PDA

View Full Version : Kronik Energy sells well

Energy life
12-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Here is a great tasting product that sells everywhere.
Kronik energy sells without marketing. :eek:
It amazes me to see this product fly off the shelf just for the name. :cool:
KroniK has a variety of wonderful flavors too.
The Kronik Grind tastes like a Cherry flavored Red Bull. I'll carry this product as long as they keep making it. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Red Sox fan
12-19-2006, 10:14 AM
oy vey...

greg
12-19-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm not even going to start!!!!!!

Sells without marketing? What is that post all about? I'd call that marketing!
OK< I had to just do one.

Mr Zabe
12-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Ditto on the Oy Vey.

deepnenergy
12-19-2006, 02:50 PM
I know this drink and yes it will fly. the name and the taste will do it. there is not much better out there. I will tell you that the owner is a #*! but the drink is a winner and should be world wide.

deepnenergy
12-19-2006, 02:52 PM
also if it were a marketing thing this guy was doing he would be pushing their new one, not one that every skateboarder and their mom's drink already.

greg
12-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by deepnenergy:
I know this drink and yes it will fly. the name and the taste will do it. there is not much better out there. I will tell you that the owner is a #*! but the drink is a winner and should be world wide. This drink is crap. It is absolutley one of the worst drinks I have ever tasted. Another ED with a name that connotes drug use. I'm actually surprised this drink is still onthe market. I have only seen it in Vegas and I travel all over the US.

greg
12-19-2006, 03:29 PM
also if it were a marketing thing this guy was doing he would be pushing their new one, not one that every skateboarder and their mom's drink already. Oh Yeah....Moms out getting some "Kronik"...TAB maybe, but not Kronik. Do you think that subaurban Moms are idiots? They know what Kronik means and they wouldn't be caught dead letting their friend see them drinking one of those things.

deepnenergy
12-19-2006, 03:36 PM
no Greg,
It sells well, I know because I worked for them and have seen it first hand (the owner is the one I was telling you about in the PM) it does do well in most of the southern part of the US and very well in Circle K at a UPS it ranks 3rd to 5th in most areas. Bevnet gave the new one 4 stars + I really don't want to boost the product but I can not lie even though I can't stand the owner and your right, this would be the second ED he sold with drug slang since 2001.

ALLPRO
12-19-2006, 08:22 PM
I just keep wondering how many 16oz ED's are going to say they are #4 or #6 etc etc...
Kronik goes thru McClanes for 7-11's and it is always on the bottom of the cooler or sitting in the back of the cold box. I'm not bashing Kronik, but what makes it different than any other 16oz ED's on the market? Why would I buy Kronik with Juice when there is Monster Juiced and Rockstar Juiced? Is it really that much better? Do consumers say "holy sh_ _! this Juiced Kronik is so much better than all the other 16oz ED's that I have been drinking for the last 5 years"

deepnenergy
12-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by ALLPRO:
I just keep wondering how many 16oz ED's are going to say they are #4 or #6 etc etc...
Kronik goes thru McClanes for 7-11's and it is always on the bottom of the cooler or sitting in the back of the cold box. I'm not bashing Kronik, but what makes it different than any other 16oz ED's on the market? Why would I buy Kronik with Juice when there is Monster Juiced and Rockstar Juiced? Is it really that much better? Do consumers say "holy sh_ _! this Juiced Kronik is so much better than all the other 16oz ED's that I have been drinking for the last 5 years" :eek: :eek: :eek: I don't want you to think I'm trying to boost Kronik. I was with them for a while and put it into DSD that covers 14% of the US. and do the math at per point of purchase and they are Mclanes #1 energy Sku at least they were at the time of the Vegas show 5 months ago.

greg
12-20-2006, 03:33 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ALLPRO:
[qb] :eek: :eek: :eek: ..... they are Mclanes #1 energy Sku at least they were at the time of the Vegas show 5 months ago. </font>[/QUOTE]:( The last place I want my energy drink is in McClanes, or any other distributor of the like. The only reson , IMO , to have your drink in McClanes is in extreme rural areas where conventional distributing would be too costly or ineffecient.

