i.e. Dizz- How did you come up with the name Liquid Blow? What was your thinking behind it? What was your motivation? How do you think this will be percieved by the general public?

CStoreCatMan
07-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Guys, we should regroup and remember we're talking about the energy drink category. Its not they type of category where the consumers will be so easily offended (to a degree). I don't think the name Liquid Blow will put people off - I think most of the target audience will find it to be an obviously comical angle at the play on words and the functionality of the product. I mean, c'mon one can easily connect the word "blow" with the drug...fine. But to call an energy drink (sorry Dizz - PowerPop) "Liquid Blow" because it IS an energy type drink that DOES work (based on reviews on here) is just funny to me. I have a feeling I wouldn't be alone in that thinking. The product may or may not land in large mainstream retailers, but don't think it will be excluded as much as some are saying. The "other" drink that keeps getting thrown out here is another story...people are more uptight about sexual themes IMO.

NRGSLLR
07-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Regarding either of the brands discussed on this thread, ask yourself these questions:
1. Would I let my kids buy it?
2. Would I give it to my wife or girlfriend? Or even let them know I think it is a good product.

greg
07-24-2006, 12:28 PM
CStoreCatMAn,
You make a valid point, however, as I have stated here often: The beverage business is a volume based business. A manufacturer has a greater ability to succeed by getting the drinks in as many hands as possible. With that being said it is obvious that mass market is the way to go and when you go Mass Market you have to answer to the boards of companies that have their investors best interest in mind. Those are the guys that in the end all decisons have to please.
If some buyer brings in Liquid Blow or Sum Poosie and the board starts getting letters from offended Mothers and Fathers then that buyer is gone and it his decision has left an undelable mark on his counterparts.
I'm not bashing these guys products per se, I just think their names could have been better to give them a better shot at Mass Market.
If these guys say they don't want to go Mass MArket that is fine with me, but in the end capitalism takes over the dollar generates feelings of success and therefore a greater need to expand into broader markets to keep the drive and passion rolling.

CStoreCatMan
07-24-2006, 02:35 PM
I completely understand your point about the mainstream, buyers, etc. And you're right to say if Liquid Blow was to enter the mass market - it may receive some opposition at a large retailer. I suspect Dizz isn't at the point where he's looking to those large accounts for business yet. I think he'll be successful in getting some distributors to place his drink in c-stores, mom & pops, etc. and use that base to build from.

Dizz - you should also look into sampling some of your product (if its not too costly) in busy places like Huntington Beach (near the pier), the Block @ Orange, etc. Not sure what is needed to do that (legally), but that would generate some good local buzz.

POP
07-24-2006, 03:05 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/blow

Is dictionary.com's first listed definition "cocaine"? I don't think so...

So, I said it once and I'll say it again.
Get your mind's out of the gutter.
Kaboom!

Cat man, I hear you about those venue's you mentioned. I'm going to strike when the iron's hot, it's just warming up right now.

SumPoosieCat
07-24-2006, 03:48 PM
"Liquid Blow" :confused:

SumPoosieCat
07-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Your using "blow" as a noun!!! YOUR NOT USING IT AS A VERB !!! That is why everyone thinks your talking about cocaine. Deny all you want its what most are thinking about! Liquid Blow.... your describing the "BLOW" as being liquid. Blow as in... Kaboom is used as a verb.
Get it?

CStoreCatMan
07-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Dizz - let me know when the iron is hot! I have some great ideas for you locally!

TTB - we all "get" that anything positive that's said about Liquid Blow will get a counter from you that's not so positive. But, in all honestly, why are you being so hard on Dizz and Liquid Blow?

I'm sorry, but the name Liquid Blow would offend me less than the name of your drink SP...that's just me being honest. It's nothing against you or your product (which those who have tried like very much). Both drinks are unique, creative and have concentrated on quality and ingredients. Believe me, there's plenty of room in the market for you both! Especially since I think both could be positioned differently and be successful. Just curious as you seem to come off kind of harsh in this thread and I'm a peacekeeper by nature (middle child). smile.gif

POP
07-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Your using "blow" as a noun!!! YOUR NOT USING IT AS A VERB !!! That is why everyone thinks your talking about cocaine. Deny all you want its what most are thinking about! Liquid Blow.... your describing the "BLOW" as being liquid. Blow as in... Kaboom is used as a verb.
Get it? Drayton,
You're also in no position to offer me advice on the English language.

It's "you're", not "your".

greg
07-24-2006, 04:26 PM

. Hey Professor, Look up "crank" or "smack" or "e" and I gaurantee you they don't refer to drugs. However, ask some guy on the street what those mean and more likely than not you will get a drug reference out of them.
As TTB said, You have clearly used BLOW as a noun in your name. You can't go back now and change the rules. Just as TTB can't stand by the cooler door and tell people "it's the name of my grandmas cat" you can't stand by the door and say "get your mind out of the gutter".

I would stick with just POWER POP.

POP
07-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Dizz - let me know when the iron is hot! I have some great ideas for you locally!

Awww Yeah, you know it!
Where in Socal are you?

I can't wait to hit HB.

CStoreCatMan
07-24-2006, 04:30 PM
I live in HB...work in South OC.

I've actually contacted you via email already as I go by another name on these boards...(since I work for a beverage company, I have to post some of my opinions separate from this screen name!!)

[ 07-24-2006, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]

POP
07-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by greg:

I would stick with just POWER POP. Nah, I'll stick with Liquid Blow Power Pop.
Great name for an excellent product.

p.s.
You don't have to call me professor, just call me Dizz.

POP
07-24-2006, 04:32 PM
I live in HB...work in South OC. Awesome.

