PDA

View Full Version : Nice colors.... but !

SumPoosieCat
12-27-2006, 09:48 PM
The last 2 years have been very good to Rockstar. The new flavors are colorful and interesting but my question is... who are they for?

I have tried them all except for Rockstar21 which I think is just a bad idea.

Rockstar zero carb is by far the best tasting and looking of all flavors available.

Nice white can...black can...blue can...purple can... orange can... but who is going to drink Rockstar Juice....and why?

Is there a difference between Rockstar Sugar Free and the Zero Carb ???

Are these colors selling? Rockstar Zero Carb is by far the best tasting.... the others are a bit hard to swallow.

stinkfinger
12-27-2006, 11:14 PM
Please, DON'T FEED THE TROLL!!!!!!

SumPoosieCat
12-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Troll...lol... so much for conversation and input.

Brainy
12-28-2006, 01:15 AM
I heard Rockstar is still strong in the west coast but are having issues in the other areas. The Juice line is a great way to increase revenue and supplement the slow sales for the original Rockstar in certain regions. All in all, a great move to take advantage of the distribution channels but as for its actual movement, I think its just filling up its pipelines.

Just my thought.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
12-28-2006, 11:27 AM
the rockstar juiced and lo carb must sell ok here, because they have brought in 24 oz versions of them here, along with 24 oz full throttle.

jacksmom
12-28-2006, 12:03 PM
My husband loves, loves, loves the Rockstar Guava. I, myself, think it's okay and I do like the purple can. He won't even try a different energy drink since he found the Rockstar Guava, so, for our part here, I think my husband alone buys out all the Rockstar Guava supply.

deepnenergy
12-28-2006, 02:13 PM
IMO, it seems as though the companies that are growing are breaking away from the whole RB idea and becoming USA type ED companies. America is not a one brand market, we build multi everything. You can not expect to come to the US and just have one flavor, yea that was great when it first got here but we are a mixed people, different taste witch calls for a aggressive company or they don't make it. Monster sees that, BooKoo sees that, Kronik sees that, and now Rockstar has a even greater vision of that but just like RS did so will the others and the whole single flavor 8.3 guys will fade. I say "Even RB will fade into the background if they don't expand their brand". Just remember the dumb A** who said it here, and see. IMO

Daisy
12-28-2006, 03:26 PM
In case you haven't read any reviews, here's some proof that people love the taste and colors of Rockstar.

Category: US Energy Drinks; Packaging: 16 fl oz can
Original Rockstar
BevNET Review:
Using a blend of 70% juice, this product has one of the most intense fruit flavors that we've ever seen in an energy drink. Unlike Rockstar Juiced or Monster Khaos, this product's tropical fruit flavor is complex, but smooth, and doesn't have the caffeine tinge that were common in the first round of juice + energy hybrids. The level of sweetness is a bit strong, but enjoyable, and overall it has a flavor that is extremely refreshing. The packaging uses color well, with black and gold offsetting the bright hue of the purple. Plus, it will be easy to pick out from the crowd as this is not a color that has been widely used. Overall, we think that this product is a good addition to the Rockstar lineup and it provides a good alternative to the existing Juiced SKU.

Added: 10/5/2006 | Updated: 10/11/2006 11:13:15 AM

Rockstar Zero Carb
Category: Diet Energy Drinks; Packaging: 16 fl oz can

BevNET Review:
As far as diet energy drinks go, this is one of the best we've seen. The bright blue and silver can is original in its appearance and, more importantly, it doesn't have that washed out look that so many diet products suffer from. The can is clean and to point, which requires the consumer to read the label if they want to know what makes this drink tick. That's fine by us -- consumers who care about things like green tea extract and yerba mate will find it. As for the flavor, Rockstar Zero Carb's is exceptional, with a berry-style flavor that is big on taste (including a natural taste to the sweetness) and has minimal aftertaste, thanks to a blend of ace-k and sucralose. Overall, we think Rockstar has hit the nail on the head with Rockstar Zero Carb.

Added: 10/5/2006 | Updated: 10/11/2006 11:13:33 AM

Rockstar Juiced
Category: US Energy Drinks; Packaging: 24 fl oz (710 ml) can

BevNET Review:
While there will undoubtedly be industry critics who look at this as a knock-off of Monster's Khaos, we're not going to be one of them. Rockstar Juiced is a well-done, original-tasting energy-juice hybrid that is, in our opinion, some of Rockstar's best work to date. The bright gold and orange hues have lots of pop and, when combined with the 24-ounce can, it's a can that will be almost impossible to miss. But that's not all -- packed inside the can is a formulation that uses 70% juice as its base. The high juice content undoubtedly contributes to this product have absolutely no aftertaste whatsoever -- just lots of sweet, tropical fruit flavor. For those of you looking or a buzz, this product's large size will not disappoint as one could easily consume a large portion of this in one sitting. Overall, this is without a doubt one of the best products we've tasted in the category to date. A very timely and well executed product from Rockstar.

