PDA

View Full Version : Spinners Energy Drink

greg
09-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Did anyone read the press release on this drink? I couldn't figure what they were trying to sell me on, the ED or new wheels for my car. It kept jumping back and forth so much I got confused. I honestly read it 3 times to try and make any sense out of it.

greg
09-12-2006, 03:19 PM
I just went to Spinners website. I think it needs a little work. They tell me all about the nifty little 8.3 oz can that the successful"crossover" drink comes in but everyone they show on the website that is drinking has either a water bottle in their hand or a plastic type sports bottle.
About the "crossover" what is it Crossing over from? It is a startup comapnay. It hasn't any market to crossover from yet?

NRGSLLR@
09-13-2006, 12:07 PM
How big of a market is the HIP HOP and Urban Chic? It would turn me off and a large portion of Midwesterners. Take for example Pimp Juice, Pit Bull and Raw Dawg. All aimed at the same market and have failed.

NRGSLLR@
09-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Seems like too many new companies are trying to find a niche, that isn't there. Seems like to me you should market to the mainstream consumer and make your drink different. Similar to what Greg has done. Find the next unique blend of ingredients that are actually effective and tout the benefits of your formula.

greg
09-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by NRGSLLR@:
Seems like too many new companies are trying to find a niche, that isn't there. Seems like to me you should market to the mainstream consumer and make your drink different. Similar to what Greg has done. Find the next unique blend of ingredients that are actually effective and tout the benefits of your formula. AMEN brotha!

Coco Rico
09-13-2006, 12:31 PM
I find it rather disappointing and fairly insulting that most companies feel that in order to target an "urban" crowd, they have to resort to stereotypes and cliches. Is no one creative anymore? Take Pimp Juice for example. In my opinion, it had a unique and palatable taste and I loved the stylish design of the gold can. Then they go and ruin it with the name.

Look at some of the liquor brands that are successful and popular in the on-premise in urban areas (at least where I live): Crown Royal, Belvedere, Gray Goose, Hennessey, Tanqueray, Bombay, etc... None of these are ghetto brands, they are actually very expensive brands with very sophisticated branding. How does a product like "Spinnerz" even begin to compete?

CR

[ 09-13-2006, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Coco Rico ]

Mr Zabe
09-13-2006, 01:35 PM
A sub culture of a minor group of West to East coast wana be tough hoodlums, is marketing crap to those that buy into symbols and not substance. IMO

Pimp,Blow & Pus$y are their calling cards. LOL

[ 09-13-2006, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]