PDA

View Full Version : HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH WHEN YOU ARE CONSIDERING INGREDIENTS ?

climaxenergydrink
11-03-2006, 10:59 PM
I happen to see that there is a big concern with the extreme amounts of caffeine, guarana, niacin(niacinamide)etc.. in the energy drink portfolio !

HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH ?

CLIMAX erotic fuzion BEVERAGE
" ARE U PREPARED 2 GET YA FREAK ON "

climaxenergydrink
11-03-2006, 11:19 PM
i read from greg on a post 250 mg per day for niacin how about the others ! specifically caffeine ! i assume anything over 160 would be alot that would be equaled to 2 red bulls ! Everything in moderation, 2 much of anything can be detrimental ! ( i think i spelled it right !)

Climax

DudeMan
11-05-2006, 06:01 PM
You spelt the word spelt wrong ;)

Ingredients increase production cost. I think you should only use high amounts of an ingredient if you are marketing your product that way. WiredX294 is a good example. It's got 294mg of caffeine but that's actually part of the product's name. If you're spending $$ on large quantities of an ingredient, make sure you're using that as a marketing tool. Otherwise, save your money and invest in conventional marketing or discounts to distributors.

greg
11-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Ingredients can make or break the drink(DUH) Poor raw materials can have some major taste issues as well as quality issues. Research sources tirelessly to get the best raws at the best price. Cheap aint good and good aint cheap!
Believe it or not not all 250mgs of caffeine are equal.Same goes for Yohimbe, notice some drinks with Yohimbe have small twig like particles floating in the bottom while others don't. This is due to cheap raws being used to cut cost.
If you have to charge a little bit more for your drink due to higher quality materials I wouldn't sweat it to much. The consumer knows when they are getting what they are paying for and vice versa.

greg
11-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by climaxenergydrink:
i read from greg on a post 250 mg per day for niacin how about the others ! specifically caffeine ! i assume anything over 160 would be alot that would be equaled to 2 red bulls ! Everything in moderation, 2 much of anything can be detrimental ! ( i think i spelled it right !)

Climax This information is for one time consumtion as recommended by physicians. Niacin is used in many medications that help people with circulation and other ailments. The 250mg limit was due to many people having "skin flushing" which may be a sign of blood presure problems.

greg
11-06-2006, 12:27 PM
According to this website the caffeine content in a Starbucks Grande is a whopping 372mgs.
http://www.energyfiend.com/the-caffeine-database/comment-page-18/

climaxenergydrink
11-06-2006, 11:59 PM
SEE...YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY !!

WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF BUYING A VITAMIN, MINERAL, ROOT ETC.. IN A PREMIX FORM VERSUS GETTING THE RAW MATERIAL ?

GREG !I HAPPEN TO AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR !! exspecially if you are trying to cut cost to concentrate on more important things rather than whats inside which is the most important !

Mr Zabe
11-07-2006, 12:05 AM
372mgs of caffeine...Holy Heart Grabber!

climaxenergydrink
11-07-2006, 12:09 AM
ZABE MORE LIKE HOLY BOMBS BATMAN !!

climaxenergydrink
11-07-2006, 12:12 AM
atomic bomb that is actually !! I mean am i crazy or is that insane 372 mgs !! i know it's STARBUCKS but imagine that much caffeine mixed with the grey goose !! LETHAL COMBO !!

greg
11-07-2006, 12:22 AM
I clipped this from the website.
The value above is an average figure* taken from caffeine tests of a Starbucks Breakfast Blend. The six different samples ranged from 259.2mg to 564.4mg. Incredibly these measurements were from the same outlet on six consecutive days.

So it seems brewing processes have an overbearing effect on the caffeine level. A plus or minus of 100% was experienced during this 6 day test. That is not good. People want consistency.

NRGSLLR@
11-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Any body check on Starbucks Double Shot?

It is competitng in our category.

A Venti Kenyan with Room for Cream is not

Mr Zabe
11-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Chicago Tribune.....Too Much Caffeine? (http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/features_julieshealthclub/2006/11/caffeine_abuse_.html)

Here we go again. LOL This is a well written article that ends nicely. LOLOLOL

climaxenergydrink
11-22-2006, 12:23 AM
i might add interesting article !! Thanks Mr Zabe

CLIMAX