Added: 2/6/2006 | Updated: 2/6/2006 5:27:16 PM

Added: 7/8/2004 | Updated: 7/8/2004 11:38:18 AM

Diet Rockstar Energy Drink

BevNET Review:
Using Ace-K and sucralose instead of sugar/corn syrup, Diet Rockstar does not taste bad compared to the original. In fact, it tastes quite good as far as energy drinks go. However, the one thing that we want to consider is the use of the word "diet" on the can. For some reason, the phrases "Party like a rockstar" and the word "diet" just don't mix. We're very curious to see how product will do compared to the other sugar free energy drinks. As far as taste goes, this one definitely ranks among the top when it comes to taste.

Added: 2/2/2003 | Updated: 2/3/2003 10:12:48 AM

Rockstar Energy Drink

BevNET Review:
Rockstar was the first energy drink to feature the larger 16oz can. The flavor of this product is very good, but like many other energy drinks it is hard to put into words. Basically, it has citrus, bubble gum, and vanilla flavors that result in an almost apple-like flavor. Much better than the medicinal tasting competitors. As for the formula, you'll find many ingredients that you'd expect in an energy drink, plus a few extras. Specifically, they've added Milk Thistle, which some studies claim helps with hangovers. While we didn't consume this product under the influence, we are sure that there many people who will. Overall, the product is good, but we had a bit of trouble finishing the entire can. However, this product has created the most successful energy drink sub-category (16 oz) so we'll definitely give them the credit they deserve.

Added: 12/17/2002 | Updated: 6/22/2004 9:26:09 PM

SumPoosieCat
12-28-2006, 06:53 PM
I enjoy the blue zero carb but I noticed today the c store I go to had Rockstar Juice and Zero Carb marked down 2 for 3 dollars. Is that a good sign? Or is it done to get people to try it? Are men going to buy Rockstar Juice? Interesting....

deepnenergy
12-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:
I enjoy the blue zero carb but I noticed today the c store I go to had Rockstar Juice and Zero Carb marked down 2 for 3 dollars. Is that a good sign? Or is it done to get people to try it? Are men going to buy Rockstar Juice? Interesting.... I know you must know what a 2/$3 program is?

SumPoosieCat
12-28-2006, 11:35 PM
I repeat.... do you think it's a sign that they are having trouble moving it or is it to get people to try it.

Daisy
12-29-2006, 12:56 PM
it's to get people to try it and to move product for the store. It's really good for both parties and it's not a bad sign at all.

deepnenergy
12-29-2006, 01:20 PM
I repeat.... do you think it's a sign that they are having trouble moving it or is it to get people to try it. your right, I should answer like that. Please forgive me? RS is running a bunch of 2/$3 programs to take market share for the final AC Nielsen ending 52weeks for 06. you ask how do I know? well, you will soon see some major changes in the ED market there will be a division between national brands & regional brands. The big companies are locking down all the larger DSD (Beer, CSD, and Indy)with contracts, soon there will be very limited space where most will never get distribution. It's a business strategy that their all using. Even Monster in some states have 2 DSD under contracts, one has 8.3 for on-premise and the other 16oz for off. Both under contract both can't carry anything else. It's almost like how the CSD guys lock down a cooler in a c-store.

deepnenergy
12-29-2006, 01:23 PM
I ment NOT to answer Sompoosiecat like that....sorry

SumPoosieCat
12-29-2006, 06:26 PM
If that is the case it could help me... I am looking to be the 4th choice behind Red Bull Monster and Rockstar.

I think there are plenty of distributors that want a good energy drink that will sell well but for one reason or another can't have one of the big three.

I will be very happy for SumPoosie Cat Energy Drink to take the 4th slot. ;)

deepnenergy
12-29-2006, 06:49 PM
If that is the case it could help me... I am looking to be the 4th choice behind Red Bull Monster and Rockstar.

I think there are plenty of distributors that want a good energy drink that will sell well but for one reason or another can't have one of the big three.

I will be very happy for SumPoosie Cat Energy Drink to take the 4th slot. ;) IMO I really think that it's in your name. I've been told you do have a good ED taste good has the energy but what store owner wants to hear some 15 year old kid tell his mom or her mom that they want Sompoosie. Not trying to knock your ED but I've heard it from DSD, and no sorry I can not tell you who. I will tell you that a c-store in MN kicked out Dickens Cider because a mother complained of the brand name.

But IMO change you brand or add another and see, you will do much better.

deepnenergy
12-29-2006, 06:52 PM
And why have you sights set on the fourth slot? Think like #1 and you may become it.

SumPoosieCat
12-30-2006, 02:01 AM
A Poosie Cat is a Poosie Cat...Ever hear of the *****Cat Dolls... is that too offensive? I don't think SumPoosie Cat energy drink is going to offend anyone.

The fourth slot would be just fine with me...

Being #1 is not a measure of happiness!

Bill Brasky
12-30-2006, 12:10 PM
If you ain't first, you're last.
-Mr. Bobby

POP
12-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Bill Brasky:
If you ain't first, you're last.
-Mr. Bobby "Dear 8lb baby Jesus..."
:D

POP
12-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, Ricky Bobby didn't say that. It was Reese Bobby. It was also the bumper sticker on Reese's Chevelle.

Ricky just TM'd it

Bill Brasky
12-31-2006, 11:33 AM
Hence....why I said Mr. Bobby.

POP
12-31-2006, 07:50 PM
Yes, that was very clever Mr. Brasky.
Happy New Year!