PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar Zero Carb and 21 not national?

David J.
12-11-2006, 05:11 PM
OK, I'm not mourning or suprised that Rockstar 21 isn't sold locally. But seeing that Guava is sold locally, and does pretty good, I'm suprised there's no Zero Carb sold locally. Is it not national?

And wasn't Monster susposed to have an alcolohic version?

fusion
12-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Availability is still spotty on Zero Carb, unfortunately. I am still seeing lots of stores where they devote very little space to energy drinks, even though sales are increasing.

Red Sox fan
12-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Zero Carb is sold nationally. David-What area of NY are you in?

Rockstar 21 is still very spotty. especially on the Norhteast for now.

David J.
12-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Thousand islands.

Guava is everywhere, but NO Zero Carb.

Nick Laugher
12-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Rockstar 21? Enlighten me...

Red Sox fan
12-13-2006, 12:25 AM
Rockstar 21 is a Malt Based Energy Drink created by Rockstar.

you can see the packaging here www.rockstar21.com (http://www.rockstar21.com)

VEry select distribution right now (mostly on the west coast) rolling out nationally soon through beer distributors.

Nick Laugher
12-14-2006, 04:41 PM
Ahh, excellent, looks nice.

David J.
02-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Hey, I found Zero Carb at a HESS station, and that's the only place I can find it in my area.

It's pretty decent, for a sugar free drink.

greg
02-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by David J.:
Hey, I found Zero Carb at a HESS station, and that's the only place I can find it in my area.

It's pretty decent, for a sugar free drink. I like the taste and the can.

zne0
02-03-2007, 02:05 AM
has anyone know how this two new rockstar products are doing in your areas ? in my area the only thing thats selling is the Reg rockstar and the Guava all the other flavors are just dust collectors but like i mention this is only in my area. Not to impress w/rockstar 21 I was expecting a better looking and tasting product from Rockstar.

Super Jay
02-03-2007, 12:34 PM
It seems that the coke sales reps have to many energy drinks to sell. I haven't seen very much diet rockstar anymore because the reps have been selling zero carb and putting it in that slot and the same goes for rockstar juiced and rockstar guava. I heard that some coke distributors in northern NY and VT have BooKoo now too? How many energy drinks can coke sell and still allocate space for all of them?

Red Sox fan
02-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Zneo/SJ-I looked through a bunch of your posts and both of you are clearly marks for Hansens. Just admit it..

Secondly, Rockstar numbers are stronger than ever in the areas you are speaking about. There has been no cannabalization and of any of the core flavors with the launch of the new sku's. In fact, just the opposite. Yes, many coke bottlers are experimenting with other energy brands (Coolah/BooKoo etc.) but at the end of the day all recognize that Rockstar is the lead portfolio (even ahead of Coke NA brands).

It took about a year but Rockstar is now fully intergrated into the coke system and I expect big things in '07. Things are coming into sync just as monster is going through their own distribution transitions which inevitably create opportunities for competitors in the trade.

Someone once told me that the coke system is like a HUGE aircraft carrier. It's not very mobile, can't stop on a dime or go sideways, but if you can get the full weight of it moving forward in your direction, it's pretty damn powerful.

After working with them for over a year I now know the truth behind this statement.

Super Jay
02-03-2007, 11:25 PM
RSF, I know you may be in denial. But you know that many reps in the industry become lazy and don't feel like having to carry 5 Rockstar (not a coke product) sku's and then 3 Full Throttle (coke product) sku's, and 1 sku of Coolah, now 2 to 3 sku's of NOS (coke product soon to be in all warehouses), and maybe another 3 to 4 sku's of BooKoo.

I hope that you are not blind enough think those reps are going to keep all 5 sku's of Rockstar in stock and have 1 or 2 facings for each. They will be selling whatever they have an incentive for and whatever one is on deal. One month they push BooKoo, then they will push NOS when it comes in, then you will come back the next month with a Buy One Get One Free deal to try to get your distribution back up where it was before the BooKoo and NOS deal. All you guys are trying to fight for the one shelf of energy that Coke has.

We do argee on one thing that Coolah sucks bad and should be gone soon. But in the meantime that 2 cases of Coolah the Coke sales rep sold last month is still sitting on that one shelf wasting away with 2 facings.

SumPoosieCat
02-03-2007, 11:52 PM
I like that RS has several flavors and types but are they selling? I am sure RS reg and sugar free do well but what about the others? Who is drinking RS juice?

The colors are nice!

fusion
11-22-2007, 02:00 AM
I found 24oz Rockstar Zero Carb at a 7-11 here today.

scum1
11-22-2007, 04:08 AM
The zero carb is way better than the diet. It has more caffeine 240 per can and the can is a lot nicer. I think they should ditch the diet and just go with the Zero Carb. 2 diet drinks really is too many. I'd say ditch the coolah as well. I never see anyone drinking Coolah at least around here. I'd love to try rockstar 21. It's got to be better than Sparks or Tilt which are nasty.

fusion
11-22-2007, 10:28 PM
The zero carb also has a berry flavor, which is a nice change.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/rockstarzero24oz.jpg