PDA

View Full Version : Has Red Bull made a fatal mistake?

KCBevGuy
05-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Hello all, I have been in the beverage industry for only six years with a GREAT beverage distributor.

As I evaluate the on premise channel and the world of energy drinks I have found that the industry leader Redbulls approach is often considered abrasive and non competative.

If you have a moment to share thoughts with me on Red Bull’s approach to the local market it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to preference these questions by stating that we are not a red bull distributor.

A. For those of you who distribute Red Bull: How do you rate the support of RBNA as a partner in your brand portfolio?

B. Has anyone heard of successful local marketing that Red Bull sales teams, distributors or others have implemented with this brand that drives sales.

C. With the brand equity that Red Bull has, does anyone see a collapse of the current pricing umbrella with this product to allow for volume growth.

Any information that the members could provide on RBNA and its approach to Distributors, local marketing, sales force or other would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and input!

KcBevGuy

popologist
05-25-2006, 11:08 PM
all i know is that a few years ago, the clubs i went to would sell redbull and its competitors, but for the last few years, just redbull... the others were squeezed out of the market. which kind of sucks because i don't like redbull.

David J.
05-26-2006, 12:07 AM
A one trick pony won't last forever. :(

KCBevGuy
05-26-2006, 10:28 AM
THANKS for the response. POP & DAVID

DrPepperYummy
05-27-2006, 07:15 PM
I guess I am trying to figure out what this "fatal mistake" is... you're not really saying anything to go along with your topic here, other than ask how redbull seems to work?

I don't sell redbull either I'm just another competitor, but their only mistake seems to be... I'll let you know when I figure this one out!

KCBevGuy
05-28-2006, 11:24 PM
Sorry Dr. Pepper, The topic description was to try and gain attention, so that I may get insight on the questions posed.

Thanks
KCbevguy

fusion
05-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Well, that's pretty lousy. Not to mention that this topic would have been more appropriate in the energy forum.

KCBevGuy
05-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Fusion,

I apologize. I am new to the board within the last week and made a mistake. I posted it in the energy forum and the professional forum.

I am sure that this is not the only mistake I will make however no one is perfect.

Thank you for your imput. I have learned a lot about this forum from great people with your experience.

Thanks again

KcBevGuy

EDR
06-06-2006, 02:09 PM
I think Red Bull will need to change its marketing strategy and overall product in the near future. Competitors like Monster and Rockstar are producing larger, better tasting energy drinks for the same price as Red Bull. As David J said, a one-trick pony can't stay on top forever.

Red Bull should atleast consider releasing a 16oz. version of their drink.

Mr Zabe
06-06-2006, 02:52 PM
IMO...RB bull will still maintain healthy sales no matter what the competion does. RB is and will always be the grand daddy of energy drinks. A vast majority (like core Coke and Pepsi drinkers) of core RB drinkers will buy and support RB for as long as RB stays in business.

SumPoosieCat
06-06-2006, 11:01 PM
That's what GM thought a few years back.

Ron Swedelson
06-07-2006, 11:18 AM
I have not seen any numbers showing the Red Bull sales have declined.

SumPoosieCat
06-07-2006, 11:58 AM
True Ron, but did you think Monster in a few short years would take over the Number 1 spot from them in LA ??? Red Bull is still growing but not like Monster and Rockstar... and they are now being passed my Monster in several markets... who would have thought...

fusion
06-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Red Bull sales are growing, but their market share is steadily decling. That won't bode well for them once the market reaches its' peak.

I am still surprised that people will pay $7.49 for four thimble cans when right near it is a $5.99 or $6.99 four pack of a sixteen ounce energy drinks. I'd say Red Bull has done some very effective marketing.

NRGSLLR
06-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Red Bull has done an excellent job of managing shelf space by offering free product on a monthly basis for maintaining a certain amount of shelf space typically 1 case for each full shelf. The second marketing element Red Bull has done a great job with is extreme sports sponsorships. Those two things alone have helped gain the market share Red Bull currently has. They are however in jeopardy of losing what they currently have due to not reacting to the market. They need to wake up and look at what is happening around them and try to stay ahead of the game with regards to packaging and price promotions. If not, they could be looking like Evian. Once the King... Now the Pawn

SumPoosieCat
06-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Well said... Red Bull in a 16.9 ounce can for 3.69 is living in the past.

