PDA

View Full Version : Monster what?

Jlynnefrank
11-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Hey...I am a big coffee drinker, but recently Monster has been invading my boston campus.....is it wierd that they are doing this campus push...has anyone else had this? ..oh and is it worth trying or should i stick to my usually black cup of joe...

-Cheers, Jlynne :D

CStoreCatMan
11-10-2006, 01:35 PM
I've heard about Hansens trying a new coffee beverage. Do you know the name? Flavors? What size can?

jdavidb
11-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Monster is halfway decent, but I much prefer Amp. Or Vault.

When I was in school, surge did some big campus pushes like that. I got a lot of free Surge a time or two. Really enjoyed it. I think I like Vault better, though.

greg
11-10-2006, 06:15 PM
I like how the big boys go to the schools and act like your buddy and give out free samples and tell the kids "this is a special marketing campaign and we wanted you to be the first to try it" all the while they are doing it on 100's possibly 1000's of campuses throughout the US. (Damn I wish I had that kind of money to promote my drink!!! LOL)

Mr Zabe
11-10-2006, 06:47 PM
LOL
On the same vain. Moon's ago when I was under the legal age for tobacco;I lived smack dab in the middle one of the very posh area's of Chicago's Gold Coast. I lived 1/2 block from Water Tower Place and the John Hancock building.

From time to time (actually quit often) various cigarette brands passed out sample packs of smokes. Some times a pack of 5 or even a full pack. I never had a problem getting smokes when I wanted them.LOL I got hooked on Camel Lights because one summer they passed CL for a good month.

I can relate to Greg's post. smile.gif

[ 11-10-2006, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
11-10-2006, 07:13 PM
BTW, Monster Energy Drink is now in Mexico in all the Wal-Mart stores (Wal-Mart, Bodega Aurrera and Superama), how does it taste like?

Jlynnefrank
11-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Hey, I was really curious about the Hansen coffee..I hadn't heard of it yet. I mainly go to the local places near me and avoid chains if I can. But i found a link to the site...http://www.hansencoffee.com/.. I guess they do tea nad syrups too. tongue.gif

David J.
11-13-2006, 08:20 PM
I like Monster. The Lo-carb version is sometimes better than the orignal, and the Khaos Energy Juice is my favorite.

Monster Assault is, IMO awful and makes me sick.

CStoreCatMan
11-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Jlynnefrank - the link you posted was to "Hansen Brothers Coffee" which isn't the same Hansens company we were talking about. I'm talking about Hansens who makes Monster energy drinks...they are rumored to have a coffee beverage coming for 2007...

Ssol
11-21-2006, 03:36 AM
First... I gott reply to this directly:

Monster is halfway decent, but I much prefer Amp. Or VaultVault isn't an energy drink. It's simply Coke's form of Mt. Dew with a ton of false advertising. Check the ingredients some time.

And to the actual topic...
Monster is good. Very good, actually, if you prefer things a bit sweet. Works faster (it's an energy drink, afterall) than coffee for the most part, and you'll never risk spilling it all over your pants and burning sensitive areas.

mofizz
11-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Monster is halfway decent, but I much prefer Amp. Or VaultVault isn't an energy drink. It's simply Coke's form of Mt. Dew with a ton of false advertising. Check the ingredients some time.

Thank you!!! I'm glad someone else realizes that Vault is a poser.

Red Sox fan
11-21-2006, 03:05 PM
jlynnefrank, what school do you go to?

bullman
12-01-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Ssol:
First... I gott reply to this directly:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Monster is halfway decent, but I much prefer Amp. Or VaultVault isn't an energy drink. It's simply Coke's form of Mt. Dew with a ton of false advertising. Check the ingredients some time.

And to the actual topic...
Monster is good. Very good, actually, if you prefer things a bit sweet. Works faster (it's an energy drink, afterall) than coffee for the most part, and you'll never risk spilling it all over your pants and burning sensitive areas. </font>[/QUOTE]Great post, and very true!

RubberDucky
12-01-2006, 09:46 PM
vault wasnt meant to be an energy drink.. it says KICKS LIKE AN ENERGY you should read sometimes. and they only brought out mdx as a last minute attempt for vault.. and how is vault false advertising. its not.. now if you see a commercial on tv that says if you call this number that costs 6.99 a minute u get a free shirt, and they say the shirts are sold out.. thats false advertising my friend. smile.gif

RubberDucky
12-01-2006, 09:48 PM
oops.. made a boo boo "meant to be an energy drink.. it says KICKS LIKE AN ENERGY"

meant to say.. KICKS LIKE AN ENERGY DRINK