deepnenergy
12-21-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by greg:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by deepnenergy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ALLPRO:
[qb] :eek: :eek: :eek: ..... they are Mclanes #1 energy Sku at least they were at the time of the Vegas show 5 months ago. </font>[/QUOTE]:( The last place I want my energy drink is in McClanes, or any other distributor of the like. The only reson , IMO , to have your drink in McClanes is in extreme rural areas where conventional distributing would be too costly or ineffecient. </font>[/QUOTE]Well Greg, I'm Disappointed to hear that opinion from you. You seem like a smart man and i thought you would know that WSD is a great place to start independent brands. you sell into them at 28.50 instead of 24 they take a 1.72% WHF and you get to play with the dollars. Circle K, Speedway, 7/11, flying J, H E double hockey sticks, all of them order out of McClaines or Cor-Mark. and you can create CMA's for major chains and still make 23.50 after Bill backs. so you might have to work selling to chains? Big deal,I closed 4 chains in a hour at the McClaines show. Also as you pick up DSD you can close that area for the distributor to take over and still hold the other territories. I may not like the owner of Kronik but the man is one of if not the top independent brands out there and AcNielsen shows it. even if it may be one the bottom in a 7/11 FA, it's there unlike a lot of people. Even those that are so bold to share their opinion to meet a negative impact.

David J.
12-21-2006, 02:43 PM
I've never seen it in upstate New York, so it really sells "everywhere" I take it? FWIW, I don't live anywhere near NYC, so NYC is irreverent to me.

Come on, there are other places that energy drinks are sold, other than California, Las Vegas, and Florida, which appear to be the biggest markets.

SumPoosieCat
12-21-2006, 04:14 PM
Is it April 1st ?

greg
12-21-2006, 04:26 PM
:( The last place I want my energy drink is in McClanes, or any other distributor of the like. The only reson , IMO , to have your drink in McClanes is in extreme rural areas where conventional distributing would be too costly or ineffecient. [/qb]Well Greg, I'm Disappointed to hear that opinion from you. You seem like a smart man and i thought you would know that WSD is a great place to start independent brands. you sell into them at 28.50 instead of 24 they take a 1.72% WHF and you get to play with the dollars. Circle K, Speedway, 7/11, flying J, H E double hockey sticks, all of them order out of McClaines or Cor-Mark. and you can create CMA's for major chains and still make 23.50 after Bill backs. so you might have to work selling to chains? Big deal,I closed 4 chains in a hour at the McClaines show. Also as you pick up DSD you can close that area for the distributor to take over and still hold the other territories. I may not like the owner of Kronik but the man is one of if not the top independent brands out there and AcNielsen shows it. even if it may be one the bottom in a 7/11 FA, it's there unlike a lot of people. Even those that are so bold to share their opinion to meet a negative impact. [/QB][/QUOTE]

We all go to market differently. I didn't say it was a bad idea for you or anyone else, I just said I wouldn't want my drink in that distribution channel. My resaoning is this. I feel that McClanes, Coremark, Hackney, etc are order takers. They are not Salesmen. They go into a store scan a bar code to check par levels and then order as needed. I would rather have a salesman in the store providing service and selling my drink in for greater volume and value to the merchant. Furthermore, a salesman or merchandiser will have a greater knowledge of the brand and its benefits. They will also have a greater desire to insure that it is in the correct spot on the shelf as well as stocked correctly. A salesman will protect his "real estate" better than a General Distributor will and do what it takes to make sure his brand is getting the space it deserves.
My opinion only so don't take this as a slam against your ideas, but its not all about money. A relationship is part of Brand Building. The retailer appreciates seeing the same guy in his store week after week taking care of his business, and by his business I mean the retailers. The Coremark or whoever guy will order it, kick it, roll it and drop it. Thats about it. He is no more loyal and dedicated to my brand as joe schmo off the street. Sure you make a few more bucks off the case but are you getting the volume that really drives your economic engine?