Ron Swedelson
06-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Nationaly, yes, I think Monster is the biggest threat. I do not think they will pass Red Bull, but they will continue to close the gap. Overall, I think there is too big of a gap for them to pass Red Bull. In certain markets, yes, they will pass Red Bull. Just not overall. Red Bull now has a 12 pack, which looks pretty cool.
Some people make to much out of the price. I buy what I like. If its clothes, I will buy 3 Tommy Bahama shirts from Nordstoms for $350, or buy 3 shirts from Old Navy for $40, I won't look at the price tag, its simply if I like it. My beverages, I like my Diet Coke, I could care less if Diet Pepsi is on sale, or that the store brand costs the same for a case, as a six pack of my soda costs. $2.99-$3.69 for an energy drink, or simply a drink...whats so bad about that if its something that is good and enjoyable? How much does a fountain drink costs in the Movie Theaters? Or how much does a good 20 oz of a micro brew cost? Crap, how bout a shot of alcohal in a bar, thats just 1 oz. This is why I can never buy the argument for the price. Yes, it can not be outragous, but I have sold, and have seen products that are cheaper, and simply sit. When I was with BAWLS Guarana, most of my businest stores were the ones that sold it for $1.99, and not the $1.49 which was suggested.
TallTB, isn't Sum Poosie priced higher than the typical energy drink? I'm not asking if its better or nicer pictures, or what, simply the price. I think, leading brands like a monster or rockstar or red bull, their pricing will help to shift a few precentage points here and there, but will not make or brake thier over all numbers.
Thats just my opinion though...

NRGSLLR
06-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Your reasoning is sound, except that 80% of all energy drinks are purchased in Convenience Stores and that customer is not going to spend the big $ for anything. Thus, your comparison on fountain soda, you can get any size fountain soda in a cstore for $.79 even though it is $3.50 in a movie theater or $1.49 at McDonalds

Mr Zabe
06-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Ron,
I agree that some things are not price sensitive.
Speaking for myself,my income being a bit over the poverty line,I do not have the money to shop for anything without being price conscious. I can't walk into a grocery store and pay $2.69 for a bag of potato chips;I buy the value brand for a $1.

Many American's are living pay check to pay check. Many of us struggle to put food on the table, pay bills and buy automobile gas. C-Stores are an affordable luxury indeed. People still will pinch penny's there too.

I wish I had the income to shop blindly with out consideration of price. I bet there are a great deal of people like myself. smile.gif

Ron Swedelson
06-09-2006, 01:01 PM
NRG, you are right about the fountain, but that also shows my point a little as well. You can just as easy save money on the Movie Theater fountain drink and bring one in from Mc'D's with your other food, or from your local 7-11. But you are there, its just convinent to grab it and pay more, because you are used to it, and why put in more time or effort to try and shop else were for it. This is more of my point, but you are right, sort of a bad comparison for the two, but I hope you see my thinking there.
Zabe, you have the better thinking there. I have a family of 4, and live in a house in California, just out side of San Francisco. So my paycheck may afford me many great things else were in the US, but here in the Bay Area, I am probably just above the "California" poverty line. I am just bad with saving money. That is not totaly true, but I enjoy buying what I like. I think most of the people in my age range, which makes up a huge core audience of these drinks (18-30) feels the same way. They like their Red Bulls or Rockstars, hey if its on sale, they might buy an extra one, but the normal price will not deture them from their purchace.

Mr Zabe
06-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Ron,
I agree with your thoughts. You make some good points. smile.gif
Zabe

CStoreCatMan
06-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Ron,
I can relate to your last post as I live in Southern California with a family of 4...and here in Orange County, "low income" is considered $57k a year or less!!! Someone could live like a king in other parts of the country on that.

But, that being the case, all the more reason for folks to watch their spending. I know people buy what they like...we are all willing to dump blinding amounts of cash into our favorite hobby or favorite luxury item(s). But there's still a limit where enough is enough and people will look for cheaper alternatives.

Let's be realistic here...I know energy drinks are on fire...but they're still just flavored sugar water with some added ingredients! They're not life sustaining vital fluids!! :D

Nick Laugher
06-10-2006, 02:45 PM
I definitely wouldn't call them flavored sugar water.

That description is better to describe Soda.

