PDA

View Full Version : Miller=No Energy Drinks

greg
10-17-2006, 12:32 PM
What is up with Miller SAB letting AB harvest valuable real estate in the C-Store/Mass market accounts?
I talked to 2 guys at the Miller booth about this and they said,"we have an energy drink, Sparks" I responded "yeah but what about the hords of people who want one with breakfast or lunch or just palin do not want alcohol with their ED." They shrugged their shoulders and said that is not their decision.

Seriously, how much space does Miller "give" to AB because they have no offerings in this segment?
WAKE UP MILLER!!

NRGSLLR@
10-19-2006, 11:04 AM
The SAB behind Miller speaks volumes. I have several Miller distributors I have sold my brands to in the past, they have always, said the higher echelon was out of touch with the US market.

ALLPRO
10-19-2006, 10:28 PM
"Who's your Daddy" Ed just signed a Miller operation in Arkansas

EnergyGermany
11-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Hi , we are the exklusive distribution of Miller Brewing in Germany! We have started already with an energy drink which is now Nr. 2 behind Red Bull in Germany. Have a look!

at: http://www.miller-online.de
or: http://www.effect-energy.com

deepnenergy
11-03-2006, 02:34 PM
I would like to taste that one. will it be in the US soon?

EnergyGermany
11-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by deepnenergy:
I would like to taste that one. will it be in the US soon? .

Actually we are in the process of founding the MBG North America Inc in Atlanta. The roll out in America is planned for January 2007. Acutally we have done´t test markets in North and South Caroline with our Bag in Box Product. If you like to try the product we are pleased to send you samples.

Send us an email to "kastein@mbg-online.net" and we will arange samples for you! Feel free to tell us your opinion in the forum!

After 3 years in the market EFFECT is the Nr. 2 in Germany - Ontrade!

Bye,

climaxenergydrink
11-04-2006, 06:27 PM
interesting concept i might add ! The bottle that is !!

CLIMAX erotic fuzion BEVERAGE
" ARE U PREPARED 2 GET YA FREAK ON "

climaxenergydrink
11-04-2006, 06:29 PM
OH I FORGOT TO MENTION greg i have a REDLINE before i workout 4-5 times a week it works for me KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!

CLIMAX erotic fuzion BEVERAGE

EnergyGermany
11-26-2006, 10:13 AM
http://about-drinks.eggenet.de/index.php?pageID=00000037&pressID=00001925

Hi just want to let you know 2500 top managers in Germany voted for the about-drinks.com award 2006!

Red Bull Nr. 1
EFFECT Nr. 2

turbojames
11-26-2006, 02:16 PM
EnergyGermany,

DO you have Sparks in Germany or any other type of caffeinated alcohol drinks?

EnergyGermany
11-29-2006, 10:13 AM
No sparks is not available, but as you know energy drinks took of in Germany in 1993 and after that we had mixes in with vodka, rum, prosecco etc. actually there are still a few arround but the market for ready to drink mixes with energy is very very small now. One reason for this is our new law which came in 2005 in place which added a excise tax of about 0,84€ per CAN or BOTTLE - The law was made to destroy the category of RTD´s .!

greg
11-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by EnergyGermany:
No sparks is not available, but as you know energy drinks took of in Germany in 1993 and after that we had mixes in with vodka, rum, prosecco etc. actually there are still a few arround but the market for ready to drink mixes with energy is very very small now. One reason for this is our new law which came in 2005 in place which added a excise tax of about 0,84€ per CAN or BOTTLE - The law was made to destroy the category of RTD´s .! Why kill RTD's? Is that just an excise tax on alcohol/energy drink RTD's?

EnergyGermany
01-14-2007, 07:48 AM
The RTD category Smirnoff Ice, Salitos Ice, Bacardi Breezer and products like VK energy vodka have been growing so dramaticly that our goverment "believs" that it was need to stop young consumers to buying it. That´s the reason for the so call "Alcopoptax" 0,84€ per 0,275ml bottle. On top of this we have the "non returnable" tax which is 0,25€ per bottle. Most of the energy and RTD´s have been non returnable in Germany...Now the Ontrade is dominated by returnable energy drinks.

DudeMan
01-14-2007, 06:00 PM
How is "Who's Your Daddy" doing?

fusion
01-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Time will tell if this is a successful move for A-B distributors. Miller distributors may be not at all interested in picking up a non-alcoholic brand, especially the beer-only houses.

SumPoosieCat
01-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Maybe Miller houses will carry SumPoosie Cat and SumPoosie Cat Sugar Free soon. That would be very niiiccce. ;)

mofizz
01-15-2007, 10:41 AM
The Miller distibutors that I know do sell energy drinks. One of them actually has Red Bull, two others own Pepsi franchises and market Pepsi ED's. Miller is quite different than AB in that most Miller distributors also have other beers and soft drinks. AB distibutors pretty much do what the parent company says.

deepnenergy
01-15-2007, 11:43 AM
I have good working relationships with several Miller DSD and Mofizz is right, they do carry multi drinks and are not governed like AB houses.