PDA

View Full Version : Another ED Black Eye

greg
11-15-2006, 11:13 AM
As I was leaving the gym this morning i turned on the XM radio to channel 168 for a little fair and balance political discourse from Hannity and Colmes.
Both of these guys are slamming some guy that is promoting an Energy drink that by my best guess is named "Run For The Border"( I never actually heard them say this is the name but they alluded to ita few times)
At any rate, this guy is based in the US and is trying to get his foothold on the Mexico market. No problem yet, however, he is giving out free samples to Mexicans that are crossing the border illegally. He says he does this as a humanatarian effort, but he consistently contradicts himself saying things like "exploiting people is the American way" and "well it doesn't matter if I'm aiding and abetting an illegal endeavor, they will do it anyway".
did anyone else hear about this guy or this drink?
He did a terrible job of defending his position to say the least.
He is another Black eye on the ED category. I put him in the same boat as REDUX Beverages, aka "Cocaine".

Ron Swedelson
11-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Thats kinds of crazy. As long as he is not helping them cross illigaly, then he is just doing some poor marketing. My guess is more people who cross the border, it is not in the front of their mind to go out and buy an energy drink. The name is in poor taste, and will highly limit their buyers. Granted, the latin market is a huge market to penatrate, this is probably not the best way to do it. I wonder if Taco Bell still has a patent on their old slogan "Make a run for the border"

boodoo
11-15-2006, 07:14 PM
I saw the interview last night on H & C. He was the worst prepared spokesperson I have ever seen. He may have been the owner but he appeared to be some bozo off the street. The drink would be more popular if it was "Run Back To The Border".

Blue Efficacy
11-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:
Thats kinds of crazy. As long as he is not helping them cross illigaly, then he is just doing some poor marketing. My guess is more people who cross the border, it is not in the front of their mind to go out and buy an energy drink. The name is in poor taste, and will highly limit their buyers. Granted, the latin market is a huge market to penatrate, this is probably not the best way to do it. I wonder if Taco Bell still has a patent on their old slogan "Make a run for the border" You can't patent a phrase, you can only trademark it. Which will expire if you stop using it.

On that note, Hannity and Colmes is as far from fair and balanced as you can get.

SumPoosieCat
11-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Boodoo I am with you!!! The guy was an idiot and Hannity was looking around trying to figure out how this guy got on set.

Red Sox fan
11-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Question: Why do all these idiots choose to start Energy Drinks and not some other beverage like an orange juice or tea?

There is something about this category that atracts all the characters, not sure what it is though..

greg
11-16-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Blue Efficacy:
[QUOTE]
On that note, Hannity and Colmes is as far from fair and balanced as you can get. How can you say that? You have a staunch Republican/Conservative on one side and an equally staunch Democrat/Liberal on the other. I think they do a good job of presenting both sides. Of course Hannity will get overzealous at times but then again so will Colmes on some issues.

Ron Swedelson
11-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Which catogory seems like quick easy money? OJ or Energy Drinks. Its just weird these guys will come on with no beverage experience and think they can just throw a beverage into the mix and make millions.

Mr Zabe
11-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Good point!

CStoreCatMan
11-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Hey Ron...
You mean like Dizz or TTB? **Cough** LOL...j/k guys!

[ 11-16-2006, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]