Ron Swedelson
06-12-2006, 12:10 PM
True, not flavored sugar water...they do have some great qualities to them...not life saving...I would agree with that, except for when you wake up with a killer hang over...2 Red Bull's, one can or bottle of V-8, and a seltzer water...thats my remidy...V-8 helps to coat your stomach while the vinigar helps to dilute and eat away the crap in your stomach...the seltzer water helps to rehydrate you, while burping up some excess stomach vile, and the Red Bulls give you some vitamins back, helps get you on your feet, and helps you pee out all the impurites.

NRGSLLR
06-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Two B complex vitamins 2 advil and 1 liter of water are cheaper and actually help the body recover.

NRGSLLR
06-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Ron, Every hear of Hair of the Dog Energy Drink? It's suposed to help a hang over too.

Ron Swedelson
06-17-2006, 03:48 PM
no, I havent heard of that energy drink, I'd be interested to try if I ever saw it.

SumPoosieCat
06-24-2006, 08:13 AM
I agree, flavored water is more along the lines of Soda.

When I made SumPoosie to be the best tasting energy drink I took a lot of time to use the best ingredients and REAL CANE SUGAR.

CStoreCatMan
07-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Guys...the main ingredient in any of these drinks is water. What's the second most prevalent ingredient? Probably a sugar or sweetner of some kind. Right? Ok, so let me rephrase...

Energy drinks = enhanced sugar water! :D

greg
07-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by NRGSLLR:
Two B complex vitamins 2 advil and 1 liter of water are cheaper and actually help the body recover. Actually take aspirin. The Advil will exascerbate the problems your liver is already having with the alcohol.
Once or twice a year won't hurt you , but people who do this routinely may develop liver problems created by the alcohol and accelerated by the advil.

greg
07-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Ron,
I agree that some things are not price sensitive.
Speaking for myself,my income being a bit over the poverty line,I do not have the money to shop for anything without being price conscious. I can't walk into a grocery store and pay $2.69 for a bag of potato chips;I buy the value brand for a $1.

Many American's are living pay check to pay check. Many of us struggle to put food on the table, pay bills and buy automobile gas. C-Stores are an affordable luxury indeed. People still will pinch penny's there too.

I wish I had the income to shop blindly with out consideration of price. I bet there are a great deal of people like myself. smile.gif To kind of go off subject on this a bit.....Have you ever read the book " The Millionaire Next Door"?
It talks about how people become millionaires by doing exactly what you do even though they have good salaries. It is the conscious choice they make to forego the more expensive brand just for what many believe is the Staus Symbol of such brands.
Warren Buffet, 2nd richest man in America, has lived in the same 2 story house in the subarbs that he and his wife bought over 30 years ago. He drives a regular car and all of his kids had to work while they were in college.

Mr Zabe
07-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Thanks,
I have not read the book as of yet.
At least for me being frugle is a way of life.
I'm frugle with myself to an art form. LOL
How ever with family and friends I'm not as frugle.

CStoreCatMan
07-07-2006, 03:58 PM
I was in with a retail customer yesterday and he mentioned his c-store chain would be carrying the new RedBull 16oz cans. He was in Vegas during the test and paid $3.49 for one there at a Circle K. However, he said it tasted "old" and the rumor was the product sat in a warehouse in the desert for months before it was shipped out to stores.

I'll be very interested to see what happens to Monster's sales once the RB can is available to the mainstream. I'm more interested to see what the retail is going to be...

[ 07-07-2006, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]

ALLPRO
07-07-2006, 09:30 PM
One thing that I have learned. There really is no brand loyalty in the typical energy drink market.
Examples:
1.Hyphe Energy Drink is the hottest energy drink in the SF Bay Area. It has only been out for 2 months. Stores can't keep it in stock. No advertising, No marketing, No "Sales Reps"
2.Outlaw Energy Drink: .99 MSRP. 16Oz, great tasting, all the usual bells and whistles. It is outselling Rockstar and Monster in most of my accounts. Again, no advertising, no marketing, no freebies. Just a great price.
3.RedLine: 8oz, $3.49 MSRP. It is now a "must have" in every c-store that I go into. It has now settled in and is always in the top 4 selling sku's in the category here in the Bay Area. No Freebies, No cooler programs, no shelf programs etc and it is still selling like crazy
With all the money the big 3 (Rockstar, Monster and Red Bull) spend on marketing, it suprises me just how little brand loyalty they have.
Just my 2 cents.

