PDA

View Full Version : COCAINE energy drink ?

climaxenergydrink
09-19-2006, 02:57 PM
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT ! I actually found out today over a local radio station in New York. Check out the website www.drinkcocaine.com. (http://www.drinkcocaine.com.) Supposably it's 350% stronger than Red Bull and they are selling it AT TGI FRIDAYS IN SAN DIEGO. WHATS NEXT ! MARIJUANA energy drink ?

CLIMAX EROTIC FUZION BEVERAGE
"ARE U PREPARED 2 GET YA FREAK ON"

Formerly climaxenergydrink BEVNET i have no use for 2 accounts one is fine ( CLIMAX EROTIC FUZION BEVERAGE ) THANKS !

BEVNET i hope you are not offended by this post i am simply just thought that it is my duty to make everyone aware of this type of product !

Joey
09-19-2006, 03:03 PM
They are going to run into some serious problems.

greg
09-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Holy Cow! What a ballsy move. I don't want to go through the whole 'It's the name" thing.

CStoreCatMan
09-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Not too bright IMO

SumPoosieCat
09-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Gee... and you guys thought SumPoosie was too much... hmmm !

Joey
09-19-2006, 07:44 PM
You guys should team up and tour strip clubs across the country.
JK

[ 09-20-2006, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: NutriVation ]

rackitup
09-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by NutriVation:
Yoy guys should team up and tour strip clubs across the country.
JK LOL,

climaxenergydrink
09-19-2006, 10:06 PM
only positive comments on this post please. We are all here to learn from each other ! Not rip each other a NEW ONE !

bevnet all i need is 1 account not 2 thanks!

formerly climax energy drink

ALLPRO
09-19-2006, 10:19 PM
We shouldn't even be giving this product any input at all.

Nick Laugher
09-19-2006, 11:27 PM
Just because of it's name? A little harsh.

So what if it's not mainstream friendly, maybe it's not trying to be. I for one, am going to try it before I pass judgement.

Joey
09-19-2006, 11:48 PM
It could be sent from heaven and I wouldn't give it the time of day.

-VV-
09-20-2006, 02:21 AM
Interesting. If you go to the web page, and click on the media link it takes you to some pics. Second pic down says "Cocaine at 7-11 - nudging out the Bull" and shows five cans lined up with the single can of Red Bull on the far right looking like it's being nudged off the shelf.

If you look really closely at the gap between the 4th and last can from left, you'll notice that all the cans behind the 5 in front are Red Bull.

I guess I shouldn't expect that anyone who would name a beverage Cocaine would have the common sense to properly stage a photograph.

Really, really dumb.

greg
09-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by TallThinBlonde:
Gee... and you guys thought SumPoosie was too much... hmmm ! Bro, that is an understatement if there ever was one. You look like Wally Clever now your name is so clean! LOL

greg
09-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Nick Laugher:
Just because of it's name? A little harsh.

So what if it's not mainstream friendly, maybe it's not trying to be. I for one, am going to try it before I pass judgement. Why do people come on here and say a product is not meant for mainstream... C'mon, What business person starts a business and says, "I want to only make 100k per year" That is effectively what you are saying when you say it may not be meant for mainstream.
The object of any business is to make as much money as you can ethically. Furthermore, If it wasn't meant for mainstream then why do they say it can be found in 7-11 and TGI Friday's. Is that not going mainstream.
I understand niche products but the beverage business is built on Volume, Volume, Volume!

[ 09-20-2006, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: greg ]

greg
09-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by climaxenergydrink:
only positive comments on this post please. We are all here to learn from each other ! Not rip each other a NEW ONE !

bevnet all i need is 1 account not 2 thanks!

formerly climax energy drink You started the negative comments by asking the question"What's next, Marijuana Energy Drink" That has a very negative connotation whether implied or expressed, it leaves the reader with one emotion.
The name is it's marketing stepping stone. The name has a negative connotation to most if not all on this board. What else is there to say positive about the drink.
It's not the fountain of youth, it is an energy drink.

Also, Isn't there laws pertaining to the marketing of products with exact or similar names to controlled substances?

greg
09-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by -VV-:

If you look really closely at the gap between the 4th and last can from left, you'll notice that all the cans behind the 5 in front are Red Bull.

Really, really dumb. Nice pick up!

Ron Swedelson
09-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Thank you Greg, that is what I have been pointing out for a while now.
Something else comes to mind, that picture says 7-11. But that cooler looks definatly like a Red Bull Countertop cooler. 7-11's do not allow outside fridges or equiptment because it violates their service contracts. Am I wrong here, or is this possible not a 7-11. Definatly, in a Red Bull cooler, thoes cans would not last mcuch longer than a day or two before the Red Bull guy comes in.

climaxenergydrink
09-21-2006, 01:59 AM
Greg let me start first by saying what you are doing with REDLINE is terrific!It's great to have some guidance on a board Like this through your eyes and ofcourse words. But when i made the comment "Whats next Marijuana energy drink" i was simply making a point, that in this segment we have no use for an energy drink called COCAINE ENERGY DRINK. Liquid Blow, yes because it is somewhat commercial not as raw to the point like COCAINE ! But supposably the product has received tremendous publicity (check the search on google)and the website ! I might add that CLIMAX and i am positive SUM POOSIE where meant to be marketed towards the Adult themed market and ofcourse bars & clubs there is no need for my product and Sorry Drayton & TTB to be in mainstream there is certainly a huge market for our type of drinks but not COCAINE energy drink IT ABSOLUTELY SENDS THE WRONG MESSAGE !

formerly climax energy drink ! Bevnet i sent you an e-mail to change the account 2 CEFB i appreciate your attention ! Thank you !

greg
09-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Climax,
I didn't mean to come off "stand offish". I was just pointing out how easy it is, or for that matter, how natural it is, to say something negative conerning a product called "Cocaine".
I didn't mean to sound as if I was attacking you.
My bad.
And Thanks for the kind words.

climaxenergydrink
09-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Greg None taken and you earned it !!!

Mr Zabe
09-21-2006, 12:57 PM
News Article 9/20/06 (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=406304&in_page_id=1770)

I saw this article in today's Drudge Report.

[ 09-21-2006, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

climaxenergydrink
09-21-2006, 01:19 PM
280 MILLIGRAMS OF CAFFEINE PER 8.4 FL OZ. ! wow ! But let's be honest,we knew that these articles would eventually show up and why wouldn't they !! Don't be surprised if you see politicians showing there support against COCAINE energy drink with the organizations they are backed by ! Election Day is right around the corner !! thanks Mr. Zabe for the info !!

Nick Laugher
09-21-2006, 10:51 PM
I think you guys are way too wrapped up in the name here. I'm going to review this and see how it is.

climaxenergydrink
09-22-2006, 12:35 AM
When you do! please let us know what your thoughts are about the product ? Thanks !

greg
09-22-2006, 10:21 AM
I think you guys are way too wrapped up in the name here. I'm going to review this and see how it is. Corporations spend Billions of dollars in marketing their "names". Names are very important in my opinion. Otherwise why don't people just call their drinks, Jacks Energy Drink, or Pauls Energy Drink?

Kleenex, Red Bull, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, IBM, XEROX,Microsoft, are just a few of the company's that have built strong "brand" names that people associate with quality products.

How is "Cocaine" going to build that name into a strong category contender? The opposition to the name will hold them back. (why do I feel that I have had this conversation before?)

Mr Zabe
09-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Greg,
Big time DITTO!!!!!
It needed to be said again. smile.gif

climaxenergydrink
09-22-2006, 03:06 PM
AMEN TO THAT GENTLEMAN !

Doug
09-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Accord to the Caffeine Database, the drink has 280mg's of caffeine in an 8.4oz bottle, the 2nd most among energy drinks and by far the highest ratio of caffeine per ounce.

NRGSLLR@
10-04-2006, 11:12 AM
The media has spoken!!!
From Beverage World October 3, 2006

The maker of the latest high-energy drink -- Cocaine -- must have snorted the real thing, a Queens, NY lawmaker charged yesterday. Councilman James Sanders Jr., a Laurelton Democrat, said he was shocked when constituents informed him last week about the latest drink hitting the shelves in New York City and Long Island. At a City Hall news conference, he said the drink's name and claims it contains a massive amount of "energy" send the wrong message to young people, who may think the actual drug was OK to use.

James Kirby, the senior partner and founder of Redux Beverages, a Las Vegas-based company that created the drink, dismissed arguments that it would lead to drug use, but described it as an alternative to the real thing.

"People know the difference; I don't think people will look at our drink and say, 'Oh, I'm going to buy some real cocaine,'" said Kirby, who said he picked the name knowing it would generate controversy and free promotion. "Cocaine is associated with energy, and we're allowed to do this."

But Cocaine Energy Drink, touted as "the legal alternative" to the controlled substance, has touched a raw nerve with some Queens residents and a lawmaker who want to clear shelves of the new product.

Declaring side effects such as "extreme amounts of energy" and a warning to "drink at your risk" on its Web site, the carbonated drink's promoters imply that it can deliver "euphoria" without the risks associated with the deadly drug.

"We will not be silent in the face of this," Sanders said. "Yes, there is a danger we're going to give him advertisement, but at the same time, what would happen to our conscience if we did not speak up?"

Sanders said he will ask the city's Department of Health and Department of Consumer Affairs to investigate the product and its content. The health department did not comment yesterday.

The drink's Web site, www.drinkcocaine.com, (http://www.drinkcocaine.com,) has red and white graphics similar to those of Coca-Cola, and identifies a handful of stores in New York City and one in Long Beach under the icon "dealers" that sell the drink.

At the Hello Deli on Broadway in Manhattan, owner Rupert Jee said he realized the name would be controversial when he agreed to sell it.

"From a marketing standpoint, they made a bull's-eye on that because just the name itself was selling the product," said Jee, who makes frequent appearances on "Late Show with David Letterman" from his deli near the theater. Jee said he's sold some cans of Cocaine, which sells for $2.75, but it's not as popular as Red Bull, another high-energy drink. "So long as it's not hurting anyone, I see no reason not to sell it."

In Long Beach, a manager at Monarch Beverage said he stopped carrying the drink. "They dropped off three cases, and someone came in and bought it all, and that's it," said the manager, who declined to give his name. "We're not carrying it."

A manager in a Bellerose store said: "We're thinking of discontinuing it. We don't want any controversy. Maybe they should change the name."

Beverages with buzz

Caffeine levels for some popular drinks

Snapple Lemon Tea (12 oz.) 31.5 mg

Coca-Cola (12 oz.) 34 mg

Pepsi-Cola (12 oz.) 38 mg

Dr. Pepper (12 oz.) 41 mg

Mountain Dew (12 oz.) 55 mg

Red Bull (8.3 oz.) 80 mg

Cocaine Energy Drink (8.4 oz.) 280 mg

Starbucks coffee (16 oz.) 372 mg

climaxenergydrink
10-05-2006, 06:01 AM
COCAINE ENERGY DRINK REVIEW:

i actually found the drink in my hometown in New York and was waiting to give it a review. I must say that it is not like anything i ever tasted. I WOULD COMPARE IT TO A LIQUID VERSION OF THE BIG RED GUM WITH A FLARE OF CINNAMON THATS KNOCKS YOU OUT ! I drank it cold right out of this beverage distributors fridge it was 5oclock wed IT IS NOW 5am thursday morning and i still feel it ! IT'S TIME TO DO MY ROUTE !! GET UP FOR WORK ! My first good sip was one that i never experienced. i tasted the sugar and NOT HFCS thereafter a shock of cinnamon and then a tingling sensation in my throat that was numbing, at the same time for a good 10seconds. The feeling became less because it seemed after, that my throat was used to the sensation kind of like getting a tattoo for the first time and that feeling you get and than the area is so numb you don't feel it anymore, thats the anology. At that point and time i said God forbid if someone mixes this with alcohol because there is more than vitamins, aminos, and herbs in this drink. There has to be an added chemical that is not listed just mix that with the alcohol i can see somebody getting effected in a harmful way. But let me add i am certainly not a doctor so there is no validity in the statement it is just an assumption.THE SUPPLEMENT FACTS ARE calories 70, fat 0, sodium 200mg. carbs: sugars 18g, protein 1g, TAURINE 750mg, INOSITOL 100mg, VITAMIN B6 300% RDI, VITAMIN B12 600% RDI, VITAMIN C 100% RDI, L-CARNITINE 50mg, D-RIBOSE 250mg, GUARANA 25mg THESE ARE ALL PER 8.4 FL OZ PER SERVING. I COPIED IT RIGHT OFF THE CAN AND THE INGREDIENTS READ: carbonated water,dextrose, citric acid,taurine,natural flavors, sodium citrate, CAFFEINE LETS NOT FORGET ALMOST 300mg,d-ribose,salt,sodium benzonate,inositol,ascorbic acid(vitamin c),sucralose,l-carnitine,potassium sorbate,guarana seed extract,pyridoxine,hydrochloride (vitamin b6), cyanoccobalamin (vitamin b12) & fd & c coloring.than it has a rectangle sideways that has 3 and a half bulls horns and the words energy level are going across. THE CONCLUSION: i have to say i took about 6 sips or small chugs and than it was all gone. i had an extreme amount of energy i also might add that my heart did not race which i was very surprised and i did not feel jittery but i did have a slight shake 5 minutes after. Overall i would say the can is very noticeable striking with the white font and the easy to read tagline the legal alternative. It was good in taste not awesome the kick was one that i will not forget and the experience gives COCAINE ENERGY DRINK A 7 OUT OF 10 LINES OF CREDIT ! I hoped you all enjoyed the thorough review DON'T WORRY I WON'T QUIT MY DAY JOB !! ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN !!!