Hey, I'm about to drop off the LB Cruiser at my shop in El Monte, I'll PM you for your email addy when I get back.

CStoreCatMan
07-24-2006, 04:35 PM
BTW Dizz...I like the way you handle constructive criticism along with some of the negative comments on the board. You have a good head on your shoulders. Keep it up and you'll do great.

Nick Laugher
07-24-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm pretty sure TallThinBlonde has no right to be offended by a product name. I'm pretty sure a name like Liquid Blow Power Pop will sell much better than "Sum Poosie" , I'm not offended by either, because let's face it... I'm not sure ANYTHING offends me. But "Sum Poosie" just makes me not want to buy it, it just makes the product sound extremely niche and dirty, like it's an energy drink for porn directors. If we were looking at this from a marketability standpoint (which, we are) Liquid Blow is miles above Sum Poosie. It's not like people are going to think they're actually drinking cocaine, if you think that, then you've got to think that when people drink Sum Poosie they're thinking they're drinking vaginal juices. TallThinBlonde, I think you should stick to your own product and stop trying to assault Dizz on his.

greg
07-24-2006, 05:42 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by greg:

I would stick with just POWER POP. Nah, I'll stick with Liquid Blow Power Pop.
Great name for an excellent product.

p.s.
You don't have to call me professor, just call me Dizz. </font>[/QUOTE]Touche' Good luck.

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-24-2006, 09:55 PM
I don't think the name Liquid Blow will put people off - I think most of the target audience will find it to be an obviously comical angle at the play on words and the functionality of the product.Of course, that's why Dizz made the name. But one has to be realistic and know that the drink's sales will probably not stray too far from this demographic.

Regarding either of the brands discussed on this thread, ask yourself these questions:
1. Would I let my kids buy it?
Nothing says energy drinks are to be purchased by kids. LB and SP are clearly not marketed toward them.

So, I said it once and I'll say it again.
Get your mind's out of the gutter.
Kaboom!
Enough, Dizz.

I love your product's packaging and taste, but no one here believes you when you say that, when you pored over your drink's name for months on end and redigned your can's logo and graphics several hundred times, that you didn't have the word "blow"'s multiple meanings in mind. Of course you want consumers to consciously (or subconciously) think of cocaine when they hear your drink's name; it's part of the edgey appeal.

Has there been a successful American Energy drink without a youthful, edgey name? I can't think of one.

However, I do very much like how you drown out people's criticisms with repeated iterations of "POWER POP" and "KABOOM". Now there's how you do some good marketing. ;)

POP
07-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by DJ HawaiianShirt:

I love your product's packaging and taste, but no one here believes you when you say that, when you pored over your drink's name for months on end and redigned your can's logo and graphics several hundred times, that you didn't have the word "blow"'s multiple meanings in mind. Of course you want consumers to consciously (or subconciously) think of cocaine when they hear your drink's name; it's part of the edgey appeal.DJ, I'll agree that Liquid Blow's mulitiple entrendre's were floating in my mind during all those late nights of redoing the graphics and what not of the can. Whatever message you see on that Liquid Blow can, that's what was floating through my mind. Ka-boom!

However...

DJ, I'm going to have to strongly disagree with the above highlighted statement you mentioned here.

I don't want people to think that when they hear or see Liquid Blow. It's yours and everyone's prerogative to believe me or not.

But what it comes down to is this, I just want people to think period.

And when the gears are turning, grease them up with facts.

Think about that. :D
If you don't get what I'm saying, just ask.

Cat Man, PM sent.

greg
07-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Perhaps I missed this but "Why do you call it Liquid Blow"? What is the Blow in it represent. I know what the "liquid" stands for.

POP
07-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Greg, I think I've been very clear about what Liquid Blow represents.

If you missed it, then you missed it.

CStoreCatMan
07-25-2006, 04:29 PM

Cat Man, PM sent. Got it. I'll hit you up after work - and yes, your guess was correct! Talk to you later.

POP
07-25-2006, 04:31 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dizz:

Cat Man, PM sent. Got it. I'll hit you up after work - and yes, your guess was correct! Talk to you later. </font>[/QUOTE]Haha!
The Great Carnac lives!!!

Sounds like a plan man, talk to you then.

greg
07-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Greg, I think I've been very clear about what Liquid Blow represents.

If you missed it, then you missed it. Re-Read my question- What does the "BLOW" in Liquid Blow mean? Not what or how you want to describe the product. There usually is a meaning behind a word in a name when entendres are used.

You wrote this:I wouldn't really describe the brand as a double entendre, but more like a multiple one.

Could you please tell me what some of those Double, Single, or Multiple entendres are? I see one, obviously due to my poor mental accuities and self loathing prferences for drugs.

Also, You have created confusion by calling it Liquid Blow at times and Power Pop other times. Stick to a name. BRANDING, BRANDING, BRANDING!

POP
07-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Ka-boom, that's what it means to me.

I already listed the multiple entrendre's:
I see you already picked one so we can move on now.

I think I have been very clear about the branding,
Liquid Blow(the brand name) Power pop(the category of csd).

I'm sorry to hear about your "poor mental acuity".

SumPoosieCat
07-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Dizz the problem is you're using blow as a noun not as a verb. As long as you are using it as a noun people are going to think cocaine. If you were using it to mean Ka-Boom you would have used the word as a verb. But...you did not.

-VV-
07-26-2006, 01:11 AM
Anybody remember the "colon blow" skit from SNL a few years back? Hilarious skit. And I'm pretty sure they weren't referring to a Coca based suppository.

