PDA

View Full Version : Best Booth at NACS

Red Sox fan
10-13-2006, 05:03 PM
I am interested to hear who you all think had the best booth at NACS this year?

and...

Did anyone catch the Red Bull Booth at the show?...Historically Red Bull NEVER shows up to NACS..Pretty arrogant if you ask me..But, If that is not a sign that they are not hemoriging market share I don't know what else is..Oh how the times are a changin..

greg
10-13-2006, 05:55 PM
The Monster booth was pretty cool. The RB was very cool in my opinion. Yes,,,, they spent a ton of money.

I think they had a nice booth that was very inviting(although they never invited me in but they did invite one of my models!)

Coke had a nice booth, Pepsicos was bland to say the least.
Sockos booth had Hulk Hogan in it for about 2 hours---that was the only action the Socko booth had the whole event! LOL. Rockstars booth could have been better. They really didn't push the brand as hard as I thought they could.

The knockoff award goes to National Brands "The Freek" energy drink. A total replica of Monsters graphics, colors, and even the fonts on their packaging.

The hottest girls in the Booth award goes to REDLINE! check out our girls on page 2 of the NACS gallery. Great girls that are fun to hang out with.

Playboy had some playmates in their booth. It is amazing what photoshop and a good lens can do.

Oh,A big Thank you to Miller and AB for giving out free samples to the booth workers after the show was over!!! Thanks Guys and Girls.

Red Sox fan
10-13-2006, 06:30 PM
wow, could not disagree more..

Red Bull Booth was BORING as heck...all the excitement was at the monster and Rockstar booth's.

Rockstar actually stopped the whole convention at one point when they held an real life Ultimate fight in the octagon (yes the one from TV). They had guys litterelly punching each other in the face..how much "harder" do you want them to push?

Coke and Pepsi were both lame..and all the knockoffs energy drinks were lame too..bringing in a celebrity to sign autographs at your booth is tired and desperate (Hulk/Suko)...

Mr Zabe
10-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Even an industry man/lady has to have their priorities. LOL I would have gone over to the AB both for some Eagle candy coated peanuts. LOL

[ 10-13-2006, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

rackitup
10-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by greg:
[qb] "The Monster booth was pretty col".

Rackitup: I did not C the Models in the Dunk tank there.
I just saw the pic in the Bev Net NACS Review.

"Rockstars booth could have been better. They really didn't push the brand as hard as I thought they could".

Rackitup:I say anytime U have 50 girls running around in little outfits,it's a Winner.

"The hottest girls in the Booth award goes to REDLINE! check out our girls on page 2 of the NACS gallery. Great girls that are fun to hang out with".

Rackitup:U had a nice selection, they all looked verry Classy.

"Oh,A big Thank you to Miller and AB for giving out free samples to the booth workers after the show was over!!! Thanks Guys and Girls".

Rackitup: After I tore down my booth I went 2 Coors and had a Molsen's".

Rackitup: I had a Redline today (my Heart is fine), it was GREAT, I love the flavor.

[ 10-13-2006, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: rackitup ]

Bill Brasky
10-14-2006, 12:42 AM
Judging by photos and word of mouth, Rockstar & Monster stole the show with great booths and even better girls....and of course great people and new products.

Agree with RedSoxFan here....Red Bull showing up (although a last ditch attempt at making 12oz happen) was a HUGE sign of changing times. They know they have to make an impression again as their arrogance and attitude has finally come full circle. Interested to see how retailers react next week to $42/cs for only a 24pk of 12oz when everyone else with 16oz is still at $32. We'll see....

As far as FREEK goes...anyone else note how it was almost all "censored" throughout the show??? My guess...HUGE issues to come for National Brands and their blatant attempt at a Monster knock off. Guess they didn't realize what it meant to "Unleash the Beast"!!! Watch for that one...

Oh..and yes...those Redline girls looked HOT.

greg
10-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Red Sox fan:
wow, could not disagree more..

Red Bull Booth was BORING as heck...all the excitement was at the monster and Rockstar booth's.

Rockstar actually stopped the whole convention at one point when they held an real life Ultimate fight in the octagon (yes the one from TV). They had guys litterelly punching each other in the face..how much "harder" do you want them to push?
I thought the RB booth was nice....I didn't think it was exciting either, just a nice visual set up that was open and inviting, although the step up into the booth kind of kept people at bay.