P.S. SORRY FOR THE RUN ON SENTENCES I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO CORRECT IT I HAVE TO GET MY BUTT ON MY GARBAGE TRUCK ! IT SHOWS YOU THE PASSION I HAVE FOR THIS INDUSTRY AND I AM STILL NEW 3 YEARS YOUNG ! MORE IMPORTANTLY IN THE EARLY STAGES OF CLIMAX EROTIC FUZION BEVERAGE ( IN 3 GALLON BAG IN A BOX) C U IN ATLANTIC CITY NJ NEXT WEEK DON'T WORRY U WILL NOTICE ME ! LOOK FOR....

climaxenergydrink
10-05-2006, 06:47 AM
OH BY THE WAY I FORGOT TO MENTION IT COSTS ME $3.55 FOR 2 CANS OF THE STUFF AND I ASKED HOW MUCH WOULD IT BE FOR A CASE HE MENTIONED $35.00.

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL !!

fixman88
10-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Wow, that stuff must be strong! Where do I get some?

climaxenergydrink
10-07-2006, 03:25 PM
fix e-mail me at climaxenergy at aol and i'll give you the info !!

CLIMAX erotic fuzion beverage

SumPoosieCat
10-09-2006, 01:10 AM
What company decided to make this can??? Rexam..... Ball ???

climaxenergydrink
10-09-2006, 06:39 PM
TTB,

Ball ! It is an interesting can reminds me of energy 69 but it is in 8.4 not 8.3 fl oz. The text COCAINE works with the red and ofcourse LESS IS MORE on the graphics end !!

CLIMAX

SumPoosieCat
10-10-2006, 02:33 AM
I don't think it is very funny nor do I think anyone will take this product seriously. I am sure it will die a slow death just like energy 69.

Bill Brasky
10-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Not just die a slow death....but watch for town by town and city by city banning its sale due to its poor reception.

Not a hater, just think this one touched a nerve most city councils will love to show their toughness with on banning it within their confines. I know a little about politics, and this is an EASY target to make a statement from an existing political party.

My $.02.

climaxenergydrink
10-11-2006, 02:24 AM
posted 09-21-2006 12:19 PM
280 MILLIGRAMS OF CAFFEINE PER 8.4 FL OZ. ! wow ! But let's be honest,we knew that these articles would eventually show up and why wouldn't they !! Don't be surprised if you see politicians showing there support against COCAINE energy drink with the organizations they are backed by ! Election Day is right around the corner !! thanks Mr. Zabe for the info !!

JUST MY $.04

SumPoosieCat
10-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Let's hope it just goes away Cocaine, Liquid Blow, all of that kind of stuff.

NRGSLLR@
10-12-2006, 02:49 PM
TTB isn't that the Pot calling the Kettle Black? Seems to me your brand is a little out there as well. Unless you have changed the name of your drink to Hello Kitty.

SumPoosieCat
10-12-2006, 06:56 PM
You want to compare SumPoosie with Cocaine? You have to be kidding...SumPoosie is sold at bars where Sex on the Beach, Orgasms, and Blow Jobs have been sold for many years... where is it ok to sell Cocaine??? If my 16 year old was drinking and singing the praises of SumPoosie I would smile... if he was walking around bragging about how great cocaine was I would be greatly concerned.

-VV-
10-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by TallThinBlonde:
If my 16 year old was drinking and singing the praises of SumPoosie I would smileWow.

C-Note
10-12-2006, 07:28 PM
TTB's 16 year old must be a male.

Nick Laugher
10-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Hey now, let's not forget about lesbians.
They're people too.

Ronin
10-15-2006, 04:07 PM
So your saying lesbians enjoy SumPoosie with Cocaine?

climaxenergydrink
10-15-2006, 11:00 PM
if he was walking around bragging about how great cocaine was I would be greatly concerned.posted 10-12-2006 05:56 PM -TTB

Lets not forget it is a ENERGY DRINK TTB ! NOT THE REAL THING !

"THE LEGAL ALTERNATIVE"

CLIMAX erotic fuzion BEVERAGE

Mr Zabe
10-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Actions(names & labels)speak louder than words("It's only an energy drink.") :rolleyes:

climaxenergydrink
10-16-2006, 03:42 AM
?

Mr Zabe
10-16-2006, 08:25 AM
Children,teenagers and those who have not been around drugs might be induced to think that if this energy drink is cool then why not experiment with the real thing (cocaine,crack or what ever).

boodoo
10-16-2006, 10:57 AM
What are the line extensions....Heroin and LSD? What does it say about the person who would distribute or retail this product? Has integrity been replaced by a few bucks? I hope no one invests heavy in inventory 'cause the clock is running on those 15 minutes.......

MagicMan12g
10-17-2006, 04:28 PM
Hey everyone, I am by no means an expert in this field, but I am a marketing major at Temple University. (Like that matters?) I was just reading tons, and I mean TONS, of information regarding the COCAINE energy drink, and I came across this site. I figured I would just drop my 2 cents into this conversation.

First and foremost, I believe that energy drinks in general should only be allowed to be purchased by people 18 years of age and older. There is hardly any need for 12, 13, or even 16 year olds to be out there chugging energy drinks trying to obtain legal highs, or whatever else they think they're doing. (And if you get into the argument of kids wanting it more, I highly doubt a single can of an energy will cause them to sneak into a store and steal it.) Anyway, for the past couple of years, we have all seen the marketing of numerous energy drink companies, and things such as espressos. Who are they marketed to? Who uses them? College students, and workers (particularily with long and/or late shifts.) I do not believe this 'age of consumption' will rapidly change due to a new drink. And think about this....how many kids under 17-18 have even heard about this yet? The answer is not many.

College students and adult workers have been around long enough to know the difference between right and wrong (to a basic extent), and they know that an energy drink IS NOT a controlled substance. Personally, at 19, I drink 3 or 4 energy drinks a week due to my current workload. I think the name issue with Cocaine makes most people not want to try it anyway, but I plan to. The large amount of caffeine in this drink is enough to give me cause to try it.

I believe that the company was fully aware of exactly what will happen with the name. Mainstream will hate it, "underground" will love it. This drink will make it big at clubs. And from there, club goers will tell more of their college friends, and convince them to try it when there is a long paper they have to do the night before it is due. And then that person will tell another, and another, and so on.

One final point in this lenghty post. Red Bull's slogan, anyone know what it is?

Red Bull gives you wings.

^That statement breaks down to give you one, basic, underlying message. (This I know for a fact.)

Wings make you fly. When you fly, you are high.

The real slogan?

Red Bull gets you high.

But because their slogan isn't "Get's you high", no one realizes it and they allow it. It's an obvious, yet somehow subconsious message like many others that our nation accepts blindly, while we practically condemn the makers of other products, like Cocaine Energy Drink.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Mr Zabe
10-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Oh I so remember my college days of rose colored glasses,whippets and bongs. My world made sense to me in my own ideal reality.

Little did I know that as the years past,what I thought was ideal
was just a hedonistic blur.

I standby my original posts,using illicit drug names for energy drink names is a disgrace and at minimal immoral.

[ 10-17-2006, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

MagicMan12g
10-17-2006, 04:56 PM
I don't believe your post was made in an attacking manner, but it definately came off that way. I'm not trying to take part in an argument, I'd like to take part in a discussion. So:

Not once did I ever advocate, nor take part in whippets, marijuana, and/or the like. So, the first part of your post assuming that I'm a drug-using bum, doesn't come off so well. I have no false-perception of reality. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I know the way the world works, but what I will tell you is that I know Cocaine the ENERGY DRINK. ISN'T THE CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE. Do you drink red bull? Having several cans of red bull (sugarfree) will be nearly the same as one can of Cocaine the energy drink.

Your second part of your post: I'm sorry you lived in such a hedonistic blur of life. Did you attend college in the 70s? Just wondering (I'm not trying to be an *******, but things are not nearly as wild as they used to be.)

And finally, using a name for something that people abuse isn't immoral. People CHOOSE to snort cocaine. People CHOOSE to take ecstasy. (There are energy pills called something like X-tasy, as well as an alcoholic drink called X-tasy. Why not call them immoral.)

I'm goning to use an example I heard the other day to show Immorality as it pertains to people naming things.

Immoral is like hearing that a skiier crashes into a tree. And knowing that the man just died, someone says "Hey look, that guy pulled a Sonny Bono."

People that die as a result to drug abuse is what makes the drug itself a bad thing. Alcohol abuse is so prevalent in this country, yet we do very, very little about it, and it's a shame. I wish that as a country we learned to regulate things in a much more appropriate manner, rather than saying "You CAN do this. You CAN'T do that. You MUST do this, and you can NEVER do that."

I'm not mad at cocaine the substance for many of its users dieing. I'd be more mad at them for wasting their life.

And PLEASE don't start saying I want cocaine to be legalized, because I don't. And also, don't say I want alcohol illegal, because I didn't say that either.

Mr Zabe
10-17-2006, 05:40 PM
We can agree to disagree. :D

greg
10-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan12g:
I don't believe your post was made in an attacking manner, but it definately came off that way. I'm not trying to take part in an argument, I'd like to take part in a discussion. So:

Not once did I ever advocate, nor take part in whippets, marijuana, and/or the like. So, the first part of your post assuming that I'm a drug-using bum, doesn't come off so well. I have no false-perception of reality. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I know the way the world works, but what I will tell you is that I know Cocaine the ENERGY DRINK. ISN'T THE CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE. Do you drink red bull? Having several cans of red bull (sugarfree) will be nearly the same as one can of Cocaine the energy drink.

Your second part of your post: I'm sorry you lived in such a hedonistic blur of life. Did you attend college in the 70s? Just wondering (I'm not trying to be an *******, but things are not nearly as wild as they used to be.)

And finally, using a name for something that people abuse isn't immoral. People CHOOSE to snort cocaine. People CHOOSE to take ecstasy. (There are energy pills called something like X-tasy, as well as an alcoholic drink called X-tasy. Why not call them immoral.)

I'm goning to use an example I heard the other day to show Immorality as it pertains to people naming things.

Immoral is like hearing that a skiier crashes into a tree. And knowing that the man just died, someone says "Hey look, that guy pulled a Sonny Bono."

People that die as a result to drug abuse is what makes the drug itself a bad thing. Alcohol abuse is so prevalent in this country, yet we do very, very little about it, and it's a shame. I wish that as a country we learned to regulate things in a much more appropriate manner, rather than saying "You CAN do this. You CAN'T do that. You MUST do this, and you can NEVER do that."

I'm not mad at cocaine the substance for many of its users dieing. I'd be more mad at them for wasting their life.

And PLEASE don't start saying I want cocaine to be legalized, because I don't. And also, don't say I want alcohol illegal, because I didn't say that either. WHAT?????? Could you be more all over the map!
Regulate things by having the govt tell me I MUST Do that or I MUST do this? C'mon. The market has already decided what it is going to do with Cocaine the energy drink...that is, not let it succeeed.
Morals are not equal in society. The environment one grows up in helps form morals, therefore, that is why America is a land that has a rule of law, not a land of morals.

[ 10-17-2006, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: greg ]

MagicMan12g
10-17-2006, 10:34 PM
greg (with a small "g" lol), I went "all over the map" covering myself in response to Mr. Zabe's post. I don't plan to be so thorough to the point where I write you a full 100 page book about it, I figured I could just be brief on several subjects, separated by paragraphs.

The market has decided nothing yet, as the product is brand new. Maybe it will be destroyed, maybe it won't. I could care less, I just figured I would take part in the discussion. Only thing I have to contribute is the fact that I see this product being more of a club/"underground" sort of thing. Much like the drink "Bawls" was for a while, before they put that into stores.