NRGSLLR@
12-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Not to be overly critical but the company name is McLane Distribution not McClanes. They like any Convenience Wholesaler are a difficult vehicle to distribute a beverage. There are several reasons to name a few. It is a high Weight Hi Cube low cost item compared to a carton of Marlboro or Winston, which is 90% of what these wholesalers sell. Their sales force sells what ever is on deal in their monthly flyer and then only if they are getting a "SPIFF" If you offer a deal to a retailer say a 7-11 and ask that he reduce the retail to get the discount he typically takes the discount and does not reduce the retail. If you offer free goods you give him the goods and he pockets the extra cash. Once is deal inventory is sold through, he buys the next brand that is on deal. There is NO ONE to manage Shelf Space, displays, rotate product etc. The future of ED's is DSD if you can't team up with a big 3 soda or beer wholesaler, bite the bullet, buy a truck and do it your self.

CStoreCatMan
12-21-2006, 05:01 PM
no Greg,
It sells well, I know because I worked for them and have seen it first hand (the owner is the one I was telling you about in the PM) it does do well in most of the southern part of the US and very well in Circle K at a UPS it ranks 3rd to 5th in most areas. Bevnet gave the new one 4 stars + I really don't want to boost the product but I can not lie even though I can't stand the owner and your right, this would be the second ED he sold with drug slang since 2001. In this market, Kronik ranked #10 in energy drink sales - in Circle K accounts. Not too shabby, but not quite a #3-#5 ranked item either. The creator of Kronik used to work for Circle K as their non carb category manager in Arizona. I guess when he saw the energy boom he decided to jump on board.

deepnenergy
12-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
no Greg,
It sells well, I know because I worked for them and have seen it first hand (the owner is the one I was telling you about in the PM) it does do well in most of the southern part of the US and very well in Circle K at a UPS it ranks 3rd to 5th in most areas. Bevnet gave the new one 4 stars + I really don't want to boost the product but I can not lie even though I can't stand the owner and your right, this would be the second ED he sold with drug slang since 2001. In this market, Kronik ranked #10 in energy drink sales - in Circle K accounts. Not too shabby, but not quite a #3-#5 ranked item either. The creator of Kronik used to work for Circle K as their non carb category manager in Arizona. I guess when he saw the energy boom he decided to jump on board. </font>[/QUOTE]He did not creat the drink that was choice first distribution the same guy that put out Liquid X in 2000. That guy came over a year after the owner replaced one of the top selling drinks selling in AZ along with RB & RS before Monster, with Kronik in late 2002. The Circle K guy just helped then came over later.

deepnenergy
12-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by NRGSLLR@:
Not to be overly critical but the company name is McLane Distribution not McClanes. They like any Convenience Wholesaler are a difficult vehicle to distribute a beverage. There are several reasons to name a few. It is a high Weight Hi Cube low cost item compared to a carton of Marlboro or Winston, which is 90% of what these wholesalers sell. Their sales force sells what ever is on deal in their monthly flyer and then only if they are getting a "SPIFF" If you offer a deal to a retailer say a 7-11 and ask that he reduce the retail to get the discount he typically takes the discount and does not reduce the retail. If you offer free goods you give him the goods and he pockets the extra cash. Once is deal inventory is sold through, he buys the next brand that is on deal. There is NO ONE to manage Shelf Space, displays, rotate product etc. The future of ED's is DSD if you can't team up with a big 3 soda or beer wholesaler, bite the bullet, buy a truck and do it your self. well, that's were CMA's come in retailer don't hold his end breaks the agreement. its all about work ppl we have to be there WHD or DSD it don't matter your beverage will die if you are not there red bull was and is still there, monster is their from the start. Rock Star started a little slow but was there and is really there now. Kronik is there, take a look. BUT they need to stay there if you slow down to will get ran over. Its all work, has to be , we must, work the market. most drinks that i have seen in DSD a lot I changed out can for can and replaced be cause the support stops at the DSD level. SEND in a truck and watch the money roll in.....NOT!!!