NRGSLLR
07-10-2006, 11:28 AM
ALL PRO maybe the lesson to be learned here is that efficacy is more important than price. Take you illustration of Red Line for example. If Energy Drinks go the way of the $.99 16oz market this board will not be here in the future. Take the example of bottled water. In the mid 90's every bottle of water sold for $.99 or higher, I can remember Evian at $1.39 a single 500ml and $1.99 a 100ml it convenience stores, now since water has become a commodity their is now longer a "buzz" regarding water. I fear if price becomes the purchase motivator, energy drinks will suffer the same fate.

Secondly, If a retailer is is making in the range of $.60 - $.80 on a Monster or Rockstar, why would they settle for $.30 - $.40 on a "no name" energy drink? Just doesn't make sense, I don't believe the "low price" brands will survive because they cannot offer the penny profit like Monster, Rockstar or Red Bull.

CStoreCatMan
07-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Some consumers will be willing to try a cheaper alternative to the big brand energy drinks. However, your experience isn't what's happening in the mainstream. In fact, I would pose this question: How are the big energy drink brands still growing if they have "little brand loyalty?"

CStoreCatMan
07-10-2006, 11:41 AM

Secondly, If a retailer is is making in the range of $.60 - $.80 on a Monster or Rockstar, why would they settle for $.30 - $.40 on a "no name" energy drink? Just doesn't make sense, I don't believe the "low price" brands will survive because they cannot offer the penny profit like Monster, Rockstar or Red Bull. I was going to ask the same thing. With a retail of only $0.99, an Outlaw energy drink's cost would have to be at about 50 cents to be competitive at all. Not to mention, Monster will outsell any no-name brand by 10 to 1 (or more) in the mainstream market. So if a no name has less penny profit, and sells less...why bother?

ALLPRO - I know you'll argue these brands are outselling Monster, RS in your accounts, but in the general market that's not the case - which is how I'm directing my post here.

greg
07-10-2006, 11:57 AM
I think Energy Drinks will settle into a pattern somewhat like the beer and liqour brands. There will always be cheap knockoffs, the mainstream brand, and the premium brand.
I think that consumers are starting to be aware of the fact that most "energy drinks" out there have become somewaht of a glorified soda. The sugar content is outrageous and rivals all of the regular sodas on the market.
Consumers are becoming aware of the potential negative effects of sugar and how the body stores it as fat if not used as immediate energy.
Look in our schools and on this board for the impact on the minds of children and adults as well when soda companies started pulling out of schools.

Ron Swedelson
07-10-2006, 12:15 PM
AllPro does have some good products, all though I have to say that Hyphe is not hottest drink in the bay area. Yes, there are some "ghetto" stores that sell the product very well, as E-40 and the whole Hyphe movement is comming strong. But as for total sales, it still does not touch the other drinks. It does get some of the unloyal drinkers and others that normaly did not have a need to buy an energy drink, buy it for the novelty or what it represents. Same as Crunk Juice and Pimp Juice. Outlaw, I have not seen around, so I can not comment good or bad. And Red Line is still pretty popular, all though not selling as fast in stores because there is more avalibility. But still a strong seller.

Ron Swedelson
07-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Greg, there is probably a lot of truth to what you say. Millionair, I dont know, depends how you look at it. My 2 homes valued together are worth just shy of $1.5 million. But my debt is around $1.3 million...so were does that leave me...I am sure I would be surprised, as would others, if we skimped on everything...but then how American would we be? My wife would actually appreciate if I didnt feel like everything I bought had to be the best or have the extra features, or be name brand...your probably on to something there...

greg
07-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:
Greg, there is probably a lot of truth to what you say. Millionair, I dont know, depends how you look at it. My 2 homes valued together are worth just shy of $1.5 million. But my debt is around $1.3 million...so were does that leave me...I am sure I would be surprised, as would others, if we skimped on everything...but then how American would we be? My wife would actually appreciate if I didnt feel like everything I bought had to be the best or have the extra features, or be name brand...your probably on to something there... I'm not saying you have to live in the same house for 40 years. I was just reiterating what the book told us about the "habits" of the millionaire next door. Examples of CEO's driving older more modest cars than some of their empployess etc. Just a way of life.

Personally I am a shoe whore. I love athletic shoes. However, I will buy last years models at the shoe carnival at a steep discount instead of this years at The Finish Line or Athletes Foot. Just a way of doing things.