Mr Zabe, I'm glad we can at least agree on something though :-D lol

climaxenergydrink
10-17-2006, 10:49 PM
I have read all the posts on this particular section.Everyone i am amazed about the passion we the proprietors of these energy drink companys and ultimately the consumer have on this industry ! I hope to see this for days, months, years to come ! It is great that we have this outlet to network and convey our messages ! GOD BLESS AMERICA ! With that being said i believe James Kirby the pres of Cocaine energy drink is a genius. This is the american dream and he is living it ! It could be one of you or me to that extent. He had the idea and streamlined it right into the mainstream ! Boards like this are helping his product reap the benefit because we are the ones that get the WORD OUT ! I truly believe he is not in this for the long term and i can honestly see this products demise within a 6 mos period or even sooner but he's CLIMAXING on the buzz of us and the media.I have never seen anything like this. The publicity is absolutely amazing ! The so called aftermath of it is true that IT IS NOT A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE IT IS A ENERGY DRINK REPEAT THAT EVERYONE ! If parents do what they are supposed to do and educate there children on life and the basics than they will know that above statement is true. Everyone just think of what these young adults are subject to everyday. The violence in the video games, drugs !! Lets be honest with ourselves and each other thats how everyone across the board gets ratings ! Do i think it is a up selling product ! No ! You always will have people in society that don't know better and this is one of those cases. But do i think the percentage of COCAINE ENERGY DRINK YOUNG ADULTS THAT THINK THAT IF THE DRINK IS OK 2 DRINK THAN THE DRUG CAN BE SO MUCH BETTER ! ARE SAYING LET ME TRY IT ! THATS LUDICROUS ! ALWAYS REMEMBER IT COULD BE ALOT WORSE !! SO LIVE AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE AND DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL S*** BECAUSE THATS WHAT WILL EVENTUALLY KILL YOU !!

greg
10-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Climax,
Do you really think that James Kirby is living the American Dream? How can he be living a dream when he is marketing a drink that is named after a hideous drug that has ruined many lives, families, and careers? Furthermore, getting into the ED market for 6 months or so is not the American dream. How much money can one make in 6 months on a volume based product:Figure 2 months for rollout, 1 month of sales, 3 months of a quick and painful death due to BAD publicity. How can you make a ton of money in that short of time? NY city has banned the drink, Students of CSU are organizing a law suit against Redux for marketing a product that is inmoral and scandalous in nature,and the FTC is coming down on them for heavily marketing the drink as a "legal alternative to cocaine" on a website popular with teenagers(my space). Kirby is not genius....he is a dumbass.
Who's money is he using to market this product? I hope it is his because I sure as hell hope no one else is helping him turn the ED category into a slime ball hit and run segment of the Beverage industry that preys on ignorance, misconceptions, and personal vulnerabilities as well as the fragile social fabric of teenagers and adolescents who have fallen victim of the culture of drug use and its percieved "coolness' perpetrated by companies like Redux.

boodoo
10-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Just a thought from my younger days back in the 70's. Some people (not me of course) would buy Zig Zag rolling papers until a brand named TOP came out. We were smart enough to figure out that TOP spelled backward was POT! Genious marketing?

ALLPRO
10-18-2006, 11:59 AM
There is no defense for this product. How in your right mind can you ever support this product. This type of product gives ED's a bad rap. You are totally irresponsible if you manufacture, distribute or retail this type of product.

climaxenergydrink
10-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Greg i can't fault you for voicing and painfully expressing your outrage! i do understand it ! possibly it can be hitting home for you, like others and i feel your passion for this industry ! But wake up greg ! Drugs are all over even in these kids video games (SCARFACE etc..)! violence is all over the media and this country ! I also might add lets call up Ball Corporation and find out the exact volume Redux beverages are doing ? We certainly know that James Kirby and his associates aren't spending the moneys on marketing because the "GENIUS" is letting everyone do it for him and ultimately his product.Just think of how many ed's come out and spend the percentage of there moneys on a diverse marketing campaign. I am positive that his moneys are focused some where else and eventually going into his pocket for a substantial profit ! I think you need to get your facts straight because i know for sure since i personally distribute COCAINE ENERGY DRINK FOR A FEW OF MY ASSOCIATES AND IT IS LIVE AND KICKING FOR NOW IN NY & NYC !the reason being is i have personally established a foundation for my brand/beverage through this product so it is all business ! I am really concerned about your words that assume James kirby's intent was to market a product that was going to reach the young adult segment and make this a up selling type of product for the CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE - COCAINE ! In conclusion J.K. has said it in numerous interviews that he is against drug use nor does he promote it !Cocaine energy drink was created to be a fun and exciting drink he just used that name because it has shock value and NOW WE ALL COMPREHEND !

" ARE U PREPARED 2 GET YA FREAK ON "
LIFE IS TO SHORT DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL ISHHH BECAUSE IT WILL EVENTUALLY KILL YOU IN THE END !

climaxenergydrink
10-18-2006, 12:16 PM
But when i made the comment "Whats next Marijuana energy drink" i was simply making a point, that in this segment we have no use for an energy drink called COCAINE ENERGY DRINK.there is certainly a huge market for our type of drinks but not COCAINE energy drink IT ABSOLUTELY SENDS THE WRONG MESSAGE !

posted 09-21-2006 12:59 AM09-21-2006 12:59 AM

I said this huh !! hahaha !! BEAT YOU TO IT GREG !

TALKING ABOUT BALLSY MOVE !!

climaxenergydrink
10-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Let's talk about candy cigarettes (LUNG CANCER), the on going cholestrol problem and obesity (SUPER SIZE EVERYTHING) just to let you guys know that you are worried about something that is A SMALL FISH IN A BIG POND !

finuto as us ITALIANS SAY !!

Ron Swedelson
10-18-2006, 12:32 PM
These are basicaly the same discussions as when Sum Poosie came out. Yes, I think Cocaine Energy Drink is bit further over the line. As far as being offended, a name is not going to offend me. Name it Jesus Juice, name it anything, a name is just a name. But that is just me. We all know many mothers, eaisily offeneded people, and some that are just not as open minded are going to have issues with this Cocaine drink. The bigger fear is not if you or I will get offended, it is "what happens when my kid thinks its cool to have some Cocaine". That is a true concern, but it also is not something to worry that your kids are going to be druggies from this drink. I remember when I was 7 years old, me and my friends thought we were cool because we would carry around a cup of sugar and say it was cocaine. Thats just kid stuff, you glamorize what you don't understand.
The Red Bull gets you high....never even crossed my mind, and might be a stretch. I see it as Red Bull gives you wiings...straight up, gives you an extra push.
Sum Poosie, Crank, Crack, Cocain, XTC, EXTACY, what ever...these are all just drinks. The majority of stores, or even main distributors will not carry these products. When you stop putting a play on words though, and try to play them straight up, you will get resistence from parents, groups, the news, and probably even the gov. I dont see Cocaine living that long, and possibly getting banned.

greg
10-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Greg i can't fault you for voicing and painfully expressing your outrage! i do understand it ! possibly it can be hitting home for you, like others and i feel your passion for this industry ! But wake up greg ! Drugs are all over even in these kids video games (SCARFACE etc..)! violence is all over the media and this country ! I also might add lets call up Ball Corporation and find out the exact volume Redux beverages are doing ? We certainly know that James Kirby and his associates aren't spending the moneys on marketing because the "GENIUS" is letting everyone do it for him and ultimately his product.Just think of how many ed's come out and spend the percentage of there moneys on a diverse marketing campaign. I am positive that his moneys are focused some where else and eventually going into his pocket for a substantial profit ! I think you need to get your facts straight because i know for sure since i personally distribute COCAINE ENERGY DRINK FOR A FEW OF MY ASSOCIATES AND IT IS LIVE AND KICKING FOR NOW IN NY & NYC !the reason being is i have personally established a foundation for my brand/beverage through this product so it is all business ! I am really concerned about your words that assume James kirby's intent was to market a product that was going to reach the young adult segment and make this a up selling type of product for the CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE - COCAINE ! In conclusion J.K. has said it in numerous interviews that he is against drug use nor does he promote it !Cocaine energy drink was created to be a fun and exciting drink he just used that name because it has shock value and NOW WE ALL COMPREHEND !

" ARE U PREPARED 2 GET YA FREAK ON "
LIFE IS TO SHORT DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL ISHHH BECAUSE IT WILL EVENTUALLY KILL YOU IN THE END ! Climax,
Bro, just because it is Out there doesn't make it right. Violence and real life drug use are a problem that have de-sensitized a lot of America, but are you telling me that because they are out there that they are OK? It seems you have fallen victim of the "im not responsible" attitude that so penetrates America these days. YOU are part of the problem by marketing and selling products that connote the attitude that drug use is OK. That is perverse and unsettling in my point of view.
Moreover, are you suggesting that my values come from a deep seated resentment to drug use/marketing because of personal issues or incidents in my life? Does one have to have personal knowledge of these atrocities to have a moral stance against them?
I have never said that the ED Cocaine is a starting point to upsell kids or adults to the real drug Cocaine. I have held steadfastly to my belief that any product that boldly compares itself to drug use or a drug is wrong and has no place in the market place that has a high yield of its consumers in the teenage and young adult demographics.
Who cares how much money other ED's spend on marketing? The truth is Free publicity is good but what he is getting is Bad publicity in the form of Negative attitudes torwards his drink.
NYC Councilman James Sanders Jr. said "Either you are woefully ignorant of the horrors of cocaine addiction or your god is the dollar bill," Perhaps you should take a step back and see what this might do for your business in the long run. Retailers will remember you as "the guy that sold cocaine" and not all retailers are money grubbing whores that don't care about what they sell and what influences it has on their community.
By the way, Is it a coincidence or tongue in cheek that distributors of Cocaine Energy drink are refered to as "DEALERS". And why did they take down the links or charity section that made assertions to addiction by providing links to the Betty Ford Clinic and other Substance abuse clinics? Could be the negative feedback they are getting?
I do stand corrected on saying that the NYC council was banning it...they have actually called for a BOYCOTT of it.

I live in Jupiter Fl. Come down here and try to get your ED in my community and I will be the first one to greet you as you try to sell your first case and I will fight you all the way.

[ 10-18-2006, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: greg ]

Mr Zabe
10-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Climax(or was that Orgasm LOL)
Apples to oranges make poor tasting lemonade. :cool: You make a good point. Let's stick with the point that illicit drug names are being used to market EDs.

[ 10-18-2006, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

climaxenergydrink
10-18-2006, 01:49 PM
first of all greg, lets not go there, because believe me if i wanted to get my product in Jupiter it would be there buddy! I have contacts all over florida including family that are in politics ! So Lets keep it professional like we always have ! I don't agree with promoting drug use or a name affiliated with drug use in this industry ! But it is all about making money and business ! I MEAN I AM NOT SELLING MY SOUL TO THE DEVIL MAMA MIA !!Remember i didn't come up with the name even though i am promoting it ! I stand by what i said in previous posts that on the marketing stand point that James Kirby is a genius because he is not spending marketing dollars HE IS LETTING THE PEOPLE GET THE WORD OUT FOR HIM !I HAVE NEVER SEE THIS MUCH PUBLICITY AROUND A PRODUCT HAVE YOU ?

NRGSLLR@
10-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Any one who has seen or met Greg, knows he has lived the lifestyle he promotes which is one of health and fitness. The product he sells is one that has solid, pharmceutical research and trial behind it. It is geared specifically to a market that understands it's use and benefits from the proper use of the product. What, JK is doing is hoping to build a brand based upon controversy, not marketing, efficacy or need. This brand will die a quick death, the lawsuit in Cleveland is the first of many actions against this brand and any other that offends, moral sensibilities of society. The other thing this branding effort will do, is bring the eye of the FDA down on the entire industry causing a backlash to ALL companies marketing EDs in the US, we should all make sure our "Houses are in Order".

Be careful Greg, it sounds like Climax is actually Tony Soprano

greg
10-18-2006, 03:08 PM
For the record, I was not inciting physical violence, I was fighting figuratively anyone promoting a drink to my community named Cocaine.
Tell me one Politician that will stand up for an Energy Drink with the name Cocaine. Just One and I will shut my mouth right now.
You contadict yourself Climax. You are promoting "a name affiliated with drug use" by promoting a product named Cocaine.
Marketing genius does not result in a quick sale of a product that requires VOLUME to make money. If he were selling a big ticket purchase that he can make millions on in 6 months and then escape to a world of obscurity then perhaps he is a marketing genius, but we all know that is not the case here.
Lets consider this: Say he last's a year. A 24pk( I won't even go into the fact that you sell it by the 8 ball pack) cost $24 wholesale with no discount for volume purchases.Say he makes $8 net before EBITDA off of each case. To make $1mm he has to sell 125K cases. That is before he pays insurance cost(liability is hell for an energy drink) employees, attorneys fees, building cost/rent, etc. As I stated also , that is Earnings before Interest, TAXES, Depreciation, and Amortization (commonly used in the beverage industry.
I don't see it on a product with a short Market life.

greg
10-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by NRGSLLR@:
Any one who has seen or met Greg, knows he has lived the lifestyle he promotes which is one of health and fitness. The product he sells is one that has solid, pharmceutical research and trial behind it. It is geared specifically to a market that understands it's use and benefits from the proper use of the product. What, JK is doing is hoping to build a brand based upon controversy, not marketing, efficacy or need. This brand will die a quick death, the lawsuit in Cleveland is the first of many actions against this brand and any other that offends, moral sensibilities of society. The other thing this branding effort will do, is bring the eye of the FDA down on the entire industry causing a backlash to ALL companies marketing EDs in the US, we should all make sure our "Houses are in Order".

Be careful Greg, it sounds like Climax is actually Tony Soprano Thanks NRGSLLR.. It was great seeing you at NACS, even though you blew by so fast a couple of times I didn't really have a chance to talk to you that long.
As you could probably tell my southern accent I am a good candidate to be a "made man" in the Redneck Mafia! LOL

Ron Swedelson
10-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Are you serious or jokeing? Is this really packages in an 8-ball pack? Thats just wrong. Is the slogan going to have a picture of someone snorting the drink up as well? Or maybe mix it up with an alcohalic bev. and call it crack? Would I boycot a store for carying it? No. But how far can a company really go in pushing the "name play" game? I hope the FDA gets involved. I would love if they came down on ED and suppliments. All these items that claim what they do and can do for you, but are only regulated if something goes wrong. I don't like that. I don't think this person is a genius for naming his drink cocaine and getting press for it. It's all negative press, and screw the "any press is good press", when its about lawsuits and boycots and things of that nature, it is not good. Spinich recently got a lot of press, I don't think their numbers are up this week (even though I did have a spinach salad today). You had a fun game with the name, now stop it, re-name it, admit you made a youthful error in judgment and move forward with your drink if it is so good. And please, if you carry Cocaine, do not sell Bong Water sodas, you might give yourself a bad name.

greg
10-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Product spec sheet from www.drinkcocaine.com (http://www.drinkcocaine.com)
list product being sold in 8 ball case and 8 ball units as well as 1/2 8 ball case and 1/2 8 ball unit.