YOU MUST WORK TO BUILD A BEVERAGE BRAND OR I WILL COME ALONG AND REPLACE YOU WHEN THE TIME COMES.....and yes your right it is McLane ;)

deepnenergy
12-21-2006, 08:58 PM
OK, wait let me clear the air. I know DSD is the best way to go over all. Yes they police the product, make sure its rotated, faced (store should do this too), and have sales people they call on stores each week but that is great for the mom & pops and in most areas their the strongest c-stores, BUT the chains work off a computer operated tracking that orders automatically from the warehouse which orders from McLane or cormark space is protected through schematics in the chains through CMAs and if you are moved its because your not building the brand and not selling. Every chain has their way of doing things but most majors work off this kind of system. starting like that in areas that are mostly chain is a good idea because it gives you more margin to play with for the chains and chains do have employees that stock 2 per shift. but Again I will say that DSD is the best way over all.

deepnenergy
12-21-2006, 09:20 PM
also if it were a marketing thing this guy was doing he would be pushing their new one, not one that every skateboarder and their mom's drink already. Oh Yeah....Moms out getting some "Kronik"...TAB maybe, but not Kronik. Do you think that subaurban Moms are idiots? They know what Kronik means and they wouldn't be caught dead letting their friend see them drinking one of those things. </font>[/QUOTE]Greg, I do know a lot of people (socer moms,skateboard moms, and moms that work their tail off that lov the drink and don't even think there is a reference the word chronic is used to describe relentlessness like Cancer, a marathon runner, a football player, a cool car in LA, even heard on pimp my ride, from sports announcers and even kids say it but not aways about drugs. even when i did do stuff as a teenager and the doctor said my dad had chronic illness I didn't thank about drugs I thought it was a very strong illness that will not stop and would soon take my dad's life; kind of like the way Mike Mcneil feels about his ED. Turn over the can and see for your self it is unrelenting. I hate that I have to defend this guy but it seems that most just don't really know and assume their opinion which is the lowest form of knowledge. plus it's spelled "Chronic" not Kronik.

SumPoosieCat
12-21-2006, 10:05 PM
McLane here I come..... I should be top 5 no problem !!! ;)

greg
12-22-2006, 10:20 AM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by greg:
also if it were a marketing thing this guy was doing he would be pushing their new one, not one that every skateboarder and their mom's drink already. Oh Yeah....Moms out getting some "Kronik"...TAB maybe, but not Kronik. Do you think that subaurban Moms are idiots? They know what Kronik means and they wouldn't be caught dead letting their friend see them drinking one of those things. </font>[/QUOTE]Greg, I do know a lot of people (socer moms,skateboard moms, and moms that work their tail off that lov the drink and don't even think there is a reference the word chronic is used to describe relentlessness like Cancer, a marathon runner, a football player, a cool car in LA, even heard on pimp my ride, from sports announcers and even kids say it but not aways about drugs. even when i did do stuff as a teenager and the doctor said my dad had chronic illness I didn't thank about drugs I thought it was a very strong illness that will not stop and would soon take my dad's life; kind of like the way Mike Mcneil feels about his ED. Turn over the can and see for your self it is unrelenting. I hate that I have to defend this guy but it seems that most just don't really know and assume their opinion which is the lowest form of knowledge. plus it's spelled "Chronic" not Kronik. </font>[/QUOTE]Why do you want to try and Play me like that. You are arguing semantics on this just like NRGSLLR did with Mclanes/McClane Distribution, we all knew what we were talking about.
Check this out. http://www.kronikenergy.com/

Forget the "Ch"-Its spelled with a "K" And don't give me that crap about being extreme or "very Strong" we all know what the name connotes and why it was named Kronik. MArketing, marketing, Marketing!

What is this stuff about opinions being the lowest form of Knowledge? Knowledge is garnered through study and experience and it is reflected as opinion and practice.

[ 12-22-2006, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: greg ]

deepnenergy
12-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:
McLane here I come..... I should be top 5 no problem !!! ;) I wanted to say something but I like to be positive. But all jokes aside. can I find your ED in AZ? If not how far do i need to fly to get to it. I just would like to taste yours so i can know why you can be sold bold to through comments out that reflects negative Carma.

SumPoosieCat
12-22-2006, 11:05 AM
I will try to THROW good KARMA from now on. ;)

greg
12-22-2006, 01:53 PM
well, that's were CMA's come in retailer don't hold his end breaks the agreement. its all about work ppl we have to be there WHD or DSD it don't matter your beverage will die if you are not there red bull was and is still there, monster is their from the start. Rock Star started a little slow but was there and is really there now. Kronik is there, take a look. BUT they need to stay there if you slow down to will get ran over. Its all work, has to be , we must, work the market. most drinks that i have seen in DSD a lot I changed out can for can and replaced be cause the support stops at the DSD level. SEND in a truck and watch the money roll in.....NOT!!!