My wife and I both thought of explosion, and the graphic of the can further illustrated that use of the word. The word Blow is exploding out of the can. He hasn't put a mirror and straw as supporting graphics on the can. Maybe he could change the meaning entirely to fall more in TTB's camp. Do you want a Blow? Everyone could use a Blow from time to time. When's the last time you had a blow? Why not give your wife a blow? The brand name means what you want it to mean.

If you're going to discredit the brand because it reminds you of Cocaine, then I'm wondering how you justify the fact that the best-selling beverage in the world is Coke. And it isn't an entendre, it says exactly what it stands (or stood I guess I should say) for.

Let's let the brand, the flavor, and the market decide.

-VV-
07-26-2006, 01:57 AM
How about another review?

I received my cans of Liquid Blow recently (thanks for the steep discount, Dizz) and had the opportunity to dig in and try it. I was really anxious to give this one a try, the concept is fresh and innovative, the can looked gorgeous, and I couldn’t wait to have a taste. It was well worth the wait.

Starting with the can, a picture really doesn’t do this can justice. It stands out beautifully. The color arrangement and choice are perfect compliments to the graphic, which is simple yet poignant. It is fresh and alive without being overly busy. The icing on the cake was the red pull tab which gives even the normally dull top a splash of life and color. You can tell a lot of thought went into this can, and it has paid off.

After a full night of chilling in the refrigerator, I was finally ready to give the drink itself a try. With a name like Liquid Blow, and with the advertising on the can proclaiming it’s hyper-caffeinated content, to be honest, I was expecting a bold, overwhelming flavor. My experience with high caffeine content beverages is that they often have to turn the flavors up a notch to mask the increased chemical content and the overall result tends to be heavy with flavors that are strong and bordering on the chaotic. LB's strawberry and lemon-lime flavors and the use of Guarana were perfectly balanced and were overall very subtle. The use of real sugar was perfect here, because the flavor wasn’t overwhelmingly sweet and didn’t tilt the flavor palette out of balance - light and fresh are key words to use here. The extra dash of carbonation gave the drink a “sizzle” that complimented the flavors well and lent itself more to sipping then to full on gulping - perfect. I can see why Dizz recommended chilling the can as much as possible and drinking straight from the can rather than over ice. I tried the drink over ice also and because of its subtlety, it loses some flavor and life over ice. Overall I think he made the right choice here though, since I’d prefer a drink that tasted right out of the can rather than one that was designed extra sweet with HFCS that relied on ice to balance the brix scale. Your time at the flavor lab was time well spent, Dizz.

As for the kick - let me just say that being a vending operator who specializes in energy drinks, I consume a bit more caffeine then the average beverage consumer. I wasn’t expecting LB to do much for me frankly, without consuming more than a single can. I couldn’t have been more wrong. This drink packs a punch, and it only takes one can to get there. It wasn’t a knee shaking ride of nervous energy, but rather a nice lift without the crash I sometimes experience even when drinking energy drinks, including my own products. A full can of LB for someone with a low to normal tolerance for caffeine might not be a good idea, but for those with moderate to high caffeine intakes – a single can will not disappoint.

My only real complaint is not so much a complaint about the drink as it is with the extra carbonation and the complications it may present with shipping. Dizz shipped my products via UPS, and despite being well packaged, UPS shook them up a little which bubbled up the top of a couple of the cans. It is possible that with “less than perfect” shipping, there exists an increased risk of seeing some damaged cans on arrival.

Overall, this product is excellent. The concept was well thought out, and the product isn’t just smooth packaging. It walks the walk - a power pop indeed.

I wish you much continued success with this product, Dizz. For our part, be expecting an email with a refill order here in the next week or so. I’ve got a number of people who are anxious to give it a try (if I’m feeling up to sharing).
smile.gif

[ 07-26-2006, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: -VV- ]

POP
07-26-2006, 04:01 AM
Dizz the problem is... With reviews like VV's along with the other kick@$$ reviews LB has been receiving(You guys know who you are, thanks again.), there is no "problem".

---------

VV, thanks for taking the time to write both of your posts. I'd like to respond to both posts with more than a mere "thank you", but my enthusiasm might be mistaken for arrogance.

I also want to thank you for taking a chance with Liquid Blow. You clearly prose that your money was well spent on a quality product and not "wasted" on a bunch of stupid unpalatable soda's. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the beverage.

Before I start to ramble on, let me end this with a thousand thank you's.

greg
07-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Ka-boom, that's what it means to me.

I already listed the multiple entrendre's:
I see you already picked one so we can move on now.

I think I have been very clear about the branding,
Liquid Blow(the brand name) Power pop(the category of csd).

I'm sorry to hear about your "poor mental acuity". From your link:
Main Entry: 1blow
Pronunciation: 'blO
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Forms: blew /'blü/;blown /'blOn/;blow·ing
1 : to free (the nose) of mucus and debris by forcible exhalation
2 of blowflies and flesh flies : to deposit eggs or larvae on or in

Source: Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

Main Entry: 2blow
Function: noun
1 : the act of some insects of depositing eggs or larvae; also : a larva so deposited (as in a wound) —used chiefly of blowflies and flesh flies
2 : forcible ejection of air from the body (as in freeing the nose of mucus and debris)

Maybe I am better thinking of Cocaine.

DIZZ, I think you fail to see what I am doing here. Devils advocate is something that can be used constructively , if the person is willing. All I am doing is asking you the questions that a Professional Buyer may ask you when you give him or her a sales pitch. At that time arrogance and smart ass answers will not help you. Evasive and "Circumventing" answers will also not help you in your endeavor.