Mr Zabe
10-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Greg,
I think I just lost my appetite for dinner.
That 8 ball name play is about as low and hideous as it gets. :(

MagicMan12g
10-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Losing our appetites over an energy drink thats "supposed" to die a very quick death? Wow. That's SO LOW and SO HIDEOUS. Just because I see an energy drink in an "8-ball" pack I'm going to go snort kilos of cocaine. The name of this product isn't hurting anyone except those so easily offended.

I suppose any sort of racial humor, by any race, TO any race, is also one of the horrible thigns on the planet.

Take a few deep breaths, all of you, and just calm down. If you guys ARE right about this product dieing, than it really doesn't matter what it was called, does it?

climaxenergydrink
10-18-2006, 09:31 PM
8 BALL - BIG DEAL HE'S PLAYING ALL ON THE NAME ! IT'S MARKETING AT IT'S FINEST ! As long as no one is physically getting hurt by it than it's ok ! these young adults, individuals aren't going into a store and grabbing a needle and shooting it up there veins ! I really believe that this entire subject is getting totally blown out of proportion ! GREG one day i'll pay you a visit ! HaHa ! and we will have a sit down and laugh all about this while we sip on some REDLINE ! Oh by the way i had an opportunity to taste your product at my friends gym I MUST ADMIT IT WAS DELICIOUS ! LETS GET AWAY FROM THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS AND NETWORK AND LEARN FROM EACH OTHER LIKE WE ALWAYS HAVE ON THIS BOARD ! LIKE I ALWAYS SAID it is great that we have a passion about this industry and it certainly shows through our comments on these posts. Refer to me as the GODFATHER OF THE ENERGY DRINK BUSINESS ! my new concept oh i forgot here comes the comments about the violence and the anology of the mafia and me being Italian and so on.Everybody what i am refering to is any individual can find something wrong with anything if they truly want to ! In this case COCAINE ENERGY DRINK IS OUT THERE ALREADY THERES NO NEED FOR SOMEONE TO DISECT IT !

your friend and bevnet associate,

SumPoosieCat
10-18-2006, 11:13 PM
No... there is nothing cool or funny about this at all. Cocaine??? It doesn't even deserve comment... if you think SumPoosie is on the same stage as Cocaine you have serious issues.

There is no cool factor or laugh factor here at all.

climaxenergydrink
10-18-2006, 11:39 PM
TTB WHO IS SAYING THAT SUMPOOSIE IS ON THE SAME STAGE AS COCAINE ?

ALLPRO
10-18-2006, 11:44 PM
ClimaxEd-You talk, but you don't walk! I always love when some poser starts his sentence with "don't go there". I am sure your poltical "contacts" are ready to jump on board to help you get Cocaine ED all over Florida. Climax you are the perfect distributor for both "Climax ED" and Cocaine ED

climaxenergydrink
10-19-2006, 12:00 AM

NRGSLLR THAT WAS A GOOD ONE ! BY THE WAY SOPRANOS FAT, I AM DIESEL !!

I'LL LOOK YOU UP WHEN I AM IN TOWN AT JILLY'S BIG SHOT!

ST. PATRICKS DAY 2007 COMING DOWN WITH NYC'S FINEST & BRAVEST !!I'LL BE THE GUY THAT LOOKS LIKE STALLONE (A YO ADRIAN !!) WITH THE NYC SHIRT ON STOP BY AND SAY HELLO !

HAHAHAHA !!JUST MAKE SURE YOU WIPE AFTER YOU MESS !!

climaxenergydrink
10-19-2006, 12:26 AM
ALLPRO I LOVE IT WHEN ALL THE BIG SHOTS CAN BE JUST THAT OVER THE INTERNET ! BUT WHEN YOUR FACE TO FACE WITH PEOPLE THAN THEY SQUIRM !! I DON'T PROMOTE VIOLENCE OR DRUG USE. I CERTAINLY DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS STUFF !! TRIX ARE FOR KIDS PAL !! I HAVE A FEW BUSINESSES TO RUN !

Enjoy your evening MEGA ENERGY!!

climaxenergydrink
10-19-2006, 12:40 AM
COCAINE ENERGY DRINK FIRST PAGE READ IT :

www.drinkcocaine.com (http://www.drinkcocaine.com)

October 3rd, 2006
We created Cocaine, in large part, because those that analyze the energy drink industry itself described energy drinks as "Speed in a Can" and "Liquid Cocaine." We thought, Why beat around the bush?" Why not just call an energy drink what is already being alluded to.

And that's exactly what we did. Keeping in mind, that in doing so, we believe that you understand the difference between an energy drink and a controlled substance. However, within the past two weeks, many of the major television networks, local network news agencies and countless newspapers through the country and the world - otherwise known as the "Liberal Media" - have sought to point out the fact that if you're drinking an energy drink called Cocaine, that you will try a controlled substance called Cocaine.

ABC News in Salt Lake City, Utah - "[ ] if kids get the idea its okay to drink "Cocaine" then they may think it's also okay to snort it."

Enterprise News of South Boston, Massachusetts - Comment from a leading psychologist, "They're romanticizing the use of a substance that will lead IGNORANT, UNINFORMED KIDS into the assumption that the hard drug cocaine is acceptable."

Well, we think that kids today are neither ignorant, nor uninformed. As a matter of fact, we think that you are the brightest and most informed generation in the history of the world. How else would you be able to navigate your way to our MySpace?

We believe that you realize that drinking an energy drink will not turn you into that creepy, penniless, guy who is mumbling incoherently while walking through town but that use of the controlled substance very well might. In other words, you understand the difference between an energy drink and a controlled substance.

However, if you don't - Please seek help immediately.

Calm down - Cocaine is actually pretty harmless

By Gary Miller
Columnist

October 18, 2006
I had Cocaine before writing this column, so forgive me if I ramble.

I bought it at 53rd Street and Broadway. It was delicious, and I think everyone should try it. I’m talking about the new energy drink, not the powder, but Mayor Michael Bloomberg thinks they might as well be the same thing. He said the drink "glorifies something that is destructive."

But don’t we do that every day? I could name a million things more obnoxious and destructive in our country than a drink named Cocaine.

Eating disorders, for example, can be much more harmful than drug use, but magazines glorify excessive skinniness, leaving young people with templates for how their bodies should look.

And how about all the attention we afford celebrities like Paris Hilton? If American icons promoted rational, intelligent thinking instead of "hotness," maybe we wouldn’t have to worry about whether young people are smart enough to tell the difference between a drug and a creative marketing gimmick.

Pick up a rap CD at random and it will probably espouse the virtues of "pimping hos," but will skirt by parents’ eyes with only a small warning sticker.

Maybe that’s all Cocaine needs — a parental advisory. In many ways, the drink is comparable to Eminem’s 2000 CD, "The Marshall Mather’s LP." They’re both built on shock value and are, therefore, perfect examples of successful exploitation of our crude American culture. How can their creators be blamed for having a keen enough business sense to know what will sell to the masses? Ayn Rand might commend them.

New York Councilman James Sanders said at a news conference that Cocaine might give young people the impression that the actual drug is OK to use. That statement is a disgusting insinuation that young people are idiots.

I was 15 when "The Marshall Mather’s LP" came out, and I listened to its lyrics over and over. I knew which lyrics were tongue-in-cheek, and I knew which lyrics were exaggerated to create controversy. Needless to say, I never became homophobic or homicidal, and to my knowledge, neither did any of my 500-some high school classmates who also worshiped the CD. I never tried mushrooms either, although Eminem made them sound very fun.

Parents should be responsible for giving their children a working grasp of common sense before allowing them to make potentially dangerous decisions. After just a few short DARE classes, a 10-year-old kid should know there’s a huge difference between drinking caffeine and snorting an illegal drug.

Joseph Califano, the president of the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University, said the drink is "insidious, disgraceful, irresponsible, reprehensible and disgusting."

Cocaine is just Red Bull with a "naughty" name. The drink itself is pretty harmless. Those who publicly protest it should be laughed at for defeating their own purpose; they’re actively promoting it while James Kirby, the founder of Redux Beverages and creator of the drink, sits back and grins over his perfect plan. If not for the tirades of politicians and anti-drug cavalry, I may have never heard of Cocaine.

It’s actually possible that Dave Chappelle is responsible for all of this. In 2005, he parodied Red Bull and claimed, "It’s crack in a can, baby!" In essence, Cocaine is just another commentary on contemporary American culture and our eagerness to consume garbage, be it on TV, the internet, movies or food. They’re just giving us what we want.

When I heard about the drink, my reaction was to roll my eyes and admit, "That’s pretty funny." I’m in the demographic that Cocaine is targeting, so what can I do but congratulate the creators on a smart business plan?

"I think kids are a lot smarter than people give them credit for," Kirby said.

I couldn’t agree more. How can anyone think this will be more than a blip amid the sea of inappropriate, offensive crap that young people are inundated with everyday? I just saw a commercial for a "Desperate Housewives" video game.

climaxenergydrink
10-19-2006, 01:22 AM
BY POINT EXACTLY !! NOW CAN WE FINALLY PUT THIS TO ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....SNOR.. ..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....SNOR...............ZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ !

Ron Swedelson
10-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Why not get a drink called "Date Rape" or "3 day tweak" or some other words to try and get noticed? I am not offended by the name of your drink. I just think its stupid, will die a death because the name will limit its avalibility to mainstream distributors and stores. I also think its immature to play the role of "There is nothing wrong with the name, we are all here to make money, this is in no way harmful to anyone". How old are your kids? Or a better question, how old are you? Im 26 with an 8 year old and a 18 month old daughter. My wife is 23. Let me tell you a little something about our youth. Yes, kids have more infomation at their hands, because I am sure about 80-90% of the people on this board did not have a computer in the house growing up, or did not have it in their early youth. But, parents today are older than they once were. Parents are now having children in their late to early 40's, for the first time. Were am I going with this? Children are given more fredom, they are not told "no" because parents fear they will limit their kids posibilities and their growth as a person. So they don't know boundries, they don't know what is truley harmful and what consiquences down the road will be.
So don't use the "they can navigate Myspace so they know better", screw that. Kids are going to think Cocaine is cool because they have seen it in the movies, and now they can drink it. And you know what, there are going to be stupid kids that may try cocaine because the drink and brag to their friends that they got some of the real thing. Its going to happen. Will this be widespread? No, it will be limited to some of the dumb kids that have no rules and all the freedom they want. Your role comes in the pure lack or taking responcibility for bringing this brand to the market.
So I guess the only thing I am offended by, is your playing stupid to what is going on with this drink, or the fact that you truley don't see anything wrong with the drink

greg
10-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Climax, Defend the name of your product all you want. What I think you fail to realize is the implications of taking something negative and creating the illusion of it being the norm.
Up until the 60's and 70's it was a disgrace to have a child out of wedlock. Now it has lost its negative connotation and has in some respects become a celebrated status amongst certain entities of the Amercian public. Data shows that children of single mothers when no father is present have higher incidents of drug abuse, drop out of school, have higher incidents of incarceration and of violence in general.
How is that perpetrating the American Dream by making illegitimate children part of the norm? It is basterdizing the economic integrity, social values, and intellectual superiority of this Great nation as well as creating future burdens on our nations citizenry. All because years ago someone decided that because it is happening that we should just accept it because there is nothing we can do about it.
Every decidon we today has consequences tomorrow!

greg
10-19-2006, 12:02 PM

ST. PATRICKS DAY 2007 COMING DOWN WITH NYC'S FINEST & BRAVEST !!I'LL BE THE GUY THAT LOOKS LIKE STALLONE (A YO ADRIAN !!) WITH THE NYC SHIRT ON STOP BY AND SAY HELLO !

CLIMAX erotic fuzion BEVERAGE Come down and see me. I will be the guy standing ALONE because I know that what I stand for does not require an army to fight.

BTW, I have met Stallone, he's part of the Industry I come from, he's short, insecure, and really not that big.
Me- I'm 6'1 230lb with 11% BF. Maybe you should bring more guys.

Mr Zabe
10-19-2006, 12:07 PM
My final thought on this thread.
Children are HOLY!
I agree with Ron and Greg 100%.

climaxenergydrink
10-19-2006, 12:46 PM
easy there big guy !! HERE WE GO AGAIN !! I FIGURE I COULD HUMOR THINGS UP A LITTLE BIT but i guess not, EVEN TO BREAK IT UP AND COMPLIMENT YOU ON YOUR PRODUCT BUT I GUESS YOU JUST POPPED A VEIN IN YOUR HEAD !! BRO TAKE A STEP BACK AND WALK AROUND THE BLOCK AND COOL OFF BECAUSE LIFE IS TO SHORT TO SWEAT THE SMALL THINGS !! THIS HAPPENS TO BE ONE OF THEM !!!

