PDA

View Full Version : do energy drinks give you energy??

Pibb
11-22-2006, 11:32 PM
they dont give me energy

redchucks219
11-23-2006, 12:22 AM
They never seem to do anything for me. I drink them simply because I enjoy all the unique tastes. It's kind of become my hobby.

Ron Swedelson
11-23-2006, 02:05 AM
They will give you a little boost, but most people expect to be straight wired on them, and unless you are very sensative to caffiene, it will just not happen. But, you are getting around 80mgs of caffiene, so that is almost as strong as coffee (depending on its quality) and you get a little vitamin boost, so yeah, you have more energy than when you started, but don't expect a legal alternative to Cocaine.

rackitup
11-23-2006, 02:26 AM
Usually E Drinks do something for me.

Today I started of a 1,200 mile drive with a Full Throttl (Blue Can), it did absolutely nothing for me Energy wise, and my stomach does not feel good.

greg
11-23-2006, 10:53 AM
MY OPINION ONLY but I do not thionk that the average everyday ED has that many great energy qualities in it. Most are an average caffeine content, about as much as a cup of coffee, and then they throw in some some taurine and a lot of sugar for taste.
For real energy drinks go outside the conventional market and get something made from a manufacturer that supplies Sports Nutrition stores. The Fitness industry goes way beyond "average" ingredient profiles and create drinks for the athlete looking for high intense sustained energy, not just something to keep their eyes open while they are in their cubicle.

greg
11-24-2006, 01:07 PM
I was thinking about this question and it finally hit me what type of response it deserves.
Of course energy drinks give people energy. Why else would they be called energy drinks? But there will alwyas be people in the masses that don't respond.

jacksmom
11-24-2006, 05:14 PM
I think whether or not energy drinks give you "energy" is entirely dependent on the person. I keep my caffeine intake limited to about 1 can of Coke or Mountain Dew a day during the week, but Saturday is my day to splurge, either on an ED or something like Jolt. I think because I don't have a lot of caffeine and I'm only about 100 pounds, it gives me a major boost. Therefore, every Saturday is my cleaning day and it works great! smile.gif My husband, however, can drink an ED and be taking a nap on the couch an hour or two later. :(

zoomjuice1
11-24-2006, 10:24 PM
Energy drinks do not usually work for me. I keep trying though, and every once in awhile I feel like I'm actually getting a boost.

However, if you ever want a super caffeinated drink, go to your nearest Starbucks and order an "iced black eye." I make mine an iced vanilla black eye.

It is iced coffee with 2 shots of espresso in it.

I don't care how caffeine immune you might be, it will get you going when all else fails.

Make sure you get it with iced coffee and not hot coffee though. The iced coffee is brewed double strength so it has more caffeine than their hot.

Just my 2 cents

Mr Zabe
11-24-2006, 11:15 PM
LOL
Moon's ago when I used to enjoy Starbucks iced coffee made with espresso. Like you said, WOW what a pick up.

BluejacketT
11-26-2006, 04:32 PM
They don't give me energy. I just like to try them out.

RubberDucky
11-26-2006, 06:34 PM
they dont give me energy, they make me sleepy

Popados
11-28-2006, 09:25 AM
They give me energy. Especially Jolt. That stuff perks me right up.