PDA

View Full Version : IS THE MARKET OVERWHEMINGLY SATURATED WITH ENERGY DRINKS ON THE GUN THAT IS WHY.....?

climaxenergydrink
09-09-2006, 02:22 AM
I have been in the bar & nightclub scene for at least 15 years now as a d.j. and customer now a pres. of an energy drink company. What is up lately with asking for a vodka & Red Bull in NYC, South Beach, Vegas and a bartender giving you a non red bull product out of the fountain gun ! Also it seems like when you tell them that this is not what i asked for they repeat it's all the same thing!! WHICH WE ALL KNOW ON THIS BOARD IT IS NOT !!!! I assume that is how Red Bull won it's case over Roaring Lion !

Whats your take on this? Is the market truly overwhemingly SATURATED with Energy Drinks on the gun ? Whats the percentage ? 3 in 1 perhaps !!!

CLIMAX EROTIC FUZION BEVERAGE
"ARE U PREPARED 2 GET YA FREAK ON"

Nick Laugher
09-09-2006, 02:45 PM
First of all, that's not a percentage, that's a ratio.

Secondly, I highly doubt the energy drink market is overwhelmingly saturated with fountain energy drinks, considering i've never even HEARD of any of these gun brands, and how they're not even CLOSE to breaking into the top 10 energy drinks.

In fact, I can honestly say, I have never even SEEN a place that uses fountain energy drinks.

fusion
09-10-2006, 12:33 AM
And if you have such a problem with it, contact RB NA with the name of the establishment that served you this knockoff drink. No sense coming here and complaining about it, there's nothing any of us can do.

climaxenergydrink
09-10-2006, 11:13 PM
I am absolutely not complaining about it ! i just wanted to see if i can get some feedback from all you. More importantly i wanted to see if you have ever experienced anything like that yourself fusion !! As far as you Nick come to nyc or south beach and witness these energy drinks on the gun it is not my problem you have never got out of Nova Scotia Pal !

greg
09-11-2006, 11:29 AM
I see it as the old "bait and switch". Now that RBNA has gotten the foothold on bars and clubs to serve RB/Vodka or whatever your choice it is easy for a bar to "skimp" on a cheaper brand in the gun because no one ever sees the BIB or a can for that matter. Clubs are taking advanatage of the customers in my opinion.
I for one would be pissed if I went to a club and ordered a RB/Vocka and got ???/Vodka. I would surely send it back and if I got the tired old response that" They're all the same " I would ask then , why do you sell 15 different brands of Vodka?

greg
09-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
And if you have such a problem with it, contact RB NA with the name of the establishment that served you this knockoff drink. No sense coming here and complaining about it, there's nothing any of us can do. You would be surprised at who actually lurk around these boards and who they represent.
Actually , that goes for any industry related board. Big Brother is always watching.

09-11-2006, 04:41 PM
greg thank you for your response ! It is nice to know that someone can enlighten the close minded individuals to what is reality ! greg let me just add that truly i am not one to send a drink back. Because 99% you will get some non-added substance in it If you know what i mean !! but i do understand your comment and it is well appreciated !

Coco Rico
09-11-2006, 05:43 PM
I don't think the market in general is saturated with products on the gun. However, I do know that in certain high profile cities with massive bar/nightclub scenes (NYC, LA, Miami, Chicago) you will see it a lot more. I think that this will always be a small problem for Red Bull, but they seem to have had a lot of success in the long-term with eventually winning these accounts back.

In my opinion, BIB energy drinks don't have long term viability, since they are not building their own brand identity. They sell in the on-premise because consumers are misled into thinking they are drinking a Red Bull. This is ultimately just further building up Red Bull's brand and leading to increased sales in the off-premise channels where Red Bull generates the majority of their sales.

That's why Roaring Lion came out with their plastic bottle package, with the hopes of capturing sales in the off-premise. Problem is they shot themselves in the foot by not establishing their own brand indentity in the on-premise. They were more interested in misleading customers and screwing over Red Bull (they are owned by a few disgruntled ex-Red Bull employees.)

CR