AS YOU CAN SEE BIG GUY (GREG) THIS WASN'T MEANT FOR YOU !! BUT AT THIS POINT I COULD CARELESS WHAT YOU THINK !! LETS JUST SAY I CAN HANDLE MY OWN 6 FOOT 210 SOLID !! BY THE WAY MY MEMBER(ITALIAN SAUSAGE) IS BIGGER THAN YOURS !! I MEAN THIS IS CHILDISH NOW SO LETS GET BACK TO KEEPING IT PROFESSIONAL !! I AM HERE TO NETWORK WITH EVERYONE NOT GET INTO ARGUMENTS OVER STUPIC CHILDISH BULL !! I HAVE A FEW BUSINESSES I RUN AND I CERTAINLY DO NOT HAVE THE TIME FOR THIS !! REMEMBER TRIX ARE FOR KIDS !!

greg
10-19-2006, 01:00 PM
easy there big guy !! HERE WE GO AGAIN !! I FIGURE I COULD HUMOR THINGS UP A LITTLE BIT but i guess not, EVEN TO BREAK IT UP AND COMPLIMENT YOU ON YOUR PRODUCT BUT I GUESS YOU JUST POPPED A VEIN IN YOUR HEAD !!

CLIMAX erotic fuzion BEVERAGE I took that as a diversion tactic....THE ART of WAR!

I'm done. I think I will agree with you that you disagree with me.
I will try to be cordial from now on....until I get a vein popping discussion going again! LOL

climaxenergydrink
10-19-2006, 01:07 PM
peace 2 the brother man G !! HAHAHAHA !!!

C E F B

greg
10-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan12g:
Losing our appetites over an energy drink thats "supposed" to die a very quick death? Wow. That's SO LOW and SO HIDEOUS. Just because I see an energy drink in an "8-ball" pack I'm going to go snort kilos of cocaine. The name of this product isn't hurting anyone except those so easily offended.

I suppose any sort of racial humor, by any race, TO any race, is also one of the horrible thigns on the planet.

Take a few deep breaths, all of you, and just calm down. If you guys ARE right about this product dieing, than it really doesn't matter what it was called, does it? I think you need to re-read the post about this again. It seems you feel as though people against the name Cocaine as an ED brand are easily offended. That is not the case. We see the larger picture and zooming in on its influences as it affects young adults and their attitudes towards drugs. Whether or not the Drink makes a quick death and is relegated to the discount warm shelf is irrelevant.

Cocaine ED is making a mockery out of a controlled substance and using terms associated with such as marketing tools to attract young buyers. That is what unsettles us. It's implications on the adolsecent psyche are inmeasurable. Sure kids are smart, but many cling to fallacies that they understand to be true regardless of the message or messenger.

greg
10-19-2006, 02:54 PM
peace 2 the brother man G !! HAHAHAHA !!!

C E F B peace

Nick Laugher
10-19-2006, 05:05 PM
The fact that this turned into a topic ragging on children born out of wedlock is pretty stupid.

We all have different opinions on this drink, no one here is right, but all know that this drink will either become WILDLY popular or die quickly, there's no middle ground for this drink, it's sink or swim... it won't bob around.

NRGSLLR@
10-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Climax, I may not be 6" 210 and solid, (6'2 and 188) but I can run a 5 K in 22 minutes. So I don't really think I will be messing myself. I do however agree with Greg, If Cocaine ED shows up in the upper Midwest, I will do all I can to limit it's exposure. By the way, do you recall an ED brand called Dickens Cider? There was a very strong backlash from the most dominate consumer advocacy groups in this area (MOTHERS) and it was pulled off the shelves at many retail outlets. I think you are in for the same fate.

greg
10-19-2006, 05:19 PM
The fact that this turned into a topic ragging on children born out of wedlock is pretty stupid.
The child out of wedlock analolgy was an example of how taking something taboo and making it "the norm" by accepting it as common mores just because it happens results in an exponential explosion of unintended consequences.

climaxenergydrink
10-19-2006, 06:05 PM
NRGSLLR TIME WILL TELL !! IN THE MEANTIME I'LL BE CELEBRATING WITH MY ASSOCIATES SIPPPPING ON THE GIN AND JUICE !! HAHAHA !! TAKE YOU BACK TO THE OLD SCHOOL !! ENJOY YOUR EVE !!

ALLPRO
10-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Climax, I put the pole in the water and I knew you would bite.
Good Luck man!

climaxenergydrink
10-19-2006, 10:12 PM
THANKS ALLPRO !! AND LET ME JUST SAY THAT I AM A GAME FISH ONE THAT WRAPS ITSELF AROUND THE COOLER NOT ONCE BUT TWICE !! AND THAN YOU WIN THE POOL AND BRAG TO THE WHOLE TOWN ABOUT !!

U CAN'T TOUCH THIS !! HAHAHAHAHA !!

C E F B

climaxenergydrink
10-19-2006, 10:19 PM
EVEN THOUGH WE DISAGREE ON MANY POSTS I STILL HAPPEN TO THINK THAT YOU ALL ARE EDUCATED, PASSIONATE AND DRIVEN LIKE MYSELF AND I GIVE YOU A VOTE OF THANKS FOR HELPING ME ALONG THE WAY - BECAUSE I AM FAR FROM KNOWING IT ALL AND WITH YOUR HELP I SEE MYSELF REAPING ALL THOSE GOALS I SET FORTH !

ALLPRO
10-19-2006, 10:23 PM
I don't know what the hell you just posted but I will let MC Hammer know that you just quoted him (He lives in the neighborhhod) er, I mean the hood.

Nick Laugher
10-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Climax has such bad netiquette.
hahaha.

climaxenergydrink
10-19-2006, 11:39 PM
ALLPRO RESPONSE: Climax, I put the pole in the water and I knew you would bite.
Good Luck man!

CLIMAX RESPONSE:
THANKS ALLPRO !! AND LET ME JUST SAY THAT I AM A GAME FISH ONE THAT WRAPS ITSELF AROUND THE COOLER NOT ONCE BUT TWICE !! AND THAN YOU WIN THE POOL AND BRAG TO THE WHOLE TOWN ABOUT !!

ALLPRO RESPONSE:I don't know what the hell you just posted but I will let MC Hammer know that you just quoted him (He lives in the neighborhhod) er, I mean the hood.

CLIMAX RESPONSE:
came from experience caught the big fish ( 18 pounder)was in a cooler nobody believed me until i opened up the cooler and the tail was wrapped around the cooler twice !!i eventually won alot of money because i was in a pool (contest) a town in the bronx, new york.

GET IT !! I AM THE 18 POUNDER (THE GAME FISH) HAHAHA !!

DON'T WORRY ALLPRO I'LL KEEP MY DAY JOB !!

CIAO FOR NOW

Ron Swedelson
10-20-2006, 11:46 AM
AllPro...does MC still drive his yellow Hummer, or did he crash that a few years back.

Cocaine is a bad choice for the name of any drink

I beat both of you 6'2, 250Lbs...although 18% body fat, so maybe I should skip my next burger and hand it to Greg, cause 11% BF, damn...unless you are in the NBA or a marathon runner, thats crazy.

I understand the annalagy (spelled somthing like that) but lets leave kids out of this, because it will cause the posts to take a personal approach and get away from the subject matter at hand.

greg
10-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:

cause 11% BF, damn...unless you are in the NBA or a marathon runner, thats crazy.

I understand the annalagy (spelled somthing like that) but lets leave kids out of this, because it will cause the posts to take a personal approach and get away from the subject matter at hand. 11% BF is kind of high when you compare it to guys who get on stage at 4-6% and shredded. It's amazing what a 5% differnce makes.

BTW, I wasn't trying to get personal with that analolgy. It was the first one I could think of because I just read a book called "Enough" by Juan Williams of NPR radio, so it kind of stuck in my mind.

Jablonzo
10-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Anyone who says this is a bad name and they wouldn't try this product because of the name I can bet is a hypocrite.

Have you ever heard of COCA-COLA aka COKE??? It actually used to have cocaine in it, sure they took it out but the name remains the same.

This site is WAY TOO WRAPPED UP in names and can designs. Wow it's great that people are fickle and you can sell them crap that looks pretty, but it should be all about the taste and effects/ingredients. Stop being so damn PC, it's lame.

CStoreCatMan
10-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Jablonzo:

This site is WAY TOO WRAPPED UP in names and can designs. Wow it's great that people are fickle and you can sell them crap that looks pretty, but it should be all about the taste and effects/ingredients. Stop being so damn PC, it's lame. I get what you're saying about "Coke." But, even though it should be about taste an ingredients, marketing works. Advertising works. And that's why the Big 3 are so successful - they have millions to spend on convincing the consumers that their pretty, mass marketed products are the best. If a small micro brewed CSD of great quality had the same marketing power - they would be just as successful or even more.

CStoreCatMan
10-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Anyone who says this is a bad name and they wouldn't try this product because of the name I can bet is a hypocrite.Sorry, but the name does make all the difference. If I rolled out a new water called "Agua de Toilette" would you try it? Didn't think so.

Name + packaging = a consumer's first impression

First impression = willingness to buy (or not) also known as "consumer puchase intent"

This is basic marketing...this is not about hypocrisy, its about making sound business decisions. "Cocaine" energy drink will get plenty of novelty purchases, but will never break into the mainstream.

[ 10-20-2006, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]

ALLPRO
10-21-2006, 12:30 AM
First, Climax, Thanks for the explanation. Let's all move on.

Second, At the end of the day, You have to look at yourself and the image you or your company. If you can somehow justify being involved with a energy drink called Cocaine and feel good about it,then you have a long way to go. We all have to explain ourselves in the end.
BTW: I actually brought in Dickens Cider 2 years ago, so I am no Saint. (We discontinued are relationship with them last year)
For Ron: MC drives a Toyota Seqouia. Ronnie Lott and Keena Turner(49er Glory Days) own the Toyota Dealership here in town.

greg
10-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Anyone who says this is a bad name and they wouldn't try this product because of the name I can bet is a hypocrite.

Have you ever heard of COCA-COLA aka COKE??? It actually used to have cocaine in it, sure they took it out but the name remains the same.

Please explain to me why I am a hypocrite because I choose not to add revenue to a company that has named their ED after a controlled substance?????
The Coke name thing has been played out here on this board many times over. When Coke was first invented the "Coke" from Coca-Cola was from the cocoa leaves used, not as a ground up powder that was intended to be snorted up your nose. Furthermore, it was not even on a watch list as drugs are today.

climaxenergydrink
10-23-2006, 02:01 AM
GO AHEAD MAKE YOUR PARENT'S PROUD....YOUNG ADULT'S !!!

I AM CURIOUS TO SEE HOW THINGS TURNOUT FROM NOW TO NOVEMBER 2007 WHEN JK GETS THE TRADEMARK FOR THE NAME COCAINE ENERGY DRINK?

*A PAD & PEN (MONT BLANC) FOR CLASS $222
*1 BOOK FOR A LAW STUDENT $200
*SHARING A GRILLED CHEESE SANDWHICH WITH TWO ROOMATES THAT YOU DORM WITH BECAUSE MOMMY & DADDYS FUNDS ARE DEPLETED BECAUSE THAT DEGREE THAT YOU WHERE SUPPOST TO GET IN 4 YEARS TOOK 6 (SEE BELOW)....PRICELESS

CSU Law Students Take on 'Cocaine' in Trademark Case

Posted: 10/17/2006 1:29:54 PM

Cleveland State University students opposed the soft drink trademark Tuesday on the grounds that it is immoral and scandalous, which is against federal statute...

Five law students and their professor at Cleveland-Marshall College of Law are opposing the trademark "Cocaine" for a high-caffeine, high-sugar energy drink that is being marketed to young people.

A Las Vegas company, Redux Beverages LLC, and its co-founder, James Kirby, are using Cocaine as the name for their new soft drink, which is being sold at bars and stores, mostly in New York and California.

On behalf of the Progressive Intellectual Property Law Association and Americans for Drug Free Youth Inc., the Cleveland State University students opposed the soft drink trademark Tuesday on the grounds that it is immoral and scandalous, which is against federal statute.

Since its September launch, Cocaine has raised the hackles of anti-drug groups because the drink is being touted as "the legal alternative" to cocaine, the illegal drug.

Redux promotes its carbonated beverage at a site on MySpace, the popular social networking Web site for teenag-ers.

If its trademark application is granted, other soft drink companies could not use the Cocaine name for their prod-ucts. If not, Redux could still use the Cocaine name, but so could competitors.

Kirby filed his trademark application in March, according to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. The application was reviewed and given preliminary approval by a staff attorney.

On Tuesday, the USPTO published the trademark application in its weekly gazette. The public has 30 days to op-pose published trademarks. If unopposed, the marks are granted.

Second-year law students Matthew Delaney, Jessica Fajfar, Angela Simmons, Irina Vinogradsky and Mike Wen-dolowski were ready. Under the direction of their professor, Mickey Davis, the students spent the past 10 days writing an "opposition" to the Cocaine trademark.

The students and their professor filed the opposition with the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board on Tuesday.

The opposition process began about two weeks ago, after Davis mentioned the trademarked Cocaine perfume dur-ing an intellectual property lecture.

"Right after class, I was reading the news, and it popped right off the page: Cocaine energy drink," said Delaney, one of the students.

"I couldn't believe that we had just got done talking about it. So I forwarded it to Professor Davis," Delaney said.

"In the next class it became a big deal," said Simmons, another student in the class. Five students volunteered to challenge the Cocaine drink trademark.

Why?

"I'm a parent of teenagers. It really bothers me, the idea of there being a drink called cocaine," Simmons said. "Plus, it's in a field I'm interested in."