I'm not ripping you at all about your product. I applaud the man that has a dream and follows through with it. However, dreams come from a utopian world with little if no friction. Reality is a smack in the face to dreams.

Readjusting is a painful process, but most of us need it at one time or another.
~Arthur Christopher Benson~

greg
07-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by -VV-:

If you're going to discredit the brand because it reminds you of Cocaine, then I'm wondering how you justify the fact that the best-selling beverage in the world is Coke. And it isn't an entendre, it says exactly what it stands (or stood I guess I should say) for.

Let's let the brand, the flavor, and the market decide. As has been stated earlier in this thread Coca-Cola and its use of the "term" coke predates the negative assumptions with the word "coke" Coke as a BRAND was already well established before the negative connotation of the word arose.

greg
07-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by -VV-:
How about another review?

I received my cans of Liquid Blow recently (thanks for the steep discount, Dizz) and had the opportunity to dig in and try it. I was really anxious to give this one a try, the concept is fresh and innovative, the can looked gorgeous, and I couldn’t wait to have a taste. It was well worth the wait.

Starting with the can, a picture really doesn’t do this can justice. It stands out beautifully. The color arrangement and choice are perfect compliments to the graphic, which is simple yet poignant. It is fresh and alive without being overly busy. The icing on the cake was the red pull tab which gives even the normally dull top a splash of life and color. You can tell a lot of thought went into this can, and it has paid off.

After a full night of chilling in the refrigerator, I was finally ready to give the drink itself a try. With a name like Liquid Blow, and with the advertising on the can proclaiming it’s hyper-caffeinated content, to be honest, I was expecting a bold, overwhelming flavor. My experience with high caffeine content beverages is that they often have to turn the flavors up a notch to mask the increased chemical content and the overall result tends to be heavy with flavors that are strong and bordering on the chaotic. LB's strawberry and lemon-lime flavors and the use of Guarana were perfectly balanced and were overall very subtle. The use of real sugar was perfect here, because the flavor wasn’t overwhelmingly sweet and didn’t tilt the flavor palette out of balance - light and fresh are key words to use here. The extra dash of carbonation gave the drink a “sizzle” that complimented the flavors well and lent itself more to sipping then to full on gulping - perfect. I can see why Dizz recommended chilling the can as much as possible and drinking straight from the can rather than over ice. I tried the drink over ice also and because of its subtlety, it loses some flavor and life over ice. Overall I think he made the right choice here though, since I’d prefer a drink that tasted right out of the can rather than one that was designed extra sweet with HFCS that relied on ice to balance the brix scale. Your time at the flavor lab was time well spent, Dizz.

As for the kick - let me just say that being a vending operator who specializes in energy drinks, I consume a bit more caffeine then the average beverage consumer. I wasn’t expecting LB to do much for me frankly, without consuming more than a single can. I couldn’t have been more wrong. This drink packs a punch, and it only takes one can to get there. It wasn’t a knee shaking ride of nervous energy, but rather a nice lift without the crash I sometimes experience even when drinking energy drinks, including my own products. A full can of LB for someone with a low to normal tolerance for caffeine might not be a good idea, but for those with moderate to high caffeine intakes – a single can will not disappoint.

My only real complaint is not so much a complaint about the drink as it is with the extra carbonation and the complications it may present with shipping. Dizz shipped my products via UPS, and despite being well packaged, UPS shook them up a little which bubbled up the top of a couple of the cans. It is possible that with “less than perfect” shipping, there exists an increased risk of seeing some damaged cans on arrival.

Overall, this product is excellent. The concept was well thought out, and the product isn’t just smooth packaging. It walks the walk - a power pop indeed.

I wish you much continued success with this product, Dizz. For our part, be expecting an email with a refill order here in the next week or so. I’ve got a number of people who are anxious to give it a try (if I’m feeling up to sharing).
smile.gif I think you forgot to Plug your magazine
"Energy Drink Connoiseur" . Nobody gives a laymans review like that.

-VV-
07-26-2006, 01:31 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by -VV-:
..... I think you forgot to Plug your magazine
"Energy Drink Connoiseur" . Nobody gives a laymans review like that. </font>[/QUOTE]smile.gif

Well, thanks. The review was actually quite delayed, because I wanted to make sure to give it a proper write-up. I have had several conversations with Dizz both through emails and in phone conversations and I find him to be a very motivated and personable guy. He also happens to have a product I enjoy and use, and that I feel has real potential in the beverage market - so I wanted to be sure that the review reflected that.

With respect to the possible negative associations people might make with the name, so be it. Negative publicity is not always a bad thing in any business. Any buzz around a beverage is free publicity for the beverage, and Dizz has his head on his shoulders straight enough to handle it.

This is a good drink, whether you agree with the name or not, and at the end of the day - aren't good drinks what we're all about?

If there's room for Sumpoosie and Dicken's Cider in the marketplace, I don't think a Power Pop is going to prove too terribly offensive except to maybe a very small percentage of people who, in all honesty, probably take themselves too seriously.

I happen to enjoy and agree with most of your posts, Greg. I find you to be a highly intelligent person with a very good view of things, so your opinion is regarded a bit more highly than the average naysayer. But, in this case at least, I really think you should give the drink a try and let it speak for itself. This really is a good product, and as I said...neither my wife nor I thought of "Blow" in the context which most people are taking offense to. We both thought of a bang or explosion, and it IS an explosive power pop. I wouldn't have any problem with selling these in my machines.

Regards...

edit...just saw the post about Devil's advocate, so you can disregard some of the above. I see now where you're coming from, but thank you for clarifying. To the acute observer, something should become very obvious in all of this. Even the "negative" posts serve to keep this at the top of the forum. If it were just a "Power Pop", I'm not so sure that would be the case.

