PDA

View Full Version : When RB's Bullet going to roll out ?

DLR
12-15-2006, 04:52 PM
A cheaper energy drink from RBNA-This could be huge.

ALLPRO
12-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Intersting post, actually might have some "legs".
A few years ago, RBNA sued Premier Nutrition for trademark infringement (Premier manufactured a small 2oz Energy Shot called Red Bullet). RBNA argued that they already had rights to the name "Red Bullet' as it pertains to energy drinks.
BTW: Premier Nutrition has since changed the name of thier energy shot to Rocket Shot. It is actually a pretty cool product.

BriGuy20
12-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Will give it a try. I hope they make it 16oz. and Monsterize the taste a bit.

greg
12-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by BriGuy20:
Will give it a try. I hope they make it 16oz. and Monsterize the taste a bit. Why would they want to "Monsterize" their taste? Shouldn't a market leader also be the innovator not the follower?

NRGSLLR@
12-18-2006, 11:24 AM
What makes you think it would be cheaper? Unless they make it domestically, they would still have the same cost structure as Red Bull.

BriGuy20
12-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by greg:
Why would they want to "Monsterize" their taste? Shouldn't a market leader also be the innovator not the follower? They already have their original, I just think it would make more sense to model their next one off the #2 company in the space. Coke did it when they rolled out Sprite.

greg
12-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by BriGuy20:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by greg:
Why would they want to "Monsterize" their taste? Shouldn't a market leader also be the innovator not the follower? They already have their original, I just think it would make more sense to model their next one off the #2 company in the space. Coke did it when they rolled out Sprite. </font>[/QUOTE]I say it again, if you are a market leader why all of a sudden become a market follower?
Monster has been done. If all you had to do was copy a flavor to be successful then RB wouldn't be #1. There have been so many RB knockoffs that they would be swapping out #1's out every other week due to price fluctuations/changes.