Cocaine is OK to be applied to a perfume, Delaney said. "But when you start looking at a consumable product that they're marketing to mainly children and young adults," the connection to the illegal drug is clear.

Vinogradsky, also a parent, signed on because she strongly disagrees with the use of the name for a soft drink. She recruited the Russian American Medical Association, which is based in Willoughby, to pay the opposition filing fee of $300.

Redux and Kirby have 40 days to respond to the opposition, Davis said. Neither Kirby nor his company returned e-mails and a phone call seeking response Tuesday.

It's unusual for organizations to claim harm from a trademark on the public's behalf, said Meredith Wilkes, a trademark attorney at Cleveland law firm Jones Day. Typically, trademark opposers are competitors, Wilkes said.

Trademark oppositions usually follow a course similar to that of civil lawsuits, said Cynthia Lynch, administrator for trademark policy and procedure at the patent and trademark office.

The main difference is that testimony is done on paper, not in a courtroom, Wilkes said.

Occasionally, the trademark appeal board will hear oral testimony, Lynch said.

The board could decide whether to grant the Cocaine energy drink trademark in November 2007, Davis said.

Source: Mary Vanac, Plain Dealer (Cleveland)

ANY QUESTIONS ?

NRGSLLR@
10-23-2006, 11:05 AM
There will be so much negative press between no and Nov. 2007, the USPTO will not grant the license, that is assuming you sell enough product between now and then, or convince your capital backers to continue to pump funds in to your enterprise, to stay in business.

NRGSLLR@
10-25-2006, 09:17 AM
And now it begins: This is from CSP newletter this morning.

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- 7-Eleven Inc. has recommended that its franchisees remove an energy drink called Cocaine from their store shelves, according to a report by The San Jose Mercury News.

The Dallas-based corporation made the decision on Monday after fielding a Mercury News reporter's inquiry, said the report.

“We don't want you to carry this,” a 7-Eleven representative told clerk Baljinder Hundal as they pulled the cans and two signs, one on the window next to the front door of the store.

Sales of the new product were reportedly good. The drink attracted mostly young customers, especially girls, another clerk, clerk Johnny Zhang, told the newspaper. The store is two blocks east of Del Mar High School in San Jose.

A $2.19 can of Cocaine, produced by Las Vegas-registered Redux Beverages, claims to have 18 grams of sugar and 350% more caffeine than Red Bull, a popular energy drink which has 80 milligrams of caffeine. A cup of coffee may have from 115 to 175 milligrams of caffeine.

Controversy has followed Redux since it introduced the drink last month in New York and Los Angeles, the report said. San Jose parents who heard about the drink were not amused. “Most were just as livid as I was,” said Campbell resident Steve Bevan, who called 7-Eleven to complain. He said he was told that the company could not control what franchises sell.

But 7-Eleven spokesperson Margaret Chabris said the company has sent out the word recommending franchisees not carry the drink. “They just didn't think that the product's name was appropriate for the image we're trying to portray,” she told the paper. “Our image is legal.”

She added, “It would not be in the best interest of the franchisee if the neighborhood is upset.”

greg
10-25-2006, 10:08 AM
You beat me to it. It is in the Sun-Sentinel here in South Florida this morning.
G

[ 10-25-2006, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: greg ]

Ron Swedelson
10-25-2006, 11:37 AM
The 7-Eleven Corp. can not controll what a store sells, it can only make recomondations. Although, a lot of new owners listen to their field reps on every suggestion. But, with a drink like Cocoaine, not really making a huge difference in the stores daily profits, they will probably listen to 7-Eleven Corp. and not stock the drink.

Mr Zabe
10-25-2006, 12:16 PM
I just read the article on the Drudge report.
7-Eleven is a major corporation in the convience food and drink business.
This looks to be the beginning of the end for the "C" ED. LOLOLOLOL

[ 10-25-2006, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

CStoreCatMan
10-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Hmm...who didn't see this coming from a mile away? I've also seen some press releases and news stories about their troubles...

climaxenergydrink
10-25-2006, 03:13 PM
EVERYONE DON'T COUNT YOUR CHICKENS JUST YET !! JUST REMINDER L & G 7-11 carries there own product did you forget FORMULA 7 ! So truly why would they want to add another competitor anyway ? RB's in there full force already ! Wouldn't you think there making a substantial gain on there own end !! just my .02 and a half!!

greg
10-25-2006, 03:33 PM
EVERYONE DON'T COUNT YOUR CHICKENS JUST YET !! JUST REMINDER L & G 7-11 carries there own product did you forget FORMULA 7 ! So truly why would they want to add another competitor anyway ? RB's in there full force already ! Wouldn't you think there making a substantial gain on there own end !! just my .02 and a half!!

CLIMAX erotic fuzion BEVERAGE If they are concerned about pimping their own brand then why even have RB, Monster, Rockstar, etc. in there in the first place.
See this for what it is! It was a decision based on the idea of marketing an image to consumers for all of 7-11 and what they stand for and how they are a part of community. 7-11 just told all of those parents that complained that , "Yes, We hear you and we want to continue to serve you in an ethical and professional manner".
The Consumer/retailer relationship is symbiotic! It is not one way.

greg
10-25-2006, 04:47 PM
JUST REMINDER L & G 7-11 carries there own product did you forget FORMULA 7 ! So truly why would they want to add another competitor anyway ? RB's in there full force already ! Wouldn't you think there making a substantial gain on there own end !! just my .02 and a half!!

CLIMAX erotic fuzion BEVERAGE Store brands are for the people who don't want to pay for the branded product. It is an easy sell for the retailer without having to put a lot of money into a product. It is purely a price conscience consumer friendly product. 7-11 is not banking on "Formula 7" to push their sales into the stratosphere and capitalize mass expansion and eventual global domination!

Mr Zabe
10-25-2006, 05:42 PM
To continue with Greg's post,if I may.
To maximize profit,a good retailer will not let a potential customer
exit their store(due to a price issue) with out a purchase.
Store brand items are profit sponges,but not enough profit to keep a retailer in the black. IMO

[ 10-25-2006, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

climaxenergydrink
10-25-2006, 06:59 PM
OH YEAH ! 7-ELEVEN IS SO CONCERNED, THAN WHY SELL ROLLING PAPERS AND TO TOP THAT PLAYBOY MAGAZINES !! BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE LOOK IN THE MIRROR ! LETS JUST BE TOTALLY HONEST ABOUT THIS L & G if someone wants to find something wrong with you or a product they can eventually do it !

C.E.F.B.

rackitup
10-25-2006, 09:32 PM
As much as it pains me I agree with 7-11 on this 1.

It is in their best interest 2 distance their chain from simmilar named items.

I also think 7-11 has been using an illegal practice known as restraint of trade 4 manny years.

I do not believe that they can have their cake and eat it 2, that is 2 say Franchiseese (or however U spell it)can only buy from recomended distributors.
I believe a corporate owned store can do what they want, BUT a franchise owned store should B able 2 buy what they want from any 1.

Kinda Sour Grapes with me, I have a Patent Pending 4 cell phone car chargers that securly displays the plug outside of the retail package so the consumer can test fit it B 4 purchasing (Progressive Grocer Editor's Pick 2005 product of the year)and the stores I have put it in in Oregon were told 2 get rid of it.

climaxenergydrink
10-25-2006, 09:54 PM
RACKITUP INTERESTING POINT !! TU !!

C.E.F.B.

climaxenergydrink
10-25-2006, 10:04 PM
San Jose parents who heard about the drink were not amused. "Most were just as livid as I was," said Campbell resident Steve Bevan, who called 7-Eleven Inc. to complain. He said he was told that the company could not control what franchises sell.

But corporate spokeswoman Margaret Chabris said the company has sent out the word recommending franchisees not carry the drink. "They just didn't think that the product's name was appropriate for the image we're trying to por-tray," she said.

And what might that be? Well, for one, she said, "our image is legal."

She pointed out that in the last decade, after the introduction of non-alcoholic beer, 7-Elevens would not sell the product even though it contained no alcohol, to minors. "We didn't want to be in a position to encourage anyone to drink if they were not of age," she said.

Nor, perhaps, to romanticize an illegal drug?

"It would not be in the best interest of the franchisee if the neighborhood is upset."

R U KIDDING ME MARGARET !! ANOTHER LIBERAL SPEAKS ! MY WAY OR THE HIGH WAY (SELLING ROLLING PAPERS PROMOTE WEED & PHILLY'S) YOU JUST HAVE TO LAUGH !! LOOKS LIKE IT IS FINE FOR YOU !

C.E.F.B.

NRGSLLR@
10-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Seems to me, I remember the time when 7-11 did remove Erotic magazines from their shelves. They changed their position after the magazine companies developed a shelving system that covered over the picture on the front cover of the magazine, in that way not offending someone who would be coming into the store to buy milk and bread with their 12 year old after school and having to explain what he saw on the magazine cover at the check stand. Perhaps Cocaine will wrap their can in aluminum foil to cover the name, it would serve two purposes, 1. cover the name and not offend anyone, 2.the user could use the foil to "cook his speedball".

greg
10-26-2006, 10:44 AM
OH YEAH ! 7-ELEVEN IS SO CONCERNED, THAN WHY SELL ROLLING PAPERS AND TO TOP THAT PLAYBOY MAGAZINES !! BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE LOOK IN THE MIRROR ! LETS JUST BE TOTALLY HONEST ABOUT THIS L & G if someone wants to find something wrong with you or a product they can eventually do it !

C.E.F.B. You are correct about the double standard. I can't explain that other than the fact that I know of many people who roll their cigarettes, however, I am not ignorant of the fact that the majority of the rolling papers sold are for illegal activity.
The Playboys are easy. Playboy is legal and is sold behind the counter(at least in the 7-11's I go to). Playboy is not marketed to teeneagers under a moniker of a controlled substance as defined by the US Congress, the DEA, The CIA, The FBI, etc.

greg
10-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by rackitup:
As much as it pains me I agree with 7-11 on this 1.

It is in their best interest 2 distance their chain from simmilar named items.

I also think 7-11 has been using an illegal practice known as restraint of trade 4 manny years.

I do not believe that they can have their cake and eat it 2, that is 2 say Franchiseese (or however U spell it)can only buy from recomended distributors.
I believe a corporate owned store can do what they want, BUT a franchise owned store should B able 2 buy what they want from any 1.

Kinda Sour Grapes with me, I have a Patent Pending 4 cell phone car chargers that securly displays the plug outside of the retail package so the consumer can test fit it B 4 purchasing (Progressive Grocer Editor's Pick 2005 product of the year)and the stores I have put it in in Oregon were told 2 get rid of it. As a franchissee, the owner of the store has 2 options. A) Do as the franchise agreement states, thereby giving Southland Corp, aka 7-11, some degree of protection to their name and business status OR B) dissolve the agreement and become an independent or franchissee of another enitity.
I am willing to bet that most if not all of the "franchissees" gravitate towards 7-11 because of its name and its reputation.

That is how a franchise works. If you do not want to have to operate within set parameters do not sign a franchise agreement. Go at it alone and do as you please.

[ 10-26-2006, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: greg ]

greg
10-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Perhaps Cocaine will wrap their can in aluminum foil to cover the name, it would serve two purposes, 1. cover the name and not offend anyone, 2.the user could use the foil to "cook his speedball". LOL tongue.gif smile.gif tongue.gif smile.gif

Ron Swedelson
10-26-2006, 12:09 PM
7-Eleven Franchise owners must purchase I think its 85% of their products from Recomended vendors. That still leaves a big gap for outside and new purchases. It just mainly keeps stores from buying illegal cigarettes and groceries from other vendors. But think of all the purchases, Coke, Pepsi, Bud, Miller, Coors, cigerets, coffee, just about everything is from recomended vendors. So any store that says they can not buy from a non-recomended vendor is just brushing you off. This was from a mutual agrement with the Franchise owners and 7-Eleven Corp. In their new contract agreements, the franchise owners gave into this request, but they got an extra 10 or 15 years on their franchise contracts, plus getting new equiptment and remodeled stores.
The 7-11 corp. also askes that stores do not cary any rolling papers or playboys or items like that. It is the franchise store owner who carries these on their own. But, unlike an energy drink, these are items kept behind the counter, covered up, and usually only avalible if requested. They are also legal, age restricted products.
I understand the comparison there, but its more like Granny Goose Apples to Fuji Apples, same sort of plane, but really two different things to compare.

CStoreCatMan
10-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Climax, why are you so steadfast in defending this drink? Because you're distributing it or going to? The bottom line is how the name and product is perceived by the consumer. So far, the voice of the consumer has been clear in saying "we're offended and sickened by the name and positioning of this product." This is exactly why other drinks like "Sum Poosie" and "Pimp Juice" are not carried everywhere...(no offense to the creators of those)

These retailers are forced to consider the "association" between the sale of a questionable product and their chain's decision to carry it. There is a fine line between making a buck and making it responsibly. In this case, I think 7-Eleven made the right choice and will avoid a ton of negative press and word of mouth on the part of its customers.

rackitup
10-26-2006, 12:58 PM
[/qb][/QUOTE]As a franchissee, the owner of the store has 2 options. A) Do as the franchise agreement states, thereby giving Southland Corp, aka 7-11, some degree of protection to their name and business status OR B) dissolve the agreement and become an independent or franchissee of another enitity.
I am willing to bet that most if not all of the "franchissees" gravitate towards 7-11 because of its name and its reputation.