[ 07-26-2006, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: -VV- ]

greg
07-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the kind words.
I am glad you see where I am coming from. As with SumPoosie I feel the same about Liquid Blow when it comes to the name. I have nevr tasted Liquid Blow so I can not comment on that, but I have tasted SumPoosie and I thought it had an awesome taste.
I have sat dumfaced as a Buyer asked me why I named my drink REDLINE. I go into my explanation as he then looks at me dumbfounded. I only bring the name up because I know this is the first impression a consumer gets about anything. The consumer has to get past the name before he will take his hard earned cash and buy the unknown. The connection a consumer makes to a product is usually a personal one. I know that sounds rediculous but studies have shown people choose a new product based on how it makes them feel consciously before the have even tried the product.

It sounds as though Liquid Blow/Power POP is a very likable drink, but its name in my opinion will limit its demographics. I think POWER POP crosses over to multiple demographics thereby giving it a greater chance for sustained success.

NRGSLLR
07-26-2006, 03:11 PM
So Greg... Why Redline?

Ron Swedelson
07-26-2006, 03:12 PM
as a former employee of BAWLS...yes, the name limits you...but as long as it is not too far out there, a quality product and package will go a long way.

greg
07-26-2006, 03:21 PM
So Greg... Why Redline? Redline refers to the tach on a vehicle. When you hit the REDLINE you are bordering the limits of the automobile engines limits.
Being primarily a Sports Nutrition company it made sense for us to use that "push it to the limit" attitude with our name. Our demographics recieved the product well and understood it's implied meaning. As the drink has started to take off the name is still understood by most consumers. It hasn't limited us in our push for greater sales. However, I do get some brainiac buyer who wants me to "qualify" my name. Perhaps that is why I seem so hard on SP and LB. I know they are going to get held back due to the name.

greg
07-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:
as a former employee of BAWLS...yes, the name limits you...but as long as it is not too far out there, a quality product and package will go a long way. I never really never found "BAWLS" to be referring to "Get some Balls" or something like that. I always felt the spelling more lent itself to a name of a company or person of foreign origin.

I must admit, after seeing Dickens Cider for 3 or so years it finally dawned on me what it implied. I thought someone considered theri drink to have more of a "cider" taste! LOL. What a dumba$$ I am.

NRGSLLR
07-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks Greg, I never have been much of a gearhead. I must be out of the Demo. Now that you explain it, the name definitely makes sense.

POP
07-28-2006, 06:16 PM
All I am doing is asking you the questions that a Professional Buyer may ask you...
So does that mean you're going to buy some LB from me?

The buyer's that I've been speaking with haven't asked me any of the questions you have been asking me. They're more concerned with pricing levels, turn around time and what advertising avenue's I plan to run with. I guess these people are more concerned with dollar signs.

Ron Swedelson
07-28-2006, 06:20 PM
Slotting fees and advertising fees is usually what these chains care most about...

SumPoosieCat
07-29-2006, 09:11 AM
No... what they worry about is "Who is going to buy this stuff!" Who is this for? I am sure you will be able to get a few people to try a pallet or two. After that... just hope it sells!

Ron Swedelson
07-29-2006, 01:30 PM
With the chains, who will buy it is their second thought...their first has always been, "how much revenue can I create for the buying department by charging them fees upfront" Thats why we see some good products, but mainly a bunch of crap new ones...almost anyone with an open checkbook has a spot in the supermarkets. This is not everytime obviously, but definatly the majority

greg
07-31-2006, 11:49 AM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by greg:
All I am doing is asking you the questions that a Professional Buyer may ask you...
So does that mean you're going to buy some LB from me?

The buyer's that I've been speaking with haven't asked me any of the questions you have been asking me. They're more concerned with pricing levels, turn around time and what advertising avenue's I plan to run with. I guess these people are more concerned with dollar signs. </font>[/QUOTE]I'm not talking abou Shareef and his brother and their 5 stores. I am talking about Kroger, Albertsons, Publix, Wal-Mart, Walgreens.
I guess that you are one of those people that have to be spoon fed everything. Do actually think by me writing that they ask me to "qualify" my name that that is the only thing we talk about in a sales presentation?
Get real Dizz and stop acting like I cut off your damned hand. I am trying to help you in your endeavor if you would just be open minded and stop acting as if you "know" everything already just because you mixed some cane sugar, caffeine, B-12 or what ever it is in your product together and have bottled it.

What is your annual marketing budget? What % is dedicated to print and what percent dedicated to radio, and what % dedicated to TV? How long are your spots, what network are you going to be on? What cities will you be airing it in? What publications will you be in? How do plan to let the consumer know what Liquid Blow Is? what is your message?
Will you being doing any grass roots marketing? How about Gorilla Marketing?
Shows, doing any shows, Industry related, Demographics related?
What about DSD, Are you set up for DSD, what tier system are you on? Do you have a netwrok that can be tied into ours for automatic inventory replenishment? What type of co-op dollars do you have?
Should I go on are are you convinced yet that I may know what in the hell I am talking about!

Don't pull out one thing and act as if that describes my sales presentation and my relationship with my distributors/resellers.
I hope you don't come off as arrogant to the buyers as you do to me.

CStoreCatMan
07-31-2006, 11:59 AM
No... what they worry about is "Who is going to buy this stuff!" Who is this for? I am sure you will be able to get a few people to try a pallet or two. After that... just hope it sells! In the energy category, anybody can and will buy anything...if the price is right, if the package pops on the shelf, if its presented to the public in an appealing way. I could sell tap water in pretty bottles by doing those things well...

