PDA

View Full Version : A whole door of Monster

rackitup
12-24-2006, 03:03 AM
Correction a whole door of Monster except for the four facing's of four packs in the bottom left corner.

Can anyone tell me how to post this image in this thread?
I tried putting [IMG] at the beninning and end of the URL and it did not do anything.

[ 01-02-2007, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: rackitup ]

the saint
12-24-2006, 03:54 AM
I am not knocking monster, I know it sells well, But a whole door??? That is a little overkill IMO. I know Bud is coming hard and heavy with monster.

I have had a few stores tell me that they are gonna cut space down on my product to add more monster ( Bud is running special on it around here ) and how none of my drinks sell, blah blah, Funny thing is that the space they were planning to cut wasn't in the cold vault, it was in a PBG owned cooler. I told them fine, "do what you feel is neccessary but I will warn you up front, the moment I see any foreign product in MY cooler I will void your contracts and pull all of the coolers in your store." most of the stores that have told me this do not have ANY cold vault space to speak of, most everything is in coolers thruout the store. They say that bud is giving them this great deal and needs space to support the deal. I say " well that is all fine and good, BUD needs to buy their own equipment then."

I have yet to be back into one of them that has put any monster in MY coolers, all the ones so far have cut down Bud space in the beer door in the cold vault.

[ 12-24-2006, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: the saint ]

rackitup
12-24-2006, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by the saint:
I am not knocking monster, I know it sells well, But a whole door??? That is a little overkill IMO. I know Bud is coming hard and heavy with monster.

I have had a few stores tell me that they are gonna cut space down on my product to add more monster ( Bud is running special on it around here ) and how none of my drinks sell, blah blah, Funny thing is that the space they were planning to cut wasn't in the cold vault, it was in a PBG owned cooler. I told them fine, "do what you feel is neccessary but I will warn you up front, the moment I see any foreign product in MY cooler I will void your contracts and pull all of the coolers in your store." most of the stores that have told me this do not have ANY cold vault space to speak of, most everything is in coolers thruout the store. They say that bud is giving them this great deal and needs space to support the deal. I say " well that is all fine and good, BUD needs to buy their own equipment then."

I have yet to be back into one of them that has put any monster in MY coolers, all the ones so far have cut down Bud space in the beer door in the cold vault. The retailers must have been yanking your chain, they know they can't do that, not even to Pepsi,LOL.

When I worked for pepsi the only time I saw another product in a Pepsi cooler was at Safeway, they had it worked out so they could put their Lucern single serve flavored milk in the checkout coolers of both Pepsi and Coke.

BTW I took this pic. @ an AM/PM in Corona CA.(Monster's hometown)
It must have been recently reset because the static clings on the top left corners of the doors have the wrong items.

the saint
12-24-2006, 04:46 AM
No these are the same store that week after week there is always some great new energy drink that "tastes better and will sell more than red bull" in the pbg coolers. Granted there is only a facing in them sometimes 2 but it is still in there. Every week it seems I get to yank a crate full of crap out and set it on the floor in the back room. The stores I am refering to are usually owned by middle easterners that think because they own (or lease)the building that they own everything inside the building and can do as they want.

upinarms
12-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Hey...thats not cold milk?

Monster sells...but that is kinda pushing it.

fusion
12-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Here's how to post the picture in a message:

Go to the picture on the website, and right click on the picture, and bring up "properties" - it will give you a a long URL that starts with http and ends with jpg.

http://images.orfay.com/i/photos1/2006/12/24/00/e/c/e/ece6e2ca855561db2586aa7567bb484a0_large.jpg

http://images.orfay.com/i/photos1/2006/12/24/00/e/c/e/ece6e2ca855561db2586aa7567bb484a0_large.jpg

fusion
12-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by the saint:
that think because they own (or lease)the building that they own everything inside the building and can do as they want. We've even had a gas station call the cops because we were coming to take out a cooler.

And at a c-store, the owner kicked and broke the door on a Pepsi cooler the bottler came to pick up because it was constantly full of foreign product.

David J.
12-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Is that monster "Battery" cans I see?

Man, I'd love to have those in my area, as the reg. 24oz cans are a pain when working, becuase you have to drink it all at once.

Heck, Red Bull 12oz just showed up, and the only store I've seen it at... is the only one that sells 24oz Monster.

SumPoosieCat
12-24-2006, 10:31 PM
A whole door of monster makes sense to me !!! To me it says a lot...like there is a new boss in town.

If Red Bull is willing to pay clubs thousands of dollars to be exclusive it makes sense for Monster to pay if they have to to have an entire door. IMO

greg
12-25-2006, 01:28 PM
All I noticed was the REDLINE static cling in the window and a REDLINE Suction Cup holder in the door.......Was I supposed to see something else!!!!! LOL

rackitup
12-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
We've even had a gas station call the cops because we were coming to take out a cooler.

And at a c-store, the owner kicked and broke the door on a Pepsi cooler the bottler came to pick up because it was constantly full of foreign product. [/QUOTE]

Fusion thank you verry much, I had no idea how to get the long URL(clicking on the image), I only had the short one.

In North Portland there was a CRAZY Man of Korean ancestory who attacked at least two Pepsi Employees, in one of the attacks he stepped up on the side of a pepsi cab and punched the driver in the heart(I think it was tha famouse Korean heart punch,LOL), in another attack he chased a Pepsi salsewoman outside of the store and in to her car, I am not sure if he had anything personally against all Pepsi employees or he was an equal opp. attacker.

rackitup
12-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by greg:
All I noticed was the REDLINE static cling in the window and a REDLINE Suction Cup holder in the door.......Was I supposed to see something else!!!!! LOL The post was really for you,LOL.