As far as Rockstar, notice I said "they didn't push the brand" I didn't mention they didn't have an exciting booth. What rockstar did was exactly the same as what Socko did, they got "entertainers" to bring action into the booth. Once the action was gone so was the excitement.It was a bland booth for a company that has so much marketing dollars behind it to keep things going 5 hours a day for 3 days.
Furthermore, Has Rockstar made the crossover marketing attempt into UFC/MMA? If they did I didn't realize it until this show. Most of the ED's I see sponsoring those events are Xyience and Fizogen.

[ 10-14-2006, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: greg ]

boodoo
10-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Give me the Xyience booth. They had the real UFC event. Chuck Lidell the light-heavyweight champion was there signing autographs.

greg
10-16-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by boodoo:
Give me the Xyience booth. They had the real UFC event. Chuck Lidell the light-heavyweight champion was there signing autographs. Actually the Xyience booth was weak in my opinion. Chuck Lidell was there but there was no fighting. The UFC ring was at the Rockstar booth.

boodoo
10-16-2006, 06:31 PM
The Xyience booth was small...maybe next year they will go with a bigger version. The ring at the Rockstar booth was a fake. The UFC owns the octagon and Rockstar does not have the right to use it. Xyience on the other hand does have an affiliation with the UFC. That is why they had the UFC light-heavyweight champ!

Red Sox fan
10-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Wrong! Rockstar is the headline sponsor of the "King of the Ring" pay per events on Pay per view.

If the UFC owns the "octagon" then I own the circle! you owe me royalties for being a ZERO!

Red Sox fan
10-16-2006, 07:55 PM
just kidding about the Zero comment by the way..but I was on a roll so I went with it.

It's cool if you did not like the booth. Hot girls in bikinis and Live Ultimate fighting is not for everyone..just most straight males 18-35 who drink energy drinks..

Cmon, you have to admit it was kinda cool to ship in an actual "octagon" to the booth..just a little?

boodoo
10-17-2006, 11:28 AM
King of the Ring is not part of the UFC. Could you be confusing your MMA events? I do like the creativity for having the "B" league fighters in the RS booth.

greg
10-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Red Sox fan:
just kidding about the Zero comment by the way..but I was on a roll so I went with it.

It's cool if you did not like the booth. Hot girls in bikinis and Live Ultimate fighting is not for everyone..just most straight males 18-35 who drink energy drinks..
Thats all well and good, but the NACS is not a consumer driven show. It is a corporate buyer/retailer show. Sure the end user is the ultimate target but how is a UFC fight going to help me sell more energy drinks to decision makers who are going to bring on my product line?

The Octagon/circle/ring whatever does well at shows like The Olympia where the consumer is the focus of marketing because that is what Joe Blow likes, but give me good information on your brand/product/marketing / how you are going to help me sell your brand, etc at shows like the NACS.

SumPoosieCat
10-17-2006, 11:47 AM
The fact that you are talking about the ring and the octagon tells me the message was lost. IMO no booth should ever be more than 10 x 20 or 20 x 20 if you can't tell your story in that amount of space... you have a problem. Secondly hire the very best to pitch your product. Third, make sure you hire the hottest girls from around the world to stand in that booth.

greg
10-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by TallThinBlonde:
The fact that you are talking about the ring and the octagon tells me the message was lost. IMO no booth should ever be more than 10 x 20 or 20 x 20 if you can't tell your story in that amount of space... you have a problem. Secondly hire the very best to pitch your product. Third, make sure you hire the hottest girls from around the world to stand in that booth. My world is closing in on me....I actually agree with TTB on many things today!

boodoo
10-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Our days are numbered...me too.

With so many brands in the market place I want to see what the parent company is doing to get pull through. Who has advertising and who dosen't. And I am not talking about having your logo on some kid's skateboard.

Are you making media buys to draw attention to your brand? What are you spending on TV ads? Radio ads? Good flavor is fine, 10 more milligrams of this or that is ok but give me advertising or go home.

greg
10-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by boodoo:
Our days are numbered...me too.

With so many brands in the market place I want to see what the parent company is doing to get pull through. Who has advertising and who dosen't. And I am not talking about having your logo on some kid's skateboard.

Are you making media buys to draw attention to your brand? What are you spending on TV ads? Radio ads? Good flavor is fine, 10 more milligrams of this or that is ok but give me advertising or go home. That is all the majors are concerned about...how much money are you going to spend to get customers to come into my retail outlet to buy your product. They all know most customers buy more than one thing so it becomes a vulome generating machine.