That is how a franchise works. If you do not want to have to operate within set parameters do not sign a franchise agreement. Go at it alone and do as you please. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Greg I do not think the case is as cleancut as U describe.

Different franchises sell diffirent products and services.

A convenience store sells a wide array of products and now even services(7-11's V Com Kiosk's) every store is different in the products it stocks and the services it offers based on a wide variety of consumers want's and needs.
My point is that the franchisee want's my product but when they take it 7-11 puts undue pressure on them, I am talking about an item as innocuous as a cell phone car charger.
I know from personal experience that diffierent Franchise chains R run diffierent from state 2 state.
There is a chain of franchised Gas/mini mart's I sell a lot of product in in several states and have little 2 no problem with the field reps in the variouse stores, as opposed 2 7-11.
I also know that 7-11 in Vegas is easier 2 get in 2 with an unauthorized item than it is in 7-11 Oregon.
You're point makes more sense if U R talking about a Krispy Creme franchise, or Mc Donalds franchise.

\\\

rackitup
10-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:
7-Eleven Franchise owners must purchase I think its 85% of their products from Recomended vendors. That still leaves a big gap for outside and new purchases. It just mainly keeps stores from buying illegal cigarettes and groceries from other vendors. But think of all the purchases, Coke, Pepsi, Bud, Miller, Coors, cigerets, coffee, just about everything is from recomended vendors. So any store that says they can not buy from a non-recomended vendor is just brushing you off. This was from a mutual agrement with the Franchise owners and 7-Eleven Corp. In their new contract agreements, the franchise owners gave into this request, but they got an extra 10 or 15 years on their franchise contracts, plus getting new equiptment and remodeled stores.
The 7-11 corp. also askes that stores do not cary any rolling papers or playboys or items like that. It is the franchise store owner who carries these on their own. But, unlike an energy drink, these are items kept behind the counter, covered up, and usually only avalible if requested. They are also legal, age restricted products.
I understand the comparison there, but its more like Granny Goose Apples to Fuji Apples, same sort of plane, but really two different things to compare. Damn Ron U R soo on.

U R correct sir.

CStoreCatMan
10-26-2006, 02:42 PM
I found a few articles about the drink...but this one paragraph summed it up pretty well.

"Given that the drink appears to have the same affects as the destructive drug, why is it legal? The drink is not going to prevent drug addicts from snorting the real stuff. It may actually do the opposite. If people try the energy drink, which is said to give the same affect as the drug, and enjoy it, they may be tempted to use the drug. Additionally, there is the possibility of a new form of cocaine addiction developing that could potentially be as harmful as any other drug addiction."

They actually made this stuff to emulate the effects of the illegal drug! For example, I read an interview with the creator who says they added a "secret ingredient" to cause throat numbing. Then, the initial 15 minute buzz is followed by a 5-6 hour "high." This is due to the 280mg of caffeine - which is apparently 350% more than what's in a Red Bull. Not only is the name of the drink a bad idea, it seems the contents may be questionable as well...

[ 10-26-2006, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]

climaxenergydrink
10-26-2006, 03:30 PM
CStoreCatMan this is America did you forget we have the freedom to express ourselves every which way we possibly can! I STRESS THAT HAVING AN ENERGY DRINK NAMED COCAINE IS NOT HURTING ANYONE BUT THE LIBERALS HAVE DISAGREED BECAUSE POSSIBLY THEY ARE NOT GETTING THERE FAIR SHARE OF THE PIE ! I just can't stand liberal precedents such as 7-Eleven ! i stopped by another one today and asked if they carry rolling papers the guy pulled out a display ( ZIGZAG,EZ WIDER ) and the list goes on. I replied so you don't carry Cocaine ed he replied no, and laughed after i said but you carry rolling papers for weed ! I than walked out !! greg your right it is a double standard ! Don't get me wrong i am bothered about the ongoing drug problem in our country and i happen to know hands on families that have suffered through the pain of a loved one strung out while the other is extremely successful ! This unfortunately is what happens when someone is lost in the system and slips through the cracks so to speak ! It's horrible but is there a corrolation to an energy drink and someone possibly getting strung out ON THE REAL THING ! ABSOLUTELY NOT !! IT SEEMS LIKE WE HAVE TO PLAY GOODIE TWO SHOES AND PUT THE WHOLE SHOW ON FOR THE PUBLIC ! I DON'T THINK SO thats not reality ! just turn on the t.v. tonight ! you will see violence, drugs, every facet of life and more ! that is duragatory ! and MOST OF YOU HAVE A PICK WITH COCAINE ENERGY DRINK , AGAIN LOOK IN THE MIRROR YOUR NOT PERFECT AND OUR FOUNDING FATHERS DIDN'T EXPECT FOR US TO GO HIDE IN A SHELL SOMEWHERE ! GOD BLESS AMERICA THATS WHAT IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO WHY ARE ALL OF THESE IMIGRANTS COMING HERE BECAUSE OF THE WORD FREEDOM AND OPPORTUNTY THAT IS WHAT THIS ENERGY DRINK IS ABOUT AND WHAT IT STANDS ON ! FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION WITHOUT HURTING A DAMN THANG !

C.E.F.B.

greg
10-26-2006, 03:52 PM
I can't think of one person in this thread that said "YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO NAME YOUR DRINK COCAINE". What people are saying is that they feel it is irresponsible, unethical, and and has a negative impact on the ED market.
I am a Constitutionalist and I may not agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it. With that being said, I also have the right to express my feelings about something I do not agree with.

Oh yeah, you said you had TO ASK for the rolling papers and then the guy Pulled them out. They were not sitting up front for any kid to purchase and they definetly are not marketed to teenagers.
The Constitution is a document that gives us certain rights, however, those rights are not to be abused. It is tantamount to yelling fire in a crowded movie theater. Just because you have the freedom to say it doesn't mean that negative repercussions may arise if you have been proven to be wrong.

climaxenergydrink
10-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Greg we can go back and forth with this but the bottom line is you have your opinion and i have mine thats what makes this world go round ! I do agree with you to a certain extent ! HOW IS IT IRRESPONSIBLE ? WHY IS IT UNETHICAL ? AND WHO IS THE JUDGE OF WHAT IS ETHICAL ANYWAY ! AND HOW IS IT GIVING THE ENERGY DRINK MARKET A BAD RAP OR NEGATIVE IMPACT ? when extazy came out was there bad publicity, when liquid blow came on to the scene dizz convinced everyone that his product had no corelation to cocaine. YEAH RIGHT !! even to the extent that his product has the words "bump" on the can ! sorry dizz !! i like the whole concept but try to get over on someone else ! go to the profile of ed's on bevnet i am sure you can find a bunch that are borderline out there ! Stick a fork in this thread because it is done ! i am the one that started it and i'll be the one that finishes it ! Greg i am sure we will bump heads somewhere else i look forward to it !the truth is as a young buck in the business i get alot out of it ! UNTIL THE NEXT CONTOVERSIAL BOARD SUBJECT !! CIAO EVERYONE & GOOD LUCK IN 2007 HEALTH, HAPPINESS AND PROSPERITY !!

CStoreCatMan
10-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Climax, I know where we live...I know we have freedoms that are protected by all kinds of legalese. But Greg already illustrated that nobody here is saying they "can't" name their drink "Cocaine," we just think its a bad idea and is socially irresponsible. We've beat that dead horse enough.

CLIMAX - IF YOU'RE WILLING TO RESPOND TO ANYTHING ELSE...PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS NEXT PARAGRAPH.

However, the bigger issue for me personally is in regard to the actual "effects" of the drink that were "intentionally meant to feel like the drug." The creator himself was proud of the similarity between the effects of the drink and the actual drug. How sick is this? And they claim that they do not wish to market this drink to kids...yet they promote the heck out of it on MySpace which is predominantly used by teenagers. Talk about a double standard.

[ 10-26-2006, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]

CStoreCatMan
10-26-2006, 05:02 PM
You know what's funny, the example of rolling papers is pretty irrelevant. I could go buy a case of "zig zags" at 7-11...but what is that going to do for me or a kid? Not a darn thing. They don't sell stuff to put inside the papers and none of the papers they sell are called "weed wrappers" or anything like that. Also, these kinds of products are not marketed to kids...totally different ball game man.

jdavidb
10-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
"Given that the drink appears to have the same affects as the destructive drug, why is it legal?I dunno ... given that it took a Constitutional amendment to outlaw alcohol for a few years, why is cocaine illegal? I never saw an amendment about it. Maybe it's one of the secret amendments.

Haven't read the whole thread, but I've heard of the drink. Does this stuff really have the same effects as cocaine? I find that hard to believe.

[ 10-27-2006, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: jdavidb ]

jdavidb
10-27-2006, 09:29 AM
Climax, I know where we live...I know we have freedoms that are protected by all kinds of legalese. But Greg already illustrated that nobody here is saying they "can't" name their drink "Cocaine," we just think its a bad idea and is socially irresponsible. We've beat that dead horse enough.Unfortunately we live in a society with such a "regulate everything, even if it's illegal to do so" attitude, that it becomes very hard to keep clear the distinction between "this is a bad idea -- there should be a law!" and "this is a bad idea -- let the market decide to educate everybody not to do it." :(

CLIMAX - IF YOU'RE WILLING TO RESPOND TO ANYTHING ELSE...PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS NEXT PARAGRAPH.

However, the bigger issue for me personally is in regard to the actual "effects" of the drink that were "intentionally meant to feel like the drug." The creator himself was proud of the similarity between the effects of the drink and the actual drug. How sick is this? And they claim that they do not wish to market this drink to kids...yet they promote the heck out of it on MySpace which is predominantly used by teenagers. Talk about a double standard. I've got a response for that. It's called parents.

Of course, I agree that marketing a destructive drug to children or adults (including teenagers) or adults acting like children is despicable. But again, there's a distinction between that and wanting to regulate it. smile.gif

jdavidb
10-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by greg:
Also, Isn't there laws pertaining to the marketing of products with exact or similar names to controlled substances? Here's one: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press."

CStoreCatMan
10-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by jdavidb:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
"Given that the drink appears to have the same affects as the destructive drug, why is it legal?I dunno ... given that it took a Constitutional amendment to outlaw alcohol for a few years, why is cocaine illegal? I never saw an amendment about it. Maybe it's one of the secret amendments.

Haven't read the whole thread, but I've heard of the drink. Does this stuff really have the same effects as cocaine? I find that hard to believe. </font>[/QUOTE]You can find it hard to believe all you want...I did too until I read an interview with the creator of the drink. He's rather proud of the fact that his drink causes "throat numbing" (through a secret ingredient) and starts with a very intense 15 minute buzz followed by a 5-6 hour high. Do a search online for this drink and you'll see the same stories, articles and interviews I did. I guess freedom of speech protects all? Including contributing to the delinquency of minors? How is it okay to have kids drinking this crap thinking "this is the legal alternative to COCAINE!!" Unbelievable. I understand your later response of "parents," but NO parent I know can be with their kids 24hrs a day.

NRGSLLR@
10-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by jdavidb:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by greg:
Also, Isn't there laws pertaining to the marketing of products with exact or similar names to controlled substances? Here's one: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press." </font>[/QUOTE]

NRGSLLR@
10-27-2006, 12:57 PM
I mis posted above, however, my point is, Congress hasn't made any law, nor have they abridged anyone's freedom to call a product anything they want to call it, however, THE MARKET HAS SPOKEN! People still feel it is important to offer some type of positive message in the branding of a product. Cocaine does exactly the opposite.

Jablonzo
10-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Just go drink Coke and be a huge hypocrite, ok? Sure it was before they knew how bad cocaine was for you, but once they found out they kept the name. That was a conscious decision.

To say Cocaine Energy Drink is a poor name is one thing, but to not let stores sell it is another. Parents are responsible for their kids, not drink makers. That is why it is ok to still have coca-cola, which we all know as COKE. We separate it from the drug references, because we know it is a completely different product.

jdavidb
10-27-2006, 02:22 PM
I mis posted above, however, my point is, Congress hasn't made any law, nor have they abridged anyone's freedom to call a product anything they want to call it, however, THE MARKET HAS SPOKEN! People still feel it is important to offer some type of positive message in the branding of a product. Cocaine does exactly the opposite. I'm 100% with you on the market speaking (which further proves the necessity for there not to be a law).

jdavidb
10-27-2006, 02:25 PM
You can find it hard to believe all you want...I did too until I read an interview with the creator of the drink. He's rather proud of the fact that his drink causes "throat numbing" (through a secret ingredient) and starts with a very intense 15 minute buzz followed by a 5-6 hour high. Do a search online for this drink and you'll see the same stories, articles and interviews I did.Wow. That's definitely a product I won't be interested in using.

I guess freedom of speech protects all?Of course it does.

Including contributing to the delinquency of minors? How is it okay to have kids drinking this crap thinking "this is the legal alternative to COCAINE!!" Unbelievable.That's a decision for each parent to make. If they don't want their kids drinking this stuff, they should either not let them loose, or raise them right first.

I understand your later response of "parents," but NO parent I know can be with their kids 24hrs a day. In a pinch, they could try raising their kids right before granting them independence. I know it's not done very often, but it's still an available option.