YOU MUST WORK TO BUILD A BEVERAGE BRAND OR I WILL COME ALONG AND REPLACE YOU WHEN THE TIME COMES.....and yes your right it is McLane ;) CMA's rarely mean anything to the delivery guy deliverying his own Brand. I doubt the delivery guy for McLane even knows what a CMA agreement is. And I also doubt that Mclane cares that much either.
Salesman get paid for knowing things like their positions and volume hurdles in CMA's.

deepnenergy
12-22-2006, 04:51 PM
well, that's were CMA's come in retailer don't hold his end breaks the agreement. its all about work ppl we have to be there WHD or DSD it don't matter your beverage will die if you are not there red bull was and is still there, monster is their from the start. Rock Star started a little slow but was there and is really there now. Kronik is there, take a look. BUT they need to stay there if you slow down to will get ran over. Its all work, has to be , we must, work the market. most drinks that i have seen in DSD a lot I changed out can for can and replaced be cause the support stops at the DSD level. SEND in a truck and watch the money roll in.....NOT!!!

YOU MUST WORK TO BUILD A BEVERAGE BRAND OR I WILL COME ALONG AND REPLACE YOU WHEN THE TIME COMES.....and yes your right it is McLane ;) CMA's rarely mean anything to the delivery guy delivering his own Brand. I doubt the delivery guy for McLane even knows what a CMA agreement is. And I also doubt that Mclane cares that much either.
Salesman get paid for knowing things like their positions and volume hurdles in CMA's. </font>[/QUOTE]Greg,
see that were You come in, what your telling me is you sell into DSD and do nothing??? Hope not.... you are so right Mclane don't know. see bill backs come direct to you from the chain their system orders through a server that is linked to cormark and mclane remember their merc dealers not DSD so its all auto. Who cares about the delivery driver, that reminds me of this guy that use to bring up "how the trucks get to the c-store as if should be a factor to the DSD taking the product), dude don't be silly.

Again we must go back and say we must work or we will not eat.....

deepnenergy
12-22-2006, 05:26 PM
I will try to THROW good KARMA from now on. ;) it dont matter how you spell it, you want it on your side. Thank you...

So when you were doing you Ed what were you looking for SomPoosie?

deepnenergy
12-22-2006, 05:28 PM
sorry, TYPO----- What were you looking for in SomPoosie?

greg
12-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Greg,
see that were You come in, what your telling me is you sell into DSD and do nothing??? Hope not.... you are so right Mclane don't know. see bill backs come direct to you from the chain their system orders through a server that is linked to cormark and mclane remember their merc dealers not DSD so its all auto. Who cares about the delivery driver, that reminds me of this guy that use to bring up "how the trucks get to the c-store as if should be a factor to the DSD taking the product), dude don't be silly.

Again we must go back and say we must work or we will not eat..... Are we talking about a nationwide DSD System with 1000's of doors or are we talking about 1 store that WHD delivers too? I think you put to much weight on the ability of a WHD to identify with your brand, your goals, your initiatives, your reputation, etc. You think I stop selling once I get itnto DSD......I have just began to sell! The difference is now I have guys that have a strong interest, as well as a financial interst in my product. I train them to sell my product directly to the retailer. I am in there sales meetings, I am on their trucks, I am in their retail outlets. I am everywhere because our relationship is like that of a marriage.
You ask me "Who cares about the delivery Guy?????????" Ask Pepsi If they care about the delivery guy, Ask Coke if they care about the delivery guy?AB, Coors, I can go on. The delivery guy, Next to the Salesman is usually the only contact the retailer has with the company that sells the product to them. These guys are important as hell!!! Pepsi even went so far as to create a program in the lat e 90's that approached business from the bottom up instead of the top to the bottom.. This meant from the last guy to touch the product from the manufacturers point of view.

