PDA

View Full Version : While watching the X-Games this past weekend...(Redbull)

DMC
08-07-2006, 06:53 PM
...i noticed there were a couple of skaters that were drinking the 16oz redbull cans. just curious, is the 160z can still a test market, or or they starting to try them in more areas?? i thought it was very cool to see some of the skaters drinking this huge ass redbull can. pretty cool to see.

Super Jay
08-08-2006, 11:20 PM
sorry dmc, those guys were not drinking the new 16 oz. red bull. they were actually drinking from a red bull water bottle. check out the black top and the sport top to drink out of. it is kind of weird that everyone was drinking out of water bottles with logos (RB, Monster, Rockstar, Unbound) and not out of the actual cans.

DMC
08-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Super Jay:
sorry dmc, those guys were not drinking the new 16 oz. red bull. they were actually drinking from a red bull water bottle. check out the black top and the sport top to drink out of. it is kind of weird that everyone was drinking out of water bottles with logos (RB, Monster, Rockstar, Unbound) and not out of the actual cans. well that's what i thought at first, i noticed the monster sports bottles and rockstar sports bottles, but there was a moment when one of the skaters, (the guy who won vert, who had a redbull helmet) looked as if he was holding a 16oz can. again, it very well could have been a sports bottle, but i thought it was a big can.

greg
08-19-2006, 06:10 PM
sorry dmc, those guys were not drinking the new 16 oz. red bull. they were actually drinking from a red bull water bottle. check out the black top and the sport top to drink out of. it is kind of weird that everyone was drinking out of water bottles with logos (RB, Monster, Rockstar, Unbound) and not out of the actual cans. They don't use RB, RockStar, Monster, etc as re-hydraters. ED's are terrible for re-hydration because by nature of their ingredients they are dehydrators. They probably all had water in their "water" bottles.
After you just had your turn on the ramp, tube, or whatever why would you then want an energy drink?????

Super Jay
08-20-2006, 12:22 AM
A few sips isn't going to kill any of those guys, most of them were drinking out of their "water" bottles after they were done with their event. Does anyone think that the Monster Khaos and Rockstar Juiced actually feels like it hydrates you just a little?

the saint
08-20-2006, 12:57 PM
speaking of the X games I just watched Travis do a double backflip on his suzuki. That guy is awesome..

Mr Zabe
08-20-2006, 01:36 PM
I saw that too.LOL

greg
08-20-2006, 07:16 PM
A few sips isn't going to kill any of those guys, most of them were drinking out of their "water" bottles after they were done with their event. Does anyone think that the Monster Khaos and Rockstar Juiced actually feels like it hydrates you just a little? Of course it's not going to harm you, however, those guys are asked to do a lot in the few days their events take place. Most guys are in multiple events and therfore require proper nutrition to perform at their peak.
If they are drinking ED's as re-hydraters then they need to take another look at their nutrition protocol. A lot of those guys are sponsored athletes and take it serious because they are making big bucks and their sponsors expect them to do well. If they were drinking RB's or Rockstars after their skate or ride or whatever then why don't they just pop the top on a can?????????? I bet they are drinking water or gatorade or something of that nature.

Coco Rico
08-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Actually, I know that all the Red Bull athletes happen to drink Red Bull mixed with water while they compete - hence the Red Bull water bottles. I read that in an article with two time Iron Man winner and Red Bull athlete Tim DeBoom. The water cuts the carbonation and hydrates them while they receive the energy benefits of the Red Bull. More than likely the Rockstar and Monster athletes do the same when they compete.

CR

Nick Laugher
08-20-2006, 09:23 PM
That's really interesting.