NRGSLLR
07-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Greg, I just received the Millionaire Next Door as Birthday Gift, Very interesting, If I think of people I know that are millionaires, most are farmers or small business owners and live in modest homes and drive American sedans. Ron you need to move to the Midwest, you can buy a nice home for the $200K you have in equity in the two houses you currently own.

Ron Swedelson
07-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Tell me about it NRGSLLR, when I covered about 9 different states for a previous job, it almost made me sick seeing what I could get in nice cities around America. If this doesnt make you throw up, then I'm not sure what will. I have a house and a condo. My condo is a 2 bedroom, 1203 sq (including balcony), almost 3 years old...worth $620,000. How stupid is that?

Mr Zabe
07-11-2006, 02:40 AM
Ron,
How do young people just starting off (average income single or married couples) afford their first home/condo?

You did very well to have invested in real estate. Owning a home is not just an investment,it's the cheapest piece of mind one will ever have. smile.gif I do not have much in life but I do have a cheap mortgage and my own castle.

[ 07-11-2006, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Ron Swedelson
07-11-2006, 11:43 AM
I don't think I could do it again if I had to start now. Me and my then girlfriend, now wife, had a combined income of about $80,000, my father loaned me $45,000 for a down payment on our condo (then $410,000), and we scraped and clawed to get in, had interest only payments, and then the Real Estate market took off, which allowed us to upgrade to our house and keep our condo. Now we just have to ride out the CA real estate market for the next 3.5 years till the end of the decade when things take off again.
I have grown up here in CA, so I don't think I could ever leave. But visiting Utah, and Nevada, and Washington, and Texas and Minn, Wisc., etc for job and recreational perpouses, I see how much I could get for my dollar, and I have to think hard each time I visit about were I live. Its beautiful, but god is it overpriced.

greg
07-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:
Tell me about it NRGSLLR, when I covered about 9 different states for a previous job, it almost made me sick seeing what I could get in nice cities around America. If this doesnt make you throw up, then I'm not sure what will. I have a house and a condo. My condo is a 2 bedroom, 1203 sq (including balcony), almost 3 years old...worth $620,000. How stupid is that? The concept behind the "Millionaire Next Door" is Do you need that Condo? Is it for pleasure, rental income, present or future housing needs, etc.?
I understand the dichotomy of availability vs. price vs. location. That is just a the nature of the beast. However, in the end we are all a product of the decisions that we make.

NRGSLLR
07-11-2006, 04:27 PM
I thought the concept of "Millionaire Next Door" was living below your means and accumulating wealth. It's not necesarily to stop investing but invest wisely. Real Estate is still a worthwhile investment, in the right area, so long as you can live below your means. It is no different than investing in Stocks, Mutual Funds or any other income generating investment.

I am only 25% into the book, but it seems like the point is Spend Wisely, Save abudantly and invest when it makes sense.

greg
07-11-2006, 05:52 PM
I thought the concept of "Millionaire Next Door" was living below your means and accumulating wealth. It's not necesarily to stop investing but invest wisely. Real Estate is still a worthwhile investment, in the right area, so long as you can live below your means. It is no different than investing in Stocks, Mutual Funds or any other income generating investment.

I am only 25% into the book, but it seems like the point is Spend Wisely, Save abudantly and invest when it makes sense. You are right, Live well within your means. But also, don't go heavy into debt buying real estate, stocks, etc. Accumulate wealth by saving money and making wise choices and becoming a Quixtar XS Energy drink seller.....OK, I embellished that last part a bit.
Investment is an integral strategy for becoming wealthy, no doubt about it. I guess my point is more of the fact that holding on to a condo for the sake of holding on to it in the Hopes that by 2010 the California Housing market is going to turn may not be the most sound investment strategy. Another part of the book discusses the reality of having to cut your losses.

Mr Zabe
07-11-2006, 06:42 PM
My two cents.
I rather stick with Ron's strategy. The gradual appreciation good real estate already has pad him nice dividends over the past so many years. If he looses 15% of the market value, he is still way ahead of the game. Ron had done his work...location,location and location...good market research over the long run equals sound investing.

[ 07-11-2006, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Ron Swedelson
07-11-2006, 07:57 PM
The property for the first 2 years of owner ship actually went up 20% each year, things have slowed, and will raise about 6% this year, and the next few years. On a $620,000 property, that is a pretty good return. And as with the history with the CA real estate market, every 10 years it takes an incredible run. If I sold this, the money would be taken up by paying off current debts, which will mean some more money today. Or, keeping the property means a few hundred thousand in the next 4-6 years.