[ 07-31-2006, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]

NRGSLLR@
07-31-2006, 12:32 PM
Greg, you forgot to mention failure strategy. TTB... What happens when your brand fails? Are you willing to pick it up? Credit a percentage of the cost back to the retailer to discount? Most large retailers these days look for a plan to get them out of the business if a new product doesn't meet minimum sales requirements.

NRGSLLR@
07-31-2006, 12:33 PM
Sorry TTB I meant Dizz!

greg
07-31-2006, 12:42 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by TallThinBlonde:
No... what they worry about is "Who is going to buy this stuff!" Who is this for? I am sure you will be able to get a few people to try a pallet or two. After that... just hope it sells! In the energy category, anybody can and will buy anything...if the price is right, if the package pops on the shelf, if its presented to the public in an appealing way. I could sell tap water in pretty bottles by doing those things well... </font>[/QUOTE]They already sell tap water in "Pretty bottles"!

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-31-2006, 01:52 PM

They already sell tap water in "Pretty bottles"! http://www.vosswater.com/

It's like buying an energy drink without the energy!

CStoreCatMan
08-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Greg,
This isn't Monster we're talking about...Dizz will need to get the brand going before spending the large amounts of money required to advertise on radio and tv - that's just not realistic at this point in time. And IMO probably not the best spend for whatever marketing budget he has right now. I also think he's smart for not dumping his business plan or marketing plans online for all to see. He doesn't have to justify himself or his product to us to be successful - the public will decide...

greg
08-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Greg,
This isn't Monster we're talking about...Dizz will need to get the brand going before spending the large amounts of money required to advertise on radio and tv - that's just not realistic at this point in time. And IMO probably not the best spend for whatever marketing budget he has right now. I also think he's smart for not dumping his business plan or marketing plans online for all to see. He doesn't have to justify himself or his product to us to be successful - the public will decide... Ok Guys you made your point.

I was just trying to help a guy out that I thought may be in it for the long run, not just today.
Fail to plan, plan to fail. An overnight success takes at least 10 years.

Call it what you will.

greg
08-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Good Luck Dizz.

Red Sox fan
08-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Dizz and TTB post more on this board than almost anyone else!

As owners and CEO's of supposedly relevant brands, How do you guys have the time to sit and respond to random people on a discussion board?

I would think you guys would be a lot busier developing your brands. I think if you devote half the energy on your brands as you do on this site, you could be succesful!

LAst time I checked I have not seen any posts from the CEO's of REd Bull, Rockstar, Monster, Coke/Pepsi etc. Maybe there is something more to that...

Mr Zabe
08-02-2006, 06:56 PM
A good point to ponder for sure.
Peace out. smile.gif

ALLPRO
08-03-2006, 09:20 AM
You would be surprised who is logging daily time on this Board. Just because Greg or TTB log some time on this board, does not mean they are not building their respective brands. I am also a business owner in this industry. I will check in first thing in the morning and will also check in late in the afternoon. I have found alot of great point of veiws and information from many members on this board (including Greg and TTB). Red Socks Fan, you posted at 1:00pm on Wednesday. How did you find time to post a message regarding members posting messages during peak work hours.

ALLPRO
08-03-2006, 09:22 AM
BTW I am on the West Coast it's 6:00 am.

greg
08-03-2006, 09:38 AM
I sit behind a desk on the phone maost days. I travel about 2 times a month to see customers and to attend meetings.
It's either Bevnet or the porn sites: I choose Bevnet!

BTW, Bevnet did not pay me for that unsolicited plug.

[ 08-03-2006, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: greg ]

ALLPRO
08-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Greg, I find it disturbing that you will pick Bevnet over a great porn site while sitting your desk.

greg
08-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by ALLPRO:
Greg, I find it disturbing that you will pick Bevnet over a great porn site while sitting your desk. It's an open sales room, If I had my own office it might be different! LOL

POP
08-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Red Sox fan:

I would think you guys would be a lot busier developing your brands. I think if you devote half the energy on your brands as you do on this site, you could be succesful!
Red Sox Fan,
I hear ya.

However, I think interacting with soda pop fanatics,ie Bevboard members, who took time to sign up and to have discussions about soda, I think that's pretty hardcore. This reflects the passion the board members have for a quality csd. Common sense should prevent any bev. manufacturer to turn a deaf ear on these "fanatics". I genuinely feel that the member's of Bevboard have given me an edge over the "Suits", in the flavor and quality dept. at the very least.

If anyone has the time to read the review's that have been posted by the member's who have sampled and/or purchased Liquid Blow, I think my time on Bevnet was time well spent.

But let me reiterate once again, I hear ya.

So with that said, it's time for Liquid Blow to speak for itself. However, I won't be a complete stranger to the boards. One can't forget their roots now, can they? Lurking mode has kicked in. However, I'll keep you guys updated with with any news and/or events that will be taking place.

Anyways, the "B smile.gif MB" has been set.

DJ HawaiianShirt
08-03-2006, 04:36 PM
. I genuinely feel that the member's of Bevboard have given me an edge over the "Suits", in the flavor and quality dept. at the very least.

That's the difference between LB and many others. You, a soda fan, created it. It wasn't some hotel owner who thought he should try a go at the CSD market. Lord knows we have enough mediocre energy drinks that ALL TASTE THE SAME.(and poorly, might I add)

KABOOM!

That is all.

POP
08-16-2006, 07:00 AM
Liquid Blow appears in the Sept. issue of Stuff Magazine. Beautiful Ivanka Trump is gracing the cover.