deepnenergy
12-24-2006, 02:08 AM
Greg,

Again we must go back and say we must work or we will not eat..... Are we talking about a nationwide DSD System with 1000's of doors or are we talking about 1 store that WHD delivers too? I think you put to much weight on the ability of a WHD to identify with your brand, your goals, your initiatives, your reputation, etc. You think I stop selling once I get itnto DSD......I have just began to sell! The difference is now I have guys that have a strong interest, as well as a financial interst in my product. I train them to sell my product directly to the retailer. I am in there sales meetings, I am on their trucks, I am in their retail outlets. I am everywhere because our relationship is like that of a marriage.
You ask me "Who cares about the delivery Guy?????????" Ask Pepsi If they care about the delivery guy, Ask Coke if they care about the delivery guy?AB, Coors, I can go on. The delivery guy, Next to the Salesman is usually the only contact the retailer has with the company that sells the product to them. These guys are important as hell!!! Pepsi even went so far as to create a program in the lat e 90's that approached business from the bottom up instead of the top to the bottom.. This meant from the last guy to touch the product from the manufacturers point of view. </font>[/QUOTE]Sorry greg sounds as if you might have got a little offended, not my intention. I'm just saying when dealing with chains that as a independent ED company WHD deals with then with a auto system. I say again DSD is the best way to go over all. I know you dont stop after you sell in to DSD, I was making a point not saying your lazy. I do know of a lot of drinks that do that all the time and leave the DSD high and dry...

Mr Zabe
12-24-2006, 02:52 AM
My two cents.
Greg's point about the front line route men and women is absolutely true. As a buyer for a medium company's soda pop machines and as a soda pop freak customer at the grocery store level; IMO they provide sales,customer service and break their bottoms slinging packs and building displays. smile.gif

[ 12-24-2006, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

the saint
12-24-2006, 04:31 AM
Man this is great. I for once am not being the "bad" guy. It looks to me like, ( I am not trying to offend anyone involved ) what we have here is a classic "brand new, out of college, recent grad, college hire manager program" manager trying to tell his "obviously" dumber than (s)he, employee (who has 10 years or longer experience) on how much the manager "knows" and the employee doesn't.

Just because a textbook may have told you that having your product in as many outlets as possible means that you will sell more, doesn't neccessarily mean that you will. Mclanes drivers put the product in the door, period. they do not give a rats ass if it goes in the cooler or in that stack in the corner that every chain c store has, (you all know the one over in the corner covered in an inch of dust that is a hodge podge of products.) His job is to get it off the truck. Sure it may be in 20% of the stores in the US, but me personally, I will take being in 10% of the stores with someone who has an interest in the product putting it on the shelf every week. The sales will be the same or greater in no time.

SumPoosieCat
12-24-2006, 08:31 AM
I still can't believe McLane has any think to do with Kronik.

deepnenergy
12-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by the saint:
Man this is great. I for once am not being the "bad" guy. It looks to me like, ( I am not trying to offend anyone involved ) what we have here is a classic "brand new, out of college, recent grad, college hire manager program" manager trying to tell his "obviously" dumber than (s)he, employee (who has 10 years or longer experience) on how much the manager "knows" and the employee doesn't.

Just because a textbook may have told you that having your product in as many outlets as possible means that you will sell more, doesn't necessarily mean that you will. Mclanes drivers put the product in the door, period. they do not give a rats ass if it goes in the cooler or in that stack in the corner that every chain c store has, (you all know the one over in the corner covered in an inch of dust that is a hodge podge of products.) His job is to get it off the truck. Sure it may be in 20% of the stores in the US, but me personally, I will take being in 10% of the stores with someone who has an interest in the product putting it on the shelf every week. The sales will be the same or greater in no time. Well, thank you for your incite, your also right about DSD having an interest but it seems that just maybe the WHD would like to move product too, O-wait you said that "get it off the truck" but as far as i remember Circle K cares about their stores as well and so do most major chains. Now, please understand I'm not saying WHD is the way to go period (Read all my quotes) But big chains do like dealing with them and you get 28.50 per case instead of 24 and with that much margin you can play with pricing and still get 24.50 per case every day and create a CMA that runs 2/$3 5mos a year and get 21.50 per case and also sell twice as much. See through DSD the best you can hope for is $20 per case everyday and $17 in promo. This really CAN NOT work for M&P stores but for chains it all ends up on auto pilot and it gives you $4.50 per case to play with everyday for brand development, now that's a lot of meatballs tongue.gif

DSD IS BETTER OVER ALL BUT IF YOU ARE A NEW BRAND AND YOU WANT TO MOVE PRODUCT INTO BIG CHAINS WHD IS GOOD WAY TO START.

deepnenergy
12-26-2006, 03:14 PM
I still can't believe McLane has any think to do with Kronik. Why would you say that? You are a negative person.

