PDA

View Full Version : Anheuser Busch/Monster deal

reset man
07-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Has anyone seen or heard of Monster switching from any of their current distributors to AB houses as of yet? Just wondering how quickly this is supposed to be taking place if at all in some areas.

Fixx
08-18-2006, 05:55 PM
It is a deal that is happening already and by the way,as I understand it, it is not just Monster but it contains the rest of the Hansen's portfolio that is available for DSD distribution.

Later.

ALLPRO
08-19-2006, 01:11 AM
Varney Brothers (7-up-Modesto) just lost Monster to the local Bud House. They also lost Red Bull a month ago. This is a brutal business!

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-08-2006, 06:13 PM
it's staying put in the lansing, michigan (michigan state university) area.

David J.
09-09-2006, 12:11 AM
Man, I hope when/if it happens to my area it's painless. I just LOVE Monster, and I love the fact that I can get it cheap.

Great drink -- I wish 24oz cans where in my area.

MSUSodaGirl06
11-27-2006, 12:12 PM
There have been all kinds of rumors floating around about Monster going to Anheiser Busch, but neither the current Monster distributor or the local Bud distributor seems to have any difinitive answers about when this is really happening, and if certain Bud distributors will have to take it. I know of one distributor who does not want it, at least currently.

greg
11-27-2006, 03:23 PM
It's actually not a rumor. A deal has been signed but due to some current contractual obligations referring to time the current Monster dist's don't have to give it up until a pre-determined date.
Other AB dist's are mad as hell from other points of this deal. It seems that Hansens "gave " them Lost, Rumba, Five-O, etc and told them they "might" be able to get Monster down the road!

SumPoosieCat
11-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Who are the Varney Brothers?

ALLPRO
11-29-2006, 10:34 PM
The Varney Brothers own Stanislaus Beverage Company. They are are also the 7-up bottler in the Central Valley,as well as the Rockstar co-packer.