Liquid Blow made the "Hit List"!!!.
It's listed under the "Genius" quadrant.
Woot Woot!
http://cars.netmonkey.org/albums/ipg35c/Stuff_Draft4.jpg

greg
08-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Lets see...Its listed beside lesbian batwoman, potty elmo, and "Books you put your weiner through"! Are you sure this is in the Genius category or is it more in the Douche category????

Just kidding, Congratulations It doesn't matter where it is in the magazine, it is publicity ...Great job.

POP
08-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Thanks Greg.
The LB can is positioned away from the items that you mentioned.
However, there is an embarrassed dog that might be a bit too close.

haha.

greg
08-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Thanks Greg.
The LB can is positioned away from the items that you mentioned.
However, there is an embarrassed dog that might be a bit too close.

haha. I know that you and I have gone back and forth...I hope you knew I was kidding. I really do think a mention in STUFF magazine is awesome publicity.

POP
09-13-2006, 06:42 AM
LB Cruiser... AWWW yeah!

Cat Man...
It's on like Donkey Kong.
See you in HB brutha.
http://cars.netmonkey.org/albums/ipg35c/IMG_1606.sized.jpg
http://cars.netmonkey.org/albums/ipg35c/IMG_1619.sized.jpg

Joey
09-13-2006, 10:32 AM
That looks pretty sharp. Just out of curiosity why are all of the graphics on one side backwards?

greg
09-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by NutriVation:
That looks pretty sharp. Just out of curiosity why are all of the graphics on one side backwards? Its the camera. Reverse image

Joey
09-13-2006, 10:45 AM
The lettering on the tires looks right as well as the Toytec lettering. I don't think it's the camera.

Ron Swedelson
09-13-2006, 10:49 AM
the camera has selective immage reversal. If you are T-boneing my car from behind, I will be able to read that in my rearview mirror no problem

Joey
09-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Shows what I know about cameras. It couldn't imagine someone someone doing that on purpose.

POP
09-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by NutriVation:
That looks pretty sharp. Just out of curiosity why are all of the graphics on one side backwards? Thank you.
I purposely reversed the graphic on the passenger side. The "kids" call it "drift" style.
The reversed image holds the attention of whoever is reading a bit longer to figure out whatever the graphic is saying.

It's basically a mirror image of the driver side. Whenever I'm on the freeway, I'm always in the right lane.

Joey
09-13-2006, 03:34 PM
I didn't think it was a camera trick. I can see the concept though. I also like the fact you went with a Cruiser instead of a Hummer.

POP
09-15-2006, 05:06 AM
http://cars.netmonkey.org/albums/ipg35c/IMG_1632.sized.jpg
http://cars.netmonkey.org/albums/ipg35c/IMG_1630.sized.jpg
http://cars.netmonkey.org/albums/ipg35c/IMG_1655.jpg
http://cars.netmonkey.org/albums/ipg35c/IMG_1657.jpg
http://cars.netmonkey.org/albums/ipg35c/DSC03121.sized.jpg
http://cars.netmonkey.org/albums/ipg35c/DSC03125.sized.jpg
http://cars.netmonkey.org/albums/ipg35c/DSC03120.sized.jpg

NRGSLLR@
09-15-2006, 11:18 AM
Awesome Pix Dizz. "I gotta get me one of these"

greg
09-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Just my.02, and I'm not even sure It's worth 2 cents anymore.
The truck looks great, however, the "TOYTEC" on the windshield is kind of confusing. It takes away from the LIQUID BLOW graphics.

POP
09-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Thanks Greg.
You're the 2nd person who told me that.
I agree to some extent...

However, I have to keep that on there because Toytec sponsored my lift kit. They held their end of the deal by sending me a lift kit and I want to keep my end by helping them promote their business as well.

greg
09-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Hey Dizz...A deals a Deal. Good work by keeping your word.

Texas Mike
09-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Great Thread. I think I'm gonna order some LB since I live on the east coast. Excited to try it. My friend's band is sponsored by Monster but that stuff tastes terrible. Hopefully this tastes better.

[ 09-15-2006, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Texas Mike ]

POP
09-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Hey Dizz...A deals a Deal. Good work by keeping your word. Of course Greg.
Isn't that how business is supposed to be handled?

POP
09-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Texas Mike:
Great Thread. I think I'm gonna order some LB since I live on the east coast. Excited to try it. My friend's band is sponsored by Monster but that stuff tastes terrible. Hopefully this tastes better. Hey Texas Mike,
Thank you for your business.
Your order is ready roll out as soon as Paypal gives me the "OK".

I hope you enjoy the power pop.

[ 09-18-2006, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Dizz ]

climaxenergydrink
09-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Dizz,
whats going on! i don't know if you know already but there is a energy drink out called believe it or not COCAINE energy drink. I actually heard about it from a local radio station in New York supposably it's 3 times stronger than Red Bull and i looked it up online. The site is www.drinkcocaine.com (http://www.drinkcocaine.com) and another shocker they are actually selling the product at TGI FRIDAYS in SAN DIEGO. I have to tell you that i think the look of your product is awesome. i haven't tasted it yet but from the people on this board i hear nothing but great things. Oh by the way the pictures of the vehicle also look great. so i wish you all the best of luck on your future endeavours and hope that this does not cause a problem in the sense of the concept!

your Bevnet associate and friend

CLIMAX EROTIC FUZION BEVERAGE
"ARE U PREPARED 2 GET YA FREAK ON"

FORMERLY climaxenergydrink hopefully bevnet caught on i certainly do not want 2 accounts thanks bevnet !