ALLPRO
07-11-2006, 09:35 PM
I have actually find accumulating wealth is much more fun than spending money. It's like a game...How much more can I put away, How much more will my house be worth in 2 years etc.
In my neighborhood, houses are appraising in the high $800,000/Low $900,000. My goal is to sit back and wait until it hits the big 1 Mill! Paid 525,000 4 years ago. I'm in no hurry.
One of my mentors told me: Never be satisfied with your accomplishments (business) Always be working like you are living check to check.

Mr Zabe
07-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Always be working like you are living check to check. Awesome advice!

SumPoosieCat
07-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Being house poor is seldom a good idea regardless of the appreciation. Having a varied portfolio is your best option and is very difficult when many people in California spend every dime just to make their house payment and register their car. The cost of living is so high that many have no investments at all... only the house they live in. I learned a long time ago that a house may be a good investment but it is also a huge debt.

greg
07-12-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm not saying a house is a bad investment. Furthermore, I'm not saying that Ron's startegy is a bad idea. I'm just reiterating what the book says.
Not all markets are as hot as California and South Florida. If you live in Ohio and make 50k and you own a 350k home, a new car, and boat I would say you are pretty much tapped out each month and have no way of saving or accumaulatin wealth.
The concept of the book is how small choices peratining to spending/purchasing/investing can reap great rewards in the long run.

Ron Swedelson
07-12-2006, 12:17 PM
So far that book sounds pretty good. My wife and I are going on a cruise next month. Maybe I will buy the book and read it then. Although, I guess that might be a little ironic that I am buying this book to pass some time on an unneeded, expensive vacation. God, maybe I do need help.

Mr Zabe
07-12-2006, 01:49 PM
A cruise vacation with the love of your life is priceless. smile.gif

ALLPRO
07-26-2006, 09:16 PM
I know that Outlaw is not going to outsell the "Big Boys". My point was that the brand loyalty is not as strong as beer or cola's.
I just met with the 7-11 Field Consultant in one of my areas...Hyphy Energy Drink is scanning in at #3 in sales in her stores. Not No Fear, not Full Throttle, not Monster! Will it last? probably not. (Post is a little late....sorry)

Ron Swedelson
07-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Im surprised not Monster...No Fear and Full Throttle, I usually only see a case or so ever week or two, thoes have never been big sellers to me. But for Hyphy to scan # 3 with Red Bull, SF Red Bull, Red Bull 4 packs, Rock Star, Diet Rockstar, Rockstar 16 oz and 24 oz...that surprises me. Now, she may cover a great domegraphic for your drink. My father being a 7-11 Franchise owner, I know how thoes reports read. So if Hyphe was #3 as a drink company, for the week, for the month, I don't know which way they pulled it. Either way, if you are making some noise, good for you. I believe you brought Red Line to my fathers stores in Hayward and San Leandro, and he is still selling thoes well.

ALLPRO
07-28-2006, 10:32 AM
I don't think Hyphy will be a long term best seller (Pimp Juice and Crunk are good examples of "here today-gone next qtr") Hyphy is just an example of the point I am making...There is not alot of brand loyalty in the Energy drink category. Unlike sodas and beer. Red Bull, Red Line Rockstar and Monster will always be there...But they are always going to have to battle it out with the lastest "hot" product.

Ron Swedelson
07-28-2006, 11:12 AM
oh ok...got you...and I do believe you are on point with that as well.

SumPoosieCat
07-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Loyalty arrives when people truly enjoy a product and feel it has value. Many EDs do not stay around very long because they are poorly conceived and poor products as well.

greg
07-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by ALLPRO:
I don't think Hyphy will be a long term best seller (Pimp Juice and Crunk are good examples of "here today-gone next qtr") Hyphy is just an example of the point I am making...There is not alot of brand loyalty in the Energy drink category. Unlike sodas and beer. Red Bull, Red Line Rockstar and Monster will always be there...But they are always going to have to battle it out with the lastest "hot" product. PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

cromus
11-06-2006, 05:50 PM
OUTLAW energy drink is the best drink ive ever had, and for the money its not bad at all. the taste matches, monster and seems to go down smoother, i keep going back to the seven eleven where i bought it but i cant find it anymore. they sold within the snap of my fingers.