Notice how the store covered your Suction Cup Holder?

I have seen Redline four pack's on top of Several Red Bull coolers in So Cal too.

Mr Zabe
12-25-2006, 04:30 PM
rackitup,
Maybe those Portland Pepsi workers should pack special stun guns
for angry C-Store idiots. LMAO

[ 12-25-2006, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

the saint
12-25-2006, 09:27 PM
I have had to call the cops out to stores in the past because the owners have activated the magnetic locks on the doors and refuse to let us out with our cooler. It is kind of funny when the police show up and the owners start clammoring how we are stealing his cooler when we had company logod shirts on, in a company truck, taking a cooler with "property of PBG" written all over it. The cops said "well possesion is 9/10 of the law", we told the cop that we wanted to press charges of being held in captivity against our will. The cop smiled and told the owner that if he did the paperwork on our charges that he would be going to jail. It wasn't to hard getting out the door at that point with the cooler.

Red Sox fan
12-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Where was that picture taken? I doubt that is an actual POG for a c-store chain. If so, please post the POG..

Possibly some independant c-store owner who made a deal with his local monster rep so the rep could send in his fancy pic to his boss.

Nice try.

SumPoosieCat
12-26-2006, 12:46 AM
I have seen this more and more lately... not an entire door but half a door many times... Monster is on a roll.

Mr Zabe
12-26-2006, 12:59 AM
Funny...I admit that when it comes to the ED C-Stores or
any stores....I do not know one thing about ED POG's.
My first impression too was that that "picture" was a set up for a picture.LOL

[ 12-26-2006, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

rackitup
12-26-2006, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Red Sox fan:
Where was that picture taken? I doubt that is an actual POG for a c-store chain. If so, please post the POG..

Possibly some independant c-store owner who made a deal with his local monster rep so the rep could send in his fancy pic to his boss.

Nice try. Red Sox fan the answer to some of you're questions are in post #3 if this thread.

I was in the store on the Sunday before last.

I was driving home to LA Via Corona from San Diego.

I do not do business with that particular Am/Pm so I am not sure if it is Corporate or Ind. owned.

I thought the reset was interesting too.

I think it looks like some Horse and pony show, or is that dog and pony show? well you know what I mean,LOL

[ 12-26-2006, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: rackitup ]

Bill Brasky
12-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Saw a full-door of Monster last week in North Jersey before the Giants/Saints game (horrible game)...except the door had the LOST, RUMBA, and other Hansen's brands in it as well...It was an independent store, but I was still in shock. Must have had like 20+ SKU's in it of all sizes and packages...looked great!

I've seen the full-door of Monster in Flying J's and other truck stops in PA..but like Jersey there is no beer in the store and they were truck stops, which always sell incredible amnts. of Energy Drinks...but popping up in Jersey?? Wow.

Funny someone else said something about this topic...

ALLPRO
12-26-2006, 06:26 PM
FYI: Monster HQ is in Corona, Ca. If this store is in Corona, maybe Monster Corp set something up in their own backyard.

SumPoosieCat
12-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Or maybe the store owner is selling Monster like crazy and decided to keep up with demand and devote an entire door to what is selling for him.

fusion
12-27-2006, 01:36 AM
So, that's why we don't see any of your product in the picture!

SumPoosieCat
12-27-2006, 08:20 AM
You can't sell what you don't have.

As you can see SumPoosie Cat Energy Drink sells out first !!! ;)

Ron Swedelson
12-27-2006, 11:15 AM
I am guessing Monster helped to create some incentives for the store, this would allow Monster Corp. to show off what their ideal store would look like. Outside of that, I do not think it is a good idea. Unless that store is selling 20 cases, per day, and has no way of keeping everything stocked. Even Red Bull. I had no problem signing people up for programs that would pay for 2 full shelves or products. You have sugar free and original and 4 packs of each. Now you add in the 12 packs and 12 oz, so maybe up to 3 shelfs. But even at 2 shelfs, that is a lot of room for a product. As a sales rep, I would love to have a full door of one of my brands. But, having worked in retail for 8 years, and seeing my father who ownes some 7-11 stores, you are simply wasting real estate. I am guessing, unless that store has about 20 cooler doors, that they could put all thoes energy drinks into one door, maybe even 1 and 1/4 of the doors. And that would free up another 3-5 shelfes to sell other brands.

Red Sox fan
12-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Ron,

Right on. I would bet the farm that the pic was a set up.

Don't get me wrong..Monster's velocity is strong in the category. but let's not be insane..

mofizz
12-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Most stores in my area have a maximum of 1 door of energy total. If the store has the space however (have you been to a new c-store lately?) it wouldn't surprise me if Monster got an entire door. This is especially true if the Budweiser guys are in tight with the store owner. Hell, i've filled 5 shelves with Pepsico energy in some giant stores so this could definately happen and yes i'm sure Monster/Hansens paid a nice premium for it.

deepnenergy
12-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Well, this guy sells a lot of monster or they did a FDD. A program that gives a full door and the retailer 12 to 14 per case for the first 2mos then the last 2mos with 2 or 3 2/$3 deals between. Its like buying a bill board in a busy c-store and it pays you . They should have got outside branding as well and run a 2/$4 or 2/$3 if they did it right, that I'm very sure they did. done the right way it will blow up your ED brand just like those smart CSD guys. Your little indy Ed company can't do that it takes a company like Monster w/AB to match the CSD programs. I also wouldn't doubt if there wasn't a half pallet in the back as well.IMO

deepnenergy
12-27-2006, 06:30 PM
seems their making moves to take CSD market share like their doing to RB

SumPoosieCat
12-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Go to any grocery store and you will see 10 feet of Monster and Rockstar and 3 feet or Red Bull. My how things change.