Joey
09-19-2006, 03:04 PM
With a name like LB you can assume it's meaning but it can mean other things as well. "Kaboom"
With a name like "Cocaine" you are just asking for trouble. From my understanding it's illegal to name a food, beverage, or dietary supplement directly after a rec drug. They would have have been better off with a slang name if they really wanted their drink to be associated with cocaine. Yola would have been a far better choice.

POP
09-20-2006, 05:56 AM
The launch of this beverage just made my job that much easier.

Life is good.

CStoreCatMan
09-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Hey Dizz! Your Toyota looks awesome! Great job on the graphics! Sorry I haven't replied to your last message(s), it comes to my work email but I prefer to reply from home - and I usually forget by the time I get there! Let me know if you're planning anything local as I would love to come check it out! Later man

-VV-
09-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Nice new image and Avatar, LB. And the ride looks every bit as sweet as the beverage it promotes.

This summer has been madness (in a very good way), but I'll be in touch soon for a more substantial order. No change in your contact info I presume?

Green lights...blue skies...

redchucks219
09-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Very nice ride ya got there, gonna have to order some soon, it's been to long since i've had it.

POP
09-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Thanks fellas.

-vv- Contact info remains the same.
Yes, green lights and blue skies.

-Chucks, we'll be here waiting for you.

POP
10-04-2006, 02:21 PM
What do you guys think?
This K.C.
http://myspace-755.vo.llnwd.net/01246/55/71/1246371755_l.jpg
http://myspace-795.vo.llnwd.net/01246/59/70/1246370795_l.jpg http://myspace-627.vo.llnwd.net/01246/72/64/1246434627_l.jpg
http://myspace-324.vo.llnwd.net/01246/42/36/12463****4_l.jpg

POP
10-04-2006, 02:23 PM
http://myspace-324.vo.llnwd.net/01246/42/36/12463****4_l.jpg http://myspace-927.vo.llnwd.net/01246/72/93/1246413927_l.jpg

rackitup
10-04-2006, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LB:
[QB] What do you guys think?
This K.C.

Is she the official Rep.?

She could eat a sandwich,LOL.

POP
10-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Haha... That's funny because we just ate 11 sushi rolls and dessert between the both of us.

rackitup
10-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by LB:
Haha... That's funny because we just ate 11 sushi rolls and dessert between the both of us. ...............Love is in the air.

Now get back 2 Work,LOL

Do U have a booth at NACS?

climaxenergydrink
10-05-2006, 05:17 AM
THANK BEVNET DIZZ !! because if we posted pics the way you do FORGET ABOUT IT !! OUR ABILITY TO POST ON THESE BOARDS WOULD BE SUSPENDED. CONSIDER IT FREE ADVERTISEMENT ON THERE EXPENSE !! TRUST ME I KNOW HANDS ON !! Oh by the way thanks for getting back to me on the info from myspace. I guess if i purchased your product it would of been different. good business !!

GOOD LUCK 2 U BUDDY!

CLIMAX EROTIC FUZION BEVERAGE

POP
10-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Thank you Bevnet.

tuqqer
10-11-2006, 02:07 PM
LB, what's been your best month for sales so far? I'm curious if you're seeing a trend yet in consumption (i.e., was summer better than this last month (which is kind of autumn).

POP
10-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Hey Tugger, I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.(kidding)

Well so far, the warmer weather definitely has better numbers than colder weather. I know that the weather has an impact on "regular" csds but for power drinks, I'm sure the difference in numbers isn't too drastic. Our customer's are looking to be "refreshed" but rather the need to feel awake.

I'm fortunate that Liquid Blow is powerful and refreshing.

SumPoosieCat
10-12-2006, 05:48 PM
lol...sounds like a politician!

Mr Zabe
10-30-2006, 08:26 PM
You sound just like P.T. Barnum. :D tongue.gif :D :cool:

-VV-
11-07-2006, 05:08 AM
Dizz!

Sorry about this being so belated (this is my first time checking in for awhile) but congrats on your distribution deal! That is awesome news! Is Real Soda doing can distribution now, or are you an exception to the rule? If you're the exception, then wow! That really is an accomplishment. Keep at 'em!

Promise me you won't forget us little guys when the brand takes off, will ya? ;)

As an aside, I call first dibs on any limited edition or promo bottles if you end up doing something like that for the brand. Keep me posted.

All the best on your new venture and much continued success!

POP
11-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Veruca!
What is up?!?

Thanks for the kind words. I'm super stoked to be working with Real Soda.

I'll have your Ltd. Edition bottles set aside for you.

Thanks again!

POP
12-08-2006, 05:24 AM
Aww Yeah!
Happy Friday!

http://www.gelfmagazine.com/mt/archives/the_myspace_offensive.html

rackitup
12-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by LB:
Aww Yeah!
Happy Friday!

http://www.gelfmagazine.com/mt/archives/the_myspace_offensive.html Good article (free)

How is the Glass Bottle coming along?

Any big distributors yet?

greg II

POP
12-09-2006, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by rackitup:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by LB:
Aww Yeah!
Happy Friday!

http://www.gelfmagazine.com/mt/archives/the_myspace_offensive.html Good article (free)

How is the Glass Bottle coming along?

Any big distributors yet?

greg II </font>[/QUOTE]Thanks Rack.

I have a sick design for the glass bottle, I just have to see if the design will "work".

As for "big distributors", Real Soda has been very good to OCG and LB. They've given my product a fighting chance so I've given them exclusive distribution for all the areas they service.

But getting back to the bottle, if the bottle can be manufactured and stay true to my concept, it'll be wicked cool.

POP
01-05-2007, 06:01 PM
http://www.liquidblow.com/albums/LB-FUN/bump.gif

Happy Friday everyone!