ALLPRO
12-26-2006, 06:18 PM
If 7-11 Corp authorizes an item, they prefer in go through McClanes. McClanes serves a big need in Food Product Distribution, but they are horrible at ED'S and New Age RTD's.
The best thing that could happen to a DSD is to have McClane's pick up your competition. After about 60 days you wil find those drinks on the bottom shelf of the cooler.In regard's to Kronik, They sent us a distributor package, $24.00 per case was the lowest price they had for DSD,s. How can a DSD compete in the 16oz Category at that price? All the Big Boy's are running around $28.00 per case wholesale! You know they are doing some big bill backs to their distributors. Companies like Kronik just don't offer enough to even consider taking it on. I predict that
2007 will have a large casualty list of manfacturers that have attempted to play in the deep end of the 16oz ED pool.

SumPoosieCat
12-27-2006, 08:32 AM
24 dollars a case??? Wow... that would turn off any DSD. SPC sold for 24 dollars a case back when it was in a glass bottle but I think we provide more POS and support than most DSD's are use to getting.

SPC will continue to play in the 16 ounce pool but we will drop back down into the 8 ounce pool with our SPC and SPC sugar free. The reason is simple we sell well in the bars and nightclubs and a 8 ounce can is a must in that arena.

We want to make sure we are the next choice for those who cannot have Rockstar or Monster.

deepnenergy
12-27-2006, 10:13 AM
24 dollars a case??? Wow... that would turn off any DSD. SPC sold for 24 dollars a case back when it was in a glass bottle but I think we provide more POS and support than most DSD's are use to getting.

SPC will continue to play in the 16 ounce pool but we will drop back down into the 8 ounce pool with our SPC and SPC sugar free. The reason is simple we sell well in the bars and nightclubs and a 8 ounce can is a must in that arena.

We want to make sure we are the next choice for those who cannot have Rockstar or Monster. so what bar or night club are you in? I have never seen your drink except at this one DSD that you guys were trying to land. Also we are talking 16oz package at 24. There is one better way to get in with the on- premise and kick out RB, but that's mine and you would have to have a really shiny penny to get that info. But to speak truth is the most powerful tool, to lie is to show weakness.

deepnenergy
12-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by ALLPRO:
If 7-11 Corp authorizes an item, they prefer in go through McClanes. McClanes serves a big need in Food Product Distribution, but they are horrible at ED'S and New Age RTD's.
The best thing that could happen to a DSD is to have McClane's pick up your competition. After about 60 days you wil find those drinks on the bottom shelf of the cooler.In regard's to Kronik, They sent us a distributor package, $24.00 per case was the lowest price they had for DSD,s. How can a DSD compete in the 16oz Category at that price? All the Big Boy's are running around $28.00 per case wholesale! You know they are doing some big bill backs to their distributors. Companies like Kronik just don't offer enough to even consider taking it on. I predict that
2007 will have a large casualty list of manufacturers that have attempted to play in the deep end of the 16oz ED pool. you must be talking FL and yes your right that's why you match buck for buck under 30 so you end up at 22 per case. and most BBs are around 3 to 5.50 per case. Again I will ask, where is everyone drinks that are making these statements. I don't see them but I do see Kronik. I know there are a lot of great drinks out there but were are you on the west coast??? H*#L, do you want to be??? I can make it happen if you can cut it. Anyone that sees this and would like to move let me know I will take it to (my good friends that are DSD) but what ever happens will be posted on the bevboard... So its out there, now all you that say your the best Here is your chance......

PS if your good my contacts will move you and if your not, everyone will hear about it....now how much are you behind your own product??? You know that just gave me a great Idea!!! I will post it in a short while.