Besides -- being with your kids 24 hours a day vs. letting them loose unsupervised is a false dichotomy.

jdavidb
10-27-2006, 02:28 PM
To say Cocaine Energy Drink is a poor name is one thing, but to not let stores sell it is another.Um, exactly. The market is far better able to decide what kids should and should not have than the government.

That is why it is ok to still have coca-cola, which we all know as COKE. We separate it from the drug references, because we know it is a completely different product. [/QB]Named after leaves, not a drug. The names have two different etymologies. Coca Cola didn't get its name from Coke (the drug) being "cool."

[ 10-27-2006, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: jdavidb ]

Ron Swedelson
10-28-2006, 03:11 PM
To say Cocaine Energy Drink is a poor name is one thing, but to not let stores sell it is another.

No one is not letting a store carry it or not. 7-Eleven corp. does not want a product reflecting bad against their immage and have asked their stores not to carry this item. It is not a breach of contract if the stores carry this drink. But how good of a business decision would it really be to keep a drink that is giving you maybe an extra $10 a week in profit, when your bus. partner, who pays your electricity, rent, service contracts, payroll, and lets you use their licensing name, has asked that you not carry this drink.

Yeah, when I read about the throat numbing ingrediant, that is just crap, and now I am against this drink and slightly offeneded. Not moraly, but more disgusted. All these other brands that have put a spin or play on a name, have not included anything to simulate a drug, or experience, or anything like that. But for Cocaine ED to say it has given a special ingredient to mimic certain effects of the drug, that is crap and should not be allowed to be sold anywere. I am straight against that drink now. How can you say "I will make this drink, call it Cocaine. Market it towards youth, give it as many tendancies as possible as the real drug would. No body better say anything negative about this brand because it is only a drink and would not cause any youth to ever think twice about using the real thing. Even though I have done everything possible to make it like the real thing." I am completely against drugs. Bong water soda is a stupid play on names. But I am pretty sure they have not given it any special ingrediants to make you feel differently. SP, I have tried it, does not take anything like its name suggests. And if you used their bottle for anything other than drinking or a vase, then you have some problems, and probably "small" problems to go along with that. XTZ drinks, Ectasy, even the popular, but stupid comparison, Coke-a-Cola does not give anything to mimic the name that plays a close roll.
How stupid, I am against this drink, and most I just say will die slowly...but I hope this drink dies hard, and everyone associated with the drink feels the burden as well.

ALLPRO
10-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Great Post Ron!
I am all for making a buck, capitalism and a free market. This product abuses that freedom.
BTW: The "Coca Cola Defense" is old and worn out!

NRGSLLR@
10-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Regarding the COKE analogy, Coca Cola is not marketing their soft drink as "The Legal Alternative" to Cocaine. Secondly, I don't remember Cocaine being referred to as Coke, when I was younger, as a matter of fact, their was a much larger emphasis on Pot. I think Cocaine has become the drug of choice mostly in the past twenty years, I believe Coca Cola has been referred to as Coke for much longer than that.

Ron Swedelson
10-30-2006, 11:48 AM
I agree, I hate the Coke defence...most kids, or even people today don't even think of the conection to Coke-a-Cola and Cocain from generations ago. A sign that says "Legal alternative to Cocaine" kind of makes that connection a little easier.

CStoreCatMan
10-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Agreed...really good post up there Ron. Its one thing to play on words...but another to actually try to "mimic" the effects of a drug and refer to it as "the legal alternative." Very, very sick IMO. Unfortunately, it will get novelty sales through shock value (where it is sold) but I think this one will definitely be avoided by larger retailers.

deepnenergy
10-30-2006, 07:25 PM
I heard that 7/11 pulled the beverage off the shelf.

climaxenergydrink
12-19-2006, 09:31 PM
IT HAS COME 2 THIS !! COCAINE ENERGY DRINK BUY ONLINE $39.99 per case 24 www.drinkcocaine.com (http://www.drinkcocaine.com) 12/16/06

I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THIS BUT THIS PRODUCT IS THE WORST I EVER TASTED... i know in the past i was behind it and yes i was selling a couple hundred cases a week making 9-10 dollars on each case. but personally i had to stop drinking it because of my personal health issues !! OFCOURSE I AM DOING FINE !! but i still can't believe that there is a demand for the product...EVEN THOUGH I KNEW IT WOULDN'T GET BANNED !! BUT I CANNOT FATHOM TO TELL EVERYONE THE AMOUNT OF DEMAND IN THE NIGHTCLUBS AND BARS I RECEIVED! BUT BELIEVE IT OR NOT I DECIDED TO SELL THOSE THOUSANDS OF CASES A MONTH TO ALL GAS STATIONS AND CONVENIENCE STORES !! because i knew if i would of put the product in the nightclubs and bars than i was opening this LETHAL PRODUCT to 18-25 + and i wouldn't sell my soul out there to have that age group mix this drink with alcohol !! SO THE END OF THIS COCAINE SAGA !! I SOLD ALL MY COCAINE ACCOUNTS TO A LARGE DISTRIBUTOR THAT I WILL DO BUSINESS WITH IN THE NEAR FUTURE WHEN MY PRODUCT IS OUT IN CAN OR BOTTLE....it's in the works.....2 B CONTINUED !!!

one thing you do have to admit there will never be any product with a shock value outside (media) and inside (the so called substance that numbs your throat) EVER LIKE COCAINE...AND IN THAT I HAVE TO SAY THEY WHERE ORIGINAL !!!

CLIMAX

SumPoosieCat
12-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Lol.... your kinda nuts! SumPoosie Cat Energy Drink has been around for nearly 5 years and sells much better and tastes much better than cocaine. You think cocaine is provocative??? Its not provacative...its stupid and irresponsible. They should have put more time into naming this product and even more time on what went in it... this stuff taste like hell.

climaxenergydrink
12-20-2006, 01:29 PM
TTB.. your product is good i give you that !! i told you i have picked it up in white plains new york at the spencers ( THE OLD SUM POOSIE BOTTLE WITH THE MODELS ) 2005 !! furthermore i happen to like the direction that you are taking with the NEW name SUMPOOSIE CAT ENERGY DRINK - it's MEOW-LICIOUS !! BUT LETS BE REAL NOW it has not received the publicity that COCAINE has !! I CAN ALSO SAY IN COMPARISON TO THE TASTE ... SP - IT IS BETTER .... AND NOT LETHAL... minus the numbing agent !! BUT WHAT CONCERNS ME AND EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD IS ON EVERY POST !! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS CONSTANTLY PUT YOUR PRODUCT IN A POSITION TO BE COMPARED TO ANOTHER WITHOUT US BOARD MEMBERS ASKING ? ENOUGH ALREADY AND BY THE WAY COCAINE ENERGY DRINK IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH CLIMAX THANK YOU !!

sorry for the caps everybody my new mac's cap lock gets stuck !!

time for the warranty to kick in !!

CLIMAX

SumPoosieCat
12-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Always remember this..... Nothing is good or bad except by comparison!

Why do I compare my drink to others ??? Let me ask you a question... how many people on this board has taken an idea from scratch and designed a flavor, packaging, marketing material, etc... and sold it around the world?

Why would I not compare my drink to what others have done???

NRGSLLR@
12-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Climax, when is your product coming out? Is it in production yet?

climaxenergydrink
12-21-2006, 06:51 PM
SP'S WORDS :

Always remember this..... Nothing is good or bad except by comparison!

Why do I compare my drink to others ??? Let me ask you a question... how many people on this board has taken an idea from scratch and designed a flavor, packaging, marketing material, etc... and sold it around the world?

Why would I not compare my drink to what others have done???

SP there is nothing wrong with comparing your drink to another that sits alright with me BUT WHEN YOUR ONLY ASKED TO DO SO IS THE RESPECTFUL WAY TO NOT TAKE A SUBJECT MATTER LIKE THIS OUT OF CONTEXT !!

THE POST PRIOR TO YOURS:

T HAS COME 2 THIS !! COCAINE ENERGY DRINK BUY ONLINE $39.99 per case 24 www.drinkcocaine.com (http://www.drinkcocaine.com) 12/16/06

I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THIS BUT THIS PRODUCT IS THE WORST I EVER TASTED... i know in the past i was behind it and yes i was selling a couple hundred cases a week making 9-10 dollars on each case. but personally i had to stop drinking it because of my personal health issues !! OFCOURSE I AM DOING FINE !! but i still can't believe that there is a demand for the product...EVEN THOUGH I KNEW IT WOULDN'T GET BANNED !! BUT I CANNOT FATHOM TO TELL EVERYONE THE AMOUNT OF DEMAND IN THE NIGHTCLUBS AND BARS I RECEIVED! BUT BELIEVE IT OR NOT I DECIDED TO SELL THOSE THOUSANDS OF CASES A MONTH TO ALL GAS STATIONS AND CONVENIENCE STORES !! because i knew if i would of put the product in the nightclubs and bars than i was opening this LETHAL PRODUCT to 18-25 + and i wouldn't sell my soul out there to have that age group mix this drink with alcohol !! SO THE END OF THIS COCAINE SAGA !! I SOLD ALL MY COCAINE ACCOUNTS TO A LARGE DISTRIBUTOR THAT I WILL DO BUSINESS WITH IN THE NEAR FUTURE WHEN MY PRODUCT IS OUT IN CAN OR BOTTLE....it's in the works.....2 B CONTINUED !!!

one thing you do have to admit there will never be any product with a shock value outside (media) and inside (the so called substance that numbs your throat) EVER LIKE COCAINE...AND IN THAT I HAVE TO SAY THEY WHERE ORIGINAL !!!

CLIMAX

WHERE DOES THIS COME IN TTB TELL ME :

ol.... your kinda nuts! SumPoosie Cat Energy Drink has been around for nearly 5 years and sells much better and tastes much better than cocaine. You think cocaine is provocative??? Its not provacative...its stupid and irresponsible. They should have put more time into naming this product and even more time on what went in it... this stuff taste like hell.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

THE CORRECT RESPONSE WOULD HAVE BEEN THIS TTB:

You think cocaine is provocative??? Its not provacative...its stupid and irresponsible. They should have put more time into naming this product and even more time on what went in it... this stuff taste like hell.

WITHOUT THIS :

SumPoosie Cat Energy Drink has been around for nearly 5 years and sells much better and tastes much better than cocaine

I AM SURE EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD CAN BACK ME UP ON THIS AND ON OTHERS POST !!

CLIMAX

SumPoosieCat
12-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Your right ... the heck with free speech I will just do what YOU want me to do... :D

greg
12-22-2006, 11:08 AM
I have to side with SPC. I have butted heads with him many times on this board but one fact remains the same: He is responsible for telling people about his drink/brand. A good salesman is always selling and that is what he is doing everytime he tells you something about his drink.
I didn't realize it had been around 5 years. I did know that it taste great.

climaxenergydrink
12-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Greg, sorry !! But i agree with SPC only when TTB OR DRAYTON is on there own post or WHEN ASKED TO TALK ABOUT THERE PRODUCT !! IT IS JUST NOT RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS ON THIS BOARD AND IN GOOD ETHICAL PROCEDURE ON THIS BOARD !! this is a cocaine energy drink topic for someone to dodge right in and talk about there own product it's like apples & oranges and than here they go and talk about spicy peppers !! Oh by the way I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE TASTE IS GREATTTTTTTTTTT !! Tony T.....kind of like frosted flakes !!

CLIMAX

SumPoosieCat
12-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Climax.... are you kidding?

You answer or post the way you want to ... and I will post the way I want to...

If you notice my Member Number is 991... I have been around! I bring up SumPoosie when I think it is necessary...not when you feel it is necessary.

greg
12-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Greg, sorry !! But i agree with SPC only when TTB OR DRAYTON is on there own post or WHEN ASKED TO TALK ABOUT THERE PRODUCT !! IT IS JUST NOT RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS ON THIS BOARD AND IN GOOD ETHICAL PROCEDURE ON THIS BOARD !! this is a cocaine energy drink topic for someone to dodge right in and talk about there own product it's like apples & oranges and than here they go and talk about spicy peppers !! Oh by the way I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE TASTE IS GREATTTTTTTTTTT !! Tony T.....kind of like frosted flakes !!

CLIMAX You're talking out both sides of your mouth....Your name on this board is the name of your ED. Then your signature is aslo "Climax". You are doing exactly what SPC is doing but less aggressively. Notice I use my first name and in my signature I never mention my drink.
I don't think there is anything wrong with telling people about your drink or brand and comparing it to any other drink in any other forum when the discussion leads to such rhetoric.
Donald Trump is the king of salesman. Everytime he opens his mouth he is marketing his brands. Thats how you build a business. Look how he has has turned this whole Rosie O'Donnell squirmish into a positive for his Miss USA pagent as well as plugging the Apprentice in its upcoming season debut. He is the master!!!!!!

climaxenergydrink
12-23-2006, 05:01 PM
I WILL AGREE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU BOTH...this subject will go on and on and i am not going to waste my time or energy !!

BUT I WILL SAY THIS " TTB, DRAYTON AND GREG & 2 ALL BEVNET MEMBERS HAPPY HOLIDAYS and 2 all A GOOD NIGHT !!

CLIMAX
LENNY

SumPoosieCat
12-24-2006, 12:52 AM
Wait a minute Climax... Happy Holidays? Are you trying to start a war on Christmas? ;)

greg
12-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Happy Holidays to you to Climaxenergydrink.........Oh damn, I just marketed your drink for you buy putting your name out there! LOL LOL