Red Sox fan
10-18-2006, 02:07 PM
I would say this is a good start..where is the REDLINE marketing budget being allocated to?

http://www.ussx.com/news/cbsbroadcast.asp

greg
10-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Rockstar has wayyy more money for marketing than REDLINE. Right now we have a marketing budget of 5.2mm(does not include trade shows, i.e The Olympia, The Arnold Classic,Fit Expo, etc) We did a commercial that played on ABC stations last year in 8 markets. The commercial ran on daytime shows such as Live with Regis and Kellie, The View,soap operas, and at night on Extreme Home makeover. My sales raised exponentialy in those markets so this year we are allocating that money towards cable for greater views in more markets.

NRGSLLR@
10-18-2006, 02:44 PM
I was not even offered a sample at the Red Bull or Rockstar Booths. Monster had models walking the aisle outside of the booth sampling their newest flavors. No one sells product at NACS, it is a showcase for NEW products and Next years marketing plans, IMO the only brands that accomplished that were Monster, RedLine and Boo Koo. I was promply greeted, offered a sample and someone asked me if I had any questions, what type of a customer I was etc.

ALLPRO
10-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Rockstar had cooler barrels full of product.
I was surprised to see Red Bull at the show. Sign of the times?

zne0
10-20-2006, 02:59 AM
Great Event it was indeed but the winners were RedBull and Monster because both of their riders came in 1st and second,Yes there was great exposure for Rockstar but when the cameras where on the riders ( the entire focus of the event are the Riders) all i was seeing was RedBull and monster, Monster also spends quite a bit of $$$ on events such as motorcross if you have attend these events you know what im talking about..3 Rigs just for Monster plus their sponsors...IMOP $$$ well spent.

greg
10-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by zne0:
Great Event it was indeed but the winners were RedBull and Monster because both of their riders came in 1st and second,Yes there was great exposure for Rockstar but when the cameras where on the riders ( the entire focus of the event are the Riders) all i was seeing was RedBull and monster, Monster also spends quite a bit of $$$ on events such as motorcross if you have attend these events you know what im talking about..3 Rigs just for Monster plus their sponsors...IMOP $$$ well spent. I think you have confused the NACS with some other event. The NACS is "The National Association of Convenience Stores", a trade show event.

zne0
10-20-2006, 01:08 PM
umm...sorry did not explain my self well, this was in regards to the marketing spending $$$ and not the NACS.

greg
10-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by zne0:
umm...sorry did not explain my self well, this was in regards to the marketing spending $$$ and not the NACS. I still don't undewrstand the "riders" thing. What is that?

zne0
10-20-2006, 10:13 PM
the MotorCross Rider..or sponsor riders.

leisuredrummer
10-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Red Bull has never needed to go. It's not that they are arrogant but the product is a staple in the energy drink market. People know what it does and they know the product. The only reason they were this year was to introduce the 12oz.

SumPoosieCat
10-21-2006, 10:29 AM
I can tell you this much ... when I walk into a convenience store today I see an entire cooler door full of energy drinks....I see a full line of drinks from Monster and Rockstar... together they take up over 70% of the entire door. Red Bull looks like an after thought.

By the way... the Vegas show is coming up March 4 to the 7th... Let me know what you think of our "Bottle Models" ;)

greg
10-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by leisuredrummer:
Red Bull has never needed to go. It's not that they are arrogant but the product is a staple in the energy drink market. People know what it does and they know the product. The only reason they were this year was to introduce the 12oz. With that line of reasoning I guess Coke, Pepsi, AB and Miller shouldn't be there.
IMO, it is not only a show for selling but connecting with your distributors/resellers and to provide new marketing agendas, upcoming "specials", reward top distributors, get new ideas about distribution from existing distributors, find out ways to maintain market share, etc. The list is almost endless. Shows like NACS are one of the few times during the year that Manufactures have that they can be in touch with almost all the channels of distribution as well as customers(excluding end user.

It also gives guys like me,the manufacturer, a chance to suck up to my distributors for larger orders!!!!( Thanks ALLPRO!) ;)

[ 10-21-2006, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: greg ]

ALLPRO
10-21-2006, 09:40 PM
And just think Greg, All you had to do was take us to the Buffet at the Wynn Hotel! How easy are we???

Mr Zabe
10-21-2006, 09:46 PM
LOL
I used to get treated to a Morton's steak dinner from a vendor just for buying blue print supplies. LOL