if you know where to get this, ill buy a case. this stuff is awesome! redline, is ok although it can be abused to a point where you just feel drained.

cromus
11-06-2006, 05:54 PM
I know that Outlaw is not going to outsell the "Big Boys". My point was that the brand loyalty is not as strong as beer or cola's.
I just met with the 7-11 Field Consultant in one of my areas...Hyphy Energy Drink is scanning in at #3 in sales in her stores. Not No Fear, not Full Throttle, not Monster! Will it last? probably not. (Post is a little late....sorry) monster has already tried to buy the loyalty of most goths within the goth scene, appealing to the "demonic" in goth. the have sponsored two seasons of batsday already, but i dont know if its increased loyalty, i would really rather go for something amazingly cheap like outlaw, which had the same amount of vitamins and supplements. then spend that extra 2 bucks on well, the same thing. www.batsday.net (http://www.batsday.net) (bats day is a celebration where goths get together and congregate at disneyland, some celebrities within the goth scene attend, but they are just like anyone else...kinda...heh.

cromus
11-06-2006, 05:55 PM
I just met with the 7-11 Field Consultant in one of my areas...Hyphy Energy Drink is scanning in at #3 in sales in her stores. Not No Fear, not Full Throttle, not Monster! Will it last? probably not. (Post is a little late....sorry) monster has already tried to buy the loyalty of most goths within the goth scene, appealing to the "demonic" in goth. the have sponsored two seasons of batsday already, but i dont know if its increased loyalty, i would really rather go for something amazingly cheap like outlaw, which had the same amount of vitamins and supplements. then spend that extra 2 bucks on well, the same thing. www.batsday.net (http://www.batsday.net) (bats day is a celebration where goths get together and congregate at disneyland, some celebrities within the goth scene attend, but they are just like anyone else...kinda...heh.

greg
11-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by cromus:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ALLPRO:
I just met with the 7-11 Field Consultant in one of my areas...Hyphy Energy Drink is scanning in at #3 in sales in her stores. Not No Fear, not Full Throttle, not Monster! Will it last? probably not. (Post is a little late....sorry) monster has already tried to buy the loyalty of most goths within the goth scene, appealing to the "demonic" in goth. the have sponsored two seasons of batsday already, but i dont know if its increased loyalty, i would really rather go for something amazingly cheap like outlaw, which had the same amount of vitamins and supplements. then spend that extra 2 bucks on well, the same thing. www.batsday.net (http://www.batsday.net) (bats day is a celebration where goths get together and congregate at disneyland, some celebrities within the goth scene attend, but they are just like anyone else...kinda...heh. </font>[/QUOTE]Dang, somebody beat me to it. We had a sales meeting yesterday and I told my CEO....If we can just capture the HUGE Goth market we could just sit back and count our money. ;) ;) ;)

Mr Zabe
11-06-2006, 08:31 PM
LMAO...PIMP(pissed in my pants)....Oh so funny. :D

SumPoosieCat
11-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Greg... It makes me laugh at just how little you know... You need the Goth AND the Gay Midget market to really make the big bucks! ;)

ALLPRO
11-06-2006, 08:36 PM
HEY....Some of Red Line's most loyal customers are Gay Midgets!!!!LOL

cromus
11-10-2006, 04:32 PM
so, does anyone know where to get some outlaw energy drink?

ALLPRO
11-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Outlaw is available in the South Bay, East Bay, Sacramento,Central Valley and Fresno.
PM me to get an exact location in your area.

greg
11-11-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by TallThinBlonde:
Greg... It makes me laugh at just how little you know... You need the Goth AND the Gay Midget market to really make the big bucks! ;) :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :mad: :eek: :eek: :D

SumPoosieCat
11-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Lol...

Allpro what drinks do you handle?

Ssol
11-21-2006, 03:52 AM
Outlaw is my favorite energy drink, simply because it actually tastes good. The price is great too! If they're sold out at the local carryouts (and they almost always are, these days. In fact, monday was restock day. I err.. loaded up :x ), I'll throw an extra buck down for the Monster. Monster Chaos comes a close second. Good taste, sharp, a bit of a step above regular (green label) monster.

If it's cheap, I'll try it. If I like it, I'll drink it. If I don't, I'll never buy it again (SoBe, Nos, anything with that cloying peach taste).

Outlaw works for me, and the only reason I tried it was the 99 cent price.